• JMM
    I know people on here mention cartridges from time to time but I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread where people could mention ones that they have tried and liked or not liked and talk about the reasons why. I'm not that experienced with them, but here is my rundown so far:

Using KP battery on purple setting for all of these.

Brand/Flavor/Thoughts:

ROVE - Dream - Excellent. Flavor was great and it seemed to last me a really long time. Effects were strong. Would purchase again.

710 King pens - King Louis XIII - Excellent. Once again lasted forever and tasted great. Glass cartridge.

Bloom - Blue Dream - Excellent, but a plastic cartridge instead of glass or quartz, so the taste wasn't the best. Especially towards the end. It did last quite a while though.

THClear - Fruity Pebbles - Above average. Taste wise, and effects wise, excellent. However, I am not using it any more than previous cartridges and it seems to be using up quite fast. Not sure if it is leaking or what. Also, plastic.
  • AVENTUS
    Until there is a standard glass/ceramic/quartz/steel, wick-free, plastic free, low temp cartridge, and long shelf life for pre-decarbed (THC) oils I'm sticking with sealed bottom, low temp, coil-free pens and stable, long-shelf-life THCa concentrates.

I know a few firms out west are very close to a long shelf life designer distillate cartridge that meets all the aforementioned specs.
  • Moe
    Brass knuckles are really good and Americana cartridges are good too. Flavor is really good on both. But brass knuckles taste a little better and last just a little bit more. I want to try the 710 king pens I heard they are the best.
  • miklo
    I also use brass knuckles. I like them the best. Great flavor, strong effect and they last a good while. Whenever I let someone take a hit, they always comment about the flavor and how good it taste. The cartridges are quartz. I used to use the honey vape ones but they were a pain sometimes because you have to carry a lighter to warm it up almost every time.
    They have some new ones from Flight Farm at my local shop. I am curious to try.
  • Ricky
    Any one try auto dabber cartridge?
    A few brands
    Shatter oil
    Amazing
  • DabConnection
    I have found the best cartridge to be the ones by Moxie. I had a Blueberry strain and it was an incredible taste. They sold out fast as well.
  • newcastle
    I've tried Kurvana's Girl Scout Cookies and enjoyed it.
    For safety concerns (real or perceived),I try to stay away from carts when I can. The Kurvana website mentions there are no Glycols/PG/PEG or Additives, but the cart itself has plastic, a wick, etc. Also have the pax era with some Bloom pods (they too claim no additives).

They cart/pod convenience is great, especially when sharing with people.
  • Baron23
    Well, they are all pretty much different offerings state by state, yeah?

I was in WA state last week and went with a friend to a dispensary looking for, among others, a quality cartridge.

Table stakes was no PG/VG/PEG and any terps used to thin would have to be cannabis derived.

The tender showed me her collection and the Nectar stood out heads and shoulders above the cheaper plastic carts with cotton wicks.

This is a link: https://nectar-craft.myshopify.com/

Here is an excerpt:

Founded by a small team of dedicated entrepreneurs in Washington State with combined decades of experience in chemistry, horticulture and technology, Nectar Craft creates the cleanest, safest, and highest quality enriched cannabis extracts available today. Our oil is produced for the Washington i502 recreational market by Circanna in the SODO district of downtown Seattle and is available from the best retailers in the state.

Nectar designs its offerings for the discerning cannabis consumer. You won’t find any glycol, glycerin, chemical additives or artificial flavors here; our small batch, whole plant, strain specific oils preserve the naturally occurring terpenes so you can taste and experience the plant. Since we use locally sourced cannabis grown with organic methods and CO2 to extract our oils, there are zero residual contaminants in our products.

Nectar cartridges are made from stainless steel and Pyrex glass for unsurpassed durability, reliability and an exceptional user experience. No plastics or potentially toxic glues here to contaminate your oil. These can be refilled up to ten times to prevent waste.
    — Nectar

I got Granddaddy Purp and used it through out my trip and liked it a lot.

Now, a 1 g cart was list price of $70 but if you have a med card its 20% off and priced at $64.
  • DabConnection
    You are right that overall straight high quality wax on a good pen is better. Finally got to try THCa last week. Amazing stuff, so strong!
  • waxfiend
    I really have not found a pre-fill that I like yet but that very well could be just what we have available here. FlavRx is everywhere but did not like the taste on that.
  • AVENTUS
    So Brass knuckles cartridges are Quartz ? Are they wickless ? Plastic free ? How about 710 King ? Quartz/steel free of plastic ?
  • miklo
    it says "superior quartz cartridge" on the package. I dont know about the wick. Im gonna try and open up and old one, lets take a look.
  • miklo
    I tried one once and I remember it being pretty good but the cartridge opened up in my pocket and spilled out. I never tried them again.
  • JMM
    The 710 King was definitely glass and metal, no wick, but not sure if it is quartz and steel.

Glad to see people posting reviews though, this way we can all help each other avoid lower quality and potentially hazardous brands. I want to try a brass knuckles one next, they have them everywhere in LA. Also, Alpine looks interesting.
  • AVENTUS
    Yeah seriously, a collective effort of honest safety-minded real world feedback, to bankrupt the crappy plastic & wick cartridge firms. The Connoisseur oil firms already know better than to let their wonderful oils be mixed with dilutant and placed it plastic to be burned with coils/wicks.

So now if we can contribute to the overall consumer awareness we will all have better selection !
  • Moe
    @JMM you won't regret getting a Brass Knuckles. My favorite flavor is the Abracadaora. Taste just like lime. Grape Ape is also good I use that one to put me to sleep.
  • DabConnection
    Are they adding flavor to these at Brass Knuckles or are these the natural flavors coming from the strain?
  • Moe
    Their description :

Brass Knuckles does it correct when it comes to Product and Potency! SC lab-tested Brass Knuckles provide the ultra sleek, sturdy and long lasting the clear quality Vape Oil. SC Lab Tested up to 87% potency, this 1 Full Gram Cart delivers with clean double distillation solvent less process to bring you the highest quality cannabis oil! With all natural terpenes and flavors in multiple choices!
  • Moe
    They also have this one:

qtwaojraej5jmt81.png
    Attachment
    Screenshot_20170518-172007 (179K)
  • Baron23
    I believe that the Nectar cart I referenced above has a quartz or ceramic wick. Definitely NOT cotton or the like.
  • JMM
    Awesome I will be on the lookout for those! Thanks for the recommendation.

Nice! I haven't seen those in California yet, but will be on the lookout for those as well.
  • Baron23
    Yeah, WA state only. To expand they need to line up an oil processor and distributor in other states as loaded carts cannot cross state lines. Same with the Pax Era....only CA and CO right now.

Cheers
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet