• Sue
    Ok boys and girls. I just did a session starting at 340F and wrapping up at 360F. Here are my very first impressions of the Solo II (and i have never tried the Solo I). Beautiful unit and actually smaller than i was expecting. Very solid and on the heavy side. I attached the longer glass stem for my sesh. I also waited about 30 sec after reaching the initial set temp before taking a draw. First thing i noticed was that the flavor and smoothness of the hits were better than my crafty. Next: much more resistance to the pull than with the crafty. I wound up pulling the glass stem up a smidge and the airflow got much better. Much less resistance that way. my hits were about 8 sec long and i got plenty of vapor. I took about 5 hits and was feeling it. i had filled the bowl about 3/4 and the efficiency seems amazing. I still have maybe another 5 hits left with that load. I will be back after i have used it for a little but so far i am very impressed with this thing. I actually can't believe i paid $199 for it. It seems like it should cost $300 easy.
  • Baron23
    So glad you like it, Sue.

I have never used a Solo...when you say you pulled the stem up a bit, I'm assuming this let more air into the oven by opening a bit of space at the end of the stem, yeah?
  • Sue
    yes, exactly. so the glass isn't touching the bottom of the oven and making that seal. One pain with this thing i find is that it takes some effort to push the glass stem into the unit. not sure if that gets better over time ......
  • Bruce
    It's a glass stem is like a straw going downward into the heating chamber. The glass stem can go up just a smidge to get a bit less draw resistance.

The herbs are put on the bottom of the glass stem which has a built in glass screen. Yes! that's right no metal screens, and it tastes as natural as any vape.

This was such a great purchase. I watched the Vape Critic because I was looking for new ways to enjoy the herbs. I went to google, that brought me to High Times articles for beginners. I then checked out the Vape Critic, and first I bought the MFLB (10 out of 10) and then the Solo

I am going to try and get the best of both worlds keep my solo 1 and get a Ghost (Booooo)
  • Bruce
    It remains the same. It keeps everything air tight. It's a good thing because there aren't any plastics to make it fit tight.
  • Sue
    well i can deal with the stem being tight in exchange for this flavor !
  • Sue
    Am i crazy, or is this thing a level better than my crafty?! The vapor is way smoother and cooler imo.
  • Baron23
    thanks @Sue and @Bruce!

Wow, the Solo sounds very much like a more sophisticated log vape. You put the herbs in the end of the stem with the glass screen and then push it into the heater, yeah. Much like an Enano and the like but with a bit more design sophistication, I believe.

Thanks again....someday I will be somewhere where a Solo is being used and I will get a chance to try it.

Cheers
  • Sue
    thats exactly what its like. Let me also note .... no temp drop during my pulls. My crafty can't do that. Hmmm
  • AsUwish
    Thank you for your initial impressions! I've been so curious about it for a couple of weeks now. Now you made it a lot harder for me to wait on the Ghost MV.

Sue, have you used a FF2 (with great results)? Just curious about how the flavor compares between the two as its the best model I've tried that delivered really good flavor. And yes everyone, the FF2 sucks, but mainly because it's a princess and needs attention after every hit.
  • Sue
    honestly, i do feel the flavor on the FF2 was a little bit better. But this is producing bigger and much stronger vapor than ff2.
  • Sue
    if you have to choose one or the other ..... i would still wait for the ghost. It sounds killer and i am going to get it.
  • AsUwish
    OH DAMN! That's what I've been waiting for!! Thanks for the advice! I'm gonna try to hold of for it.
  • Sue
    Update. I got another 8 good draws from that load and i could have pushed it a few further. Super efficient.
  • Bruce
    I have been saying that from the day I had both vapes (Crafty and Solo 1) in my hands and in my opinion the Solo 1 kicks the Crafty's ass in every category. I also tested my Arizer Air and it kicked ass.

I bought my Solo in 2012 it's five years later. It doesn't have a scratch, it works like it did on day 1, The glass mouth stem is glass and will break if dropped. That has happened to me 2 times in 2 years. I just bought another stem a couple of months ago, for $9. (It only happening 2 times in 2 years is a major miracle for me, I am clumsy lol.

Please don't misunderstand me these are both the elite vapes.

The Ghost will make the Mighty / Crafty and IQ "Disappear".
  • Kakarot
    Hooray I am glad you like it and its worth the cash!
  • Biz
    I know the Solo I, Crafty and FF2 very well.

The Solo is the overall best unit for single session home use, period.
    The Crafty is a great and stealthy on the go vape for the pocket.
    The FF2 has the best taste and smoothness, but is not as bullet proof and satisfying as the solo, nor as portable as the Crafty due to the stir necessity.

I also hope the Ghost may bring the best of the FF2 and Solo together (without the portability of the Crafty, which does not matter to me personally) - but it is a long way away.

I would recommend to just about anyone to own a Solo. I was stupid and sold my Solo I after 4 or so years, now I am ordering the Solo II to make up for it and because why the hell not. Sure I'll get the Ghost but that's far away (further than for you US guys).

The only thing that nags me is having multiple vapes lying around... I hate choice. Nothing beats the simplicity of one item for one job.
  • Jack-vic
    you should check out the flowmaster stems.
    Attachment
    flowmaster (9K)
  • Sue
    see i love choice. Its a different experience every day! Let me know your thoughts when you get the II
  • Sue
    thanks friend !
  • Sue
    that's great to hear that you still love yours. I am also happy to hear you agree with me regarding this vs crafty.... i started to think my opinion could be "new vape syndrome" or something lol. This baby has flown under my radar all this time. For any price, the performance is terrific ... but for this price it's a steal.
  • VapeCritic
    Thanks for posting this Sue im very glad you like it! Guess i need to order one huh, lol
  • Sue
    Omg the battery life on this thing is absurd! Done about 6 longish sessions now and it is down 1/4 ! Plus the herb goes on forever till its spent!
  • Bruce
    They should be begging The Vape Critic and his Posse to do a video review, they get a lot of attention on here and most of it positive.
  • Krahl
    May I ask how long does it take to heat up. And when you say hard to draw on is it as hard as boundless cfx. . I am very interested in one of these for my night time shed vape. Need fast now it's winter.
  • Sue
    i got it to 364F in 22 seconds but i will tell you for me it isn't really ready to go at that point. i wait about another 30 sec or so b4 a draw. i have never used a cfx sorry. the draw is resistant....like sucking on a milkshake.
  • VapeCritic
    Bought one today @Sue got me pumpedddd lol
  • Bruce
    Bud, Woah, I can't wait to hear your impressions.

Make sure you click on your links and eat your vegetables.
  • Baron23
    So glad that everybody is enjoying their Solo II!! Sounds great. I particularly like the very short warm up time and battery life that Sue has reported.

My only thought about buying one personally is that I since I don't really travel around vaping very much, not sure why I would need a Solo and the Enano as the Solo seems like a battery powered, portable log vape.

It seems from a distance that the Solo II hits the same sweet spots for me as the log vape....small load sizes, easy peasy to use, full convection.

I hope to come across one someday and get a chance to use one personally.

I think @Jack-vic is on to something with the Flowmaster stems that have the very small cut outs at the oven end for airflow. Looks very interesting. Yes, only seems to be made in AU but I bet this guy could make them for you if you want to buy domestically. He does a lot of one of work, stems, adapters for many vaporists on the internet. If you reach out to him, I bet he can make you one (or more) and maybe even add it to his regular line up. His prices are very reasonable also.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Oregon+glass+blower&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet