• kpx420
    Yea im sorta prepping myself for that and Im not expecting this to b my daily driver but if it works so damn well when it works .. I'm really interested on how powerfully it extracts.. I use my Vapcap as one hitter and I try to use my Showerhead the same way...Im hoping to use the GH as like monster one hitter? Im guessing it can do that better than a vapcap? Not saying vapcap is bad but the chamber is bigger in GH and the heater has plenty of power?
    I can buy this one they sell on Hopper for 18mm female joint, correct?
    https://www.grasshoppervape.com/store/product/14mm-to-18mm-adapter/

BTW Anyone report buying a new GH and getting it DOA?
  • kpx420
    BTW I see you on other forums, Can I assume y our a GH enthusiast? :wink: BTW your info posted previously is very helpful, Thank you!.
  • Namekian
    When its at 100% and going through a water piece there is no portable on the market that can match it imo. I have never personally received a DOA brand new one but others on Reddit have and I've received "repaired" units that didn't work. I was a HUGE fanboy of the grasshopper up until like the 10th or 12th break, now being on my 24th break I see HL doesn't have a clue how to make these things reliable but when they work, its amazing. I now generally tell people not to buy a grasshopper but not because of performance, because of reliability.
  • kpx420
    24th break? That is dedication~..But yea I will have to give this more thought if to buy this vape sooner or later.. But I guess you can vouch when working 100% the GH is a heavy hitter? I'm after all the heavy hitting vapes; just 1 year of vaping, building a small collection
  • Baron23
    But I guess you can vouch when working 100% the GH is a heavy hitter?kpx420

Yes, absolutely...well, absolutely IMO. haha
  • Baron23
    ↪Baron23
    I can buy this one they sell on Hopper for 18mm female joint, correct?
    https://www.grasshoppervape.com/store/product/14mm-to-18mm-adapter/
    kpx420

Yes, perfect for this and at a good price.
  • Namekian
    They are now selling a "spare" hopper body as an accessory...this is the beginning of the end folks. If your vape breaks so often you feel you need to sell spare guts to keep it running things are BAD. They cost $80-90 dollars...HL has lost it. :/

https://www.grasshoppervape.com/store/product/grasshopper-spare-body/
  • Bruce
    I will never see the two vapes I sent back. After all of this I think we need the Vape Critic to put a warning ,,, I would say the same for Firefly .... and Herbalizer

Peace, Love and Vape

^ ^ ^ The Vape Master ^ ^ ^
  • kpx420
    How does that work, what the heck..Can I buy the spare body instead of the GH?? LOL
    Damn anyone else notice the price of battery went from 7 to 12.. dang
  • Baron23
    eh, I'm not so sure that its a scheme on their part or indicative of some greater issues or problems.

With Hopper, you just don't know.

But there are folks, particularly in placed like AU and EU, where shipping costs for RMA's are very expensive and perhaps these people really would prefer to just buy a replacement body rather than go through RMA shipping, customs, etc.

But I don't really know anything more than anybody else on this or Hopper in general.

I'm just glad mine are working at the moment.
  • Namekian
    Totally agree this makes things easier on people outside the US but isn't it basically them admitting they can't make them reliable? Why else would you need a spare body if you didn't think it was going to break? No other vape company would even consider doing this imo. :/
  • Baron23
    Why else would you need a spare body if you didn't think it was going to break?Namekian

I dunno....it seems that with vapes people are always asking to be able to buy a spare this or that part.

Please consider, however, that they do come with a "lifetime" warranty (yeah, lifetime of the company but still) so there is no need to buy a spare body unless you just want one for quick repair or general purposes.

Like I said, trying to divine Hopper's intent is like trying to read tea leaves...who knows! LOL
  • kpx420
    Does the repaired GH seem to be working? Please update if it breaks down again, Thanks!
  • Baron23
    know have two working GHs.
  • Namekian
    Both my repaired GH's have already broken. With one they sent me a new one that is also preforming poorly and one is back at HL and they say it will ship next week (fat chance). :/
  • Baron23
    Both my repaired GH's have already broken. With one they sent me a new one that is also preforming poorly and one is back at HL and they say it will ship next week (fat chance).Namekian

Its like a never ending nightmare. Wow, so sorry to hear this.
  • Namekian
    Thanks man, I've gone numb to it so it not a big deal. When you reach your 24th RMA you just stop caring. ;)

cbr2zdeyq5gz8t05.jpg
  • Baron23
    24th!! Wow, that's a record even for Hopper. I have heard of guys with like 10 RMAs but 24 is just unbelievable.

Are any of these RMAs on repairs after they supposedly in-sourced production and upgraded their lab and test processes....???
  • Namekian
    Right?! They call me "el diablo" at HL. ;)
    3 are post new stuff, the last 2 in the pic and my latest one.
  • VapeCritic

LOL dude im crying right now :rofl:
  • VapeCritic
    not about your problems, that sux big time, but that all of those RMAs are yours, im dying
  • Namekian
    Right?! Anytime someone post, "should I buy a Grasshopper?" I should just post that pic. ;)
  • elykpeace
    I'm 2 months of solid use and no signs of it quitting yet. Works as well as day one.

Never had to deal with HL yet except that pfe they shipped a week after they said it shipped.

Have had 30 portables/desktops and it's still number one bummer the company can't get it together but I have hope because it really is amazing how quick and fully it extracts

Mine has a older backend so I'm guessing it was new old stock I received but not from HL themselves... Occasionally have to turn the temp dial if I get blinking blue lights but it works fine even then just battery life suffers and back end starts to get warm
  • Namekian
    Just received my hopper that "skipped the line" to be fixed for the 2nd time with "new and improved" part and it burned my flower first bowl at level 4. I'm at a loss for words when it comes to HL. I get back a "repaired" hopper that barely works, send it in for a 2nd round and get back a unit that torches my flower... :(
  • Cl4ud3
    It's these stories that stopped me buying a Hopper :gasp: I would say in other circumstances you have bad luck but this does seem to be par for the course for them.
  • Baron23
    That's awful. My RMA returned running too cool. So, wha' hoppen to the wonderful new lab, in-sourcing and manf/test processes? They shut down on their customers for what...maybe three months or more to do this process re-engineering and this is what comes out? What baloney.

I'm sorry to here this, my friend. Mine are working at the moment, but I'm always expecting them to fail.
  • BSleasy
    Damn, I was so wanting to grab one of these. Can’t beat real life photo review. 24 is insane, I would have gave up probably 20 ago honestly.
  • kpx420
    Terrible to hear... HL sent me email for 5% off this weekend off the HT hoppers.."5HT" is the code, I believe if anyone is interested?..I still want one but I think I'll wait til 2019 atleast
  • Magicman
    The $350.00 HT Titanium Grasshopper never malfunctions. Buy one now!
  • Bruce
    I haven't had the titanium the stainless steel. It will break. It can take up to 2 months until you get it back. And who needs the headache. Incredible when it works. However it will break, and performance steadily goes down the more you use it.

Sorry for the bad report but I am dedicated to telling the truth, some of them have been painful lessons.

But since I use the VapeCritic reviews I don't worry about getting messed over.

www.VapeCritic.com

Peace, Love and Vape

^ ^ ^ The Vape Master ^ ^ ^
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal