• zancru

p1weejrexn9tqhyz.jpeg

Yep... just arrived on set temp there, 858F ... coil temps fluctuates between 844-45F...
    But massive tasty clouds on hand now... microdosing... video coming soon ;)
  • zancru
    Just upped the set temp at 858F... heater between 844-45F....tvhnu369ygz3upfi.jpeg

Dusted off the latest Durban Poison batch....
    qstchrhgwme8q5l9.jpeg

Grinded coarse....
    qqosxvisqxxkd060.jpeg

Loaded 1/4 teaspoon (1.25ml) of sweet green...
    j4feod1k8gb65l44.jpeg

And see results by yourself ;)
    By the way... it’s a 1 Liter volume Vodka bottle I DIY to a pipe, circa 2012... it rocks, and provides a really open bouquet of flavors... probably the big volume...
    It’s huge... but the GS excels.... @GS jojo

Stay vaped and toasty...
  • Dr green thumb
    keep up the vape videos. I'm glad to see its paying off with huge vapor clouds.
  • EconMan
    Dusted off the latest Durban Poison batch....
    zancru
    qstchrhgwme8q5l9.jpeg
    That's some good looking bud. :)
  • zancru
    I’m giving all my glass toys, a chance to enjoy the GS... there’s a lot of gossip and jealousy between my water pipes collection jajajaja
    Now is turn to my favorite... OG Clear Matrix by Möbius... best diffusion I ever tried...no water this time jajajaja
    Missing the U adapter and Fred the Chicken ;)
    It made things easier and funny too...
    Enjoy y Salud....
    Durban Poison tastes wonderful with the GS...
    “El Veneno de Durban”...,

Stay vaped...
  • zancru
    I was getting a lot of dirty screens and floating debris in my glass...
    I decided to lower temps to 777F...

enqjklxlklh3jkeu.jpeg

I set up a SS screen at the beggining of the funnel....
    5m4x4e4am55jlkqx.jpeg

very nice results....
    ye4h920y95v554lc.jpeg

and again.....
    srw2xixewklyzzn7.jpeg

this last ABV is after setting at the right position the SS screen.... very uniform ABV...
    i7ia9t1ntrqy0zzs.jpeg

Check this last ABV video shot.... enjoy and stay vaped....
  • Dr green thumb
    how did you decide on what temperature to use? 777. And have you combusted with this vape yet?
  • zancru
    I started going lower and trying....
    trial and error.... never combusted.... I have previous experience with Versa Infinity..... another very powerful all glass convection vape.... with booster feature.... I learnt with that beast.... pretty similar beast here.... so tasty my people....
  • Dr green thumb
    nice, is that hemp fiber?
  • Zow237
    I have been rocking my gs since it was released :) I bought the 2nd one made and still using the og heater. Waiting to get my new heater in a week or 2. Nothing even compares desktop wise ime. I absolutely love the flavs and the effects of this vape :). @GS jojo did such a great job and has great cs :). Finally bought a stand and now it just feels perfect :)
  • GS jojo

Thanks for all the videos and posts!!

Very inventive with the mesh on top. The funnel bowl is pretty much the same thing but with a better lip for holding the screen. You could also use an EQ basket like lazylathe does. EQ baskets offer a very dense hit. The mesh I use is much finer than any basket. The fine mesh is so fine that it cannot be made into a basket.

I was getting a lot of dirty screens and floating debris in my glass...zancru
    I find hand torn and packing down helps with the glass mesh bowl. Longs slow pulls like a log vape.

Did you find more flavor with the mesh or the all glass?

I find glass to be superior for flavor but if I want some visuals and a faster draw I grab a steel mesh bowl.

Be sure to try a fine grind with the fine mesh.

Cheers! Thanks!!!

UPDATE:
    Thanks to each and every one of you that have supported the Glass Symphony. Have a great holiday season!!!!!!

Holiday Bowl Sale:

Glass mesh bowl $35USD ....sale price: $27USD
    “Stadium” bowl $25USD ....sale price: $16USD
    “Funnel” bowl $15USD ....sale price: $9USD
    Fine mesh screen for the “funnel: $2USD ....sale price:$1USD

Email to order. Sale ends 11/26/2018 @ midnight PST.
  • LabPong
    Nothing even compares desktop wise ime.Zow237

Have you used the Elev8R with a coil? That is the best in my opinion as someone that is sensitive and has super high taste and smell. I like the Elev8R because its is all glass and the heating element(s) are never in the air/vapor path ever. The only limiting thing is the SS screen in the open bottom glass bowl.

I would someday like to try a glass symphony....the only thing that limits me from purchasing it is the fact that it is so ....."non-compact" to put it nicely...haaa

I enjoy how fast and simple the Elev8r is to use with torch or coil. I have a flowerpot too...but it does not get much use....just 1-2 times per week.....Elev8R is my go to powerhouse.
  • Zow237
    @LabPong yeah I had an elev8er with cool and to be honest I only used it for a week and wasn’t happy so I sold it. I couldn’t get the coil to be close enough to not be red. I get the non compact issue. It’ll be worth it to atleast try :)
  • LabPong
    LabPong yeah I had an elev8er with cool and to be honest I only used it for a week and wasn’t happy so I sold it. I couldn’t get the coil to be close enough to not be red. I get the non compact issue. It’ll be worth it to atleast try :)Zow237

You probably should of given it more time....but that is in the past...maybe future. It depends on how you use the coil and heater with the Elev8R. I use it with the coil 2 different ways.

1. Put coil on heater and wait for temp to draw. Then maybe one more draw if you did not get enough on first. (stirring is needed after every draw for me as I take a good sized draw). Then take the coil off the heater to stir. At this point you have cooled off the glass heater enough that when you reattach the coil...it will have to be aggressive to get back to temp...so it will be red for a bit until it settles close to the needed/set temp.

2. I have been doing this lately.....(this is the non-safe or "non-Bud way...lol) Some people probably use this way as well...but differently.

I do not use the sick clip and leave the coil on the glass heater all the time for my session. But the length of time of this type session for me....is short so the heater isn't over stressed as I like the glass one better for coils. (i use quarts for torching). Basically when I am done with the draw....I pull the heater piece off with the coil. My coil slightly grabs the glass and has to be turned a bit to pull off the glass heater. So i carefully pull off the heater and coil....then directly on to a 18mm glass joint stand so it sits on the side off the bowl. Then stir as needed and put heater back on. Bamm you are hitting again after a full stir and you have the heater back on at top temp and you then do not have to wait for a semi cooled off heater to get back to temp...in about 30sec-2mins.

So this method of use is when I want to get ripped quick or have little time. It is very unsafe though....so always be super cautious when not using the sick clip method.

Hope this helps with use of the coil on the Elev8R.
  • GS jojo
    I would someday like to try a glass symphony....the only thing that limits me from purchasing it is the fact that it is so ....."non-compact" to put it nicely...haaaLabPong

There is a thermal limit to all things. The bigger the thing, the bigger the limit.

When I made the GS there was a moment where I thought about compatibility and I ditched it for a strong hit. The strong hit means more than anything. Are you vaping for bubbler compatibility or to get high? That's the question for me.

Maybe we can keep tips for non-GS vapes to their thread? I get you like what you like.
  • LabPong
    Sorry for driving the train well off the tracks....

There is a thermal limit to all things. The bigger the thing, the bigger the limit.GS jojo

I was wondering what limits the ability to make your design/heater smaller? I keep thinking about how simple and small Bud's G43 is and how much extraction power it has for its size and mass. I have been wondering about your vape for awhile and thought some point you could make it more compact somehow.
  • Baron23
    what limits the ability to make your design/heater smaller?LabPong

Mass, perhaps....the mass of the a given heat sink in an ambient atmosphere can absorb only a certain degree of energy which it releases into the air path. More heat sink mass = more BTUs = more stability under load.

Its pretty much that simple.
  • lazylathe

Please let me know how the new heater works compared to the OG heater. I love my GS with funnel bowl and EQ screen!
    I have been tossing the idea of upgrading the heater to the latest version if there are any benefits.

I will PM you about some things and to discuss some options!
    Today is moving day, so give me a week or so!

PS- The GS is on top of the pile ready to be plugged in and switched on once we arrive!!
  • zancru

Oh boy.... thought you already moved.
    Guess it was all the paperwork and mortgage and etc etc of a house dealio first ;)
    Well, best of luck while moving.
    Couple pillows will protect the GS while on the move instead of boxing it ;)
    “Blankie it” like a baby ;) jajajaja
    Excellent choice for a just bought house.
    I always rent, so I’ll need to box the GS if I didn’t live alone.
    Luckily I rent a 2 bedroom apartment all for myself.
    Keep us posted and show us the new vaping station.
    I’m guessing it’s going to give me some ideas, since we share some heavy hitters lineup.
  • GS jojo
    Congrats on the new home!!

I am honored that GS No.1 is still serving you well and that it has stood the test of time. Who's tried more vapes than you? Not many.

The current heater is the same wattage. I did make a couple tiny changes to the heater glass along the way from GS No.1. The current heater glass is a little shorter at the top (although when you want to get a heater out, the longer ones are nicer). The heat transfer material is the most refined thing. The big jump was Nov of last year when I changed up the mix. I did do one more change this past summer. I'd expect you to run at a lower temp with a new heater.

I have had some customers buy a spare heater so they always have a backup. I can also rebuild any heater if the heat transfer material has cracked up too much. This is prob easier for folks in the USA.

Hit me up when you are settled.

I'm always experimenting with something thanks to all of the folks supporting the GS. Anything can be made smaller but there are always tradeoffs. One big kick is as heaters get smaller, the herb needs to get closer. This is the worst thing for flowers. Terpenes are the first thing to go when you add conduction. For the GS, when you pack a bowl you can sip it or walk away from it at your leisure. The vape as all convection. Nothing boils until you breathe. The bowls are also easy to load and unload since they don't have to be wedged up against the heater.

As far as performance goes, the GS can extract a bowl in a breath. A bubbler is more of a pass-through than a collector.

Here is an old vid of a small dose. Notice how the vapor shows up and fades during the hit. The GS can do this for larger amounts too :P
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W4PRFH5qrA

I heard a lyric the other day... "Physics makes us all its bitches".

You're spot on.
  • LabPong
    ↪LabPong

I'm always experimenting with something thanks to all of the folks supporting the GS. Anything can be made smaller but there are always tradeoffs. One big kick is as heaters get smaller, the herb needs to get closer. This is the worst thing for flowers. Terpenes are the first thing to go when you add conduction. For the GS, when you pack a bowl you can sip it or walk away from it at your leisure. The vape as all convection. Nothing boils until you breathe. The bowls are also easy to load and unload since they don't have to be wedged up against the heater.

As far as performance goes, the GS can extract a bowl in a breath. A bubbler is more of a pass-through than a collector.

Here is an old vid of a small dose. Notice how the vapor shows up and fades during the hit. The GS can do this for larger amounts too :P
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W4PRFH5qrA
    GS jojo

Awesome......great info and insight for me to understand your design and what is going on. I recognise what you mean by seeing vapor production/extraction tapering off during the draw. I have that situation with one of my desktops and not with another....its all about consistent mass of heat through the load.

I can see your design theory and intention....hummmmm dammm makes me want another vape again...hehehe I am an absolute taste demon and expect as much as possible. I'm totally a candidate for your vape! :ok:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment