• Magicman
    This unit is the best personal herb inducing vehicle ever created.
  • Bruce
    The Crafty is the king, the king of defective units.
  • DregerUS
    Wait till you try his bigger/more mature brother, the mighty
  • DregerUS
    If you stay within its limitations, you won't be disappointed. It did serve me well. And opened my eyes to the technology. One of the best dedicated dry herb portables.
  • Kev
    Love the flavor from my Crafty hate the failure rate. As a high use person my Crafty can't cut it. The vape flavor is the best I have had and I have a Firefly2, DaVinci IQ and a DaVinci Ascent for portables and hands down flavor wise and bowl size the Crafty kicks all their butts. The dad mine is on its third replacement in 15 months. Storz & Bickel is fast on taking care of them but it's a shame that the unit fails so frequently. First one quit powering up all the way before shutting down. second one plastic starter breaking off it all around the mouthpiece and it was having heat up issues. Third one just went into a mode that tells you it's defective and must be returned to the manufacture for service and when you try to turn it on it flashes the red light a few times then flashes yellow several times after that. I also have had to have my IQ replaced after only 5 uses as the door broke off and fell on the ground when there was no pressure on it at all. The Ascent is now going back for failure of the adhesive that holds the top section just above the chamber in main housing together. Guess I'm just to hard on them. My only thought is If they can't handle high use at the prices they go for what good are they. I recently purchased a Topstone vape and am awaiting arrival. I'm hoping for at home use this will work better. I should mention in the past I have owned and raiser air extreme Q 4.0 and I also burned that up inside of 3 months of use. I want to mention I do keep all of my devices extremely clean and well cared for I just vape 10 times a day or so and usually at least 2 bowls per session so I'm not sure why these keep failing on me.
  • Baron23
    I don't disagree with anything you have said, but I do like the Mighty and believe that its much more reliable than the Crafty as its larger form factor allows a design is not so critical IMO.

I also understand, but this is colloquial only and I have no documented facts to back it up, that S&B has seriously improved the Crafty reliability (if they did, it sure seemed to need it).

Stealth is not an important factor for me, so its Mighty all the way.

The way you vape, you should have a log vape (an Enano, yeah?) and just leave it on all day. It will never break (well, hardly ever), is simple to use, you can load everything from a pinch to a good size load and it will extract just as good, GonGs can be had to put them on a water pipe, and they aren't too expensive.

Cheers
  • Kev
    I have had Mighty Knock-Offs and I agree even those lasted 6 months. I'm unfamiliar with the other ones you mention. I do have a Topstone on order and even though the creator doesn't know how it will work with flower I have a plan to find out in place but I will want to find out more about the other ones you mentioned as well. I rarely do concentrates and it's mostly flower but it's a fair amount. I own a Vapir 2.0 but it's just far to large a chamber and it cooks stuff so fast I only use it at dinner parties with the 4 person attachment on it.
  • Kev
    I forgot to mention the Crafty I had this time which was my third is only 2 months old. My first two lasted about 6 months each. I can't see any improvements or design differences from my first one to to the third and I think the biggest issue is it simply doesn't allow the heat to escape well enough. I may go to an original mighty simply because I like portable and the knock-offs I had were pretty decent.
  • Baron23
    The only other one I mentioned is the Enano by Epic Vape. Its a 'log vape' which is a very traditional, very good functioning, very reliable (with not much to break) vaporizer design.

There are a couple/few other log type vape manufacturers but I really like EpicVape and the Enano and they have great CS IMO. Many folks just love the Enano and you can, indeed, leave it on at temp all day long and when you want a hit just drop a pinch into the bowl of the stem and knock it back.

https://epicvape.com/

Here is more on the Enano:
    https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/745/enano/p1

The Topstone looks to me to be an exposed coil concentrate pen (big pen but still). I can't see this doing anything at all with dry herb except for burning it and you can use a cheap corn cob pipe to do that.

I don't understand how you intend to vape flower with the Topstone
  • RobbIt
    Does anyone have any idea when we can expect the next generation Crafty and Mighty??

Maybe they will correct the failure rate defects and the one minute (too short!) shutoff.
  • Baron23
    Don't know about Crafty, but current Mighty firmware extended the auto-off to two minutes, I believe, while improving the draw sensor.
  • vapingfans
    yes.. we love crafty and mighty vaporizer so much... just because the performance of unit.. but if you could get a mighty adapter that will be awesome. then you could connect your mighty crafty vaporizer with Bongs / Bubbler / which has 14mm or 18mm joint... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G3ox72ZXkY

cheers ... enjoy your vape...
  • Baron23
    I have one of these and don't really like it all that much.

The flanges on the side that mate with the Mighty/Crafty where the CU normally would go are not tapered like the CU and don't fit all that dang well.

In addition, the fit between the glass joint and the plastic housing isn't all that good on the one I have.

I tried it, just didn't think it fulfilled its potential.

I am waiting for Delta 3D Studios new SonG2 Mighty WPA. Rachett (Delta 3D) 3d prints a bunch of stuff including SonGs (silicone to glass adapters). However, he has found a manf that can make these SonGs out of a much denser material (with resulting better tolerances) and will be sell them very soon. They are to accomplish the same purpose.

I don't know yet how good they will be, they aren't out yet, but I will try one when released.

Check out this page of Delta stuff for Mighty.

https://delta3dstudios.com/portable-vaporizer-accessories/mighty-vaporizer/

Cheers
  • vapingfans
    Yeah thanks for comment , let we wait it then test it.

Good days my friend :D
  • vapingfans
    they are too slow. You could try CFV boundless vaporizer. Very similar as mighty and crafty. From outside design and performance

Good luck :D
  • DregerUS
    Very disappointed that stores and Bickel hasn't already come out with one of these. Ridiculous
  • Magicman
    It's true.
  • moondog
    Saludos, Anybody making their own Liquid Pad for the crafty? How to do it? I´m in Mexico and this material is not on the market......even importing can have stresses........Thanks.....
  • Zep4
    I have wpa and connector from SneakyPetes that have served me well daily for nearly a year. They fit well.
  • Magicman
    After using "the king" only with dosing capsules lately, I tried again without the condom. Damn I think that saving weed is overrated. Cram that chamber full and tamp it down. Forget the liquid pad spacer. Throw the dosing capsules away. Make love to the CRAFTY bareback.
  • Bud

And modify that cooling unit screen also for even more oomph :100: :100: :cool:
  • juxt

Someone posted on here somewhere that they received a new Crafty with the screen in that configuration from the factory ... have you heard anything like that?
  • Bud

No way! I have not heard that but if you find who said that lemme know!
  • artv4nd3l4y

Puff it up included a free water pipe adapter like this when I ordered my Crafty, although I still haven't tried it out yet.
  • Magicman
    With many trendy, cooler, or on-demand devices charring can occur due to "user error". The crafty extracts completely with never a burn issue.
  • Bud
    With many trendy, cooler, or on-demand devices charring can occur due to "user error". The crafty extracts completely with never a burn issue.Magicman

This is accurate, and I'm gonna touch on this briefly in tomorrow's stream...

You're not the first to say this and while it's technically correct the reality is that hybrid heating like the Crafty has is "lazy". It will get you that good vapor production and even AVB, but it's not an advanced method of heating, and it's not doing as good of a job at capturing the full experience of the herb. It's also slightly wasteful, it's not the most efficient way of going about vaporizing.

Crafty is in my vape hall-of-fame, I love it and still use it, but when used correctly there are certain on-demand convection vapes that will produce smoother, tastier, more potent vapor. Yes user error is a big factor in sub-par performance of certain vapes, I have verified this personally.

It's up to the user to decide whether ease of use and consistency is more important than bomb vapor quality and smoothness.

My opinion? You can't use just one vape all the time, you're cheating yourself, you need at least 2 really good ones. Preferably 20.

You don't have to take my word for it, I only have seven thousand vapes :sweat:
  • MothChewMoth
    how many do you ACTUALLY own as of right now? Have we gotten a count recently?
  • Baron23
    You're not the first to say this and while it's technically correct the reality is that hybrid heating like the Crafty has is "lazy". It will get you that good vapor production and even AVB, but it's not an advanced method of heating, and it's not doing as good of a job at capturing the full experience of the herb. It's also slightly wastefulVapeCritic

I sort of see it a bit differently. While I don't object to the adjective "lazy" being applied to the Mighty/Crafty I don't view this as a negative. To me it just means you don't have to work your ass off, guess at technique, and worry about combustion. You just draw and for many, in the final analysis, that outweighs "advanced methods of heating" for many that may appeal more to vape enthusiasts.

While they are session vapes, certainly, I don't feel that they are wasteful or inefficient at all. I can, using a liquid pad, bring function load size down to .1 g and that's small enough for me so no waste for me they way I use it (my Mighty).

At the same time, I'm not wasting flower content because I empty the load of my butane vape one draw too early out of fear of charring and I'm not charring and causing breakdown of cannabinoids.

When we say "user error" one must also contemplate if the usage procedures are too damn fiddly and finicky. Not every thing is really "fit for purpose" and if its too hard to use unless you are a vape fanatic, then its not fit for purpose for many folks (and you will see a LOT of folks in med dispensaries who are NOT vape fanatics and just want to extract their meds).

It's up to the user to decideVapeCritic

Now I agree completely with this. Absolutely true and why a wide array of vapes are on the market. No one vape satisfies everybody's needs and desires. We have known each other for some time and while we probably share 85% of our needs and desires, but somethings that are important to you aren't necessarily for me and vice versa.

Its always an interesting topic to me. BUT, I'm betting that when MJ goes full Fed legal and is completely mainstreamed, that the Mr. Coffee or Black and Decker type of reliable appliances will out sell the connoisseur vapes that need stirring, a gentle and steady hand, etc.

But I have been known to be wrong once or twice! LOL
  • Rockytdogg
    Mr. Coffee or Black and Decker type of reliable appliances will out sell the connoisseur vapes that need stirring, a gentle and steady hand, etc.Baron23
    ?
  • Baron23
    Yes, I have seen that as well as the device coming out of Israel that has sort of a carousel of packets that provide consistent extraction.

For me....probably not. For a hell of a lot of people with no rec background perhaps, yeah...its that level of simplicity they are looking for. They want their meds, not a new life style. LOL

As I look to all of the tons of vape crap that has accumulated here...I'm starting to think they are right! haha
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment