• Baron23
    No, I haven't seen that but its more of the same "yeah, we fucked up and fucked all of you, but let me explain why we are still admirable because we are cool young guys, a small company, and came up with an overly critical design".

Can you tell I'm not happy with them.

I will indeed file with them again...thanks so much for your input and shared experience....after testing tonight one more time. Its not really DOA, the lights come on and it get a little warm, but that's it. Arrrrgggghhhh!!

flamethrower-e1396973685544-970x350.jpg
  • Namekian
    Same thing with my SS, did everything normal other than get hot enough. There are others on Reddit with the same problem with their repaired units. Looks like this is just a new problem. :/

And yeah I agree, hate when they write these things but I think it was in response to all the negativity on their Instagram posts.
  • Baron23
    n response to all the negativity on their Instagram posts.Namekian

Negativity or just realistic view of reality? hmmmm?

haha Thanks. Again, will give it another go in a few hours but suspect its fast turning back to Hopper.
  • Namekian
    HL has messed up so badly negativity is the only reality they know. :/
  • Bruce
    Its disgusting. I have the exact messages per word, after I sent mine in. I wish I didn't waste my money on this, i really don't need the headache and I lose $279 (USD).

Something smell here..... I can't get a grasp on it. Its creapy the messages you got are exactly mine.

Peace, Love and Vape.

You have just been vaporized by the one and only ^ ^ ^ Vape . Master ^ ^ ^
  • katdaddy
    Just got a shipping notice from my repair!!
    Should be here by Saturday. Hope it works!!

Sent first class, not priority of course.
  • juxt
    This is one of the few larger market vapes that I don't have, simply because of the failure rates and all the complaints about customer service and wait times, etc. I do hope they get their act together so I can throw money at them, but it's their fault they haven't gotten it so far.
  • VapeCritic

Woahhhhh i just caught up with this now!

No F’n way that you waiting this long for a vape that runs cool!!!

If i had to guess, lowering the max heat probably reduces failure rates, super duper lame-o :shade:
  • Baron23
    Woahhhhh i just caught up with this now!

No F’n way that you waiting this long for a vape that runs cool!!!

If i had to guess, lowering the max heat probably reduces failure rates, super duper lame-o :shade:
    VapeCritic

Well, not according to them. Others have received repaired and new GH that milk a piece at about what you would expect....3.75 - 4.25 range. Just like mine used to do before it crapped out.

Re-opened the RMA, told them about it running very cold (like non-functioning cold) and sent a pic of the AVB.

They came back, apologies as always (can't quite understand where "I'm sorry" has been deemed a suitable substitute for actual competence), and said they would send me a new body...no need to ship the GH back...they will send a new body. That's the heater, little circuit board in there, temp sensor, whatever.

So, MY NEW BODY ARRIVED IN THE MAIL YESTERDAY........my new SS body for my Ti Bronze vape!!

Let me repeat that..so after about 13 weeks to repair myTi Bronze GH, they returned it to me in a non-functional state. They said that they would send me a new body and instead sent me a body for a stainless steel GH! So far, they are batting .000.

So, I reopened the RMA, offered to send them back the new SS body as I have not used it if they send me a shipping label, and that a SS body for a Ti Bronze GH is unacceptable and I want a Ti Bronze body that will ALSO fix my temperature performance issues.

We will see what they come back with on Monday.

I'm calling in an airstrike on Hopper Lab's position:

c6a33e49d3bf_sf_1.jpg
  • VapeCritic

OMG snapppp lolol

This is nutso!!
  • Bruce
    The love affair is over.

I sent one of my Grasshoppers in and getting BS that they are redesigning it and I will get the better one. I checked comments and they said the same BS up to 2 years ago. I dont appreciate that. I sent in GH #1 because it was not performing anymore and the 2nd GH I sent in for the same reason. They said the same one liner to me.

I loved it while it worked and made no secret about it. I believe now that these babies will lose performance at one point or another. The more you use the GH the less output you get.

Its so good but yet so bad.

Anyone else get a similar response?

^ ^ ^ The Vape Master ^ ^ ^
  • Magicman
    You will never get it back now. Baren23 ordered an air strike.
  • MothChewMoth
    More like BARREN amirite?
  • Baron23
    TL:DR - My GH is working albeit with mismatched parts.

It was 8 pm est last evening and three full working days since my last entry into the RMA without a replay and I was about to call in the F-35's. Cluster bomb unit munitions (or maybe napalm). Then in the nick of time an email from Hopper alerted me to an update in my RMA ticket.

They must have heard me talking to the forward air controller LOL

Here is what they replied

Drew (Hopper Labs)
    I'm sorry for the continued trouble. In the miscommunication that the owner and I had a Titanium body was sent to you instead of a Bronze. I just want to confirm that the new body fixed your issue and the only problem is that you received the wrong color. I will be sending you a bronze body immediately. You are welcome to wait to send us the wrong body at a later date with you broken one.​

My Reply
    Hi Drew - I don't know if the silvery looking body (I thought it was SS but you say its Ti) has fixed the issue as I haven't used it in anticipation of needing to send it back in exchange for a Ti Bronze and I assumed you would want it back in "new" condition.

I understand that you will immediately send the Ti Bronze body to me but that you want me to try the silver body to ensure that fixes the issue.

Tonight, I will try the silver Ti body and see if it resolves the issue and I will advise further.

Later last night, I just posted this communications to the RMA ticket:

My Reply
    HI Drew - I just tested with the silver Ti body and my GH is now running well and acceptable. Vapor on first draw through a WP and at the end a nicely extracted AVB.

Maybe a bit cooler than my OG body, but perfectly acceptable and a good performer.

I'm very glad to have a working GH in my hands again. :-)

With this data in hand, I would like to keep this body until I receive the Ti Bronze that you are sending me (PLEASE make sure its a good hot body, yeah...please? haha).

When I receive the new Bronze body, if it works correctly, I will inform you and if you will send me a mailing label then I will return the silver Ti and the poorly performing Ti Bronze body that came back with the initial return of the RMA.

So, ran a .1 g load of G6 (Jet Fuel to some) and pretty much sucked it up through an FC-188 in three draws at 4.25. I took another clean up at 4.25 then tried again at 5.0 and got a bit. My AVB looked just right.

This body does still run a bit cooler than my OG, but its perfectly acceptable.

Wow, I don't do Sativa very much and that one load has me zooming. haha

So, like many/most of us...I'm torn. The GH is so great to have in the house working but its really tottering on the edge of if all of this crap is worth it. I slotted an SB Jr into my GH's role for middle of the night meds and it works great every time! haha

Cheers
  • Magicman
    Is is time to buy?
  • Baron23
    yeh, I’d give it another couple or few months and see, I’d think.
  • VapeCritic
    PLEASE make sure its a good hot bodyBaron23
    Attachment
    vape-girl-2 (55K)
  • Bruce
    I will have what she is having!

Peace, Love and Vape,

^ ^ ^ The Vape Master ^ ^ ^
  • Magicman
    @Baron23 has detailed his journey across many forums with the grasshopper. I want to know....is it go time? Why does @vapecritic so silent on this actually made in the usa device. I want to buy one. What do I have to lose?
  • Namekian
    It is not go time, here is their June Update:

"Two months ago we released the State of the Hopper blog post which outlined the manufacturing issues and resulting problems with the Grasshopper. We presented a timeline for what had happened so far and what was to come. In the last 60 days, we have made meaningful progress towards our goals in both repairing units and shipping new orders. We averaged throughput of 220 units per week as the new production lines continued to ramp up. This includes serviced units. Our customer service department and warranty departments have both made tremendous strides in keeping up with inquiries and getting responses out quickly. Most importantly the rate of device failure has plummeted.

Our current goals include reaching a production capacity of 500 units per week, improving our customer service, and increasing overall satisfaction with our products. For those currently waiting on a new Hopper or service on a Hopper, we sincerely appreciate your patience as we work to deliver. We understand and relate to the process being frustrating as we want to get you these items more than anyone. Delivery has had some stop-n-go as our production lines are still gaining momentum. We expect outstanding orders to be cleared in the next 30-60 days and warranties to be caught up in the next 120 days.

We currently have two items that are still on pre-order and have already been significantly delayed, the Stainless Case and the External Battery Charger. Hopper Labs has nearly completed both these items, and the designs are with our manufacturers for CNC machining and injection molding. The electronics and software are finished, and testing has been ongoing for the last few months. As our core product has become more stable, we are pushing these projects forward to completion. The delivery date has been estimated many times, and we wish to combat Hopper Lab's overoptimistic timeframes. Our current estimation is delivery will happen in the 3rd quarter of 2018 with more accurate updates to come along the way."

We will be releasing a new batch of the Heat-Treated Grasshoppers and PFEs today. A 5% off in-stock accessories for the 4th of July Holiday starts now with the code "Middlefork."

Thanks for checking in with our short newsletter.

FAQ:

What email should I use to contact Hopper Labs?

The best email for contacting Hopper Labs is .

I have an order that has been delayed past its delivery date. Why is that?

Orders from January, February, and March, were delayed due to a 3rd party manufacturing issue. You can read about that here. More recent orders have either shipped on time or been delated due to an unexpected parts shortage caused by the need to upgrade many of the units in the Warranty department. These parts have been coming in from our manufacturer at a steady rate, and we expect to be caught up on order in the next 30-40 days.

We have been using our Instagram to put out small shipping updates. Please check out our story to receive weekly information. @grasshoppervape

Thanks for checking in on our quick update.

5% off all in-stock accessories when you place an order in the next 5 days. Code: Middlefork
  • Baron23
    @VapeCritic

Well, after a lot of flailing and a lot of mailing, I now finally have two properly working Ti Grasshoppers.

thank-you-jesus.jpg
  • Namekian
    Nice! Hopefully they stay working for you. I've already had to send both of mine back in and haven't heard anything about their return even though I was told I would "cut the line". :/
  • Baron23
    Hopefully they stay working for you.Namekian

bwahahaha....yeah, I'll start a betting pool on when the first one goes belly up again! haha
  • kpx420
    Thinking about picking up a GH even tho with all the problems, should i get a PFE if I only have 18mm female joint rig? Does the GH come with 1 battery or 2? GH vs MV1 in flavor?
  • Namekian
    Well you have been very, very warned. ;)

The MV1's thing is great flavor so MV1 but a fully functioning Hopper destroys it in power and extraction capabilities. You are going to want a PFE but you will need a 18mm to 14mm reducer so you can use your glass and trust me, you are going to want to use your glass. 1 battery and you are probably going to want 2-3 and an external charger. :)
  • kpx420
    ty for the info.. that is the 18 to 14mm reducer that Hopper sells right?... Any idea if the Hopper has there stuff in order yet? I really like how it can really produce supposedly tasty dense vapor w/o a draw technique is appealing to me but if it will break under 1 week, that seems pretty frustrating.
  • Namekian
    Oh yeah, i forgot they sold one, thats what you need. They are nowhere near having there stuff together and from my experience as well as everyone else that owns 1 on here, it will break. That being said when it works it is amazing. You might want to read the June update I posted above. Its mostly bs but it does have delivery estimates as well as a discount code.
  • Namekian
    This is the exact thing I told someone on the reddit forum and everyone seemed to agree.

"If you want an amazing vape that could break and you are fine being without it for an unknown period of time, buy it. If it would anger you to spend this much money and potentially have it break in a week and be without it for potentially months, don't buy it." :)
  • MothChewMoth
    Sticky Brick hydromaxx will have the same extraction and never fail unless you physically drop and break it :razz:
  • Baron23
    Thinking about picking up a GH even tho with all the problems, should i get a PFE if I only have 18mm female joint rig?kpx420

Yes on the PFE. I believe you will like your GH best through water.

As for joint size, just get a low profile adapter:

https://www.google.com/search?q=18mm+M+to+14mm+F+low+profile+glass+adapter&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment