• Baron23
    Why Why Why???Ta Ta

What, what, what?
  • Cl4ud3
    Haelthyrips stated their upcoming Fury was a new vape fully designed by them. Seems it isn't the case and there are other versions out there.
  • Baron23
    Yeah, I get that the OP posted links to two rebrands (well, somebody is rebranding something) but I thought perhaps the OP would like to elaborate a bit on what the hell he's asking? LOL :D
  • Ta Ta
    Your Right!!
  • duff
    Unfortunate that all of Healthy Rips efforts resulted in a vape that happens to look like another vape.
    :-|

They probably moved the heater.
  • Kakarot
    Well you cannot really argue with that... where Teece at ?????? LOL
  • Jake Miknuk
    Okay so guys I have the fury now. And it's awesome but haven't gotten to fully test it out because I've been sick. But yeah I was pretty bummed when I found out the fury is a ripoff of the sutra mini. But for what it is, the healthy rips fury is a better deal than the sutra because of the warranty because they are the same price. Plus I really like the other vape by them, the force, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they changed it up from the sutra
  • Magicman
    Funny that most the copycats try to copy the crafty.
  • Teece
    Teece here. Sorry about being off the grid for a couple of weeks - my wife and I have been in Southern California spending all of our time with our daughter who just gave birth to our new granddaughter :). Just got caught up with our team - and back to work now. How can I help?
  • Panetes
    Well , you can start by explaining why the Sutra Vape guys don't advertise their clone of the Fury as a convection vape while you guys do. If the Sutra Mini is a conduction vape as opposed to the supposedly convection-based Fury I would expect these two devices' guts to be VERY different.
    I ordered one of these things from you before seeing this thread and now I'm starting to feel scammed.
  • Teece

Hi Panetes,
    Sorry you feel that way - and thank you for asking for an explanation. We can assure you that our FURY is a 100% convection vaporizer - that is why you do NOT pack your material. The heating element is below the Chamber - so you need the heated air (convection) to flow easily throughout your material - which will give you perfectly browned ABV every time without ever needing to stir your material. If the FURY was a conduction vaporizer - you would need to pack your material in order for the chamber to 'cook' your material and it would require stirring as well. Please read our blog here: http://www.healthyrips.com/blog/convection-explained

The development of the FURY is a collaborative effort between us (Healthy Rips by Green Curative, Inc.) and our manufacturing plant. We are still a relatively small company and we did not quite have the resources to cover all of the substantial manufacturing expenses. Our manufacturing plant agreed to cover most of the expenses if they could recoup their costs by offering a version of the FURY to a couple of their other clients.

We don’t know anything about the Sutra company - but they presumably purchase their vaporizers from the same factory that we use. They were able to buy the same base design - but we have no idea what they specified for the design for their version of the FURY. So they either changed the internal design of their version or they don’t realize that they are selling a Convection Vaporizer.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns - we will gladly answer them all.

All the Best!
    Teece - Healthy Rips Team
  • Jake Miknuk
    First off, congratulations Teece! Thats awesome on the new granddaughter! And second, guys, Teece took the time to send me a detailed personal email when he saw what I had been saying on these forums, something I greatly appreciated. I haven't gotten the chance to see what the sutra mini is like but I'm sure it performs differently and is most likely a conduction vaporizer. Yes, the shell is the same but its what's on the inside that matters anyways. Right? 8-)
  • VapeCritic
    I actually got both of these vapes in the mail on the same day it was pretty funny :-!
  • VapeCritic
    Havent tested them yet though
  • Panetes
    Since you seem to be the only one with both units for comparison, would you mind dropping a line here once you've reviewed them both? It would be greatly appreciated
  • Baron23
    In particular, put in a load of herb, turn it on to temp, and let it sit. Then let us know if the load got cooked. This will tell us if its really convection or conduction, yeah? Load should not bake if its convection.
  • Panetes
    yeah well I'm still waiting for mine to arrive but I suppose it'll be quite obvious if it's not 100% convection. I have an arizer solo, which is supposed to be a "hybrid" (the bottom part in contact with the heating element gets cooked whether you inhale or not and the top part only gets cooked with the hot air as you inhale). I have a strong feeling this vape is going to be similar but I have no way of telling until it gets here.
  • Baron23
    Thanks, mate. Look forward to your report back (Y) 8-)
  • Teece

Hi Jake, Thank you for your well wishes and for being such an awesome client! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you :)

All the Best!
  • Jake Miknuk
    I have both units and I can tell you that it does cook the bowl a little so I honestly can't say that they are pure convection. But even the mighty and the crafty are hybrid convection/conduction and I honestly enjoy using both of these units more than my crafty. The taste is amazing. The only difference is the cooling chamber and mouthpiece does a better job at producing cooler vapor on the crafty. The vapor out of the fury and the force is a little hotter but the vapor still tastes amazing and you get giant clouds.
  • Teece

We can assure you that the FURY is 100% Convection - meaning that the Heating Element is below the Chamber but not contacting the Chamber. The Stainless Steel Chamber will naturally pick up heat from the Convection Heating Element due to it being directly below the Chamber. There is no heating element directly attached to the Chamber.
    You can read about this in our blog here: http://www.healthyrips.com/blog/convection-explained

In this image of the FURY design - notice how the cool air is heated below the Chamber and there is not a heating element attached to the Chamber:
    vn7dbh9368zean5w.gif

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

All the Best!
    Attachment
    FURYConvectionHeatingSystem (30K)
  • Jake Miknuk
    I mean it makes sense because it isn't applying direct heat but the heating system being that close makes the bowl conduct a little heat. But even though this does happen, the vape itself works wonderfully because the little bit of conduction allows major vapor production coupled with the convection. Pure on demand convection vaporizers are known to produce abysmal vapor production. I just really enjoy these vapes and I've used a lot of vaporizers. I lean towards the design of the force more because it's easier to use but the fury is nice for travel purposes. The way the chamber opens on the fury takes some practice but the way the vape performs is phenomenal.
  • Baron23
    Thank you. There is nothing like first hand reports from regular owners. I'm very glad you are enjoying your HR vapes and that they work well for you. That's all we are really about here, yeah?

Re: conduction vs convection....yeah, a little bit of conduction certainly doesn't hurt. Even the Enano, if you leave a loaded stem on the heater it will conduct to some extent as the bowl gets very hot and cook your herbs (very slowly but there is that component).

Cheers
  • Jake Miknuk
    any time! This forum is filled with amazing individuals who impress me daily with their knowledge of vaporizers and the vaporization process. With so many vaporizers out there it makes the process of buying one easier. Right now my list is probably, in order, 1. Vape exhale evo 2. Volcano 3. Da Vinci IQ 4. Healthyrips force 5. Crafty (putting it under the force because the craftys battery life sucks, the auto shut off timer is way too short, and it's way harder to clean than the force) 6. The fury and then a million other vapes and dead last is the Firefly 2. I hate that vape and it's performance sucks for a vape that costs so much
  • Jake Miknuk
    The mighty actually would probably be like number 3
  • Bodhi Naut
    I'm glad to hear your report @Jake Miknuk because I really like the form factor of the Fury/Sutra.
  • Jake Miknuk
    I can't comment on the sutra vape because I've never used it. Although it looks the same, it could be a completely different vape. It doesn't appear that it uses convection of any sort. The fury does. I haven't used the fury extensively but I like it so far. The force from healthyrips has definitely been tried and true and I can attest it's held up wonderfully in even the harshest conditions. But both of those healthyrips vapes have phenomenal taste and great vapor production. That's their claim to fame. The fury is nice because of the temperature control, the heat up time is crazy fast, and the vapor production is huge. It gets a little hotter to hold than the force but it never gets unbearably hot like my firefly 2 does. The only thing I don't like about the fury so far is the way that you open the chamber to load your material. You have to pop it off and the first few times I did it, I would fling the top across the room accidentally. But I have the hang of it now and its pretty simple to get open. The force is a lot easier to load because it has a magnetic top.
  • Jake Miknuk
    test these vapes please man! I would love to hear your review on them. Because I've used a lot of vapes but you've used them all haha. I just wanna see what your actual opinion is of them
  • VapeCritic
    Hey brotha I got them charging up now, and I actually just threw them both on the scale and there is a 2 gram difference in their weights, unsure of the reason for that at the moment, standby for my thoughts on any other differences.
  • Jake Miknuk
    yeah the force is lighter isn't it? I knew it, it feels lighter. And thanks brotha! I'm really interested to hear what you have to say
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment