• VapeCritic
    Next week my shipment of NewVape rosin presses is getting delivered, I bought two different setups to review, one setup comes to less than $1000 total and the other setup is a little over $3000. I wanted to get both presses to compare because I know the number of people looking to spend big bucks is limited.

I went to their factory and saw these being made in person and the materials they're made of, these are the real deal and will last forever.

I was just wondering how many of you guys would be interested in rosin press reviews, and also if you had any questions about them that I can make sure to answer in my videos.

Thanks!!
  • Cl4ud3
    Would be quite interesting even if it isn't something I will be buying. Not sure I've seen a real review of a proper press, just the small < $200 ones.
  • Bruce
    Rosin press is interesting stuff. I made my own unconventionally, and it was amazing. I would imagine a press would be worth its weight in gold. It's like food, there's nothing like homemade.

Looking forward to seeing the reviews.

Maybe, now you can change your name to the Vape and Press Critic. (LOL)
  • Baron23
    Most definitely would like to hear about it....with plenty of pics/video, please >:)
  • Gman
    I've built 4x6 wood insulated plates from NewVape on a 20T and I love them.

i also have the NugSmasher Mini and a Dwalt DIY. I think you should review user size presses as well if you can. Or I'll review the NS for you lol.
  • VapoManiak
    It would be lovely to see reviews of the presses, too. Count me in!
  • DregerUS
    mannnnn you is crazyaaaa
  • waxfiend
    Press reviews would be great if you could get some of them on here. Would be great to see some of the cheaper ones too.
  • sote23
    I would be interested as well. I just started looking into rosin. I think rosin will become more popular in the future.
  • VapeCritic
    Oh hell yea!!!!!

dpam964aoqma8bu3.jpg
  • GlamourGamer
    Yes! Review please!
  • Hitz
    man o man what kind of craziness is in that box!
  • Gman
    oh man, you're all set. Some helpful tips;
    1. While oil slick extra duty silicon release paper is super strong, it's also too slippery to press without filters. Even with filters, it'll tend to slide around and with your device being directional flow, it'll slide around and out of place easily. So your basic silicon parchment should do.

2. Temps; If pressing flower, 180f is about the lowest you can go, but with that machine you've got you should be able to press at 180 with ease. You can go up to 220 and sometimes above, but it degrades the resin faster. Luckily you have directional flow and can try to get the resin off the plates asap.

3. Yield; yield will go up if you go higher temps, but then you lose terps and flavour in the process. A good place to start with any new strain is 200f and see what that gives you. Avg is 16-22%. if you are seeing a good yield, try dropping it down to 180 and see how much that yields. If you dont' like the yield you are seeing at 200, bump it up to 220f.

4. Consistency; If you press it hot and high it'll tend to be glassy, clear and snap/pull. If you press it low and long it'll be more budder and turn to crumble easier. this is so much easier to work. Both to collect and use.

5. Press time; You don't want to smash it down full tilt right away, you need to press it a bit to heat it up and get the juices flowing. Listen for the sizzle and pops. You'll hear it start to flow. Then ramp it up, steady.

6. Pressing with Filters; They always help when doing more than a couple g's at a time. And the end product will always be cleaner. The best fold method is first flipping the bag inside out, so any lose bits are inside the package. Place the bag on the table vertically and folding the coroners up inside the bottom so they don't stick out. Stuff the flowers in hard and tight, pulling up the sides of the bags to make it as wrinkle free as possible. Then cut the top down enough that you can fold the top like a gift so all the flaps are in the middle. Open the plates just enough to slide the bag in (in between parchment) so that the plates hold the folds closed. Press SLOW, you need to heat it up as the plates come down together. This can take a minute or two. Once it's right near the bottom, just enough to still see in between, wait. Listen and watch, you'll see it start to flow and hear it. Now you can complete the press. This folding method prevents any corners from sticking out and collecting material, so you never have to hit it twice like this. You can hit it a second time of course, but it's not going to be great and this method gets max 1 hit yields.
  • VapeCritic
    I went and saw how this is made in person, and came home and immediately bought one 8-) I paid for this!

I got a cheaper version too to review for you guys, a setup that all said and done is under $1000, still really good though, but this Micro 20 press is a little over $3k, it's ballin
  • Baron23
    I can see it now....three days later....like Dad on x-mas morning trying to put the swing set together! ;) LOL

Looking forward to the reports and review.
  • Bruce
    Woah, Is that heaven? I am not worthy! I am Not Worthy!

Does that mean you have as much resin as you want? UNLIMITED power!

I bought from someone who had a press. Oh, my it looked like honey and there was no chemical taste.
  • AVENTUS
    I feel like there is a market for these reviews since so many states don't have recreational or medical, and therefore lack easy access to super high quality concentrates.
  • VapeCritic
    Priceless tips, I thank you kindly!
  • Kakarot
    Put some of that honey in a jar and send it a packin!!! I will do a free review... :-! I am actually about to make some with a flat iron, Iron board and my body weight lol it should be fantastic.... I always get good honey that way but it is to much bullshit and I am to cheap to drop 1 grand on a press hehe I like flower to much anyway.
  • Hitz
    Thanks for the link! At first I was like ONLY $250 :-O !! After reading further down I saw that was just the deposit :-!

Man i really want to learn more about these, thanks for the crash course (Y)
  • DaveinSM
    I have one of those little pollen presses that looks like an ink stamper. It would be cool if Bud or someone else knowledgeable here could give us a general primer on how/why these specialty cannabis processes work. My experience with vaping cannabis is limited to flower and some concentrates, but I haven't been able to get consistently good results from concentrates. Plus, they seem to be messier, harder to handle in many cases, and less cost-effective than regular bud. Concentrates are fast and clean, but other than that (?)
  • waxfiend
    that looks like a heavy duty press... can't wait to see the review if this is good or not. I wonder how much it would get back and if its worthwhile to buy nugs to throw in or you really gotta grow to make it worth it
  • Bruce
    Yo' Yo' Yo Critic, What do you do with the herbs at the end. I am sure your experience is different than mine, from my hair straightener experience the buds fall apart all dried out.

What's in Your Rosin Press?

You Have Just Been Vaporized, By The One and Only:

^ ^ ^ T h e V a p e M a s t e r ^ ^ ^
  • Sfumato
    I was interested till I found out that the difference between pressed and unpressed weed in my state is a felony.
  • Gman
    You can do a few things. Grind and vape, boil with coconut oil to make treats, or do an ISO or EC wash and make some wax.
  • VapeCritic
    hey man i'm going over ur tips again now thanks again bro, very very helpful, i'm doing a test run now and had one question, should i be grinding the bud first or just breaking it by hand?
  • VapeCritic
    also i have a pre-press whats the best way to use that?
  • Gman
    Do not grind it, you can pre-press it a bit but no grinding. You can pollinate and then filter press the keif but not for full flowers. Just put them in the pre-press evenly and give it a light squeeze, you don't want to prepress hard or the resin won't flow out of it easily.

Are you using filters at all?
  • VapeCritic
    perfect timing thanks!!!
  • Gman
    haha thanks! and I did edit to answer your second question just fyi :)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment