• Mangavideo
    2nd time poster but long time monitor of the site.

I'm on a Grinder kick and am looking at getting my first finishing grinder.

Love the Wood enclosure of the MFLB, but that Titanium Gunmetal of the NVFG is damn sexy.

Since they are aesthetically equal in different ways, it will come down to performance.

It would be a supplemental grinder to the GR8TR, and in preparation for a Plenty, a MIghty and a Volcano, as well as Roll-Ups.

Anyone A/B the two of them?
  • Baron23
    Nope, sorry.....don't have the MFLB grinder but do have the New Vape Fine grinder as well as their coarse grinder.

The NV fine grinder is a true piece of craft and you will not regret the $50 for buying it. LOVE the NV Fine grinder.
  • Cl4ud3
    The newvape ones are quite large yes ? If so that will be one A/B aspect as the MFLB fine grinder is tiny.

(too tiny for some people)
  • Mangavideo
    Yeah, I'm gravitating towards the NV because I trust it's construction and it seems like the larger diameter would be easier to use, whereas the MFLB could get Carpel Tunnelish and fiddley.

And yes . . .$50 . .. you nailed exactly the NV I have on my eBay Watchlist.
  • Baron23
    Yeah, its pretty good size. Not a little diameter but when trying to grind fine, the larger diameter gives you better mechanical advantage in turning it.
  • Mangavideo
    Awesome, thanks all. I'm gonna grab it directly from the newvape site.
  • Bruce
    be careful on the eBay watch list. google --- fake vapes, and many of the fakes are linked to ebay. I do a google on fake... whatever it is I buy, headphones (tons of fakes) etc.. Just sharing what I do, although the links on the vape critics reviews is a safe way to make sure you're not getting a fake.

I will use Craigslist and if I see something I like, I google it and know the differences ahead of time that helps a lot, but nothing is as genuine as from the vape critics reviews and buying new.
  • Dadan
    I own both grinders, I love both grinders.....NewVape's Fine Grinder is the most beautiful grinder I have owned ever.... but no one grind fine like the Magic Flight's one...it transform your herb in powder...if you use a conduction vape nothing is better of the magic flight one...so first I use the Newvape one, than the Magic FLight grinder...green powder result...
  • emiktow
    I have been weighing this same question lately. The NV unit looks mighty sexy, but the mechanics of how it does the finishing grind appears to be similar to most other grinders like the Space Case, et al. I've been using the MFLB finishing grinder for over year, and it is still performing very well with it's "microplane"-like grinding mechanism.

I admit the volume you can do at one time is not super convenient, but as Dadan stated above, I would be surprised if the NVFG can produce as fine a grind as the MFLB, which looks like cornmeal-sized specks.

Just to add to the conversation here, while the wooden body of the MFLB grinder is nice, I find the housing to be very difficult to clean. You end up with a lot of fine grind in the little groove space under the grinding screen. It's nothing a small brush or stir stick you'd already have in your home kit can't deal with, but just a minor annoyance.

The round shape on the underside of the MFLB is designed to fit and allow you to grind directly into the MFLB chamber, but as I use it with a PAX 2, I'm often wishing for a larger capacity and easier to clean alternative....but performance...anyone have a pic of their fine grind from the NV?

Mangavideo - how are you liking the NV?
  • Bruce
    When I bought my MFLB, I was a beginer. And looked at the finishing grinder chucked it bought another grinder. now I hear about that grinder wish I had it back lol.

I am outta here like a hurricane in a trailer park.
  • gzomb
    This post made me think of making a grinder lid with an embedded screw-head, (phillips, or that square one I'm too lazy to look up), (ok, 30 seconds later - it's a called a robertson head), so that you can use one of those tiny cordless drills to grind your stuff up, because I haven't made enough bad decisions lately.

qsxn5q7b3yt2926w.png
  • emiktow
    this is amazing! Pretty much exactly what I've ben looking for. Thanks!!

If only they made the funnel metal :-|
  • MAbud
    @Baron23 just took delivery of my New Vape fine grinder today. Build quality and action on it are amazing. I can’t wait to test it out today or tomorrow
  • MAbud
    The wooshing noise will grinding might take a second to get used to, but that’s a mighty good grind!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment