• Sfumato
    So I was just browsing my states laws (Florida) and came across something interesting that I did not know.
    Hash & Concentrates
    Possession of hashish or concentrates Felony 5 years $ 5,000
    Selling, manufacturing or delivering Felony 5 years $ 5,000

So what do you guys think, is having my KIEF collection in my grinder "hash" or not?

Do you think they would draw a distinction between "pressed" and "loose kief"?

I dont know, but its something to think about. I certainly wont travel with it, I VERY rarely do anyway.
  • Baron23
    Dunno but there is a law somewhere that defines what constitutes hash.

I know when looking a the constitutional amendment in FL (which your legislators are actively working to undermine in substance if not in word), it referred to another law that provided the definition of marijuana by cross reference. It is on this basis that I firmly believe that the rules and regulations being put in place in FL are unconstitutional and I hope Morgan sues their asses off (ain't like Morgan is my favorite guy, he's in it for the money I believe, but its an enemy of my enemy sort of thing).

I am sure that this law or similar defines 'hash'.

Be careful....FL is still surprisingly repressive.
  • Sfumato
    The funny thing is I was just looking some of the press tools they have online. Think I'll keep it in its natural state now that I know this.

Im not too worried, I dont vape outside my house too often and if I do I only take what Im going to use which is way lower than the 21gram misdemeanor cut off.
  • Dr green thumb
    This still applies in many states. In illinois concentrates still carry huge fines and jail time.

This is a state by state list in the United states.

https://culturemagazine.com/state-by-state-breakdown-of-concentrate-laws/
  • EconMan

Yes. In Atlanta (not the burbs) getting caught with flower is cop's discretion (it's illegal, but they generally don't take people to jail, rather give them a citation to appear in court). Georgia's anti-crack law makes it a felony to "alter a drug's composition (i.e. baking soda and coke = crack), but the law also applies to flower. So possessing an oz of flower in Atlanta is much less risky than say a gram of of shatter in Atlanta. Similar story in Dallas.
  • acstorfer
    What’s especially insane about Florida and it’s nefarious concentrate laws is that for us medicinal users they only want us to use concentrates. It is by a very small loophole a couple companies are even willing to sell it in flower form (prepackaged for vaping). So I can have the felony product, but not the misdemeanor version? It’s insane. Hopefully we’ll have freed the flower soon. In the meantime things are much better now. The prices are pretty high. I can usually get Sour Diesel and Columbian Gold for $8.00 a gram, which I can deal with. Other strains are more expensive. As far as concentrates, shatter, pills, lotions, nasal sprays, etc., well that stuff is definitely hooked up. Still can’t sell edibles though!
  • Dr green thumb
    I think that Florida may need to raise the .8% thc limit. I guess they limit you to cbd only
  • EconMan

That is crazy. Like nuts. oh, well, the political economy of self-medication. lol

Of the various systems the legal states have used, I judge Colorado and Washington as the most sensible right now. Colorado engineered their plan specifically to keep Big Tobacco and Big Pharma out. We shall see.
  • Dr green thumb
    I was referring to florida law as stated in the link I posted above.
  • acstorfer
    Gotcha. That info is outdated now. For medicinal, with the exception of selling loose bud and edibles pretty much everything goes now. Still applies felony wise to non mmj people though.
  • Dr green thumb
    Florida still is strict I found updated Florida law from one day ago

https://themarijuanaherald.com/misc/a-look-at-floridas-medical-marijuana-law/

I wish the laws would match up from state to state. It would make travel so much easier.
  • acstorfer
    The laws are strict, but most of the judges aren’t. They see the writing on the wall. For mmj, it really has gotten better though.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment