• VapeCritic
    Thank you all for your priceless feedback! Here is my new rating system for herbal vapes, I hope you find it helpful!

First to be rated under the new system are my current top picks for best portable vapes:

prl87zz9do06co1a.jpg

Where will the Ghost MV1 fall?? (I'll post updated chart tomorrow) 8-)

It'll take me a few days but all of the vapes on my site will have their ratings updated (Y)

I'll also post more details on how these ratings are calculated.

(Note: I didn't update the ratings on vapecritic.com yet)

Stay up!
    -Bud
    Attachment
    vaperatings (136K)
  • Landonit
    That's awesome man. I love it! I'd like to see a solo 2 review now
  • AsUwish
    I second this! ...Along with a comparison video :D
  • Mouette
    Nice! I like your new rating system. Very easy to see where a vape stands, what are its strength and weaknesses, ignore categories one cares less about, etc. I can see you really listened to everybody's feedback.

In the end we have a lot of categories, and a busy grid, but the colors really help and hovering the mouse over a column makes it easy not to get lost.

I don't know how good you are at programming? One thing I always enjoyed on review sites is to choose which two or three to oppose to each other. I'd go on a 'versus' page, select a few products, and see their information next to each other like your grid here does, but only with a few select products, making it easy on the eyes. That would be perfect ;)
  • Texan1967
    Maybe the addition of the "compare box" to isolate just the two (or three, or four). I know while researching I tend to develope a fondness for a particular item and start using it as a standard, until it's unseated and then a new standard emerges. I also tend to focus on the to or three most likely candidates, after that the rest of the field is reference material.
  • mrbiggiejones
    loads better I gotta say I see some of mine and others points in there (Y) just 4K video editing and with the new ratings system totally ahead of the game for now.
  • Terry Hutchinson
    Everyone will have a their rating opinion. The only score I will offer a quibble about is the Solo 2 score for cleanliness. It is by far the easiest vape to clean of those I own. How did it rate a 'C" in this category?
  • Landonit
    looks like he gave it a B in cleanliness. Unless I'm seeing things
  • Terry Hutchinson
    Yeah. Either I am more stoned than I thought or it was recently changed.
  • Landonit
    Could be either. I probably wouldn't have noticed but I'm currently at work and not stoned
  • AsUwish
    I literally just said the same thing at the MV1 thread! The Solo 2 is stupid easy to clean when necessary which is not often.
  • Sue
    and how does battery life not get an A + ?!
  • AsUwish
    It DOES go longer than the Mighty so, yeah. Also flavor is better because it's cleaner.
  • VapeCritic
    CLEANLINESS is how clean the vape looks and feels as you vape multiple sessions through it. Solo 2 has a long clear glass stem that builds up visible residue quickly, so I gave it a B.

MAINTENANCE is how easy it is to clean off said buildup, which I gave the Solo 2 an A, because it's not hard to clean.

BATTERY LIFE grades are now different because of the MV1, it's the only A+ rated battery now IMO, but the Mighty and Solo 2 are still an A, and when I calculate my ratings an A is a 95 an A+ is a 99 so it's not a huge thing
  • AsUwish
    In that case, with all due respect, I can not agree about the Solo 2 and Mighty having the same maintenance score when you have quite a few pieces to break down in the Mighty (which get very gunky). The Solo 2 on the other hand is just putting the glass stem in a zip-loc bag with iso and shake. Done.

Just my humble, honest experience with them.
  • VapeCritic
    The viewpoint becomes a lot different when you're considering 100's of vapes in your ratings! In the grand scheme of things the cleaning process for the Mighty and the Solo are not very different. MAYBE a half-letter score difference.

But out of curiosity what grades would you give each of them?
  • AsUwish
    But they are different. The Mighty has 4 O-rings, two screens, and three top pieces (cooling unit x2, mouthpiece). It requires us to repeat purchase accessories that will surely degrade with time and amount of use. That's another thing, the amount of time it takes to place all the pieces in a jar of iso and let sit for at least an hour to get it clean.

The Solo 2 has one piece you have to deal with. The glass stem (and perhaps the hardly ever 3 second swab of the chamber). I will give you that after every two to three 15 minute sessions, the stem shows build up but not to the point where it's gross. How much build up is enough to make you clean it is subject to the individual.

With all that said, I'd give the Mighty a B, maybe a B+ at best since you don't really have to go through the cleaning process for about two weeks or so before you notice a bit of a difference in vapor quality.

The Solo 2 should remain at A. One piece, done. It's that ease of use and maintenance that keeps me reaching for it more often than the Mighty I should note. But that's subjective.
  • MaryDwayne
    You say the ghost has better battery than the solo. 100 draws. From full charge to dead I've gotten 22 sessions exactly with my solo 2. When I did this test I was doing 10 minute sessions. Each session consisted of at least 10-15 good, potent hits. Thats 200+ draws. true the ghost's draws are on demand and could possibly be more potent(haven't tried) but those aren't the categories I am disputing. Do you honestly stand by the ghost in terms of battery life? have you tested them side by side? The ghost looks sick though! I need some more convection in my life. Hows the smell of the ghost if you have a half-vaped bowl loaded for later?
  • Sue
    i have to agree with you on this
  • mrbiggiejones
    I have had a solo, both your points are on spot on but in my opion it's the mighty for me yes it takes an hour to soak in ISO but there's more parts to clean than a solo but you clean both in the same manor easy, but if you are abit of a clean freak like myself .In order for the glass to stay pristine clean on a solo it has to be done a lot more times than the mightys sealed black unit and dosing caps which gives you that CLEANLINESS look alot lot longer. Hence why I grew tired of the solo for this reason mighty hands down winner.

(But this may depend on if you are person that gets bothered by a drink given in a dirty glass :-! )
  • Cedar
    Using the new ratings lingo, a solid A+ for the content and format. Thanks, Bud. Get some sleep.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment