• Baron23
    @VapeCritic - do you have a review of the MiniVap? If you have a MiniVap review, I can't seem to find it on the site or via Google search.

Any thoughts on this device. I know one fella who just swears by it and it seems that its high quality construction with sufficient ease of use for medical patients.

Its portable with the battery but I would say its size makes that transportable vice portable.

It is a bit of money, but it ain't plastic and it ain't made in China.

Ever use one? Any thoughts about reviewing it.
  • jnick
    looks really nice very sport bottle like.... i did not see specifically if it was conduction or convection, but it sounded like convection from the description of air flow... your right pretty expensive(475), i'm not a rich man but if it is as good as the description says i would be interested. its described as " no expense spared in production" and "as good as a Volcano"....
    I do think the vapor production of a Volcano is the best, i just am not a fan of the noise it creates while producing or a fan of the size of unit or the size of full bags, just kinda clunky for me... If its the real deal it would be game changer for me..
    Have you ever used it? are you seeing it for a different price??
  • Baron23
    I have never used one but somebody I know fairly well on another board absolutely loves it.

I really haven't shopped the price around.

I believe that it and the Volcano are pretty much the only two vapes that have been qualified (by somebody or other) as medical devices due to ease of use and materials used.

I would love Bud to review it and see what he thinks.
  • Jen
    I'd be interested in seeing this review as well!
  • Bruce
    Wow, pretty incredible. Can The Cape Critic make sense of this?

I am going to make like an egg and beat it, Vape Well My friends.
  • Bud
    I haven't used one yet!

I've been asked about it a few times but it kept getting pushed down my priorities list, maybe I should reconsider getting one of those soon :-$
  • Baron23
    Yeah, man. Its only money! haha

I don't think they are cheap but wow, the people who like them seem to think they are outstanding and are pretty loyal supporters. Makes me wonder if they really have the magic sauce.
  • Magicman
    These idiots are out of their minds on the cost for this obnoxiously not portable unit
  • Jen
    Yeah, I wonder why it's so dang expensive! I want a desktop unit, but I haven't heard much about how this compares to say... the Evo. Hoping for a review soon to see if it lives up to its high price tag.
  • Bruce
    Jen, If I were buying a desktop unit. I would get the same one I bought 5 years ago. The Arizer Extreme Q. Its pure convection. Borsilic glass and stainless steal heating source, Lots of yummy glass. You can use it as a whip (Desktop), balloon style and the Aromatizer. Check it out on The Vape Critics Review.

https://www.vapecritic.com/extreme-q/

Lots to choose from

I am out of here faster a Kardashian at a photo shoot.
  • Jen

Thanks for the insight! Have you tried the Cloud Evo? Curious as to the differences between that one and the Extreme Q.

EDIT: Just realized I may be hijacking the thread, all apologies!
  • Baron23
    Its ok, Jen. We are rather lightly moderated and are easy about stuff like staying on topic (cause we generally can't remember WTF the topic was! LOL).

I have never used an Extreme Q so I have no input on it. I do own an EVO and it really is the hardest hitting dry herb vape I have, I believe. Unless you wanted to get into a semi-science experiment like the Sublimator or the Herborizer Ti (not to be confused with the Herbilizer), the EVO is as close to a bong hit as I have found in a full convection vape.

Cheers
  • Jen

Thank you! It seems we have similar tastes in our vapes, we have many of the same ones. I have been wanting to ask you about your Evo, just haven't found an opportunity. I currently have the SB Jr, Maxx, Mighty, FF2, and my Omnivap arrives Thurs. My next purchase should be a desktop unit, and I've had my eye on the Evo for awhile now. But then people start talking about the Minivap and I'm confused (again? more like still!)

And then SB goes and announces a special edition OG and it is beautiful........ DAMNATION!
  • Baron23
    HI Jen - I do have a Mighty and love that very much. I don't have an FF2 and don't think that's a fit for me, personally. I do have a Dyna VapCap OG (well, a couple of them) and a Ti Woody and love the OGs to death.

By the by, when you wrote
    And then SB goes and announces a special edition OG and it is beautiful.Jen

Did you mean DynaVap cause I'm not aware of S&B releasing anything new (but would love it if they did).

I only asked about the minivap because I do know a few die hard fans who really, really love it. Its a bit pricey (IMO) and seems a bit more of a niche product than wide spread. I really would like to know Bud's view of it (but he hasn't reviewed it yet) but I don't need any outside input to wholeheartedly recommend an EVO with a Hydratube. Just a great functioning product, IMO.

Cheers
  • Jen

Sorry for the confusion, I meant Sticky Brick Labs announcing an "exotic brick"
    zC4qyHT.jpg
  • Baron23
    Ah!! Sorry, I see SB and I think S&B! LOL Nice looking tiger stripe maple, yeah!

@Sue, who frequents this board, just got a SB OG and has been working at becoming one with it but I'm not sure she is there yet. Perhaps if she sees this tag, she will join in and you can perhaps offer her some pointers/tips?

I would love to hear more about the SB OG and how people find it as it is interesting to me and it would be my kind of vape if it operates pretty consistently. I do HATE combusting, however. heers
  • Bruce
    I haven't used the EVO. Baron is usually right on target. If he says as closest to a bong hit than thats quite the unit and I would consider it if I were you.

On the IQ side, the desktop style is much stronger, tastes purer, more adjustable, made of glass and metal, THAN The Plenty (Storz and Bickel's Desktop).

I did check out the EVO on the critic's page, and that is one bad ass looking vape!

I would love to try the EVO. A desktop vape better than the Extreme Q, would be incredible to try.

Check out the Vape Critics links - click below on the EVO and Extreme Q.

Your in the very exciting time of purchase and getting a brand new vape, any help the Bruddahs and Sistahs of Vape Life are always here, including the Vaped One, The Vape Critic.

Vape Critics Review of EVO Vape Exhale $319 before glass parts)

Vape Critic's review on the Extreme Q ($159 - fully loaded and ready to go)

Vape Well,

Never trust a dog to watch your munchies
  • Dr green thumb
    I am amazed that these vapes are unchanged after two + years. It really goes to show how slowly they are releasing new vapes.

I would really like to see an evo 2 that has better heat dissipation and or insulation.

Bud never did a review of the Minivap that I could find. At $289.99 and up and convection i am surprised.

@VapeCritic
  • Baron23
    not sure he ever got it to work correctly.

I believe he was lent one and tried to use it on an LS once, but had issues with how to use it if I remeber correctly.
  • Pablopicasso
    Ever use one? Any thoughts about reviewing it.
    I have one minivap quick core with decarb kit,also have volcano,plenty, mighty, solo 2,ghost MV1,extrime q,grassopher as, Milana,Apollo by Venus,dynavap m with ti tip.
    I can make any comparison between all and answer any questions.
    Short answer is that minivap used well is a cloud machine with amazing flavor, probably it's just my personal opinion but there isn't anything capable of medicate me well like the minivap....just amazing.
  • Pud

How would you compare bowl size to MV1?
    I’m hoping it’s more like 1.5-2 rather than 1.0. I do like the flavor and smoothness of the Ghost MV1 but I think I want a little more load size than a microdoser.
  • Pud
    If you get a minivap with the battery option, can you still disconnect the unit from the battery and then plug the minivap directly into the wall and use? Thanks
  • Pablopicasso
    Pud

Depends
    Minivap have different basket options:you can go from 0.1 to 0.3 or just using it directly without baskets 0.3.
    Minivap compared to ghost is different and in my opinion better:abv lighter color but uniform than ghost, minivap is far less portable than ghost but give you options of attach to ac wall adapter like desktop vape or battery that last more o less 2 hours,ghost is far faster to be ready to vape than minivap that takes about 10 min (talking about quick teflon core with decarb kit)to give me the extraction I want.
    Only bad side of the minivap in my point of view is that is not extracting at a level that I'm seeking:the abv is golden and uniform the vapor flavorful and poten but in my opinion abv could be much darker and I feel that not everything is being extratcted expecialy with The decarb kit.
    Sorry for late replay.....
  • Pablopicasso
    Good morning from Madrid .....withe widow with minivap at blue for breakfast:yum: LIFTED
    zgf9pg418kojtfn5.jpgoogry1ps36adu6m2.jpg
    qq1x6jh53c627pny.jpg
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube