• Simon Belmont
    Hello,

New to the forum but noticed the positive posts about Storz & Bickel and wanted to share my experience since I've not been one of the lucky ones using their warranty services.

- I purchased my Mighty on 05/29/2015 directly from their online store and it stopped working this past March.
    - I opened an RMA ticket with S&B on 3/24/17 and paid $12 to ship it to San Jose, CA to repair it. (It will charge but I can't turn it on with the orange button anymore).

Received this message today from S&B regarding my repair status:

Email response from Storz & Bickel below:
    Hello,

We have received the device you sent in for service. Thank you for your patience while we made our assessment.

The device has malfunctioned due to wear & tear. We are happy that you have enjoyed many hours of use from our device but we also regret wear & tear is not covered by the warranty. The device is not reparable and will need to be replaced. We would like to offer you a discount on a new Mighty for $249, including all parts and shipping..

You will be sent a PayPal Payment Request in a separate email.

For warranty information, please refer to the link below:
    http://www.storz-bickel.com/media/wysiwyg/CRAFTY-MIGHTY/PDF/mighty-vaporizer-instruction-manual.1.pdf

They sent me an invoice to PayPal already for $249 after making me pay to ship it to them and countless power charger replacements. Really not happy with this support and thinking I will probably rather buy a different vaporizer than deal with this.

Anyone else run into this before?

Thanks,
    Simon B
  • DregerUS
    I sent an email as well to Storz and Bickel on this case. I'm not happy on what was offered.
    Can you please keep us informed.
  • Simon Belmont
    Ya if anything a failure on the power button is due to defective design and not wear and tear. I intend on fighting this and not accepting their $249 offer..what a joke a warranty is these days when companies think they can strong arm people with excuses like this in hopes consumer apathy will prevail.
  • Simon Belmont
    Okay sorry about delaying an update on this but I have been working with S&B about honoring the warranty for my Mighty which was still under warranty when I shipped to them. They basically refused to replace it and were completely comfortable not responding back to me after this message until I brought up that they basically stole my Mighty and made me pay to ship it to them. I would not have spent the money to ship it to them if they were just going to claim "we dont have to fix it b/c we think you used it too much" I finally complained that they have to ship me back my Mighty even if they wont fix it; I'm not going to just let them keep a $400 vaporizer and get away with it. So I wrote them back and asked them to either ship it back or send me a check for the full retail price that I paid for it. This was their response:

"We understand your frustration and share in your disappointment. We appreciate our customers and want them to be happy with their purchase.

As per page 33 of your instructions, section 14 under Warranty, Liability, Repair Service:
    “The foregoing warranty is subject to the proper storage, transportation and use of the Products, and does not include defects due to normal wear and tear or deterioration, including, but not limited to, defects in batteries, Screens and similar parts subject to wear and tear.”

The 2-year Warranty covers any manufacture defect. This is independent of Wear & Tear components. Users that accrue many hours of use on their device will naturally see Wear & Tear components break down sooner. We are happy that you have enjoyed many hours of use from our device but we also regret that components that fail due to Wear & Tear are not covered by the warranty.

We will return your device to you. "

Moral of the story: Don't buy S&B products because they have a slimy opt out of delivering on their warranty and they're not high enough quality to warrant $400 for them when they can claim by no measurable means that there is wear and tear. I received my "faulty" vaporizer today and guess what, they broke it even more. At least when i shipped it to them, the digital display worked and i could charge it. Now the display won't turn on and it doesn't seem to be charging.
  • Simon Belmont
    Just realized why the display isn't working. S&B drilled 2 holes...un..freaking believable.
  • Cl4ud3
    wow that sucks, wtf did they drill holes in it.
  • Simon Belmont
    I have no idea. I basically told them i was going to try to repair if they wouldn't. Assholes
  • Simon Belmont
    This was what my Mighty looked like after I received it from Storz & Bickel.a8xc8dtop85y3lf3.jpg
    Attachment
    IMG_2235 (96K)
  • Cl4ud3
    ah okay they had to do that to open it up I'm guessing, there would probably be two screws under there. Nothing stopping you opening it up and trying a repair.
  • Moe
    @Simon Belmont man you got me a little worried. I just sent my mighty in for the digital display not working properly. I hope they don't give me problems over it.
  • Simon Belmont
    Well mine worked fine and they broke it probably while trying to fix the real problem. I really really hope they don't bone you like they did with me. I don't get it either cause it was my first and only issue with it. I see posts here that people have had their Mighty replaced several times and I'm flabbergasted at the response of S&B customer service today that they won't send even one replacement. They totally boned me and the kicker was that I was a regular at buying their accessories at their store so from my standpoint, i thought i was a model customer. They have lost a customer for life and I say that with disappointment since I had been a customer since their Volcano was the only thing you could get from them.
  • Baron23
    This blows and I am so sorry to hear this sad and disappointing tale.

I have had two interactions with S&B CS and both were resolved easily to my satisfaction with the exception that I think their communications responsiveness leaves a lot to be desired.

Cheers
  • Simon Belmont
    Thanks for the community support and feedback. I just wanted to add that I did send a message to S&B support about the holes they put in my Mighty during their RMA repair process. Their response is below in quotes but basically they are willing to give me a sticker to cover the holes and a discount for $249.

"22.05.2017 – American Market

Reason for service:

"My Mighty seems to be charging okay but for some reason the orange button will not turn it on."

Findings:

We have received the device you sent in for service. Thank you for your patience while we made our assessment.

The device has malfunctioned due to wear & tear. We are happy that you have enjoyed many hours of use from our device but we also regret wear & tear is not covered by the warranty. The device is not reparable and will need to be replaced. We would like to offer you a discount on a new Mighty for $249, including all parts and shipping..

The device you are inquiring about no longer had a valid warranty. In order to assess the device the device needed to be opened. The device was not damaged by our repair staff. If you wish to obtain a MIGHTY sticker we would be happy to send you one."
  • Kakarot
    WTF... that is ridiculous, FireFly told me after having the FF2 for just 4 big days that they could not give me my money back OR replace the unit but they would have a look at mine and possibly fix it... BUT if they did not find anything wrong they were going to charge me 30$ plus all the shipping and handling fees... what a load of crap ... Is that the front where the LCD was at or the back that has the Made in Germany sticker?
  • DregerUS
    Still no reply from my email to Storz and Bickel. I've looked at recent posts and they're not positive, it seems that their customer service and warranty repair experience are in a declined.
    I'm concerned.
  • Taz4101
    It sounds like the drill bit they used went too deep and hit the lcd. An employee will never admit or might not even know they did that. I think yours fell under there definition of wear and tear due to the amount of presses the button is rated for. Did you always press the power button to keep the shut off timer from going off?

I try to use up or down after hearing of early models power button failing. Sucks but sounds like a outlier case. They could have pulled a firefly and charged for diagnosis if not covered and still damaged it. They replaced my housing after 8 months from cracking without issue. I was nervous though, after hearing S&B warranty in Cali is alot stricter.
  • frandemarco
    After hearing this I think I'm going to have to get a backup vape with a better warranty, sorry you guys got treated like shit. I can't understand why sell this thing for 400 bucks if you cant use it as much as you desire.
  • howie105
    Lets be fair , S&B cites normal wear and tear as not being covered in their warranty as its listed on their web site. Pays to read warranty before purchasing things like vapes.
  • DabConnection
    But let's also be fair in how this warranty is a crap warranty. If OP spend that much money on a Mighty, OP would reasonably expect it to last for two years. It not working after two years should mean there is a defect. A product this expensive should last two years.

Especially being Storz, who does not have a volcano or at least know someone that has one that is super old? If my $400 some Volcano died after two years and they pulled this on me I would think that is unreasonable.

So right now Storz is not standing behind the product. They are standing behind the fact they have a bad warranty that does not cover two years of actual use. It just covers if they manufactured something wrong for two years.

However, also to be fair again, I understand this is what a lot of companies do in their warranties. But this does not seem to be the norm with vapes. Most companies seem pretty easy about replacements.
  • howie105

If they came to the guys house and made him buy the item then I would feel a bit more compassion but they didn't. The terms were listed in the warranty and the OP made the purchase, simple. Not telling anyone what to feel but reality is reality.
  • Simon Belmont
    S&B maintain that my Mighty won't be replaced through warranty but the kicker is that in order for me to get the "discount" on another new Mighty; I still need to mail them my old Mighty back to them even though I already did that but would have to do it again since they sent it back when i asked them to in trying to repair it but finding out it was far more broken after it was in their hands. So to get the discount, I have to ship it back to them which I'm guessing is the San Jose, CA location I sent it to previously.

I can read the warranty just fine but there's no real gauge to determine wear and tear even if all the other components are working okay besides the one at fault. It's not like there's an orange button counter that I can view in an app or in the digital display that shows me usage stats or mileage and if its considered high risk for wear and tear warranty void. I bought the Mighty because I thought it was the highest quality medical grade premium portable vaporizer on the market with a great company standing by it through a solid 2 year warranty and could handle the rigors of regular use based on that description. Lesson learned here is that I'm probably better off buying cheaper vaporizers and just realizing that their shelf life is short instead of paying up and having expectations for "premium" portable vaporizers to last up to the warranty specified.
  • howie105
    So instead of going circular with this discussion Ill just wait ans see how this resolves. When you get what you want just post your success story. Good Luck
  • waxfiend
    I have a Crafty and really this makes me second guess recommending it to someone else. I did not read the warranty terms either just thought it covered two years as long as you did not break it. Can't believe 2 years of wear and tear breaks it. Hopefully they do something for you. Paying another $250 is lame.
  • Simon Belmont
    Thanks waxfiend, I'm not sure what I want to do yet but I'm trying to see what S&B come back with on why I need to ship the old back and confirming where it needs to be shipped to get the discount. Just want others interested in the Mighty to know what to expect if an RMA is opened and S&B decide to claim wear and tear before the 2 years are completed. Warranty aside, it performed very well and I liked it more than the FF2.
  • Simon Belmont
    Yup the sticker to cover the side with the holes in case I would like to make my new vape paper-weight more sexy!
  • DabConnection
    Yes you are right it is much worse if it was an in person sale and the terms are there. Just overall seems like 2 years should be easy for this to hold up!
  • BSUBroncoDad
    S&B has been great to me. When my Crafty failed to power on after one year of use, S&B just sent me a brand new one. Of course, I had to return the broken Crafty, but I was able to keep the vapor chamber and other accessories from the old one. Also, I recently bought a Mighty directly from S&B. For whatever reason it came with a european plug adapter. I complained via e-mail and 3 days later I have a new power adapter. Didn't even burn through the initial charge on the Mighty before I had the correct power adapter in hand. Hopefully your situation is just a fluke.
  • Kakarot
    That is so lame...Like I said tho I believe you because I have tried to get in contact with them several times and can never get ahold of anyone or get a call back even. They are good about mailing shit when you buy it, even standard mail it always arrives in 2 days. Like I said tho I have had bad experiences with there customer service as well but the fact they drilled holes in yours,ripped the sticker off and messed the LCD up its crazy.. I really hope nothing ever goes bad on mine.. If I would have had it to do over again I would have skipped the Mighty and just got the damn DaVinci IQ because I love it and it is no where near as big a pain in the ass to clean. I hate having to take screens out and soak shit in ISO. When I smoked I was constantly doing that with my bongs and it is such a pain in the ass... I hope you get something worked out with them because that is not right.
  • waxfiend
    Did you buy it directly from them? It is a long shot, but some credit cards might still let you dispute it. I have disputed things that were well over a year old before. If they do not fix this, I would dispute on your credit card if at all possible if you bought direct from them.
  • Simon Belmont
    That's a great point - I did buy it directly from them at their online store with a credit card so it's definitely worth a shot. My only option is to pony up another 12 bucks and send my broke Mighty back and hope they give me a discount since they won't give me one until it is "reserved" in their possession.

Update: Called up Chase and they said 118 days is the limit on letting me dispute the charge and the limit applies to all their different cc types including the one i use which is the Freedom card per the agent I spoke with.
  • waxfiend
    on that note I recommend getting a Capital One card for the future and buying with that only. I have disputed way older stuff with them. In general the customer service is way better. Usually you can find some better cashback deal too.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment