• scienceismagic
    Yeah, sounds like yours is wonky. I like my Firefly because of the on demand heating and flavor, but it can be annoying to use. I'm hoping the ghost mv1 is basically a really easy and more discrete Firefly.
  • Jack-vic
    I dont think it will be more discrete as it is larger.
  • scienceismagic
    It's larger, but one problem with the Firefly is it looks just like a pipe, you hold it horizontal. The ghost, I can use with neighbors in view, I think.
  • EconMan
    All you can assure anybody is that YOUR personal interactions with FF CS were good and satisfactory. Your personal experience is a good data point to offer to others and is valuable in and of itself. If you stopped there, all is good. Going beyond that at all, much less to this massively broad generality, undermines the entire board's credibility and may possibly mislead the naive or new vaporist.Baron23

Wow. An excellent expression of epistemology. :cool:

A new innovative vape company, EconoManic, has ONE happy customer who had a great experience and his vape works perfect daily and he loves the product and the company. The other 999,999 customers had horrible experiences, hated the vape, the company, and wish disease and famine on its owners.

Can the one fan of the EconoManic claim with any epistemological validity, "This is a great vape and good company" ?
  • LabPong
    aint nobody got no time for no dictionaries.....
  • Dr green thumb

What did you dab last night :rofl:
  • EconMan

LOL

Put it this way. I had no bread but I did have butter, and a Costco size lot of it. Enough to where psychologically I was not, in the moment, operating with an expectation of scarcity. :nerd:

I also had a 3am call to Hong Kong. :)
  • LabPong
    Ok....after getting a used FF2 from statedat52......I am digging it for doing my fresh pressing of flower. Super nice smooth great tasting vapor.

One thing I am finding....no one has any spare concentrate pads for sale....is there another vape that uses the same size as the FF2?

Anyone have any extra lids....say a black or gray?
  • EconMan

Welcome to the club. One of my favorite Rosin pipes period. Amazing taste.

Re pads, they are 13mm wide (exact diameter of SB rivet nut as a reference)

Now you got me worried.... lol.... I have a few and one new one left..... if you need one I'll send you a used one.... but I need to find a source.

EDIT:
    supposedly the 13mm ones from S&B "Liquid Pad For Dosing Capsules" will work :)

Going to order a set and see
    https://www.storz-bickel.com/us/en/store/acc/drip-pad-set-for-dosing-capsules.html

EDIT2:
    S&B seem to not know what they want to call their products. It is also known as:
    "Drip Pad For Dosing Capsules"
  • Dr green thumb
    2p95dbsnxe5dfylx.jpg

MightySkins Skin for Firefly 2 Vaporizer - Woody | Protective, Durable, and Unique Vinyl Decal wrap Cover | Easy to Apply, Remove, and Change Styles | Made in The USA https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C87MCPM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_CqiFCbD954T46

@EconMan

22 choices to customize your ff2
  • EconMan

These are cool, as they don't leave residue when you get tired of them or they wear out.
  • LabPong
    skins are cool.....just the lid i have has a slight seal prob...so wanted to get a new lid to get a secure seal for sure.
  • EconMan

Is this the gray foam seal material some folks bitch about? I hear stories about seals disintegrating, but I've had mine a year, use it daily, clean it multiple times a day with iso and it is in perfect shape.

If I do ever have the problem I'll just buy a new lid, or break out whatever glue is best for foam to adhere to glass.
  • LabPong
    What temp do you use for rosin on the pads? I have been leaving it set at 470F.

Wondering if I should turn it up some to take a shorter draw? But will it sacrifice taste or push harshness. I tried 480 and 490 once....but not sure I liked it that high.

Does 470F seem like a good medium for rosin?
  • To the Cloud
    I notice no difference between 450 - 500 when doing the shatter. 500 just gets me the most out of it. Then again my shatter is not the most tasty
  • LabPong
    TTC interesting.....though I have never used shatter or wax....just my own pressed rosin. Seems it does not take much to get it going on the pad after the first warm up draw.

How long of a pull do you take when it is warmed up and going good. Can you back off at say 5-8 seconds and get a nice hit?
  • EconMan

Depends on the rosin. If squished through a bag and it's pretty clean, I go in at about 480. Regular budder/shatter/etc, 500.

First draw, "cigar it"... the goal is to get that "peephole" HOT,,,,,THIS IS CRITICAL. second draw... smooth sustained controlled draw..... WONDER TASTE! and serious hit. Third draw... I purposely overheat mine (red light comes on and stays on) and at that magic inflection point,a full complete draw, and it just shines as a concentrates vape. The best your Rosin can taste, certainly vaped in a pipe.

DO NOT FORGET THE LID. After several draws -- no matter how shitty your rosin might be (or how awesome) -- the oil that collects on the mirror-lid makes for the best hits of my life. Still trying to fully understand the chemistry, but it both purifies and increases the potency of the oil. Scrape the lid, dab it on the pad, put the lid back on, and do it again.

Like a little kid begging to lick the spoon, I ALWAYS want to scrape that lid. lol
  • LabPong
    Just did a scrape of 2 lids and the vape.....wooooo nice reclaim for sure.

What do you scrape with....any specific tool that is not too harsh on the glass? I need a micro sized Ti paint scrapper. Not sure I want to use a dab tool that I have....the flat one I have is sort of sharp.

Actually.....I just grabbed what I think is the possible scraper...one that came with my Dulytek 800. 1/2 wide one....I think it is just stainless coated maybe. I will try that one next time.

I was just nervous to scratch the glass pieces.
  • LabPong
    Oh...also I can't seem to get the battery status lights to work. It says to tap the right button 3 times quickly?

Mine wont do anything. How accurate is the meter in the app?
  • EconMan
    Actually.....I just grabbed what I think is the possible scraper...one that came with my Dulytek 800. 1/2 wide one....I think it is just stainless coated maybe. I will try that one next time.LabPong

That's it! Yeah, that one! I have some really nice dabware, but that one particular tool is critical now.
    Third one from the left

il_570xN.1687515089_ld2o.jpg

Re buttons, a legitimate criticism of the FF2 is the thermal sensors are very susceptible to "coatings" over them..... moisten your finger... it should work. I use iso pads on it regularly to keep the contacts clean. And of course, never with gloves.

I mostly use the app to change settings and check status, only because I got use to it. You can also get up to an 11% boost on temp with the "calibration" settings, but use them judiciously, and don't forget, it can cause inadvertent combustion.
  • LabPong
    They hooked me up with this free accessory kit when I purchased my 800...

Check out the width on that scrapper...12mm :up:

Collection_Tool_Set_-1500x1500-With-Jar_900x.png?v=1536073508
  • Ctipp22
    @EconMan I had to check if you made this thread
  • EconMan

Love the cold plate. I'm using a 12"x12" ceramic tile from home depot I keep in the freezer.

Mine came with two dab tools, two silicone containers, and a package of bags. No glass collector/stamper.

You got a better deal!

I had to check if you made this threadCtipp22

That makes me proud. On my tombstone, say as a footnote in fine print, "here lies a proud FF2 user" :rofl:
  • acstorfer
    Pfft. We all know Firefly 2 has no flavor. There’s only one vape if you’re serious about flavor. Get yourself a G-Pen Pro minimum. If you want to go the extravagant route then only the Snoop Doggity Doo Doo version will do.
  • LabPong
    Love the cold plate. I'm using a 12"x12" ceramic tile from home depot I keep in the freezer.

Mine came with two dab tools, two silicone containers, and a package of bags. No glass collector/stamper.

You got a better deal!
    EconMan

Now I recall why they gifted me that kit.....the day after I ordered my press...the price went down. lol

They were cool enough to hook me up with something more useful than the difference in price....I think it was just $10 or something.
  • EconMan

Ah ha! Then I don't feel cheated -- lol :joke:

Seriously, the good way they have treated me I have zero complaints.
    Even the broken bolt was my own damn fault -- trying to lift a car with a pencil. It's why when "scope-creep" hit my squishing psyche, and larger amounts at a time became a value, I looked at them first as I shopped, and finally bought from them (DW6000).
  • Ctipp22
    Does Your firefly give good hits every try or is it intermittent ? I felt that I was consistently having issues but my device was not good. Then just sold the new one
  • EconMan

Certainly some intermittency as it is sensitive to grind per categories of humidity, strain, and draw technique. I would never argue with anyone that it doesn't have such issues.... sometimes you don't get much of a hit for a variety of possible reasons (similar to the MV1 in that regard), but I've learned to minimize those times with just old fashion patience and experience. I know there are extra costs to the vape in addition to its relatively high explicit price, but for me it's worth it. I know occasionally I'll get a bad hit, sometimes mediocre ones.... but the BEST 8 out of 10 hits of my life have been on my Firefly2. When the planets align it's truly a perfect moment in time. This is the Holy Grail. :100:
  • Ctipp22
    If you get a splinter I have a good video for you to set up a TCR mode. Lotus is just like the firefly but I feel with skill and experience you can ensure every rip to be pretty steller. Its all about technique. Honestly if I had to compare two devices to be the most similar for vapor quality I would say lotus and firefly are super similar.
  • EconMan

I think one of the hardest vapes to use is the Sticky Brick Jr. But for those who do master it, it is a category of consumption all to itself. :love:

@Other Side and @Dr Green Thumb have convinced me of its efficacy, and I think the Splinter would fill a gaping categorical hole in my collection. :cool:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment