• DregerUS
    Come on stores in pickles where are the f****** gadgets look at your other competitors b******
    I think I got some German in me somewhere too f****** embarrassing

Oh yeah I lost my train of thought

Anybody notice that some cooling units have just a little bit less or more draw resistance then others? X-)

I wonder if they made any changes to the design or are newer generations?

Oh yeah I forgot to say it one out of three that I have ... sucks and I can't figure out why. I mean I don't want to dremel that s*** maybe ??
  • Kakarot
    Fire up The Plenty!!! :D
  • DregerUS
    I have someone thats borrowing my plenty. It's hard to keep them in the closet, not being used, knowing what I know now. I had one of my mighties on loan too but she's back in rotation. >:)

My Plenty was my buddy, boy could he eat.
  • Kakarot
    I just had a Plenty session, needless to say I am getting ready to munch out and the pass out :D
  • DregerUS
    I decided enough is enough with one of my Mighty's cooling units.

There's this one CU that I felt had a little more noticeable drag / increased draw resistance when compared to the other two CUs. This unit was also clogging up quickly too.

(i have three that i rotate and clean one daily in the dunk)

I decided to clean all at once and compare. I was able to determine that one had an abnormal issue.

I took a Dremel and send it a few areas down to see if it would decrease resistance. I didn't want to make a drastic change because there was no noticeable differences between the one that worked well and the one that didn't. After a few days of trying a few places cleaning and using them. I was able to determine the exact location that was causing the problem. It seems that the two ridges buffering the airflow near the mouthpiece was causing too much resistance.

I felt safe increasing this mortification even more because I have never found any plant matter, only resin.

I have to say what a dramatic change in the draw resistance it's even better than the other two now.

Which brings me to my next question has anybody else performed any modifications to their cooling units? And I'm shocked that nobody else is selling modified cooling units since there's so much potential airflow? Or instructions on how to alter OEMs
  • Chaotix
    it's probably the rubber rings that are going. Replace them all will be fine.
  • DregerUS
    hey there I think you misunderstood what I was saying... but thanks for trying
  • Chaotix
    I had a lot of issues with uneven draw resistance also with more than one CU.
    It was actually S&B themselves that told me on the phone to alsways make sure to change the rubber rings monthly.
    In my case it helped to restore an even draw. Thought you meant that sorry ;-)
  • DregerUS
    nah I tried to give a good explanation of what the scenario was but your suggestion is not what I'm experiencing. How I defined it and how isolated the actual issue was thoroughly explained. I then further explain the fix I found and how I applied it.
    Why you're changing the O-rings every month is beyond me. I'm going through two ounces a month with daily soaks in ISO and I have no degradation or deterioration in the O-rings.

In the "rubber rings" as you called them are design to make a seal for the two piece cooling unit , they are not part of the airflow nor should be.

Dude, what are you saying?(I'm completely lost.)
    [ be nice he's trying to help ]
  • Chaotix
    I must stop using the phone after the Mighty

That prevents things like this ;-)
  • DregerUS
    lol it's fine it led to a really good laugh ... no worries cheers mate
  • Moe
    Shooting in the dark here but what about putting a nug in the CU? Like the IQ and the flavor chamber. Do you think that will give the vape more flavor?
  • DregerUS
    lol I've been sweating Kakarot new IQ so much that actually did put a nug in my cooling unit the last 2 days. I found the the best spot is in the middle chamber of the rear portion of the mighty cooling unit. It's a small little nug and it gets squished down in half by the top cooling unit.
    It does add flavor, but restricts airflow slightly.
    I would like to see what it builds up after some sessions and how it vapes later.
    I'm not so sure that I would do it again, I'll have to keep playing with that one.
  • Moe
    @DregerUS I would imagine gunk would build up in the CU. I thought about doing it awhile ago but never did. What about putting a pod in the CU. I don't have one so I don't know if it would fit in there lol.
  • AsUwish
    Lol!! I needed a genuine laugh today. Thanks for this post!
  • Moe
    I'm going through two ounces a monthDregerUS

@DregerUS Damn I only vape a half a month lol. I vape about 1.5 to 2 grams a day. Not much but I can't be high all day I wouldn't get any thing done during the day If I was haha.
  • DregerUS
    I'm sorry two jars that split a 1Z
    And that's if I'm lucky... stretching .5 out is the norm
  • DregerUS
    oe89e4fx702cbuwa.jpg

I think it makes a big enough difference that I should post it. If you notice the top cooling units near the mouthpiece. The two bridges that buffer the air have been sanded down with a dremel.

So much so that I had to slow down my draw to allow the hot air to vape the bud. I take my time and enjoy the Vape. Though I won't be doing this regularly I can now place a small piece to impart additional flavor.

But the end result I have reduced the drawl restriction with a little modification.

Please let me know if this helps or if anyone else can confirm. Make sure that after sanding you clean up the loose burrs.
    Attachment
    14957010180451242687899 (345K)
  • DregerUS
    and after 4 uses, if you grind up that nug it's extra potent
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention