• ImjohnyWadd
    I will have the new version sometime this week or next week. I'll have a new ss body and a ti one as wel :). Will give my feedback when I do :)
  • elykpeace
    Ordered one from Sachin at the herb cafe. He said its the newest V2 hoppers. Idk where the v5 body talk comes from but it's a myth lol
  • Baron23
    Idk where the v5 body talk comes from but it's a myth lolelykpeace

It came from one of Hopper Labs email broadcasts
  • elykpeace
    Like I said a myth lol

5 times a charm
  • Terry1951
    I returned one for repair one last June 2018.

Must be the 30th time.

Now they're saying there's another 4 months delay.

That's over 12 months for a repair.

I waited nearly 2 years to get the first one having paid in advance.

I have a 2nd one but rarely use it now.

At home I use the Ghost MV1 which is the Rolls Royce of vapes IMO.

But you have to spend some time getting to know how to optimise your experience.

Although some friends just sussed it straight away and got huge clouds from the off.

Out and about I use the Argo for stealth purposes.
  • EconMan
    I returned one for repair one last June 2018.
    Must be the 30th time.
    Now they're saying there's another 4 months delay.
    That's over 12 months for a repair.
    I waited nearly 2 years to get the first one having paid in advance
    Terry1951

The economist in me is flabbergasted by this company. But more confused by its customers.

I LOVE my Firefly2 but if the above happened to me with it, it would be used for skeet target shooting practice and I would make it my life's purpose to bury that company. So I'm soooo confused...

A month is a ridiculous time to wait for a repair. A year is so absurd it becomes effectively a SNL satire skit. How do they even keep a merchant account...? their credit card "chargebacks" must be through the roof! ? Bizarre. The only explanation is the subset of folks that like them, REALLY like them.
  • Terry1951

I initially really liked it (when it was working).

I'm so stupid I decided to buy a 2nd one so I'd have one while the other was being repaired.

I just ended up with 2 problems instead of one.

In the early days Caroline would ensure a quick turnaround which kinda pacified me.

But when you get to the point that you've shelled out at least $300 on postage to return them, it becomes a bit tiresome.

The one they fixed for me last May, with the new fix, is still working. I took it to Thailand for 6 weeks for stealth purposes and it worked great.

I was one of the first to get a Ghost MV1 which I love (after some initial teething problems). I use that at home. If I'm out and about or if I'm at home but in the mood for a "smoking" type experience I use the Argo.
  • EconMan
    I'm so stupid I decided to buy a 2nd one so I'd have one while the other was being repaired.Terry1951

I don't think it is "stupid" more like "rash". At the time you still liked the company and the product. If my FF2 broke, I'd buy another one because mine is out of warranty now (I think it has a one year?). I would still get it fixed as a backup.

My confusion is how they retain any customers. It tells me that there are those (like Baron) who have had no issues and and no need to use their CS. But ALMOST everyone i know and encounter has some similar story?
  • Terry1951

They kept spinning me the line that I was the only one who was experiencing this level of failures.

And when I started seriously complaining, they started sending me new ones in the box.

But at this stage, I don't really understand how they have survived.

Once they go to the wall that's the lifetime guarantee gone with them.

Vape that looks like a real pen was a cool idea, but that temp sensor seems to be the bugbear.
  • Magicman
    I will be hopper man soon.
  • Baron23
    you need to reread my posts then.

Worked great for 18 months.

Multiple RMAs and I still have two GH that run too cool to waste flower in.

I haven’t felt like doing the dance with them again right now.
  • EconMan

Thank you for correcting my clearly wrong memory. Somehow the part of your posts on the subject I remember was you considering yourself "lucky" being problems free. Obviously not. lol :)
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    fitting it seems to be a smoke and mirros operation :rofl:
145678Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal