• VapeCritic
    As you may have recently seen, Storz & Bickel dropped their prices again, on all vapes except the Volcano.

Usually this is an indication that something new may be on the horizon, so here's my predictions for the next generation Crafty & Mighty vapes. I'm leaning towards them not making any drastic changes, but hopefully some of these updates...

Crafty 2 & Mighty 2 Predictions:

Size and shape - Probably just subtle changes to the shape but they will both be a little bit smaller and both will have LED displays.

Better battery life - Could be achieved by either more efficient use of power or the introduction of larger batteries, but I think they'd want to keep the batteries the same size or smaller, so probably more advanced circuitry. I would guess that whatever they decide to do the end result will be battery life around an hour for the Crafty, up from about 30-45 mins now, and for the Mighty it will be a strong 90 minutes+.

Auto shut off timer - One of their biggest and only quirks, the super short timer, you're constantly hitting that power button to keep it from shutting off. I would guess there will now be a user-adjustable shut off timer with a max length of 5 minutes.

Plastic parts - S&B has been using plastic and stainless steel in their vapes since the beginning and I don't expect them to change that just yet (no glass or ceramic parts or anything).

Draw resistance - They're going to ease up the resistance to make them more like the Plenty with a more free-flowing draw. This will most likely be achieved by adding an adjustable air intake tab on the front (like the Vivant Alternate).

Heat-up time - Crafty will now heat up in 45 seconds or less, down from almost 2 minutes. The Mighty already heats up pretty fast so there might not be a big change there.

Faster charging - Charging the Crafty through micro-USB is pretty slow, waiting 2 hours for your vape to fully charge is too long, so something will be done in this area. Not sure if it will be a proprietary charger like the Mighty, but charge time for the Crafty will be reduced to 60-90 mins. Mighty will charge in 30-60 mins, only a slight reduction because it's already quick.

Performance - I actually don't expect too much to change in regards to performance because they're already hard to beat. If they're able to free up the draw resistance more I think it would make a noticeable difference.

Cooling unit - More advancements will be made with the cooling unit to further cool and condition the vapor before it reaches your lips. You know how the Plenty has that crazy cooling coil? I wouldn't be very surprised to see a mini version of that implemented.

Oven size - I don't anticipate this changing, right now their capacities are about average and I do not think they will make them smaller.

Concentrates - There will probably be a more advanced solution for vaping concentrates in them, other than just using the liquid pad. Maybe dosing capsules for oil.

Reliability / defects - I really have no idea what to expect, they currently make both the most reliable and least reliable vapes out there lol

I'm looking forward to getting called a S&B shill :-! lol jk I love everybody

What are your predictions??

Stay up!
  • Baron23
    @VapeCritic - Are you just speculating or do you have any inside info. I think your projections are pretty good:

Size and shape - Size and shape - Probably just subtle changes to the shape but they will both be a little bit smaller and both will have LED displays.

• not sure that they have the real estate to put an LED on the Crafty but maybe.

Better battery life - Could be achieved by either more efficient use of power or the introduction of larger batteries

• Yes, I think they will and absolutely should stick with the current battery form factor as I believe its the ubiquitous 18650 but the capacity of these batteries, both in amp hours and discharge rates have gotten much better. I dunno but they may have to do some tweaking to their electronics to accept and use a stronger battery, but I think this is a no-brainer as these stronger batteries are currently in production.

Auto shut off timer - One of their biggest and only quirks, the super short timer, you're constantly hitting that power button to keep it from shutting off. I would guess there will now be a user-adjustable shut off timer with a max length of 5 minutes.
    • I can't figure out why they haven't done this already. They have a timer so the logic for power on/power off and physical connections to make that happen are already in the device. They ABSOLUTELY should make the auto-shutoff user settable.

Plastic parts - S&B has been using plastic and stainless steel in their vapes since the beginning and I don't expect them to change that just yet (no glass or ceramic parts or anything).

Draw resistance - They're going to ease up the resistance to make them more like the Plenty with a more free-flowing draw. This will most likely be achieved by adding an adjustable air intake tab on the front (like the Vivant Alternate).

• Not sure about this one. I see what Vivant did, it seems to work, but its also another plastic mechanical part to fail. Personally, I wouldn't add a stick on like that to the S&B design. I find the Mighty draw resistance to be very good, but if they do want to make it better I'm not sure a flimsy little air intake valve thingy is the way to go. Maybe that's just my design aesthetics here.

Heat-up time - Crafty will now heat up in 45 seconds or less, down from almost 2 minutes. The Mighty already heats up pretty fast so there might not be a big change there.

• The Mighty may heat up faster than the Crafty but their competition are vapes like the CFX that make it to 365 F in 20 seconds or so. That's the kind of target they should look to meet or beat IMO and with higher wattage heaters and higher discharge rate batteries that are now available, they should be able to make that happen.

Oven size - I don't anticipate this changing, right now their capacities are about average and I do not think they will make them smaller.

• I agree. They have too many other accessories out (liquid pad, dosing capsules, screens, etc) already in production to make changing oven size very easily done and why do it anyway as, perhaps with the exception of the Plenty, their oven size seem to be fairly well accepted.

Reliability / defects - I really have no idea what to expect, they currently make both the most reliable and least reliable vapes out there lol[/quote]
    • Ain't that the truth, brother.

Thanks for the thought provoking input.
  • Cl4ud3
    Replaceable batteries - the main thing I would like to see, especially with the next gen boundless models supposedly having that feature.
    That would take some of the reliability issues out.
  • Baron23
    yes, Yes, YES...how did I forget that one!!
  • Wallace
    I agree with Cl4ud3 I have been waiting for the replaceable batteries for a while, and won't buy one until they include it.
    My bro has a crafty and I love it but.... The hole idea of paying a nice amount of cash for something that will die slowly in front of my eyes without being able to do something about it... Well just turns me off
  • Wallace
    Any way how long do you think it will take them to launch something new?
  • DregerUS
    Nice discussion.
    <quality read>
    thank you
  • Kakarot
    **Still holding debit card** :-!
  • Kakarot
    Maybe they dropped prices AND WILL RELEASE THE NEW PRODUCT ON 4/20!!! **Still holding card**
  • AsUwish
    Nice predictions! I'd love if the new Mighty included:

1. Stood upright
    2. Stock glass mouthpiece
    3. Faster heat up times
    4. Smaller
    5. USB type C charging port
    6. *Wildcard: Cooling Unit made of a material other than plastic

And actually all the same for the Crafty but add LED display and better battery life.

Stay up!
  • Richard Powell
    I'm hoping the mighty 2 is my next vape. Replaceable batteries would be great so that we wouldn't have to worry about sending the entire device in when the batteries start to go.
  • Wallace
    Well I am sorry to inform that the discount is only for there US web store (no discounts on there EU oficial web store)so I am guessing that is has nothing to do with an imminent launch of a new product and more to do with all the 420 sales going on in the US.
    (There is no 420 sales in europe)
    Hope I am wrong, since I am really wishing for them to launch something new as soon as possible.
  • nickbashans
    Yes, the nicest portable on the market has to be laid down on its back or face every time you set it down. Defiantly a very easy fix that should have been part of the design. I wish they would have done that with the plenty too.
  • Baron23
    This guy makes very cool stands for your Mighty.
    http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/2qan-stand-for-the-mighty.23348/page-4

The original, the 2Qan, was a limited production (42 total) all metal one that was perhaps a bit pricey for some. Here is my Mighty with 2qan stand
    w3b73rwgm8ibie96.jpeg

Other 2qan pics so you can see it a bit more:
    Bud's Mighty with a 2qan on it:
    757gsvvhtsdj014w.jpg

standalone 2qan pics
    6cafka5yfzg02m1n.jpg
    j02ox4nuxsnqkb4b.jpg
    defx59ajydmyvwd9.jpg

So, the artist came out with a less expansive version he called the Wee
    r8nrjxo6m59yw8p8.jpg

But is now making a stand that is a mash up of the 2qan and the Wee that he's calling the Weecan
    yq6t2vei1ef6rc1v.jpg

The cool think about these stands are that the leg folds back out of the way to carry it, it provides all access to power ports and the like, it works great, and its a quite nicely done artistic piece.

Just something to think about.
    Attachments
    Mighty on C2 Glass w-Whip (64K)
    8zgcsie8h0w6gscj (62K)
    f2dvFh2 (261K)
    w88B3MU (289K)
    UbPovrQ (298K)
    Z2JCjmi (177K)
    Weecan (167K)
  • nickbashans
    Those are kick ass. Great looking stands. Might have to get one.
    My only problem is If I spend 400$ on a vape I shouldnt need to buy any accessories. Especially to make it stand up, LOL.
    Its like the Video Game industry. You spend $60 on a game then have to buy the season pass at $50. then the DLC packs at $10 a piece. Why dont you just charge $100 for the game and give it all to me at once. And if you dont pre-order it then you miss out on DLC content... Irritating. >:o
  • oddjobold
    Storz & Bickel if your liserning.

I wont touch your vape unless its got replaceable batteries. Please dont disapoint.
  • Cl4ud3
    https://edstnt.com/product/mighty-vaporizer-wood-stand-wood4vape-eds-tnt/
    an alternative to the 2quan but I do think the 2quan is awesome.
  • Baron23
    My only problem is If I spend 400$ on a vape I shouldnt need to buy any accessories. Especially to make it stand up, LOL.nickbashans

hahaha You are right, no doubt, man.....no doubt about it.

Thanks Cl4ud3!! And Ed's a great guy with great products. Really like Ed!
  • DregerUS
    Agree on the problem and I dig the solution.
  • Richard Powell
    Excited as hell for the new installments to the mighty & crafty. I'm predicting a September release date? I hope they have a trial program like the firefly 2 had. That would be great getting to try out the product before dropping $400.
  • Flo
    Since my Crafty just failed two weeks after the warranty period (red/orange blinking of death), I really would hope for a user replaceable battery. shouldn't be a problem to do, since they use simple 18650 cells.
  • AsUwish
    Let's get this board going again people! X-)
  • Naked Paradox
    As excited as I am for anything that Storz and Bickle are working on, if they don't have the option of a removable battery, I won't be making the purchase. Dead batteries are the biggest problem for me when it comes to portables and a dead vape might as well be broken one. I'm really hoping they go the extra mile and find a way to include a removable chamber and on demand heating, but I think that's just wishful thinking. My eyes are firmly on the Ghost for now.
  • okla68m

I'll sign up !
  • VapeCritic
    Welp, it's finally happened, my Mighty is crapping out after 2.5 years of service.

This got me thinking...

I'm not sure a portable vaporizer exists that won't break down after a couple years if it's used every day.

I mean, S&B build quality and it's gonna be a $400 brick soon (actually, I paid $470), and I'm out of warranty now. Can't say I'm disappointed though, I got a hell of a lot of use out of it.

It's doing this weird thing where it only turns on sometimes and I gotta press the button repeatedly, pretty annoying, maybe I'll take it apart and try and see if the button is messed up inside or something.
  • VapeCritic
    I also wanted to throw in that I would extremely surprised if S&B introduced removable batteries, that's like Apple doing it :-}

Then again, removable batteries wouldn't have saved me from my current situation.
  • frandemarco
    I dont mind not being able to remove the batteries, just somehow warrant it into a way we can ship it in if we suspect of lower battery performance. One thing for sure a new crafty 2 is going to run about 399.99 and I can tell you one thing I would at least want a 5 year warranty that actually protects the device.

Other than that a full convection mighty or crafty would be great, because when I think of portable on the go, I dont want to have to spend 10 minutes getting there where I can spend a minute with a convection vape.
  • Bruce
    Removable batteries is always a good idea. You got some major good times from that baby. If I were you get on the line with the rest of us trolls and wait for the Ghost MV1.

You are not a privileged character, don't forget to click on your links and eat your vegetables.
  • Baron23
    removable batteries wouldn't have saved me from my current situation.VapeCritic

Ah.....its sounds like you actually don't know its the battery and that it may well be the on/off button???

In those two and a half years of use, how many sessions do you think you put through your Mighty?
  • Bruce

Yo Yo Yo Critic,

Removable batteries is always a good idea. You got some major good times from that baby. If I were you get on the line with the rest of us trolls and wait for the Ghost MV1.

The legendary performance of the Mighty nobody can deny. If I were to be entertained to buy an S and B vape. They need to make some changes/advancements. Such as a replaceable battery, a different look, a different feel, update to the cooling unit, replace the rubber gaskets, and the metal screens. I think these changes are very important for S and B to stay a top-tier vape because the competing vapes have more and newer feature's, capabilities build quality, nonmetal screens. Also if the pricing stays at what is now would be important.

You are not a privileged character, don't forget to click on your links and eat your vegetables.
  • Guapo
    What date do you expect the release?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube