• bum karacho
    looks like a plastic clamp, but if it works i like it.

i like also this one , but i dont own it.... i olso want a 200 bucks or less press, i´m also just thinking loud

Mod note : Posts merged
  • Zep4
    This looked interesting...
    https://youtu.be/PwwxFh01X-U
    m5r9hme4pfpbr1dq.jpeg
  • Karec
    i already took a look at the Ju1ce press, looks like a cheaper version of a press and for newbies looks very interesting.
    I think is to expensive, i will buy a clamp like this or similar and since my straightener is breaking im going to make some DYI, maybe it won't look so cool but im interested in results.
    I think i will choose a more heavy duty clamp

w9rex0rfg7605f7a.png
    dv2uet63eg0x2mm0.png

Cheers :cool:
  • Zep4
    Thanks for xpanding our universe in your own way:)
  • Cannabliss420
    I smmy77hc6cc4tgyb9.jpg
    oon want to get the my press rosin press. 430.00
    Presses 6 tons of pressure, 3 in plates, count down timer, temp 0-280 , lifetime warranty. Looks very portable. I saw Ruffhouse review on youtube and found code that works for 10% and free shipping
    RUFFHOUSE
  • Vapeur Rogue
    @VapeCritic

I would be very interested in Rosin Press reviews!
  • Señor Negro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbbKml45tTs Best Rosin Press for $650? - RosinPressNY Review
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apr49dQPhPA NewVape 20-Ton Rosin Press Review & Demo (Micro-20)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rYXJCUqqpQ 20-Ton Rosin Press 7g Squish
  • Zep4
    b98w3913qgncna5j.jpeg
    https://youtu.be/T0xftg3eJq0

Definitely...and the less expensive, the better. I’m even considering this.
  • EconMan
    I bought a DulyTek DM800 — a small personal sized press and I am 100% happy. Easy to use, small profile, get consistent good results. It was under $250.

ezfj27w4zdfutaaf.jpeg
    350itv7bowfrs3mc.jpeg
    ypigo30d41p04l4e.jpeg
    2riwuq1dbmx1jhb3.jpeg

https://dulytek.com/products/dulytek%C2%AE-dm800-portable-heat-press-for-rosin-oil-extraction
  • Zep4
    d6moaqr7j45iozdn.jpeg

What you think?
  • EconMan

It looks cool and I bet it works great. However, I don't see what one would get with this over The Dulytek M800, which is only $240. See my post immediately above. I squish five days a week probably, and the little thing just works. Differential plate temp is less important for mini-presses because there is little difference in plate temp per sqi anyway since they are so relatively small. As the plates get bigger, this becomes more important.

I also don't like the "structural column being so close to the plates... getting the parchment angled correctly will be more difficult -- remember the goal is to create little "rivers of Rosin and you need a little area for parchment maneuvering.

The question is do you want to spend $400 or $240? IMO (because I looked at this before buying mine -- I looked at them all). It looks like the Rosineer cost more to manufacture, but it will do no better at producing Rosin than mine. The press I almost got was $550 but I didn't want to spend that much on a PERSONAL press. The Dulytek is probably the lowest cost press that is a real Rosin press.

Rosin production is primarily a function of the flower. Secondly, the expertise of the user. Third, the press.

Lastly, as just advice (I picked up from my own comparative shopping) avoid getting sucked into the "specs". Truth is Rosin pressing is low temp and low pressure. Overheat and half your rosin disintegrates and what remains tastes like carbon. Too much pressure and you've polluted your Roisin with contaminates like plant waxes, lipids, and excess chlorophyll. Everyone when they start seems to come in too hot and too hard.

So I think you'll be very happy with the Rosineer. It is a REAL press. I came close to buying it myself.
  • Zep4
    I’ll definitely check yours out. I’m just looking for best bang for the cheapest and yours sounds better for sure. Thanks!
  • EconMan

Yeah, "better" is a subjective word. My last squeeze was a ridiculous 31.2% yield, mostly due to the incredible flower that came my way. However, if I had used the Rosinater, I would have got the same results.

The dulytek 800 IMO is the cheapest Rosin press that is still a real rosin press.

They make industrial presses too. If I was going to spend $500, and wanted to squish large amounts like full eighths, I would be tempted by this "two models up" from mine. But I judged it overkill for my modest purposes -- personal pressing.

https://dulytek.com/products/dulytek-dw4000-manual-heat-press-for-rosin-oil-extraction

Elsewhere, I think on this thread?, I describe my methodology and how I get my results (I experimented a lot).
  • LabPong
    The dulytek 800 IMO is the cheapest Rosin press that is still a real rosin press.EconMan

EconMan......how much pressure on your hands/arms are you using when pressing with the dulytek800?

I want to sell my Ju1ce Box because of the pressure needed to make it work good. My hands can't take too much pressure for that extended period while pressing.
  • EconMan
    EconMan......how much pressure on your hands/arms are you using when pressing with the dulytek800?LabPong

Very little. When it get's to the "bottom" it "locks" in place. There is a simple "offset" on it to move the plates closer together or farther apart depending on the size of the squish. If you possess the strength of an average five year old child, you can use this press.

I begin by pre-pressing with a 2g pre-press which gives me a "cylinder". Usually, I do about 1.5-2g at a time because that is about the amount of dabbing I want to do usually. I did press an eighth on it once a using a micron bag, but that's a bit much for this machine, so I don't recommend it. Better results with two 4g runs. If you look at the pic I posted, that is where I begin the "pull down" of the press. You can see the cylindrical puck between the parchment. It is from this point I start the timer.

CRITICAL
    Do NOT press down hard and certainly not too quick. Do NOT put your body weight on it, or try and force anything. It will either break the press or break you, AND make nasting Rosin. Mathematically, it is a step function (the industrial expensive automatic machines do this for you). So once i click the timer I use VERY light pressure and will press down about a quarter of an inch. Then I wait for a few secs. Then a little bit more.. few more seconds wait... then a little more... until it "locks". Folks who go balls to the wall right off, are achieving worse results than they otherwise could, because like searing a steak on a grill, it tends to "seal" the squish making it hard for the Rosin to fully escape the center.

When the timer goes off, I take the parchment off, place it on my cold plate, and it's happy dabbing time. Fresh Rosin.
    I'll probably do some dabbing tonight after work... all cold and wet and nasty here and dabbing warms and cheers me up! If you like, I'll video my process with the Dulytek800 and you can see for yourself.
  • EconMan
    I want to sell my Ju1ce Box because of the pressure needed to make it work good. My hands can't take too much pressure for that extended period while pressing.LabPong

Yes, I got to see one used over at a friends house. Personally, I would hate it (as does my friend who is also selling his). He liked my Dulytek, having even used it, but he wanted to save a $100. Had he not bought the JuiceBox, he could have got the next model up from mine. This is why I try and never let money only prevent me from buying what I want (within reason).... cheap sometimes is expensive.
  • EconMan
    oon want to get the my press rosin press. 430.00
    Presses 6 tons of pressure, 3 in plates, count down timer, temp 0-280 , lifetime warranty. Looks very portable. I saw Ruffhouse review on youtube and found code that works for 10% and free shipping
    RUFFHOUSE
    Cannabliss420

I looked at this one and judged it overpriced, a bad design, and overkill for personal pressing.

First, I HATE how close the plates are to the support column. Maneuvering parchment for ideal "rosin rivers" will get annoying to you later. Also, the plates do not open "wide" which too will become annoying.

You do NOT need nor ever want 6000 tons of pressure for a small plate-size press. It is like needing a golf cart and using a 16 wheeler. It is absurd and its only purpose is marketing. At most, ever you want 1000 pounds MAX! The ideal pressure for for Rosin pressing IMO is somewhere around 500 pounds per square inch.
    EXAMPLE
    My M800 has 2"x3" plates. (but I NEVER use the entire plate surface (you really can't without bags), SInce I use a round pre-press, my "cylinders" average around 1.5 inches in diameter.
    WALA! (with a little algebra).... [(1.5/2) x (π^2) = ~1.77 square inches.
    ==> 1.77 sq.in x 400psi = 708 pounds of total "Force" required....

6000 pounds is overkill for personal pressing IMO so in my case it gives me 6000-708=5292 pounds of excess capability I'll never use, because the plates are not large enough to ever need it.. You just don't need massive pressure, and after a point it really harms quality.
  • Kaps
    I'll probably do some dabbing tonight after work... all cold and wet and nasty here and dabbing warms and cheers me up! If you like, I'll video my process with the Dulytek800 and you can see for yourself.EconMan

I cant speak for anyone else but I would like to see the Dulytek in action!
  • Cannabliss420
    @EconMan I ended up buying the cannaclamp. It works perfect for me. I saved $100 since I already had a 600 lb dewalt clamp that I used while pressing with hair straighter.

Plates are 200 and 299 plates with clamp which is only 30 at homedepot or lowes. Why they charge 100 for at 30 dollar clamp in beyond me. Plates are about 10x the size of the ju1cebox plates. I pressed 3 grams no problem. I like that it easy to travel with and the quality of rosin is amazing. Temp goes from 100 F to 300 F IN 5 degree increments. Just from playing with the temps I made wax,shatter,and crumble end prouducts with the same strain. Enter discount code NEWSITE at checkout for 10% off
  • EconMan

That's awesome. I imagine one advantage is it would be harder to press too hard? That was certainly my error in the beginning, too hot and hard.

Post a pic or two... would love to see it at work.

Theoretically, distilled down to its essence, we are all standing on top of some sort of advance hair-straightener
  • LabPong
    I cant speak for anyone else but I would like to see the Dulytek in action!Kaps

+1 when you have a chance @EconMan
  • EconMan
    show your press offDr green thumb

I actually started to last night but quickly realized making a video is harder than I thought, not to mention can inject buzkill, so I abandoned the project in favor of the evening's expediency. :)

Seriously, I need some sort of phone holder..... until then, it's life in pictures.
  • LabPong
    I will have a Dulytek M800 later tonight.
  • EconMan

Seen that one. Bubbleman knows about squishing :)
  • EconMan
    I will have a Dulytek M800 later tonight.LabPong

Exciting. Will have someone I know to learn with.
    I just ordered a 2x3 pre-press mold and I will begin re-experimenting with nylon micron bags. My understanding (and limited experience) is they reduce yield but increase quality. I was unhappy with the results the last time I used bags but am told the pre-press increases success with them? I'll let you know how it goes.
  • Dr green thumb

I'll call you the dulytek duo :joke:
  • EconMan

LOL

Yeah, we can make it a Vegas act. "pressing together" lol
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url