• Aimless Ryan
    You know the awesome smell that awaits you every time you approach the front door of any pizzeria that's had the same deck ovens for 50 years? That smell comes from day after day—year after year—of pizza guts oozing out onto the oven's hot ceramic baking surface. Which never gets cleaned by anything but heat and a wire brush. Which keeps it stained in a way that can never be visually presentable to certain people.

I think it's funny when people try to keep their home from temporarily smelling like that.

I also think it's funny when people make an effort to keep their baking stones looking spotless. If you use your baking stone correctly, it'll never be "clean," yet it will always be clean.
  • justjustin
    You made your point aimless Ryan. Great analogy. Thanks for the info on pizza and ceramics. Not sure if I'll be baking pizzas with my MV1 but I do like brick oven pizza. Next time I have a question for Bud, I'll just ask you. I think it's funny when people think they know everything. No need to comment on the ceramics Bud, I got my answer.
  • techvape

Uhh nice!
    Also I wondered how the flavour is in comparison to the firefly 2?
  • Aimless Ryan
    Hey *******, it's a lot more relevant than you want to believe.

Mod - now Ryan, you know there is no name calling here or on the other forum I see you posting on. Disagree over facts, but please no name calling or negative personal characterizations. Thanks
  • Baron23

We all have our individual views of these types of things. I know Bud is pretty anal about cleanliness and some things bother the crap out of him that I don't even notice. We seem to have lots of people on the edge (or over the edge LOL) of OCD and others who are definitely more Oscar like total slobs than Felix like clean freaks (see The Odd Couple for the reference) and everything in between.

Myself personally, I also don't really care about staining on ceramic as its going to happen eventually, it being a porous substance. I view it kind of like the aging and seasoning of a Meerschaum pipe. I get it that others have different views and priorities. Just the way it is.

To me, the crucibles are consumable items...not one and done as they aren't nearly as cheap as S&B dosing capsules, but I do see them exposed to wear and tear and fear they will just need periodic replacement if 'new' taste and smell are important to you.

As for soaking ceramic in ISO....this is a question that goes beyond just the MV-1 as there is ceramic in many other vapes. Personally, while I don't mind taking a q-tip damp with ISO and cleaning out an oven or a ceramic pen atomizer, I wouldn't be comfortable soaking in ISO as the ceramic will absorb it. Yeah, you should be able to dry it out sufficiently with time to ensure that there is no ISO left, but ISO fumes is not something you want to vape.

Just my opinion.
  • justjustin
    geez aimless ryan, what did I do? Sorry upsetting you so much. I was only asking a question but apparently it was a pretty stupid one. I can appreciate your point of view and I know what your saying, it's relevant, I get it but I just want to hear what Bud or anyone with an MV1 has to say about this part / cleaning, no big deal! I would appreciate the same understanding, this is a forum on vaporizers.....that's what I want to talk about, not argue with you. I had no idea a question like this would get so ugly or I wouldn't have bothered.

Thanks Baron23,
    That's exactly it, everyone is different and have different preferences for vaping. I definitely like to be able to clean my vapes thoroughly, so just wondering about the MV1 process, that's just me. I'm glad people think different, the world wouldn't work if we all thought the same.

Baron23, I wasn't sure if soaking a material like ceramic in ISO was a good idea for drying, residual reasons and degradation. I've done it before too, mainly soaking atomizer parts and they seemed fine after a water bath to help purge the ceramic. Some ceramic is definitely easier to clean than others. The Sidekick, Source Ceramic Nails etc. are more porous and are harder to clean / keep clean. Other ceramic is smoother, more polished or may have a glass coating like the IQ chamber, Ascent, Boundless Chambers, Flowermate chambers etc. and they clean up easier. I'm wondering what type is in the MV1? The Crucibles appear to be like the Sidekick, Source type ceramics. I haven't really come across ceramics used in the vapor paths before that I can think of besides the IQ but that's a different type altogether. I've also used q-tips dipped in ISO for chambers like the Sidekick and it works pretty well but maybe there's a better way? I don't care about stains or how the ceramic looks, I don't care, I just want to hear how dirty this piece gets, how it is to clean and if there is a potential to impact the flavor. Does it get bad like the Mighty/Crafty Cooling tops or does the metal and glass of the heat sink / mouthpiece assembly take most of the build up? You can have stains on ceramic, like my Sidekick chamber, its all good, it actually seems better, as I've mentioned on this thread earlier. I'm thinking that this ceramic piece may not have hardly any build up at all, I just want to know more about it and how the device is to clean, that's all. Just trying to find things to talk about / discuss while we wait another month, hopefully not more until we can find out for ourselves.

This is really a super small issue that I just want to hear more about and what other people do or recommend but I should probably just drop it.
  • Baron23
    but I should probably just drop it.justjustin

I don't see any reason to do that....its a valid question. I think the upper part of the Mighty/Crafty is ceramic but with that smooth coating as you mentioned...but they stain a bit also.

Since Bud is indeed the only one to have used it, he's the only one who can tell us about the finish on the ceramic crucible and how much reclaim/stain it collects.

All good.
  • Aimless Ryan
    If I was a dick, I didn't mean to be a dick. But if you meant to be a dick, so did I.
  • Vaporthusiastic
    I hear so many excuses being made it's pretty embarrassing, For example

Claim: The crucibles stain easily which is unsightly and could affect performance or taste.

Excuse: WELL WHO CARES JUST TAKE WHATEVER THEY GIVE YOU AND LIKE IT!!

Instead of the excuse BS I offer this.

Intelligent Solution: Produce stainless steel and glass crucibles that could eliminate this issue and improve performance or taste.
  • starzboy77
    Where is the Ghost being manufactured from? The silence on this leads me to believe it won't be an optimal answer.
  • pFresh

Another option would be to go to a bar, buy a pound of chicken wings for the same price, take home three wet wipes and some toothpicks and you are even. But I guess you wouldn't get those three q-tips, now I see where the money goes :-}
  • pFresh

Ceramic is a fine choice, though the choice to go with white ceramic specifically was interesting as it leads to staining. Every other manufacturer I have seen leveraging the material seems to use black ceramic. I guess we know why now.
  • pFresh

+1

I have both the Mighty and the Solo 2. Both are great vapes, each with their pros and (limited) cons. IMHO, I find the potency and overall experience to be more enjoyable with the Solo 2. It's a pretty sexy piece of kit and a steal for all it costs. I still need a convection vape though. I like to play vids so a session vape doesn't work well in team based games and is where on demand is perfect. The FF2 had it's place for this, hoping the MV1 (or maybe Haze Square) can dethrone it. The FF2 being the King Joffrey of course, everyone will be kind of glad when it's gone ;)
  • justjustin

pretty sure they are being produced in China but Ghost is based in Eurpoe, England I think?

NVM about the cleaning question for the ceramic piece in the heat sink, ill find out soon enough and I've used enough ceramic to get a good idea what to expect. I'm sure Ghost tried different materials for the Crucible and landed on ceramic because it offers pure taste, can withstand extreme heat and cools quickly and its probably cheaper and easier to work with than metal or glass / quartz. I was also curious how other materials would work for the Crucible and if they might add a boost for vapor because one might be more conductive than another but maybe that's also a negative...?

As for the heat sink / mouthpiece assembly, it's interesting that they used 3, actually 4 separate materials for this part, metal alloy, ceramic and glass. Those 3 being in direct contact with the vapor and the 4th material, silicone may not be exposed to any vapor at all. I think its just a seal for the stem?
  • justjustin
    "We expect a limited number of units will be available from an advanced shipment arriving within the next few weeks and will be increasing availability as soon as possible thereafter, with our first main delivery from our factory expected to be arriving towards the end of August" ~Ghost Website

So, is there still an advanced shipment like it says or is that what was delayed?
  • okla68m
    I Didn't wait...pulled the trigger on an E-Nano......now it's the mailman watch game !
  • okla68m

I agree 100%, Ceramic is Pourous....the Oven of my XS is Ceramic...I cleaned it a few times, but, Stained it Is....if ya want Pure each time...glass is IT......IMO!
  • gemgirl
    So if we are interested in getting one, should we sign up on the ghost site or wait for a link here?
  • StuddlyBud
    use this link

https://www.ghostvapes.com/?acc=6f4922f45568161a8cdf4ad2299f6d23

It's Bud's link so you can get the free fast charger as a special gift from Bud. Click on which color mv1 you want, then it will ask you to enter an email to reserve the color you want when they do finally start taking orders.
  • justjustin
    did Bud ever say what metal the heater coils are made of? Steel or Titanium? It looks like they are wrapped around a post in the diagram, ceramic post possibly?
  • AsUwish
    Almost done with the video? :D
  • VapeCritic
    Final rendering now!
  • VapeCritic
    Should have new video posted within an hour or so
  • StuddlyBud
    Good, cus I'm doing laundry and then after that I train for sanshou, so could use a good pick-me-up.
  • Chaotix
    but doesn't that describe who/what boundless is/are/do??
  • techvape
    maybe that describes both of them. I was just remembering/quoting what but wrote somewhere before. I dunno where it was...
  • TheHulliCopter
    This thing looks sweet this will become my cordless at home vape, and my FF2 will be going mobile. However i need I need asnwers to the following questions:
    1 can the mv1 be used while its charging
    2 whats the app like i watched part two of your review and did not see the app
  • TheHulliCopter
    Also how did the FF2 score lower on portability when it is literally smaller and lighter than the MV1?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet

Welcome to Vape Life Forum!