• Pencilvester
    Good afternoon, I am hoping someone can help me out. I am looking for a good quality vape that I can use heavily every day. This will be used primarily for concentrates. Portable, desktop, etc... doesn't really matter, but I do favor portables when possible. I don't have any particular budget restrictions within reason to worry about either.

A few years ago, before I switched to concentrates I used a Volcano, and it would be amazing if I could find something similar in terms of both quality of the unit, and the vapor.

Currently I am using a Magic Flight Maud Dib, and I do like the performance, but I've had lots of quality control issues, getting parts like screens is a huge hassle, and cleaning it isn't exactly a blast either. In the around 2 years I've been using it, I have probably had to warranty the power supply 8-10 times. Recently they switched to a new design, and its been complete trash for me. (I'm not here to debate the quality of the MFLB. I've been down that road on Reddit. If it works for you, great, I'm happy. Personally doing a warranty swap every 6 weeks is just not something I'm willing to deal with anymore.)

I've tried most of the 'pen' vapes. Ive had a G pen, cloud, atmos, kandy, etc... They are all ok, but I am a heavy daily user, and they just aren't practical. I feel with the pens there are too many sacrifices made in order to keep them small. Plus the coils wear out too quickly, and exploding Chinese batteries make me nervous.

The ones I'm currently looking at are the Mighty, Crafty, and the PAX 3. Aside from the Pax 3, I haven't really seen much discussion online about using those particular vapes with concentrates. If anyone has any opinions I'd love to hear them. I'm so tired of searching, I just want to find whatever the Volcano of concentrates is.

Thanks in advance.
  • Jared
    I bought sourcevapes source nail reviews are good srong bat. Kit includes everything to go from a portable enail rig with bubbler attachment to vape pen with glass globe with carb. Ill have in bout an hr let u know how personal experience goes. Sourcevapes sourcenail temp control kit 250$
  • Deleted User
    This user has been deleted and all their posts removed.
  • Baron23
    Here's something to consider:

https://www.newvape.com/vape-essentials/velvet-hammer/

Its your basic Divine Tribe 2.5 or Atmos Kiln ceramic donut atomizer and Eleaf 30W mod but for really cheap price.

Or, just buy a good box mod on your own (if have any preferences in mods) and get the atomizer.

Frankly, if you are a heavy user of concentrates then why not get an enail and glass rig?

Why portable, do you travel out with it a lot?
  • Flipz
    The cloud evo is real good with concentrates. It's a desktop vape and a little pricey but I find gives off amazing flavor vapor whether using herb or wax.
  • Pencilvester
    Thanks for the suggestion. Nails aren't really practical for me, I need something that can be loaded and then used.
  • Pencilvester
    Wow, these seem amazing. Briefly looked at some videos on YouTube also, and I'm very intrigued. I've mostly avoided anything to do with mod's because the settings seemed overwhelming, and I don't have the ability to do fine motor work with my hands, so building coils was always another turn off. This thing seems to be built like a tank, and a 5$ a coil, this seems very promising. Are there any particular battery setups you can recommend?
  • Pencilvester
    This looks like an amazing setup. The fragility of the glass half worries me, I tend to drop things, but the fact you can use it with other glass makes it a possibility for me. Thank you so much for suggesting this one.
  • Pencilvester
    When I figure out a good battery to get for the Saionara I'll def pick up one of these too. The price is good, and it will be a nice to have a backup. Thanks!
  • Bruce
    I am very sensitive to concentrates, but the Firefly 2 does a great job for me with my dabs, really smooth, and of course it a convection tech oven for dry herbs.
  • Bruce
    The most difficult vape to clean is the Pax. You have to really get in there to get corners of the oven, the metal stem, mouthpiece. With that said, I would never use a pax for concentrates, there is no way to get a dab session cleaned out on a pax. It's technically a dual vape, good luck cleaning that out after a dab session.
  • Deleted User
  • Jared
    Actually u can get certain setups and fit up to a gram in the bucket supposedly. I got mine finally but after i waited 6 weeks for them to finish upgrading them to a 60watt battery they didnt send me the actual battery im so pissed sourcevapes products look promising but the companys support,shipping, their all lacking. Now i have to get ahold of them and get the battery so i can even use the product
  • Jared
    Oh and u can use it as an enail in your regular glass rig so no torch!
  • MisterWeed
    Cloud Evo rips!! I don't own one, so did not have a chance to break one yet :) but it's pure convection and it really makes the concentrates taste amazing. It's also super efficient. Highly recommended. Same with the Firefly2. If you want something that really elevates the taste and the experience, go with pure convection style like Evo or Firefly2. My Firefly2 rips too!! if you want to go more practical but not as tasty, go with Vape Critics' top recommendations, they are pretty similar me thinks...
  • Jgpollack07
    The Source Vapes Enail has a lot of versatility, with the globe its basically a pen and can fit easily in jacket pocket, and with one of the water filtration units ( the kits come with one) I have definitely gotten some rig like hits, but you have to keep it clean, there is a bit of a learning curve, and if you have to deal with customer service a lot of patience is required to get what you need from them
  • Jared
    Ya i was super excited to get the nail kit and i lucked out and got the new 250$ kit with 55$ of qrtz atomizers for the wait all for 170$ but they didnt give me the most important part the new battery i dont understand how they could do that to anyone and forget the BATTERY!?
  • Deleted User
  • Beamer
    I dig my source. Man I'm sure you ain't supposed to hit it like a rockstar but I tell ya what that fucking thing will leave ya on your knees with smoke blowing out your ears if ya want it to....
  • Jared
    One more thing as far as i can tell since i received the battery for my sourcevapes nail i started tinkering and read that the 4 series atomizers work with temp control mode and the whole reason i ordered was for temp control and the instructions they give for the battery are nothing compared to the real thing the 60 watt battery as far as i can tell has no temp control only wattage mode and does nothing the instructions say like recognizing a new atomizer and testing resistance and i was never informed im pretty disappointed i was never told this before receiving unless i figure out its user error as to why i cant use temp mode please be cautious before buying any products from them.
  • Pencilvester
    My Sai came today. I cannot be happier with my purchase. This thing is incredible. I cannot believe I've gone this long without one. Thanks again everyone for your input. Happy Vaping!
  • Deleted User
  • Saeed
    I am curious can you use an S&B product for concentrates? Ive never tried.
  • Baron23
    Saeed - they do make the liquid pads for that purpose and I know of some who do. But these are my expensive dry herb vapes so I don't with the exception of making an herb/concentrate sandwich in a dosing capsule from time to time.

But I would rather put my concentrates onto my enail or pens.
  • Flipz
    I have used liquid pads in my mighty and crafty which work pretty good but nothing exceptional. I don't use em much since like @Baron23 said, they are expensive and I prefer to only use the vapes for herb. It doesn't feel right getting my chambers gunked up with concentrates lol.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment