• ilge
    So I am looking to buy my first vape. Just cant decide.
    What I want is an efficient vape that will last me a decade.

I have never tried any vape. Paprika is expensive here and vape is not a big thing (yet). I am not a heavy user. More like once maybe once a day, a few times during the weekends. I never smoke alone, always with my partner.

On one hand I like the idea of the Volcano. Seems to be very efficient and will last me a life time.
    But the DaVinci IQ also seems enticing. I know totally different vapes. But this vape has a interchangeable battery, that hopefully translates into a longer life. And the idea of having a stealthy vape that I can bring with me is very enticing. Well now you might tell me what about the FireFly2, its efficient and portable. I dont really like the idea of the stirring when I am on the go, rather just buy the Volcano then and sip at home, and also dont like tech gadgets without interchangeable batteries, they never last seem to last me, call me biased.

So what I want to know. If you could own only vape. That will need to last you years to come. Would you get a portable vape? IQ? Or you would get a desktop vape? Volcano? Plenty?

How much more efficient is Volcano compared to the IQ. Aprox? And lets say you also use the IQ with the glass spacers to keep the amounts down. Does it waste more? Aprox how much more?

Been reading reviews, this forum and videos for over a month and cant seem to be able to decide.
  • Richard Powell
    Defifinetly get a portable vape. Being plugged in keeps you in one spot. But the volcano is very good at doing what it does. I think for your first vape you should try the IQ, only because the removable battery is a plus. Also the glass spacers can help save on weed. But you're already doing that using a vaporizer so just enjoy a full bowl you an your partner. The IQ is a good vaporizer. If you want to get a mighty I would wait until later this year. They MIGHT release the mighty 2, hopefully with a removable battery an refreshing new features.
  • Baron23
    No, given your criteria....very efficient and will last a decade (as in 10 years or more) I would definitely NOT get a portable of any manner or make.

In my opinion, THE most reliable, robust, nothing to break, great extraction, works perfectly with loads down as small as .05 grams, is a log vape and I recommend the Enano by Epic Vape.

https://epicvape.com/product-category/e-nano/

Log vapes are an old design but they are still selling and adored by their owners cause its STILL a completely current and relevant, full convection, design and they are so simple they will last and last, IMO.

Cheers
  • Biz
    Arizer Solo (2)
  • Kakarot
    In my personal opinion The DaVinci IQ is one of the best vapes portable or not available. The only reason some people do not want to admit this is because they are haters of conduction. The IQ does conserve it is not the best in that department but you can take a few draws kick it off,stir it up and it will be fine for later and considering you can pack as much as .7 or .8 potentially a oven load could last you a full day. The Mighty is great, you can use the dosing caps and conserve a great amount of material, personally I have FireFly 2.. I got it before the IQ and I hate to say it because of the hype and price tag but the FF2 is the biggest piece of crap "pure convection" vape I have ever seen. In terms of a desktop I am a big fan of The Plenty by S&B you can get a reducer chamber to use with the dosing caps and again it becomes great for conservation BUT, if you are having a sesh with your partner you would prolly just wanna use the regular chamber it comes with... I hope you can find one that is right for you. Also The Plenty produces about the strongest vapor of any vape period and it is very smooth and tasty Cheers man.
  • ilge

I hear what you are saying. But I dont want to "try" and dont want a "first" vape. I am on the other side of the pond. I want to do a one time investment that can carry me for years to come.

├łuropean store dont seem to carry those....

Well I still biased with gadgets that dont have interchangeble batteries. So no way...
  • ilge
    I didnt really get an answer to the question I was looking for tho. Efficiency.
    So lets say you have 0.5grams of herb to smoke all at once for 2 people. In terms of packing a punch. Which vape would get the best results?
  • jnick
    from what i have read, i dont own one, desktop vapes like the volcano and plenty are more efficient with small or large amounts. I own an IQ and LOVE it. i've had it since its release(about 7 months) and no signs of degradation. Both the IQ and desktops like the volcano/plenty are great vapes, i think you would be happy with either. The question you need to answer is do you want a portable or desktop. If you have no need to ever take the vape on the go, just get a volcano or plenty, they have a proven track record and are from a reliable company with decent warranty program. If you think there is chance that in ten years your going to want to carry a vape somewhere or travel with it get an IQ. They also have a great warranty program i think 5 or 10 year...
  • Baron23
    ├łuropean store dont seem to carry those....ilge

Well, nobody sells Enanos except their manufacturer, Epic Vape. They will ship to EU but it will require a transformer:
    "No, we do not currently make a 220v version. However you can use the E-Nano utilizing a small 220v-110v minimum 50 watt step down converter."

But there are also other log vapes which I believe are available in the EU. Might want to read this short thread here:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/ordering-a-log-vape-from-europe-germany-specifically.23590/

This guy is based out the UK and makes logs:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/homegrownlogs.21299/

Not sure you can find exactly what you want, but there is more info for you to look over.

Cheers
  • ilge

I would rather not deal with customs, VAT and different power plugs.
  • Jake Miknuk
    the crafty or the mighty are your best portable options. I've heard extremely good things about the da Vinci iq though
  • Jack-vic
    The Arizer air : Good vapor, replaceable battery and good build quality.
    Haze v3 : Versatile on the go, dual chambers, very good build quality and
    replaceable battery.

Mighty : Very good at everything but no dual chambers and no replaceable
    battery. And its a bit big.

Thats the portables I can mention that will last you and has replaceable battery, the IQ you already know about.
    The mighty has no replaceable battery but I have heard its very reliable.
  • seaofgreens

Any vape listed here is going to get 2 folks blasted off .5 grams. That is a huge load for these vapes, except possibly the plenty.

Most people consider an "efficiency," vape to use .05-.1 grams at a time max.

As Baron23 mentioned, a log vape would be best for a plug in with efficiency. Check out Home Grown Logs, a UK based log company. (http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/homegrownlogs.21299/) Just mail the OP and you can get a log for 99 Pounds. Very good price.

Vapman is also super efficient with herbs, and is made in Switzerland.

The Vapcap series from Vaposhop is literally as efficient as it gets, and there is a rabid fanbase that absolutely loves these fwiw.

Mighty, Volcano, Plenty and Crafty all made in Germany. None of these are particularly efficient, but they all pack a punch.

in terms of what will last 10 years? Well, the battery based ones will at least need new batteries every so often. And their circuitry is only warrantied for a couple to five years, and will not last 10 years in all likelihood.

Hence my preference for flame based vapes in this situation. Butane can be bought anywhere and is very cheap. The vapes will last a lifetime, the functions are not affected by wiring or any electronic failures. They are efficient and effective.

My guess is you will probably prefer the Log or Volcano, if you are unwilling to give flame powered vapes a shot. This is based on the idea you use mostly once, once a day, so being stationary doesn't really seem an issue, and you want something that is going to last. The Log is going to be way more efficient than the Volcano though. fwiw.
  • ilge

This! This was the answer I was waiting for! Thanks!

I am now considering getting the Plenty + VapCap. Its seems to be a good in investment. Mostly a home user, so Plenty would help me there. And the few time I hit it outside, thats where VapCap would come in handy. The two together is still cheaper than an IQ or a Volcano. The Plenty has been around for a while and seems to have longetivity.

I looked at the different log vapes, they seem interesting, but I would definately rather go for a vape made by a company with a track record. Just a personal preference. And it seems that the European guys who make log vapes have a pretty decent wait times. Thats also something I dont really want to get into. :)

I am still listening for arguments.
    As of right now leaning towards Plenty + VapCap combo.
  • Baron23
    deleted due to me posting before comprehending! LOL
  • waxfiend
    how are the clouds on the enano? Does it give big solid hits? This looks interesting
  • Baron23
    You can do pretty much all of it on an Enano. If you want maximum taste trying out some new herb, just turn it down a bit. If you want thick clouds (like me), then just up a bit.

All Enano's use an analog potentiometer for a temp dial and they are all slightly different. That is, I may like 6.5 on the dial (which I do) but the equivalent on yours may be 6.25 on the dial.

Typical load size is about .5 - .7 g of dried fine ground herb and I can drain it in three to four draws. But it also runs well with hand torn nugs stuffed in there. It does benefit from a stirring but its a home unit and you have to take the stem off the heater anyway so this really doesn't seem to have a impact on me.

Don't get me wrong...I think the Evo is probably the biggest cloud generator in my small collection, but the Enano is reliable, versatile, full convection, very efficient. I have not regretted buying an Enano even for a moment.

Cheers
  • frandemarco
    Stronger than the EVO??
  • Kakarot
    Well the EvO is a desktop and the IQ is a portable and a damn good portable, also just because the IQ is conduction do not let it effect your choice as all the rage seems to be convection, because the IQ has the best taste in my opinion of any vape out now portable or desktop I have used a EVO and I would have to say that it is probably stronger than the IQ, Then again ever since I got my IQ I have stopped using my mighty,plenty and FF2, so it is all your personal preference.
  • frandemarco
    Sorry I was referring to your comment of being the plenty being the hardest hitting desktop even more so than the EVO? I like conduction but sometimes I dont feel vaping long to get where I need so I'm looking for a good convection vape
  • Kakarot
    Oh yeah to me the Plenty is stronger than the EVO.. Like Bud said there is just something about it, I think it is the surface area as well... The vapor just knocks me on my ass every time, I am usually flat stoned 3 drags into the Plenty.
  • frandemarco
    Awww man and I thought the EVO knocked me out I will have to own this since you have the option of a smaller chamber. Oh well guess Im going to just have to great desktops. Thanks man for sharing your experience on it.
  • Kakarot
    Hell yeah lol @frandemarco its funny because I am gettin a EVO here soon... I have been wanting one but I put it off for the IQ.. I love the hydratube and the fact its bongish
  • frandemarco
    How is the IQ compared to the Crafty? Haven't had any problems YET out of it, but the IQ looks promising.

The Hydra tubes are the best man thats why I haven't even thought about another desktop
  • Kakarot
    Well in my case I have a Mighty not a Crafty but VS the Mighty... the only thing the mighty really beats the IQ in is potency of the vapor and it really does not beat it by much.As far as portability,stealth,taste,and smoothness in my opinion the IQ wins.
  • frandemarco
    Hmmm that sounds very interesting then, I'll have to give that a try
  • Kakarot
    I hope you really do decide to because you won't be disappointed (I hope not at least lol)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment