• joe4233
    Never bought a vape before, am 72 yrs old. Been smoking for about 50 yrs, mostly joints. My question, the Plenty or the Ghost MV1. Which to buy is the question. Joe4233
  • Richard Powell
    Plenty. The ghost vape won't be available anytime within the next couple of weeks. So if you can't wait..plenty
  • mrbiggiejones
    if its portability your after there is also another you may want to consider its tried and tested device very similar to a joint. I would consider a mighty its the one that made me convert tbh and I'm sure a lot of hard core veterans on here could back my recommendation as far as ghost goes it looks fiddly to me and with you saying your an older man you may run into troubles(no offence) with the delays with ghost aswell and the way they are unveiling There product it's any ones guess. I'm a firm believer if your wanting to stop now there's a bloody good device which would meet your needs and maybe if your pockets are deep enough the ghost would definitely complement the mighty by buds updated ratings its a point better so when it does get into the publics hands it may not sit the same way but mighty is a safe bet no special technique simply load and vape this is why it's regarded the best by many for some time hope this helps.
  • SmokeOn
    Glad you started this thread! I was in this same boat on Monday... ordered the Plenty because I got tired of waiting on the Ghost. It hasn't arrived yet but I think I've got a great first vape on my hands. I will also get the Ghost, but have been disappointed with the hype followed by a lackluster fail of a release... and that's nobody's problem, I just decided that if they can make me wait, then I can make them wait. I've never tried either, but based on what I've read I think they're both best in class. Cheers!
  • SmokeOn
    I agree with you. Unimpressed with the Ghost's "weird and unpredictable launch and communication" and even Bud is t fully aware apparently. I've never even tried it, but from all I've read I can't disagree with the Mighty over the Ghost. Valid points and I may personally add a Mighty to my collection to accompany the Plenty. Nothing wrong with going with the proven leaders S&B.
  • mrbiggiejones
    never had the pleasure to use a plenty heard great things but it's abit of a herb muncher and don't like to be beholden to a power supply but along with all S&B stuff I'm sure it's good I've had a volcano and loved it but as it's a plug in and the bags are noisy I didn't use it to its fullest hence I prefer the mighty I can take that any where round my gaff and not be beholden to power outlet the plenty volcano may hit you a little more but they have bigger chambers but how easy the caps are for the mighty you can just pop another in and off you go it's just an effortless vape. (Y)
  • SmokeOn
    Luckily I work from home and will use the Plenty as a desktop vape. I'll need a portable one too and am torn between the Mighty vs Ghost.
  • MykieLikesit
    also not sure if i should get a plenty or ghost .. maybe a mighty but bud said the plenty was the more like hitting a joint , and i wonder how the ghost stacks up
  • MykieLikesit
    also it seems the plenty and mighty have refillable baskets too(dont think it comes in the box thoe) . like the ghost but all metal mesh so i like that too// also offtopic considering the grasshopper
  • Baron23
    I agree...if he goes with the Mighty, I feel very confident he will be satisfied with vaping.

just for the record, I'm only 64 but also have been using MJ for 50 years, almost all smoking joints, pipes, and bongs. The Mighty wasn't my first portable vape, but it is the one I would pick to keep if all others had to go away.

Good luck...some great vapes out there now.
  • SmokeOn
    I'll have my Plenty tomorrow and can update
  • VapeCritic
    Both !

Plenty is tried and true, I still use mine almost daily.

I love the MV1 too, but as of yet nobody else has one to compare.
  • Naked Paradox
    The plenty really is a great device, the completely free flowing air and the density of the vapour is like nothing else I've tried, personally. Although it seems that the ghost performs just as well and it's portable, so I'd hold out for that.
  • SmokeOn
    Been a while cause I've been in the freaking clouds. The Plenty is just that... Plenty! Whoa. VapeCritic FTW!

I've registered on the Ghost site and will buy an MV1 as my portable of choice. Gonna give it a go. Tempted to get the Mighty instead, but the spotty battery complaints that Ive read make me a bit concerned. Hopefully the Ghost will last a long time, like I'm sure this Plenty will.
  • Kakarot
    Plenty is my daily driver
  • DabConnection
    Having not tried the MV1 and given that no one else can yet, if I had to buy blind I would buy the German made product, the Plenty.
  • Kali
    How about the CFX vs mighty
  • Chronic Pain
    Plus... The Plenty and the Volcano both have chamber filling reducers (use less herb) that work well with their Dosing Capsules. I have both and they work great! I also have the Mighty and Crafty...

O.K... I'm kind of a Storz & Bickel fanboy. (L)
  • Kakarot
    I bleed Orange and Black.. I have a Mighty and Plenty i use them both daily and really they are the only 2 vapes I need. I am about to get a Crafty as well just to have one and some point a Volcano. I always buy straight from the S&B Store/website they have never done me wrong.
  • theCerberus
    The use of conduction within the Plenty is what makes it a fail IMO. I never use my plenty because, like any other conduction vape, it doesnt give me pain relief. That and its terrible battery life.

Only portable thats acceptable to me right now is Firefly (1 or 2).
  • Wallace
    I can't disagree with you the battery life of the plenty sucks. I can't get even a single whole session without having to plug it in the wall..... What a shame ....
    LOL
  • Rhys
    You guys mean the Crafty, yeah? :) Agree with you, for sure though.

I didn't realise conduction and convection provided a different kind of support for pain relief. Interesting to know! Makes me even more keen for the MV1. :D
  • Chronic Pain
    The Might and Crafty are Portable... The Plenty is a corded handheld “wipe style” vaporizer.

Just my opinion...
    As pain relief goes I think it has more to do with what type of pain you have (joint, muscle, nerve, etc) and the strain of cannabis you are using and your preferred consumption method.

As a person who is recovering from Cancer and suffers from Trigeminal Neuralgia (Bad Nerve/Muscle Pain) I have found you have to do A LOT of testing. :B
  • theCerberus
    Yeah sorry I meant the crafty. And yes I understand differences in strains. I use the same strain in both devices and find only convection works.
  • Baron23
    Well, we are all unique and different. I'm a chronic neuropathic pain and sedation MMJ user and find just the opposite. While I love my pure convection vapes, I actually really like the end of a load in the Mighty (particularly when using the dosing capsules) when I get those last conduction like draws.

Cheers
  • Kakarot
    Uhhh the Plenty plugs into the wall there is no battery and also... The Plenty is CONVECTION it may be a little bit of a hybrid due to the stainless steel chambers but other than that its pretty much full convection.
  • theCerberus
    I don't think you read the previous post I just made
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube