• Ctipp22
    Those things look beastly but im not into inhaling butane. Just a personal decision I make. The splinter is … really good flavor not quite firefly BUT you can medicate like a powerhouse with it all while not tasting bad.
  • warren0728
    I think one of the hardest vapes to use is the Sticky Brick Jr. But for those who do master it, it is a category of consumption all to itself. :love:

i agree ... my sbj was the hardest vape for me to get right ... now i hardly think about it!
  • EconMan
    Those things look beastly but i'm not into inhaling butaneCtipp22

It does beg the question, how much butane is consumed in actual proper operation? And if any, is it statistically within reasonable relative tolerances? I don't know. I do know I don't blow direct flame into the inlet, rather more like keep the flame an inch away or so, which forces hot air into the vape as I moderately inhale..... At least theoretically, parts-per-million must be miniscule -- it's burt?
  • Ctipp22
    probably fine I just don’t like the idea
  • Baron23
    The products of butane combustion are water vapor and CO2.

Now, this assumes that your butane is well and fully combusted....something I do not think anyone has confined. But, given that they can run as hot as 1,400 F, I suspect that the butane is well consumed...particularly in comparison to soft flame lighters like a Bic.

Cheers
  • LabPong
    Happiness is when you are out of squish....and do not want to press what little you have right now.

Then.....you recall.....oh yea...I sort of over did it last week doing rosin in my FF2. So you go grab it....then realize that you got a ton of reclaim to easily scrape up and reload your pad!

BAM! HIGHLY LIFTED AND TOTALLY UP! :sparkle:
  • EconMan

Love ti! :love:

Had that exact experience. Out of flower, out of rosin.... carts only..... thought I would take the opportunity to deep-clean all my devices, and the #FF2. a good .5 was on the lid....

FF2 lid reclaim is such a joy -- it makes it cleaner, stronger, and tastier.....

Oh, fyi, the Mighty "dosing capsule" concentrate pads (dosing capsule ONLY) work... a little thicker but I've observed no degradation.... a small argument they may work better. ??
  • LabPong
    I just tried some flower in the FF2 for the first time.....actually not too bad. But make note to self....clean the rosin out of it before you use flower....lol

I can not believe how smooth it is.....I can actually do flower without water with the FF2....cool beans! :cool:

What temps do you all use for flower? I use 460or 470 for rosin...
  • Ctipp22
    how do you like it compared to thenlotus for flower?
  • EconMan
    But make note to self....clean the rosin out of it before you use flower....lolLabPong

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

AND, don't forget to turn down the temp! :gasp:

And I’m about to get a lid hit :love: :yum:
    tqnw7h8zx8rc899i.jpeg
  • LabPong
    LabPong
    how do you like it compared to thenlotus for flower?
    Ctipp22

Prefer using the Lotus over the FF2 for flower.....because

Taste falls off quick with the FF2...
    FF2 is sort of a messy experience to use flower with...

Id would rather not have to clean up my rosin reclaim when it is not enough...just to use flower...

Other than that....if out and about...I could use the FF2 pretty stealthy to get medicated if needed.

I think I would rather use my Argo with the bubble stem in this situation instead though.

AND, don't forget to turn down the temp! :gasp:

And I’m about to get a lid hit :love: :yum:
    EconMan

haaaaa yes and the turn down heat deal too......crap I forgot to do that and got a super cloud vortex on the 1st and 2nd hit when first trying the FF2 with flower...lol

Nice lid juice!
  • EconMan
    Taste falls off quick with the FF2...
    FF2 is sort of a messy experience to use flower with...
    Id would rather not have to clean up my rosin reclaim when it is not enough...just to use flower...
    LabPong

It is only messy if you are also dabbing and want to convert AND you're greedy about not disturbing your reclaim. lol :razz:
    I can convert from oil to flower (and vice versa) in less than half a minute -- FF2 is the easiest vape to clean in the world -- HOWEVER if you want to reclaim the oil on the lid, that takes a little time (2mins?) -- a transactions cost nevertheless. I solved that by having two lids. :100: If I have a lid full of reclaim, I can quickly remove the pad, swab the bowl, and load a flower hit, without prematurely harvesting my lid reclaim.

The FF2 -- whether designed this way or not -- is for Taste-Chasers like me who are willing to put extra efforts into the flower inputs and learn some drawing techniques. Other than a traditional dab rig via a "cold start" it is in my view the best device for rosin available -- including all "pens". That its reclaim is so darn beautiful and tasty -- better and improved somehow on that lid -- makes a person not want to soil it with plant matter and reluctant to prematurely harvest it is an amazing accomplishment. 2nd lid to the convenience rescue.

I have not found "taste to fall off". In fact, the remarkable thing about the FF2 is it is so easy to clean there is no reason for the taste to fall off. I mini-clean (5 seconds) every load. Quite the contrary. Vapor wise, for flower, the only negative of the #FF2 for me is it is not really for intensity-chasers. Not saying you can't take an intense hit from it -- I have and do -- rather it is not really a "ripper" like the MV1 or Plenty. If you're in the mood to "rip one", it is really not a first-choice vape.
  • LabPong
    Econ.....maybe my problem with falling taste is from the little time I spent trying flower....maybe it was from not finding the right temp setting for my use and liking. I did take the first draw at concentrate temps...oops But I did pack another bowl after that too...it only seemed slightly better.

But yea....it is messy to transition.....I would almost rather have 2 FF2's for that reason only. lol
  • EconMan

True. I rarely want flower if I have concentrates. Perhaps a sandwich in something if only as an exotic :cool:
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    Its incredible how little shatter i packed in this. I put roughly half of what i would put in a banger, but i feel like i did double the dab. I havent tried it with flower yet, but im really digging the vibe.
    I only ever buy stuff on sale. There are few things i pay full market value for. Dont tell firefly or my wife :zip: but now having used a firefly 2 i would consider buying this at full retail price i am really happy with my purchase thus far. However Serenity and i are still on our honeymoon :hearts: :party:

It might not be everyones cup of tea but i enjoy sipping on it :joke: its effiecent, classy and super tasty!
    I dont think it takes anymore technique then a sticky brick does maybe less, but that could be because the chicken came beofe the egg :chin:
  • EconMan

Welcome to the club. After a while your lid will collect the most amazing reclaim. Somehow, it does something to it. It's tastier, more potent, and crystal clear. Don't use flower in it until you've "claimed" your lid. :yum:

And it is actually designed as a sipper. It is what I meant when I said it is not really a "ripper", but one can take an intense hit... just controlled-long draws. But it is great to take a hit or two, put it back in its cradle, do something, and come right back to it. Not as nice as a fresh hit, but a nice hit nevertheless.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    cup of tea sipping wurd play :joke: i actually really dont mind it. Buddy from work last night was impressed with the amount we used and effects we got. This thing is going to get alot of use. My pineapple express just got here too :love: 8pvtjazi3aqnhxr5.jpg
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    Ive got some reclaim built up on the lid now. I collect reclaim i dont generally use it unless its the only thing to fall back on im such a junkie lol! I actually gave away a full container of reclaim because a buddy at work got in a car accident and didnt have any play money.
    The stuff that i am seeing on the lid though looks so tasty its shiny gold like honey oil! It has to do with the vapour path i think it doesnt get over heated so it doesnt have time to break down into cbn its also a flash heating not a cooking and then it gets cooled down almost immediately by the glass. Can this even be called reclaim i ponder :chin:
  • LabPong
    The stuff that i am seeing on the lid though looks so tasty its shiny gold like honey oil! It has to do with the vapour path i think it doesnt get over heated so it doesnt have time to break down into cbn its also a flash heating not a cooking and then it gets cooled down almost immediately by the glass. Can this even be called reclaim i ponder :chin:Tyedyesamuraiguy

Yup...exactly.....its good stuff. It is like a free couple dabs..haaa
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    bringing the emptys back :halo:
  • EconMan
    Can this even be called reclaim i ponderTyedyesamuraiguy

Yeah, good point. I prefer it. It's become a delicacy.
    I think what happens is the lid acts as a condenser and it gives a little bit of a distillation process on the lid. I don't often even scrape anymore -- I just rub the pad across the oil on the lid. Reinsert, and WHAM! :nerd:

And fyi, I am utterly convinced S&B "liquid pads for dosing capsules" works better than the pads that come with the FF2. They are twice as thick and simply work better for convection purposes.

Another fun FF2 thing. When you're out. I mean out. Totally out. Remember your FF2 with the pad it. I know you think you hit that thing clean yesterday, but you didn't. There is another good hit in it I promise. And perhaps two! Those thick S&B pads just keep giving and giving. I can hit it hard, thinking it is all gone. Let it sit and cool for a while, hit it again, and presto -- another heavy hit. I can get 5-6 great hits on a nice oil load. And with the thicker pads, you can go a little heavier in the loads.
  • LabPong
    Econ....how many loads do you do before cleaning the pads?
  • EconMan

Now I have to ponder metrics :nerd:

With rosin I suppose about every three loads (the thicker S&B dosing capsule pads work sooooo much better and longer). I keep my rosin pads seperate from my oil ones, and the rosin ones I torch clean (let them cool before putting back in). You'll know when. I'm a taste-chaser and after about three loads, to me the plant material (depending on quality of rosin) begins to build up and affect taste -- the largest reason to own a FF2 in the first place. With BHO oil (what I'm using lately), it never gets very dirty so I soak in strong iso about once a week. I bought a bunch of the S&B "liquid pads for dosing capsules" and so I'm well stocked, and when the rosin ones get too narley (can't keep torching them forever :vomit: ), I just toss them now and use a new one.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    i bought a bunch of s&b liquid pads fot my sticky brick.
  • LabPong
    cool......got S&B doz padz....not tried...will have to try soon. :ok:
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    @EconMan @LabPong how much is too much recliam in the lid?
  • LabPong
    EconMan LabPong how much is too much recliam in the lid?Tyedyesamuraiguy

When it gets to the point that you know you will get 3-4 great hits off it...haaaaa That is my gauge.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    sounds about right, ive been thinking about saving it up in a jar but i havent decided yet.
  • EconMan
    When it gets to the point that you know you will get 3-4 great hits off itLabPong

Pretty much. lol
    I guess you could save it, but I like just treating myself. :naughty:
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    what is more of a treat then a pot full of honey :halo:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention