• RayHaywood
    there are many guy told me that smoking may not the right choice of release the stress, so I wanna quit, is there anybody can tell me how to quit?
  • legbuh
    I smoked for over 30 years... at the most a pack a day. So not "that" bad, but bad.

I've tried every way possible, but the only way that worked was cold turkey, and getting rid of every smoke, ashtray, lighter, etc in the house. No saving one "just in case". Just get rid of them.

The first 3 days are the worst, that's true. But it did get easier. I was lucky (I guess) that I chose to quit after getting the flu. I was in bed sick and puking/etc for a week. Normally when I have a cold I smoked right through it, but this was so bad I couldn't even get up. This was the real "flu".

That's why I decided that would be the time to quit. I already had 5 days no smokes (lying in bed sick). Once I got enough strength to get out of bed, I threw everything in the trash (and it was HARD!... I bargained with myself to just save one pack, or many just 1 or 2 smokes, but eventually threw it all away).

The next morning when I heard the garbage truck go by it was like a burden lifted from me. I didn't have any smokes, and it felt good.

My mouth does still water when I smell someone smoking though.

Good luck.
  • Baron23
    Chantix....and sign up for a smoking cessation clinic, if you like, for support. Get off of them NOW.
  • mrluther
    /r/electronic_cigarette.......check out this sub reddit.....it helped me alot :)
  • Hitz
    Right there with you. It's been almost 2 months since I bought a pack of cigarettes/eliquid, the cravings are gone but if I see or smell someone smoking my mouth waters for a min and then I'm good.

Congrats for kicking the habit sir (Y)
  • Baron23
    I have cardiac disease and after my first MI 8...almost 9...years ago....I had to quit, no other choice than die rather sooner than later.

The most difficult time was when I had a drink. So, I went to MJ and stayed away from drink for a while.

The booze seemed to increase my desire for a cig while lowering my inhibition and clouding my judgement....those cigs looked good, but its all illusion and lies.

I never thought I would get off of them but the Chantix, when taken EXACTLY as directed, really worked. First thing that did in my experience.
  • legbuh
    I had a horrible experience with chantix/Wellbutrin. Made me sick and ANGRY. I told a sheriff to f off when I got pulled over. Another truck passed me and the cop pulled me over thinking it was me. Lol. My wife was like.. You do realize you just told that sheriff to f off right lol
  • Hitz
    :-O ..... >:O
  • Baron23
    When you write 'Chantix/wellbutrin', are you saying that you believe these to be the same drug?

If so, they absolutely are not and are not even closely related. Wellbutrin is a bi-cyclic anti-depressant and was used for a bit as a smoking cessation drug. Didn't do crap for me, though.

Chantix is entirely different and is only a smoking cessation drug and I personally found it to be very effective.

Just not sure what you were saying there.
  • legbuh
    At the time (over 10 years ago) a friend told me his doc gave him Welbutrin instead of Chantix because they worked the same way (or so they thought) and Welbutrin was covered by insurance and Chantix wasn't. My doc echoed that.

It may have been something besides Chantix and I'm remembering wrong, but I remember my doc saying "Your insurance will easily cover Welbutrin, but maybe not this othther drug".

Zyban maybe?

http://www.webmd.com/smoking-cessation/bupropion-hydrochloride-zyban-for-quitting-smoking
  • Baron23
    Yeah, Welbutrin and Zyban are chemically the exact same drug, Bupropion Hcl. Welbutrin is covered by insurance as an antidepressant. You would think they would cover Zyban also as smoking cessation is financially beneficial to them, but go figure.

Chantix is an entirely different drug, Varenicline. I was sure I would die with a cigarette in my mouth. I never thought I could quit. On the way to the Dr.'s with my first heart attack I smoked the whole way there because I was sure it was my heart and I knew that they would make me quit. How f'ing crazy is that addiction. sigh

But, off them now for quit some time but when I have a drink I sometimes want one....but one is too many and an thousand is never enough.
  • Hitz
    ....but one is too many and an thousand is never enough.Baron23

Preach! It's crazy how innocent having just one cigarette appears but in reality it's so true you never get off the hook just having one, that's why it took me so many attempts to quit!
  • Bruce
    I don't care if anyone is offended if you are mean to smokers I say F**K You. PERIOD.

To me, this is as serious a conversation that there can be.

If I know anything about anything and maybe I am exuberant about somethings. I can only say If you're a smoker, PLEASE ask your doctor about Chantix.[/b] I know it is good. The HEAD PULMONARY Doctor of a renown hospital said to me, "You have done very well with Chantix, I have been prescribing it and so have many doctors, there are no real side effects (I disagree). It is now covered by almost every insurance plan (and it cost them $325 for a 2 week supply) (That is until the generic comes out and then magically it will probably be a quarter of the price). Health Insurance companies aren't high-risk investors. They invest in something that will work and will save money in the long term.

Read Carefully the differences between Wellbutrin and Chantix. If it seems like I am acting like I know a lot about this I do. I can write a nice piece from first hand experience.

Chantix is NOW, considered a miracle pill in the medical field. I have been told this by several physicians.

I felt helpless in trying to quit. I would pray why can't there be a magic pill. Low and behold and I can't believe it there is a miracle pill. I have no idea how it does it but I just stopped smoking. It is as if it hit its target. Amazing. Thank You, G-d.

Wellbutrin is like a huge net, it works on anxiety, depression, chemical imbalances. While it is working on these conditions it also happens to have been successful in helping smoking withdrawal. I tried Wellbutrin but the side effects were VERY wild, and it helped only a little with smoking cessation. I was like a zombie and threw it away. EVERYBODY is different I wouldn't be surprised if this was the miracle drug for others (I hope so). I have heard mix results and can speak from my own experience.

Chantix is a guided precise missle directed at the part of the brain that works on smoking cessation. It gave me a chance, it took off the edge and I felt like I had a smoked already which is weird but together with the same hundreds if not thousand of efforts I gave to quitting it actually materialized I quit smoking. I hope to stay that way. I smell it and am tempted all the time. Let's stick together and pray, this is one of the worst things on this green earth. Period. I lost thousands of dollars, my reputation, I was discriminated against, humiliated, I lied to myself a million times....SOUNDS LIKE HEROIN doesn't it. It's right up there with Heroine in terms of being the most addictive substances.

If it seems like I know something about this I do. I have researched, lived it and know about quitting smoking.

I can speak for myself, I am nice to smokers. They need it they are going through hell and a half. I also would like to say to smokers. You deserve a hug. I know the hell you go through. People who smoked I found act snobby to smokers. I know what you're going through and it's hell just being a smoker. Quitting is important and it can be done especially with all of the breakthroughs. But if you're struggling to remember this is one of the worst substances on earth and your only human. Those who discriminate against smokers are assholes and small minded. I dont care if anyone is offended if you are mean to smokers I say F**K You. PERIOD.
  • jnick
    for me vaping E-juice worked the best, especially tobacco or cigar flavored juices. i smoked and vaped more pot than usual during the process seemed to keep my mind occupied and off of cigs.... I also bought myself something nice like a reward after a couple weeks with the money saved... Not a huge fan of taking pills if it can be avoided, i didn't do chantix specificallly because you could smoke and take it, i wanted to quit right away, didn't use nicoret (gum/patch) because i no people who quit smoking using it but still "patch" years later.... good luck with your quest to give up the ciggs.....
  • RayHaywood
    can vape herb be a good replacements?somebody suggest me try it:-}
  • RayHaywood
    I haven't smoked a cigarette for 6 hour, I can help myself to think about it, omg, I wanna smoke.:’(
  • RayHaywood
    but i have to go to school:-O
  • RayHaywood
    so awesome, you guys, (Y)
  • RayHaywood
    yeah, quit smoking is really hard
  • Bruce
    Vaping herb is an incredible way of quitting. Oral fixation etc.. If you are feeling the effects of the buds then you can't drive to get cigs. That was what I did. I hated myself but it helped a lot.
  • nickbashans
    I can agree. I had a rough go on chantix.

Chantix a drug that needs to be handled carefully if you start it. I suggest you go with your physicians suggestions. But even they are just guessing at best. Every physician I have talked to gives out a anti depressant with chantix. Makes me think its not such a miracle drug. Also all those physicians that recommend it get paid for the more people the get to take it. Our Pharmaceutical program is the most crooked scum sucking scam in our country.(STAY ON TARGET)Sorry bout the rant.
    My dad was a smoker for 40 years and quit no problem on chantix, but when I tried Chantix I got severe migraines and extremely depressed, even while on anti depressant that they prescribed with it.

Now I am not knocking anyone's story. I think if it helped you like it helped my dad then great! and You should be commended for making the choice to quit, because it is the hardest addictions I have had to break. All I can say is it is not for everyone, and do your own research on anything your going to put in your body, especially Pharmaceuticals.

I am 6 months off icky sticks. It took a Sub Ohm Vape to do it.

yeah, quit smoking is really hard. I wish you best of luck. Check out indoorsmokers on youtube.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCShPX44-EC3HtvKohu3Ws4A

It has helped me listening to some of his stories. And gives good reviews of ecigs and sub ohm products.
  • Bruce
    Awesome Rant. For me Chanitix is a miracle drug. I went through the side effects it sucks, but it was worth it because I at least had quit smoking. Its an avenue that's for sure, every avenue is a big thing,

I agree with you Nick, System doesn't work. It could be a lot worse. I have lived abroad and we have it made in the shade. Long lists of doctors, many things not covered.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment