• Baron23
    Unfortunately, if $179 is too pricey, it may be tough finding a really good desktop. Although I think vapes are generally overpriced overall, within that price structure you do tend to get what you pay for (cheap vapes are indeed cheap, yeah?).

I would suggest researching these desktops:

1. Enano by Epic Vape - great log vape, super easy to keep spotlessly clean as all there is to clean is a boro glass stem, can run all day long and be ready whenever you are, is small and discrete, can run very small loads efficiently, can be put on a water pipe, and is just a good, clean extractor. There are other log vapes out there, some with nylon or wood stems, but I like glass and I am very happy with my Nano.

2. You are not going to like this one for its price but its the Storz and Bickel Volcano. It actually comes in a "Medic" configuration (in the EU, I believe) which is really just a certification that its a medical device. I'm pretty sure that the regular Volcanoes are identical, just don't carry the certification sticker.

3. I have no used one, but many tell me the Arizer is a very good desktop. You may find that its not that complex once you have one....after all, stoner can figure out how to use one, yeah? LOL

I'm sure others will weigh in with their suggestions, but based on; 1) it being a desktop; 2) it being very clean material and be very cleanable; 3) not too costly.....I rather like the Enano for you.

https://epicvape.com/product/e-nano-standard-wood-vaporizer-kit/

By the by, strange thread in which to post a "what vape should I get" question (it being the "What does everybody do for a living?" thread! LOL)

Hope this was helpful.
  • Aurora4358
    Thanks Baron23- you are correct. I have cognition issues and did not even think that this question should have been posted elsewhere (I did mention I work in IT tho- :)

I will consider the Arizer Extreme Q. I do like the compactness and ease of use of the AirvapeXS- it looks easy to use and apparently requires very little maintenance. I just looked at the E-nano and yes- it looks like a very clean instrument and I will consider it. Thank you for your reply and best of luck to you
  • okla68m
    Love my XS, BUT, I've had 3 in the last 3 months....battery quits charging. CS is UNBELIEVABLE, the Last one (second) quit on Tuesday, I called on Wednesday and had Another New Unit in my mailbox on Friday. It's an 18 hour a day driver....LOTS of Use......CS Wouldn't tell me if this was a Common Occurance, since I d had 2 in a month and a half, SAME PROBLEM.....BUT THEY KEEP SENDING NEW ONES !!
  • Saeed
    Architect, SoCal
  • techvape
    Psychologystudent.
  • MykieLikesit
    I am 26 married and I make custom dental night guards and retainers from home with a mail in impression kit people use to make a stone mold of thier teeth .. Also I do some 3d modeling texturing ect and sell that low key.. Oh and build custom PCs
  • n8thesk8
    I work in home health care and deal with chronic and acute illnesses with the senior citizen community. I'm on the business side/account manager. I also suffer from blood cancer and Ankylosing spondylitis, but through RSO, I'm being healed currently and feel fantastic (haven't missed a day of work in a year). I'm also an entrepreneuer who is looking at starting a very specific collective/retreat center where people can come when they first are diagnosed with a life altering illness, and start their "alternative treatment" with some guidance, peace, stressfree, and relaxing atmosphere. Looking at getting some land in Northern California in the Sierra Nevada/Cascades and looking for investors. Great opportunity and a way to help people in a system where "medical help" could end up being the poison that kills them. Love what you are doing Bud...love the new vape and can't wait to use it!!!
  • StuddlyBud
    I'm currently a driving instructor in San Francisco, also a motorcyclist, but train and have been training consistently in sanshou/sanda (kung fu fighting form) for 9 years and don't plan to stop.

I have a few plans from getting a city and county job (lots of money and is the ideal Ron Swanson type job lol if anybody caught the joke and seen parks and recreation), or starting up a business, and some other things...but this for now allows me some freedom. Firefighter is also a possibility and what was suggested to me by many... but I love my free time tho.
  • Kali
    I am happily retired. Former Family Therapist in the Addiction field...Came to vaping 4 years ago. Sometimes I wonder...I love vaping. There is nothing like greeting the morning with my vape in hand. I live in a state that has laws against this.
  • lucakush
    22 years old, about to start our own cbd hemp buds factory here in middle europe austria between the mountains due to new regulations of cbd % of under 0.3 %. got about 80 female ones out selected.they growin now under the sun since 2 months. in autumn is harvest time.
    never wanna work for everyone in this fkin system..and lovin vapes AF. got recently the dynavap m ..beast one..
  • SkabootchWolf
    Make apps and mobile games. Since I work from home like 2-3 days a week, I like to sneak off during days to the movie theaters. But, FireFly 2 is just annoying to take around. I don't know if its me, but its too much work for not enough vapour. Sure you can get it right, and its great.
  • Rich
    I was looking up past posts being new to this great forum and am surprised but glad to see I am not the only old timer here. I am 60 and just retired..I worked 39 years in the NY TV and film biz as a carpenter building sets..Have worked on many TV commercials,rock videos,soaps, and even the Cosby Show..And he was a bit of a jerk then when he walked behind a co worked on the table saw and said BOOOO..Could have lost a few fingers...Still work a few days a month part time in the biz cause NY is so crazy busy with TV shows..
  • BudsofWar
    I'm a full time daddy. Ex chef and ex customer service guru.
  • Karec
    Im 43, work for a foreign company in Asia in Oil & Gas, live in Portugal and travel between South America, Asia and Australia doing what needs to be done to get a pay check but taking all in from this experience to travel around the world. I work for money... sadly most of us do it for the money... waiting for legalisation to see if i can change my life and do what i love (and make some money in the way :lol: :rofl: :lol: )
    Cheers
  • Dazza78
    Retired Nurse and now full time house husband
  • Slowhand
    Retired IT executive. Actively looking for small companies that may need capital infusion for equity stakes.
  • Philly
    Professional break dancer
  • shaolinmilk
    Was lost at life until about 4 years ago. Got my shit together, currently working as a System Administrator in the IT field in Toronto Canada. Still got ways to go... need to make more money! I want to eventually lead a team and become an IT Project Manager, however I'm not exactly sure what I path or things I need to do in order to achieve this goal.
  • MothChewMoth
    @shaolinmilk I'm also a n00b and was just reading through all the old responses. Funny enough, I'm the Lead IT Project Manager for an extremely well known global consumer electronics company. If you're already in the IT field, the best advice I can give is to just keep asking for more responsibility on projects while self educating in the project management field by taking PM courses. I've been an IT tech for about 10 years and recently made the switch; it's much more fulfilling than my tech work.

I've also got an eclectic mix of background. 12-16 was a paperboy with 200+ homes done by bicycle. No days off, gotta deliver in rain, up hills, etc. Also taught me sales and customer service, having to do my own collections and marketing. 16-17 supermarket bag boy, 17-18 electronics sales. Then I went back to school to become a paramedic and firefighter. 20-21 I was a security guard for a prominent company who also had a fire protection unit, trying to get my for in the door. Around 22, during the hiring process with a SoCal fire department, blew out my shoulder and effectively scrapped those life plans. After that, I got a temp job on an IT helpdesk and was managing it within the year. I stayed there for almost 8 years to build up experience, and have been with my current gig for a little over 3. House, wife, kid, dog...21 year old me never would have suspected!
  • robvancity
    I’m a Banking & Wealth Manager. Retired in Downtown Vancouver, 27 years old, happily married, MMA lifestyle. Usually at home working on a portfolio of investments for steady income if not training.
  • shaolinmilk
    thanks for the response. I've been in the IT field for 4 years now. My company is so small that I don't really have an opportunity to learn from someone smarter. I've been applying to other companies in hopes of learning more from people with much more experience than me.
  • Pepe Silvia
    I’m a BBQ Restaurant and Bar owner in Lowell, MA https://www.millcitybbqandbrew.com (Ask for Pepe Silvia for 10% off)
  • beyond6strings
    I'm 63, a guitarist/composer/performer and recording artist from Gloucester, MA. Been touring nationally since the mid '90's.

Here's an example of why my handle is beyond6strings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjS5xY_OJgk
  • bigvapejoe
    am 39 work in england at bae systems on the f35 aircraft as a fitter
  • MAbud

I’ll come by in the new few weeks! Can’t wsit to try it
  • Baron23
    makes me quiver just to look at a tower. So, you climb towers?

I used to work for Ericsson as a PM building out mobile networks then for a while for Motorola as PM building out large public safety trunked radio systems. Both companies told me that if I set one foot on one rung of a tower, I was fired as they were not insured for that (we used tower contractors). I told them that they should have NO worries.

The funny thing is that I used to fly in the USAF and as long as there is a floor under me, I don't care how high or what orientation I'm at. But on a ladder, roof or a tower, I scream like a little girl. LOL

Thankfully retired this past 18 months and not missing telecom industry AT ALL. haha
  • Rockytdogg
    When I’m working, it’s in desktop publishing/ digital prepress/ variable data/ mailing and print fulfillment services. Haha... been doing it in different capacities since it all pretty much started in the early 90’s. When I’m “not working” I’m a stay home dad with an 11yo & 13yo and do various part-time gigs, as well as freelance design. Right now I’m “not working.”

Born and raised in Massachusetts and I have lived here for all 51 years.

Pepe, please, ftlog, can you get rid of Pats vs Philly Super Bowl catering ad on your website? I’ll still try to swing by your place anyway someday... thanks.

(Kinda kidding... kinda...)

Congrats tho @Philly! (Not sure if I ever did)
  • BobCat
    I was a world famous hand model, but I was not able to be master of my own domain.

I've been a cabbie and a stock clerk and a soda-fountain jock-jerk
    And a manic mechanic on cars.

Finally I went into Data Analysis: SQL, Salesforce, blah blah blah. I worked for the government- State not Federal. I moved to the private sector, became a corporate dropout twice. I quit my last job 5 months ago and am enjoying what I call my First Retirement and the forum. ✌
  • Ieyatsu
    Yeah! I've been working in telecoms since I was 18, and climbing towers about 6 years or so.

It's really curious how fear works. I mean... You use to work doing something that most of people would be scared to death to do, and at the same time you're afraid of climbing a ladder? That seems so bizarre to me. I always like heights, since I was a little kid I climb as high as I could to anything I could.

By the way, I would love to be able to fly by myself, that seems so f cool to me. Maybe one day I try to get a licence, but first I have to climb a lot more towers to save some money LOL , flying doesn't seem a cheap thing.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment