• NKN
    I just picked up an IQ from the mostly positive feedback I've been seeing about it. I have zero experience with these devices. I believe I packed it appropriately. Firm and full. When taking a few pulls 30 seconds to min or so apart I'm not getting any visible vapor. I know it's working somewhat as I was able to get a very subtle buzz, but no where near what this particular herb renders from a traditional bowl. At any rate just thought I'd reach out to see if I'm doing something dumb or if this is typical?

Thanks
  • jnick
    couple things to check....... A fine grind makes a difference and make sure your filling so that zero white of the oven is showing, unscrew and lower your pearl just a bit so it sinks further into the oven. Also not sure what temp your using but i get the most vapor when used above 370 degrees . there is also a Davinci rep that participates in our forum you can DM them if problems continue...
  • Bruce
    Temperature is a big factor. 350 degrees to 430 degrees. 350 low vape clouds but longer session same effect. I tried a joint along the way. It was like I was not smoking at all. Vaporizing buds is MUCH more powerful. It was like an ultra light vape session at best. I have done a bowl along with the way. I couldn't feel the effects because I am used to a vaporizer.

Since your used to a bowl which can be pretty harsh. I recommend starting at 385 (middle ground) the clouds should be coming very steadily and extremely potent. If you want to outproduce clouds of a bowl, bring that baby up to 420 - 430 degrees. You will be stoned beyond recognition. 420 - 430 - is combusting but on the lower level of that. As far as clouds, dont do it outside unless you like rain :)

Let me know. I hope I can help, my Davinci has been used hundreds of times, if it breaks its covered for 10 years! I hope it doesn't but its very good to know. I can do a very long list of exceptional features with very few negatives.

Peace Out Bro,

Lets Make America Vape Again!
  • Baron23
    You will be stoned beyond recognition. 420 - 430 - is combusting but on the lower level of that.Bruce

HI Bruce - did you really see combustion at 430 on the IQ? Just curious as this is just a bit on the low side for combustion.

I did not get great clouds of vapor with the IQ I had on loan for a couple of days but have to mark this up to my not doing something right because vapor quality and density seems almost universally acclaimed with this vape.

I dunno, mate.
  • jnick
    I've never had combustion even at 430 for an entire session, maybe dryer herb would cum-bust??
  • Cl4ud3
    I don't even get combustion at 446 on the CFV, and through a 15" water pipe the AVB comes out black.
  • NKN
    Hey guys,

Update: As I figured I was doing something dumb. I realized it first thing when i woke up the next morning. I had packed the flavor chamber.

Thanks again for your replies.

4pMX5rJ4PYAEM.gif
  • Hitz

oggv0o9pk8wmlg68.jpg
    Lol, thanks for sharing :D (Y) ! I hope you're getting better results now, when you get a chance report back how things are going ;)
  • Bruce
    It tastes burnt, the vapor seems a bit thicker, anything above 420... its good, its on the low end of combustion. I might be mistaken.
  • Baron23
    Well, that will probably do it. Don't feel bad, first night I had my EVO and HT, I forgot to put the cap back on the ELB and immediately filled my HT will bits of bud (yes, I was baked at the time).

We all do silly or forgetful things.

Glad you found an answer to your problem.
  • To the Cloud
    the digital display on my IQ went off ( only it's second use out of the box with a full charge) and didn't come back on. I thought the thing was broken , but it ended up getting hot as hell, my herb actually combusted and smelled terrible. Once i realized it was still on and climbing in temp ( it wasn't connecting with the app) I took out the battery. Had to let it cool down and put the battery back in and resynced the device. It was like the damn thing turned into a runaway vape. This happen to anyone else ?
  • Hitz
    the digital display on my IQ went off ( only it's second use out of the box with a full charge) and didn't come back on. I thought the thing was broken , but it ended up getting hot as hell, my herb actually combusted and smelled terrible. Once i realized it was still on and climbing in temp ( it wasn't connecting with the app) I took out the battery. Had to let it cool down and put the battery back in and resynced the device. It was like the damn thing turned into a runaway vape. This happen to anyone else ?To the Cloud

Hopefully @Davinci Vaporizer can provide some more information ;) and assistance
  • VapeCritic
    oh snap!! haven't heard of this happening so hopefully isolated issue, the vape does have the boost mode that will keep increasing the temp so maybe it got stuck in boost mode somehow? pretty crazy though
  • Bruce
    That doesnt sound good. Check to make sure the battery door is closed. It can be tricky. make sure you got juice in the battery otherwise, sounds like a matter for Davinci Customer care.
  • Davinci Vaporizer

Hey man that sounds pretty crazy. Have you had any issues since?
  • To the Cloud
    Only issues since have been the unit shutting off on me before the 10 minute time limit, looked like it was due to battery, but the battery had plenty of charge. Think I may need to check out another battery. Also am getting a weird buzzing noise. Is anyone else getting a noise like this ?
  • vape L
    buzzing is normal
  • Baron23
    I can't really hear what you are referring to in your videos (F-4's, Harleys, shotguns...I'm half deaf LOL) but many vapes do this and its a result of the Pulse Width Modulation technique used to control heater temp (also sometimes referred to variable duty cycle). Basically it turns the heaters power on/off rapidly at various proportions for various temps. The integration of the 'on" periods over the total time gives you the resulting desired power.

Cheers
  • Hitz
    Man that does sound pretty loud, my CFX makes some buzzing but only if I really listen up close. Is it really that audible in a quiet setting?
  • SteveBNY
    Damn I want to pick one up but that noise would annoyt the shit out of me haha
  • Bruce
    If your new to vaping welcome aboard, mate.

The buzzing is a vibration tells u that it is ready.

I would strongly recommend, watching the Vape Critic reviews he shows how it works. The tutorial on DaVinci site is good. YouTube lots of videos.

Vape well, Bros and hoe`s
  • Baron23
    I don't think he was talking about the hepatic indicator (vibrator).

I 'think' he's talking about a very low level buzz that a number of modern digital vapes make from their PWM heater control circuit, but I may be wrong.
  • Bruce
    I stand corrected
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube