• l2j1
    Where was I? This is my first time posting so bear with me please. I thought I did all my research on the FF2, I read tons of reviews but nothing I found was totally negative. Anyway, I bought it, I hate it and if I could return it for my cash I would. I don't have the strength to pull that long. I like the IDEA behind the FF2 but that's about it. Idk, I'm going to start reading on desk top models. Stealth and smell aren't issues for me so maybe that's a better plan. I have a drawer that has a Pax, a MFLB, a K-vape, the FF2 now, and the list goes on. I so wish I could find THE ONE...Don't we all?
  • Wallace
    Go for the plenty (its all you will ever need and more for a great price, and will last until the end of times even if you dont take care of it very well)

:)
  • Chaotix
    Pax 1 is good... if you liked that then go for the Pax 2. But if you're really looking for "the one" in terms of will work any time and most important will "do the job" in terms of effects... try the volcano and / or Mighty. You can resell those all the time should it not be right for you.
  • Kakarot
    Plenty and Mighty are really the only 2 Vapes one needs in life :D
  • Baron23
    I'm going withhold comment on the FF2 (just trying to be nice) but I am very sorry you are one of the many folks who feel as you do. In fairness, there are many out there who love their FF2, but a lot of other folks can't understand why.

If looking for a desktop, may I suggest the VapeXhale EVO with a hydrotube (hits like a bong but a bit expensive) or an Enano log vape (probably the most versatile and efficient design I have used). I particularly like that the Enano can be left on all of the time without harm and if you are a medical patient at all, that's a very attractive aspect.

Best of luck, come back and discuss your thinking and progress and I'm sure others on the board will offer you their experience.

Cheers
  • Russ
    I did a lot of research over the months. I too looked at the FF2 as well as the plenty, crafty, mighty, Davinchi IQ, Boundless CFX, CFV, and many, many others.

Here is what I discovered. If you want to consume dry herbs and concentrates through vaping, get two separate devices. IMHO, your better off getting a device that is designed to excel at its main function rather than doing multiple functions half @ssed.

That being said, Im happy with my boundless CFX (purchased through planetofvapes.com) for my dry herb. There are YouTube videos that show what its like to clean as well as some mods that allow you to passively collect honey from your rips :)

I JUST picked up the Yocan Magneto for concentrates, I freaking love the way they addressed the loading. Having failing eyes, loading concentrates into deep atomizers without touching coils is stupid frustrating. Its like playing the board game doctor stoned. They fixed the issue. Oh yeah, one small thing, it rips without any resistance. So far, I love this thing!
  • Baron23
    Not sure I care about the built in dab jar too much, but I am VERY interested in how they did the dab tool in the cap concept.

How does it work? Can you use it with stable shatter (with it stay on the dab cap?). If you push the dab cap into some nice budda consistency wax and put it back on, does the wax then just melt out of the cap and drop into the atomizer?

Looks very cool? Sounds like you are happy with it, yes?
  • Jack-vic
    Hear hear on the Plenty.
    Awsome vaporizer!!
    No draw resistance, big clouds and potent vapor.
    On a second note, I have the FF2 and its been working for me since day 1.
    No problems.
    Im sorry to hear that you are not happy with yours. :-(

Regards
  • Russ
    I havent tried shatter yet. I will give it a go tonight and report back. The shatter I have is used as a sleep aid. I will let you know tomorrow morning :)

The dab tool which is also the inner mouth piece is kinda like an inverted cup. You kinda smush it into the wax. Then put it back into the vape and apply the outer mouth piece. THe vape chamber warms up then the wax drips onto the ceramic coil.

The setup is well designed. The outer mouth piece hasnt gotten hot enough to burn my lips yet either. I hope the vape critic does a review on this thing. I like the whole concept. The battery is lacking but the rest of it is great. Also, the bottom of the battery has a built in silicon storage chamber. I plan on really testing this bad boy out when the wife and I go hiking later this week.
  • Russ
    BTW, here is the link to the vape.

http://www.yocantech.com/Magneto/index.html
  • Baron23
    Thanks...I also restrict shatter to bedtime....cause I end up going to bed one way or the other after dabbing it! LOL

Thank you, I gathered from looking at it works as you described and seems like it would be aces for softer concentrates. Look forward to your report re: shatter.

Cheers
  • l2j1
    Thanks for all the input! I don't think my FF2 is malfunctioning, I love the idea as I said but after trying to find a "sweet spot" for several days, I'm just done. It's packed and up for resale. I'm looking into the suggestions given here, I'm also going for a desk top this time. I only use concentrate for edibles so I really just need something that does the job with flower. Gotta love research.....
  • l2j1
    I'm looking at the Enano log vape. Does it have a water attachment you can buy with it? I'm either not seeing it or looking in the wrong spot. I don't know a lot about mods, but I heard some things about the sub-herb that I guess you attach to a 50w battery. I don't need portability as I've said, I just want to enjoy vaping. Maybe I'm making this harder than it is.......or my age is showing.
  • Baron23
    The Enano by Epic Vape is a true winner of a desktop in my book.

Yes, they make WPAs....really, what they make is a Gong (glass on glass) bowl you use instead of a dry stem. Put the GonG in your WP, put herb in the bowl (or do that first LOL), and either turn your Enano upside down onto the GonG (easy peasy) or if you like whips you can probably find a way to use one to connect the Nano to the GonG (but I just put the nano directly on the GonG).

Here is is in 14 mm but they also make it with an 18 mm joint.

https://epicvape.com/product/14mm-adjustable-gong/

This is a great vape that is VERY efficient with your herb. If you are looking for a .3 gram at a time session vape, well....perhaps not the nano. But if you like very full and easy extraction of .05 - .15 or so grams, then the Nano is king (and I like smaller bowls, I can always refill....this is a home device after all). If you do put more in than you want to vape in a single sitting that's perfectly fine as the nano is full convection and will not cook your herb when not drawing on it.

You can leave the Nano on all day long without impact and this is important particularly for med patients who vape frequently through the day.

That and in the one instance of CS interaction I had with them, they were great.

If you get an Enano, I predict you will like it a lot.
  • koepen
    I really like my FF2!!! It's working without any issue so far... OK, airflow could be improved a little bit , but if I pack it lose with a really coarse grind it performs superb! It's perfect for mild results with just 1 or 2 draws. Also 6-7 draws (which is max.) deliver a more mild result than a full session with the Mighty due to the smaller amount of material. And sometimes this is exactly what I want!
  • DogstarNYC
    Ok, so if you guys are now (6 mos ago) drilling holes into a $330 FIREFLY 2...then it's safe to say this thing is a POS and a LEMON.
    I purchased mine based on @VapeCritic video review.
    I find it odd that you don't mention that a lot of your forum followers are having issues with the unit...you don't even mention it or in the notes of the video...instead you say the opposit.
    I think you owe it to future buyers to beware of the issues members of your forum are having.
    Attachment
    IMG_0524 (81K)
  • Dazza78
    I love my plenty as my (wired)non portable never felt the need to change or upgrade, I have a guru and iQ as my portable and pocket vapes respectively (guru is cordless but not pocket size) I will be getting the mv-1 sometime in next week or so
  • Cl4ud3
    the Firefly2 is a very polarizing vape, Bud liked it and gave it a high review (as every other reviewer did) but a lot of us had trouble after the review. I can't say if it was a different batch of units but a hell of a lot who purchased at a specific time were hugely disapointed.
    I was never happy with mine, it has a lot of faults but it does work. Bud went back and mentioned the problems people were having and let you make your own mind up (can't think of any other reviewer who has done this, in fact the majority still push it like it's the best vape ever) - he's a reviewer and there to give his opinion, if you don't agree then you can hardly blame him personally.
  • LabPong
    The solo2 and soon to be out the air2 would be excellent choices as well. Or Enano or a Woodscents would be good for being connected by wire.....your choice there. I like being able to walk around or move to other locations in my home when using my Air.

I only use through water as well and the Arizers are so simple to use and especially clean and maintain. Also the Air is cool because you can swap out the battery. I can rotate my several 18650 batteries and not have a problem being unable to use because the battery needs a charge. You can also use when charging as well.
  • DogstarNYC

I don't want to come off as blaming bud personally...that is definitely not my intention.
    I'm just just pointing out my experience of viewing his review and not seeing the polarizing sides people are experiencing with the unit. And since I was not on this forum before purchasing the FF2 I could not see the debate that has been happening since last year...so for that I do apologize to Bud...and I should have done more research :)
    But I still do wish there was a mention in his immediate notes on the review.
  • Dazza78
    I nearly bought the ff2 until a friend told me to try his for a week(he already gave up on it) and I'm so glad I did, not the worst I've used but for th asking price it's been a costly mistake for many, after using it for a week I would never buy one.
  • Baron23

Since you felt the need to post your view in two threads, I thought to post my reply in both also.
    You need to read more on this forum about Bud and FF2, I believe. There is quite a bit of mea culpa on Bud's part along with some efforts to get FF2 to do something for people with bum units (which came to naught, I think). — Baron23
  • DogstarNYC
    I hear ya, I also apologized for not doing my research beforehand

↪Cl4ud3
    I don't want to come off as blaming bud personally...that is definitely not my intention.
    I'm just just pointing out my experience of viewing his review and not seeing the polarizing sides people are experiencing with the unit. And since I was not on this forum before purchasing the FF2 I could not see the debate that has been happening since last year...so for that I do apologize to Bud...and I should have done more research :)
    But I still do wish there was a mention in his immediate notes on the review.
  • VapeCritic
    you're right and i'm sorry, i need to make it more clear on my FF2 page that while I gave it a good review it's far from the right vape for everybody, I was way off on who would like that one, not my brightest moment. Have you had yours long?
  • DogstarNYC
    Only a week...I really wanna love it and will be using the great advice from past posts on here to get the most out of it....in the end I think I just want this unit to be awesome.
  • VapeCritic
    Cool what bothers you most is it the draw resistance?
  • BobaTheFett
    I love my firefly2 with a passion idk if I got lucky have a good unit or just got the complex technique down lol I nearly gave up but after a week or so I got it down best flavor and micro dosing unit interested to see the ghost stack up side by side
  • DogstarNYC
    Agreed!
    Keep up the good work and love this site
  • DogstarNYC

I think I have got a hang of the slow draw, it just doesn't deliver the 'med' and cloud I am used to...being my first vape I guess this is common also.
  • VapeCritic
    it takes a lot of patience you almost have to slow yourself down when you use it. Also for good vapor production it's very important to take a fairly long draw, because what happens with some vapes like the FF2 is most of the vapor is produced at the end of your hit. So what's weird is you could sometimes pull for 10 seconds and get barely anything but if you would have pulled for 15 seconds it would have been a huge cloud. If you find yourself really not liking it after a few more uses please send me a PM, I might be able to help get you something else.
  • BoomDraws
    based on your reviews I was leaning towards a FF2. But then I started digging through user reviews and saw a 50/50 split. Then in the nick of time, I caught the ghost review. Kind of glad I held off on ordering an FF2 esp now considering the ratings and price point.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment