• wdrbbq
    I run the whip from my Extreme Q Desktop vaporizer directly into my bong slide sleeve. It's beginning to look more resin stained the closer you get to the vaporizer. Can I soak it in 91% rubbing alcohol to clean it? That's what I use on other components to melt the resin.
  • Bruce
    From my experience. The whip from the Extreme Q can't be cleaned from the resin color, While the resin may be gone it will discolor the tube and not much can be done.
  • wdrbbq
    Thanks for your response. I can accept the discoloration. I was more concerned with resin build up in the tube in anticipation of that becoming an issue eventually. I was thinking of flushing the tube with alcohol in an effort to try and avoid that but I didn't know if the alcohol would adversely affect the material, like making it brittle or even melting it.
    Do you ever clean the resin build up in the whip or, in your experience, has that not been a problem? I've only had the Extreme Q for a little over a month. Although it's in use every day, it's still relatively new.
  • robby
    use pbw powder....soak overnight in hot water. stuff does wonders, especially on glass.
  • Bruce
    I always make sure there is no debris in the whip tube from the Arizer Extreme Q. I soak it in alcohol and flush it out. Its 100% clean but the discoloration is not going away. It really is just color. I have been using my original tubing from the Arizer Extreme Q, and they give 2 of everything. I am still on my first one, and it's about 5 years of heavy usage.

What is PBW powder?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet