• bejkos
    Hello,

I'm a big fan of vape reviews and really like your professionalism. I'm currently looking to get a new vaporizer so I've read a lot of materials about those and still isn't sure which one is the best for me. Could you guys please help me to make a best pick? I'll write a few words about my personal requirements here. My english isn't top but I'll try to do my best.

So I'm actualy finishing studies and finally starting real life. The prob is that I also like my herbs. I like them a lot, but almost everybody around me (at work/university/parents/friends) totally condemn it. So everything must be super stealthy with the less smell as possible. That's also why I've kicked out the FireFly2 because it's not much stealthy I think. Especialy DaVinci looks grat to me (same as Pax), I think that nobody will reveal what it is used for after seeing it. Second prob is that I need to make a short sessions (just a few draws) at work/home/university same as a long ones during the evenings. From this view it's probably better to choose Crafty which allows you to save the rest of herbs in chamber for later after few draws if I understand it correctly. This is very important for me.

Aso there are probably some problems currently with shipping IQ to Europe. I found some eshops in U.S. with IQ in stock, but it looks like it's completely out of stock in EU. Or do you know about some authorized resellers with IQ in stock? I've tried to make an order via davincivaporizer.com with a free shipping but there is a $57 international tax lol. This is a totaly opposite situlation then with Crafty to me, because it's "made" in Germany which is bordering country with Czech republic, so it's easy for me to buy it on ebay.de for around €250 with 2 year warranty and I presume that it will be easier to claim a warranty in case of problems then send it from EU to U.S. I've also read many bad reviews from users about DaVinci's support a how they hide behind, about devices too warm to even touch or whole units not working or going crazy after few days. But there are also many bad reviews about Crafty's batteries and S&B support. It looks like the battery problem people often solve with buying Mighty instead of Crafty, but Mighty seems too big for my needs.

I also went completely through reviews about Flowermate Swift Pro and Boudless CFX (there was a lot of great reviews about Boundless support), but they both require the herb stirring after few draws (according to reviews I watched) which sounds impossible to me. So now I'm thinking about Pax 2 or 3 again which kicks me back to the start :D

I think I'm really lost and need your help guys, many thanks for taking the time to read my text, will appreciate all your thoughts!!! Have a nice day and enjoy your herbs.
  • vape L
    Have you checked out the Alternate from Vivant,if not you should take a look. Seems like for $130 you can have what lots of people say an improvement to the Crafty. It's convection I believe, has a replaceable battery and looks pretty similar in form. I own an IQ and really love it but I can't recommend it. I originally purchased a faulty unit and less than a week ago received a brand new unit that doesn't have any of the problems that people complaint about. Seems like Davinci has addressed a lot of the flaws from the first production, only problem is you don't know if the unit u get is from earlier. If you have your heart set on the IQ I'd say just wait another month. There was a little momentum going with the CS picking up but it seems that it's slowed down again unfortunately. Anyway choose wisely, there's a real possibility you'll need warranty service at some point so buy from a company that offers quality service. Best of luck to you.
  • Joey
    Don't know about the IQ, don't know about the knockoff Vivant variant..But .I DO know about the Crafty and I strongly recommend it. It's been at the top of the vape chain for a while now.
    My 2 cents.
  • bejkos
    Thanks for your personal experience guys! Crafty seems to be a great choice but I'm still in doubt because of it´s built-in and small battery. I mean 30 minutes is not much for a whole day espacially when the heat time take almost 1 minute. And if you've to carry a powerbank with it it's not portable anymore :(
    I wonder they haven't made some Crafty 2 version with replaceable battery. Also 2 year warranty isn't much compared with 10 years guaranteed by DaVinci or Pax...
  • Bruce
    Very interested in the Alternate, I just would like to see a full review. Less expensive is sometimes better and sometimes not, I await a review and comparisons. If it is a really awesome vape, I think S & B could lower its price tags to meet the competition. I am a dreamer!

I know I shouldn't , but the $130 price tag will be too tempting for me to resist if indeed this unit checks out good on the reviews, The features are already better than the Crafty. Is that just bells and whistles?

I didnt like how the Mighty and Crafty felt in my hand. I felt like I was holding a small plastic radiator. How does the Alternate feel? What is the outer shell made of? What is the oven made of?
  • vape L
    Sorry Bruce I don't own this unit, it's just something I've been following on fuckcombustion forum. It seems like something that I would like so I've been monitoring the thr ad on what owners have to say. Seems like a very reasonably priced item if it delivers all its promised features dependably.
  • Bruce
    I am a firm believer that price tells a lot but not everything. I enjoy my $90 Flowermate, Arizer Solo $159, Arizer Air $189, MFLB $120 all Critically acclaimed by the one and only (Ladies and Gentlemen) The Vape Critic INC. I would take the Flowermate over many vapes that are highly ranked.

I am hoping that the Alternate can be one of those vapes where its 3 times better than its price. The features and feedback have caught my greedy attention. A poor man's Crafty would be pretty cool.
  • Chaotix
    S&B is up to something... if you call their headquarters and ask them about a new vape your call will turn into an experience leaving you thinking you just talked to a robot telling you it's not allowed to say ;-)
  • bejkos
    @Chaotix Hm they're just waiting until I'll buy my first device and then they will release a brand new one with replaceable battery and improved functions :D There are also some sales on Crafty and Mighty in EU. Not on their official site but there are verified vendors on ebay.uk offering Crafty for around $235 and Mighty around $270, which isn't that bad I think. It's actualy cheaper then Pax or IQ.

@Bruce I look forward for some reviews about Alternate, those I've already watched or read were not much proffessional...
  • VapeCritic
    but there are verified vendors on ebay.uk offering Crafty for around $235 and Mighty around $270bejkos

Be very very careful, I'm almost certain that authorized resellers actually pay more than those amounts as their cost for the genuine product from S&B, so I doubt they'd be selling them at a loss (there are fakes out there)
  • bejkos
    Hi, I've been thinking about the same and ordered my Crafty from the larger vapo shop in my country for $280 just a few minutes ago so I hope it won't be a fake one, It should arrive in 12h 8-) Thank you very very much guys for helping me! Btw is here some way how to verify my device via the mobile app after connecting it? Just to be sure about it's origin.
  • Bruce
    I agree with the Vape Critic. If it's too good to be true then it usually is. It's like being sold a fake Rolex for $100 bucks.

To my fellow Vape Brothers, don't buy anything that is not from the manufacturers, I know of Vape World to be good (I am sure there are others) or the Vape Critics links on his reviews.

I would even tell you that an owner of a Smoke Shop told me they get fakes too. The fakes are often sold to the distributors who are duped and then the store doesn't know the difference (they should, I do!) You will never get your money back from any vape shop if you open the item, and if you use it forget it your stuck.

The danger in the fakes is also these are precision heating devices. If it's a fake, I would more be concerned because they are unregulated and maybe are health traps or fire traps.

Google: for example - The Mighty, Fake and you will see pages of stuff, go to images it also will show you how good the fakes are on the outside.

Don't Get Vaped, buy from the Vape Critics reviews (links), the manufacturer or vape world.
  • bejkos
    So I've just watched some tutorials on YT about how to recognize a fake S&B devices and I'm pretty sure I've the original one! And it's a great vape I must say. It definitely worth every € I spent on it. Vapor is great, especially taste is great, it really is almost the same as Volcano and whole device perfectly fits into my hands. Just the battery life... Everyone knows

Thanks again for your help guys! I'm just going out with my new German friend and packet full of wonderful herbs ;)
  • Moe
    Try emailing S&B your serial number to verify your crafty just to be 100 percent sure
  • Bruce
    The latest I heard was that some of the fakes have authentic outsides but are gutted on the inside. They somehow got the outsides from the factory. I also heard that the Craigslist scams on vapes, these losers are taking out the guts of real ones and switching them out and selling the parts, while selling the outsides.
  • bejkos
    @Moe Do you really think I should contact them and ask if it´s a real one or not? I just can´t imagine how good would the real be if this is a fake one.

I bet thare must be someone (maybe you or @Bruce or @VapeCritic) who recognizes if it's the original one from attached photos bellow.

kf78jht8pwgs0hhn.jpg
    pjzli00rlwlp3j7o.jpg
    ofkdippvkt3356qa.jpg
    obhapsapwqe01tcj.jpg
    t24umfgkdg3i7yel.jpg
  • Mangavideo
    A close-up of the open box shot would be more telling as would a close-up side shot on the unit itself, top shot on the cooling unit, and the screen color when on.

The O-Rings look legit, the quality seal is the right shade of orange, Card Stock and Shadow font on the box looks right, manuals look good, but I on mine that I got directly from Storz-Bickel, the Serail# on the Box is on the Right and the Voltage box is on the left. Yours are opposite. But maybe SB changed it at some point.

That may be why SB charges so much for their replacement parts and accessories. It makes it so it would not be cost-effective to buy OEM parts to disguise a clone.

I predict that it is legit.
  • Bruce
    Looks legit. You should 100% call S & B to confirm. They like it because they dont want any fakes and you will have peace of mind.
  • VapeCritic
    The vape looks pretty fuckin genuine, BUT the serial number does not, and the side of the box looks different than mine. Unless they changed something Crafty serial #'s are actual numbers (not just letters) like these:

5z8cvu2halp9aoqs.jpg
  • VapeCritic
    My boxes also don't have that "Free shipping worldwide!" logo anywhere on them
  • VapeCritic
    I'm very concerned
  • Bruce
    I didnt notice that. Call S & B.
  • Mangavideo
    This one is a 230V International version. Might SB box and serial their UK versions different than US versions or returned refurbs?
  • Bruce
    One sure way call S & B and know right away.

78532 Tuttlingen, Germany
    Tel: +49-7461-969707-0
    Fax: +49-7461-969707-7

www.storz-bickel.com

Kommanditgesellschaft, Sitz Tuttlingen
    Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRA 451029
    Geschäftsführer: Markus Storz, Jürgen Bickel
  • Baron23
    My Mighty, bought just a month or so ago (?) has both alphabetic and numerical characters in the serial number. Mine is a 110V unit and the side sticker has the voltage on the left and the serial number on the right. However, the OPs is a 220V model so the label may be different (don't know...any EU Mighty/Crafty owners still have your box?

I also don't have "Free World Wide Shipping" on my box and on my box the QR code is on the opposite side from the serial number and instead of "Free...etc" its has a round S&B logo type thing that says 2 year warranty.

The OP's oven sure looks like the real thing to me and pics I have seen of fakes, its most apparent in the oven. The plastic/ceramic/whatever its made of ring in the oven above the metal part has that ivory kind of tint and looks like mine but maybe the fakes have gotten better.

For the OPs peace of mind, I agree....send the serial number to S&B and ask for confirmation....just to sleep better at night cause this unit looks solid from external appearance...to me, at least.
  • VapeCritic
    Ok cool I'm glad they're different!!
  • Bruce
    The BEST thing to do after you buy is to call the S and B. I did this for the Volcano, Plenty and Mighty. I had peace of mind. The S and B vapes are awesome and thats what you pay for. In my opinion you should be getting the feeling of a good reliable investment (not the Crafty), authenticity (you should feel like a king with the kings of vaporizers). Worrying about a fake takes away from the entire experience you invested in. Thats why I say call S and B, the thought of a fake will not cross your mind for that unit.

If your buying in the shop I would call right from there (before you open the box). Bec. like I mentioned. The distributors can also be thieves and sell to stores who MAY not know the difference. The places I have been to they would never know the difference. I have been told by a store owner he was threatened by a customer to go to the Better Business Bureau. That's good because the store owners that are local here don't care one way or the other, otherwise they would confirm.

A good idea is the Vape Critics links in his review. If you call to confirm authenticity with S and B before you open the box, you can get your money back (I know Vape World and Buds links do this). Don't break the seal and the Serial Number is on the box.
  • Davinci Vaporizer
    Hey man!

If you have any questions regarding the IQ please just let me know!
  • bejkos
    Ok guys I'll try to call S&B support now, it's Monday 9.00 AM in Europe so they should pick it up I hope. I'll make some more detailed photos a place it here. Btw have you noticed that EU pricelist brochure? It's valid from 11/2016, maybe they made some new season package facelift. And I also think that the side of the sticker depends on current voltage in your country (US and UK versions on the opposite site then the rest of EU). I'll inform you about all updates here.
  • bejkos
    * omg I meant Friday of course, not Monday :D

Some pleasant young lady picked up the phone and told me she can't find my SN, but it could be also caused by my poor English. So she asked me if I could send my SN via email and I'm just waiting on their response now...
  • bejkos
    And here it is (that was really fast btw, their support works great):

Dear Jiri,
    Thank you for your email!
    Please understand, that we can only guarantee for devices, which leave our warehouse.
    However, based on your serial number and the image, we assume that you have received a genuine device.
    We hope this information is of assistance for you.
    Best regards,
    Verkauf / Sales

So everything's OK! :) Thanks again guys, I'll post those pictures later.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment