• Evan22
    both are nice
  • Kakarot
    IQ,IQ,IQ,IQ MY GOD THE IQ..... I have them both and The Fire Fly 2 sucks ass.... The IQ really is only 2nd best to The Mighty for the love of god get the IQ.
  • Kakarot
    And get the Nectar Collector HoneyBird Combo with it... trust me you will not regret it. 8-)
  • Jake Miknuk
    Definitely second kakarot. Firefly 2 sucks. I haven't used the iq personally but I haven't heard anything bad about it except for the little ball on the bowl coming loose but that's only if you loosen it on purpose
  • Biz
    Aside with those unsubstantiated and biased black and white opinions up there.

Here is the main deciding factor: do you want to session vape, or do you want to on-demand vape?

IQ: Great session vape, requires a finer grind due to conduction heating and if you will sit down and vape an entire bowl in one sitting, this is what you want. If you often share the vape, this one will work.

FF2: Great on-demand vape that requires a mid to coarse grind and your choice if you want to take a puff here and there without having to finish the entire bowl. If you usually vape alone, this will suit.
  • Kakarot
    Once again @Biz throwin out some propaganda, I got the FireFly 2 before the IQ. The FF2 has tons of glitches, it is half ass on demand heating, it burns your material even on medium high heat and with power tune to 95. It is also like sucking a golf ball through a straw the draw resistance is horrible. The battery fails, the LED light blinks random colors, the battery life on the app does not work it either shows full or half full, the only positive is the ease of cleaning with the FF2, I would also not consider the FF2 to be a True Portable vape as there are to many little quirks you have to do to get it to work right, including taking the lid off to stir every other hit you can use wax/oil with it but really even in that department it is not great but it is better than using it with dry herb it just is not worth the money man. The IQ is not just a session vape... you can take 1 or 2 big ass drags and then turn it off,stir you material up and sit it down for later if that is what you want. The draw resistance is ALMOST free flowing... It is easy as hell to clean, has a removable battery. It is conduction BUT it taste is just as good as any pure convection vape, the app and smart paths are kick ass,the LED display and battery life are spot on and you get the option to buy a 70$ Nectar Collector HoneyBird combo to go with it (little portable bubbler) and the Vapor is thick soooo damn flavorful and smooth, again really the only vape you can compare the IQ to is The Mighty and the IQ in my opinion only falls short to it in the potency department... then again what portable can fully match the potency of The Mighty lol... The IQ comes damn close, I also want to add that THE IQ is a REAL PORTABLE VAPE especially with the flat mouth piece, it fits almost anywhere and is really durable and just feels tough! The only con I can find with the IQ is the long ass time it takes to charge the battery but that is really not a big deal... Just get the IQ you will be very happy and luv it long time @Evan22 :-!
  • Biz
    I've taken the time to write an honest review mentioning all the pros and cons here: https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/1213/ff2-longer-term-impressions

Since I am a fancy man with patience and consideration, the FF2 does fine and its benefits far outweigh its shortcomings. Then again, I am not sucking in enough 'paprika' to speak from the seat of enlightenment embedded within the 5th dimension that you so often frequent, so who am I to assume that our worlds overlap enough to continue wasting time on an argument.
  • Kakarot
    I am just speaking that if the guy wants a vape that is a real portable and easy to draw from, no stirring,is actually stealth, A++ vapor and gets you actual clouds of strong vapor.. he needs to go with the IQ, I am going to do a video and compare them both while doing a demo with them.. because for 329$ the Fire Fly 2 does not perform the way it should. The FireFly 2 does not do fine for a "Portable" it is a piece of shit, seriously? Ask around this forum man alot of people will agree that The Fire Fly 2 is a huge ass let down and not worth the $$, I am NO @VapeCritic but I am honest.
  • DregerUS
    I'm with you
    If I was going to get something really cool, portable, that I would want to show my friends
    It would be the IQ. I had a Pax and the IQ looks premium, and has that New Generation look.
    You can see there's a lot of thought put into that product.

The FF2 looks like a simple premium MFLB. Sacrificed functionality for Simplicity mflb
  • miklo
    If you have a high IQ, you will pick the IQ
  • Bruce
    I think the IQ is the best dry herb portable vaporizer on the planet (Mars too soon). The FF2 is a dual purpose vape (Dry Herbs and Concentrates). I have had the IQ since 11/16 it's brand new every time.
  • Baron23
    To me, these are facts derived from my experiences and perusing a lot of other forums:

1. Many people love the FF2 and thinks it works perfectly for its intended purpose

2. Many people fucking hate the FF2 and think its a complete and utter rip-off

3. Many people seem to love the IQ

4. I tried an IQ and thought the draw resistance and efficiency fell far short of my requirements and in comparison to other vapes I own.

Cheers
  • Jack-vic
    I have the FF2 and have not tried the IQ.
    My FF2 works great for me but after hearing so much positive things about the IQ I think its the better bet between the two of them if you want results out of the box.
    Less learning with the IQ.
  • Bruce
    Just get the IQ.
  • VapeCritic
    I made a brief comparison page if you haven't seen it yet: https://www.vapecritic.com/davinci-iq-vs-firefly-2/

From that page: "As far as portable vaporizers go the DaVinci IQ and the Firefly 2 are pretty much on opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to how they work and perform."

Everyone else is giving great feedback too, they both happen to be vapes that a lot of people love and a lot of people hate.
  • Jack-vic
    Hear hear.

Love how fast you can get a draw from the FF2
  • Kakarot
    FireFly 2 VS DaVinci IQ (The Showdown)

A flat out comparison of how they work, draw resistance, vapor production and performance overall.. I think you will find the video very helpful.
  • Biz
    Yet here I am with the FF2, blowing clouds with a glowing head?

Keep trying.

When the student is ready, the master appears.
  • Kakarot
    I would really like to see your definition of a thick cloud.....
  • Biz
    On par with the Solo but certainly with more effort to get it right.
  • Kakarot
    A Solo does not really produce that dense of a vapor cloud, can't speak for the solo 2 because I have not used it. I am not disputing the fact that the FF2 will produce visible vapor... but as far as a dense cloud like the IQ or Mighty.. It just does not do it, even pulling at a medium low force for 10-15 seconds you exhale the equivalent of a 5 Second Mighty or IQ draw... My problem with the FF2 is the fact they say portable but it really is not a portable.. It is a cordless home vape... I can see myself taking the FF2 to a concert and telling someone hold on a sec let me hit this and I end up missing a entire song because I am pulling trying to get a decent dose... Then after that having to bust out my tool and stir the material put the lid back on and resume vaping... Sorry but that is not portable and its not worth 329$. Even being a wine connoisseur does not involve as much when tasting the wine as the so called bullshit "technique" when hitting a FF2... You are probably feeling the effects from lack of oxygen from having to pull for so long to get that little puff of vape....
  • Jake Miknuk
    I'm just gonna put my two cents in on the firefly 2 debate. I have definitely heard a lot of good things about the firefly 2 and that's why I bought it a while ago. With that said, I definitely got a crappy unit and I think that I have read enough reviews to know that half of the units they sent out are bunk and half work really well. I wish I could've gotten a good unit because I really like the idea of the firefly 2 but my unit not only produces terrible vapor(hot, light, and tastes terrible) but it's dangerous. It will start heating without me pushing any buttons down. So in my experience, I hate it. But if you're lucky enough to get a well working unit, then I'm sure it's an awesome vape. I just wouldn't recommend taking that 300 dollar gamble.
  • Bodhi Naut
    I sure hope you returned that for warranty repair, @Jake Miknuk
  • Biz
    Again Kakarot my Paprika-infused friend, I would not deny the need to stir the FF2 every 2-3 pulls for ideal effect (although I simply use my finger, pull the material out and then rearrange it before putting it back into the bowl instead of using a stir tool) - but that's fine for me because I do not use it other than at home or sometimes at the beach where I have plenty of time.

If you want a vape to use out of the home, a Crafty may be a good choice. I really like the performance and ability to stow away between draws without the mouthpiece protruding.

I think I am just the ideal customer for the FF2 use case and therefore have no issues with it. I chose it over the IQ because of the smaller bowl and more efficient on-demand capability.

Sorry to hear about Jake's faulty unit. If you're getting hot and bad tasting vapor out of the FF2, something is truly wrong.

Also, people need to make sure they use the right grind (medium 4pc space case seems perfect in my case), pack it correctly (fluffy and slightly domed so the lid wedges it in), and then make sure the lid seal is clean and seated properly. I keep mine very clean and never have issues - there were some tripping up LEDs and odd issues that a battery swap would always fix when I first had it, but for a long time everything worked perfectly since.

I can understand that people may take issue with the FF2 and its fuss as compared to other units given the price, but that does not really matter to me as long as it does what I want.

I will replace the FF2 as soon as a higher quality on-demand portable with exchangeable batteries and a small bowl with clean vape path comes around, be it the FF3 or any other proper vape. Until then I am a happy user!
  • Kakarot
    Is it a coincidence that both @Jack-vic and my unit both produce burn/charred tasting vapor and mine produces visibly charred material set on Medium-High heat and tuned to 95??? @Biz I know how to grind material, I know how to pack it and there is no amount of "technique" that fixes this. I have a Mighty,IQ & FireFly 2 for portables... I liked my FF2 the first 2 times I used it and then it started screwing up, I tried to send it back to get my money refunded and they just wanted to give me a new lid WtF? Then wanted to "fix" it but then stated if there "techs" did not find anything wrong with it they were going to charge me... So I opted to just keep it, what in the hell kind of service is that... also for 329$ if half the units are faulted why do they not acknowledge this and send out replacements for customers???? The company is a joke and so is the vape, please do not insult my intelligence, also the comment about me sucking down enough "Paprika" to get to the 5th... it is not the quantity but quality, when you have medication that is running 25 to 27% PAP and has 10% CBD you really do not need to vape very much material in fact my daily intake is about .5 grams, you might want to invest in one of these short of having to send your herbs to a LAB to get percentages,terps,flaves and Cannabinoids tested, www.cdxlife.com which in my opinion is the best thing ever invented, you are aware of terpenes and flavonoids they also have a medical effect, Not to mention-

Cannabigerols (CBG);
    Cannabichromenes (CBC);
    Cannabidiols (CBD);
    Tetrahydrocannabinols (THC);
    Cannabinol (CBN) and cannabinodiol (CBDL);
    Other cannabinoids (such as cannabicyclol (CBL), cannabielsoin (CBE), cannabitriol (CBT) and other miscellaneous types)

I am actually rather educated when it comes to botany and "Paprika", what it does to the body and mind. Smoking, vaping and ingesting orally they all have different effects and not alot of people really know that Vaping is actually stronger than smoking, the more you know I guess, Reading Rainbow FtW. :-!
  • Jake Miknuk
    I tried but it was a nightmare the first time because a million people were trying to send in their units for repair and the customer service was terrible. But I reached out to them again a week ago and they were a lot more accommodating so now I just need to send it in.
  • Jake Miknuk
    Btw biz and kakarot stop fighting. This vape is definitely a touchy one because either people absolutely love it or they hate it. It depends on the particular unit you received. So I totally understand that when it works perfect that it is an outstanding vape. I will say that for the premium price tag, the quality control on this vape seems to be lacking. There shouldn't be that many defective units out there and there are a ton of them.
  • Kakarot
    I gracefully bow out... I got nothin but luv for @Biz
  • seaofgreens
    You ever wonder if your FF2 is malfunctioning? Why would it be charring on medium high? It is not supposed to do that, Why not make sure with Firefly that you don't need to send your unit in for work? Sure seems like you are basing your opinions off of a malfunctioning unit?

Just curious man, no agro.
  • Kakarot
    There has been reports that over half the units are defective, I wanted my money back, they would not give me a refund. I was going to send it in to be fixed but then they advised me that if their "experts" did not find anything wrong with it I would be billed 30$, which is a load of shit and seems like a scam in its-self. For 329$ they should replace the damn thing at least once, I am happy for people like @Biz that like it/ got a unit that works right, but for me this experience has ruined my outlook on this company. I will never buy anything from them again.
  • Baron23
    Btwbiz and kakarot stop fighting. This vape is definitely a touchy one because either people absolutely love it or they hate it. It depends on the particular unit you received. So I totally understand that when it works perfect that it is an outstanding vape. I will say that for the premium price tag, the quality control on this vape seems to be lacking. There shouldn't be that many defective units out there and there are a ton of them.Jake Miknuk

This ^^ >:)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet