• Futurevapors
    yeah there’s no doubt that lid is a god send
  • EconMan
    Jr :love:
  • EconMan

And it is a beautiful desk ornament. Mine sits on my desk. Just took the first rip of the day.... so nice. I'm an "intense" person and and I like my vape hits to be on that side as well.

In the daytime I find myself using either my FF2 or the SBJ a few times. Then when I'm done working I prefer dabs now. I was very impressed with the Puffco Peak -- used it once -- and so am considering buying one today :)
  • Dr green thumb
    I got a little carried away with my junior just now and pre heated the glass inlet then immediately took my normal first inhale. I was rewarded with a rush of vapor that had me coughing like a dab. I opened it up and I had used all my herb in one hit without combusting. My material was a nice dark brown and I'm medicated.
  • Futurevapors
    yeah I’m intense person also dude, we’re a rare breed my man!

Yeah I’m counting the days down til I get a Exotic Padauk Runt, very excited. And I was looking at getting a Battery vape purely for portability but there’s non that have me Gripped. That said the MV-1 Stealth is a nice game changer in the look’s department. And I’m just going to make a very quick legit decision and get a Dynavap Omnivap :fire:
  • Futurevapors
    Mate I totally know the feeling, pulling off an outrageously big Rip without combusting awesome!!!

No messing with Butane, slap’s your smile clean off :fire:
  • EconMan
    I got a little carried away with my junior just now and pre heated the glass inlet then immediately took my normal first inhale. I was rewarded with a rush of vapor that had me coughing like a dab. I opened it up and I had used all my herb in one hit without combusting. My material was a nice dark brown and I'm medicated.Dr green thumb

I just tried that! Wow. I like it :100:

I took your idea, loaded a large bowl, and warmed the glass hot without holding the carb (let a little heat get into the chamber". I took an instant giant ripper, then a bigger 2nd, and even the 3rd rip was worth it. I shall remember this technique. :love:
  • EconMan
    QUESTION

Best attainable lighter for SBJ? Don't care about cost (within reason). The one that came with it has died, thankfully, as it was always volatile. So it seems I should invest in a proper one. Whichever one, it is, I need it to have a "lock" setting so I don't have to keep holding the thumb button.

Ok. It was always volatile in expectations but it did not die, but was murdered. I got frustrated with it and threw it off my back porch into the woods :yikes:

Mod note posts merged
  • Cl4ud3
    Can you use the edit function please to limit back to back postings. There is a 30 minute edit if you miss something in a post. :up:
  • highasakite
    That's gotta be way too big for a Sticky Brick, man. Check out the video in the first review. :rofl:

It might work great if you have an Elev8R though!

And I've felt like throwing almost every butane torch I've ever owned in the woods - they all suck....but I really wish I had woods off my back porch to do something like this. Unfortunately, only neighbors in all directions. :grimace:
  • EconMan

Thanks. It was so cheap I took a risk and ordered. Looks small and easy :)
  • Dr green thumb
    that kitchen torch will over power the brick. I upgraded slightly in size to a techno s129 single flame torch and have been getting awesome results. I'm actually able to get a good haze going in a room off of only 3-4 draws. I only fill it half full and never pack it.
  • EconMan
    that kitchen torch will over power the brick. I upgraded slightly in size to a techno s129 single flame torch and have been getting awesome results. I'm actually able to get a good haze going in a room off of only 3-4 draws. I only fill it half full and never pack it.Dr green thumb

Yes, you make a good point. I want a small flame like the lighter I had with a bit a more substantial housing.
  • Futurevapors
    Also while in the middle of the Rip i'd let my finger off the Carb Hole for a second and that heats up the chamber.

I'm new to this heating up the intake "personally" I haven't felt a need to preheat Glass and i don't know what that actually does for the ride? Please don't think i'm knocking this as I’m more intrigued.

I like to use the sheer power of the flame to start pushing hot air through the vapor path of any sticky brick, then when I feel that connection and start to see vapor appear I then start drawing with a very steady pull making a small hole with my lips as honestly no one needs to be drawing hard at all with these bricks :starstruck:
  • EconMan
    no one needs to be drawing hard at all with these bricksFuturevapors

You don't use the Mini-Bubbler :joke:
  • Futurevapors
    Try with a bigger flame, let me know :fire:

I’m interested to know if that helps on the Bubbler. Also Yes I need to go Aquavaping :sweat: and get my first Bubbler
  • warren0728
    i think i'm finally get the technique down fairly consistently ... it really is more of a feel thing ... with all the variances with inhale speed and flame position and such ... very organic ... oh and i am using it without the restrictor ... i seem to get better results without it?

anyone using the mighty dosing capsules in the jr.?
  • bum karacho
    anyone using the mighty dosing capsules in the jr.?warren0728

yes they are working good with coarse grind and i turn the capsules after few hits on the backside... you need more heat with capsules...yvmunarxf28b7ydc.jpg
  • Futurevapors
    yup the JR awakens sense’s you didn’t know you had.

You can hear clearly when your flame is in the center hotspot, and once there is just keep that chamber temp steady. I like a good size flame always.

Try keeping your draw speed/flow the same always and just move touch back and forth to counterbalance overheating.

It’s all about dialing into the right temp then staying at that thoghout the Rip. clax9g57mf29e57d.jpeg
  • Dr green thumb
    I'm getting as much vapor consistently from my sb junior as I get from dabbing sometimes more. I touched on this briefly earlier but here's my exact technique. First I load the chamber just a touch more than halfway full with herb that is ground medium (fine clogs the screen faster) leave it loose no tamping and make sure it is spread evenly throughout. Next make sure all holes are covered, then take your torch and heat the top of the glass inlet piece were it flares out for 10-12 seconds immediately use it like you would normally keeping all holes covered . I get about 4 good draws off it stirring in between. I am using a techno torch sb129 just slightly larger than the eagle torch.

2v8fderz5kkcrgs6.jpg
    obbblk91vebwri5a.jpg
  • warren0728
    i might give it a try ... i wonder what the grind of my santa cruz shredder is ... probably mediumish?

i haven't preheated the glass before ... can't hurt to give it a try
  • EconMan
    I’m interested to know if that helps on the Bubbler. Also Yes I need to go Aquavaping :sweat: and get my first BubblerFuturevapors

Actually, the bubbler makes easier to "rip" it, so torch skills become paramount. However, because there is some glass, one can see one's vapor which becomes an additional point of info in torching strategy, Because it is cooler, I do toke harder, even if unintentionally, Without the bubbler, "combusting" on my SBJ is experienced by "spot combusts" (little micro spots on the bowl but not the whole bowl), but with the Bubbler, given a combustion, when you make that Type II error is generally a nasty combust.

I use the bubbler probably half of the time I use my SBJ. Depend on my mood. But my newfound use of it with Stiiizy's has me happy :)
  • EconMan
    i wonder what the grind of my Santa Cruz shredder is ... probably mediumish?warren0728

Mine is medium/coarse (regular)
    Fine (upside down)

At least that's what they said.
  • Magicman
    el jefe say....
    medium grind works best in the SBJ.
  • Futurevapors
    Always being prepared to over come the start of combustion by a dramatically change in draw speed always brings me cleanly back from combusting. It’s like hitting the Breaks on a car, or i tactically bring the flame very close and get a thick mp but then pull the heat back quickly, gives you a nice quick throat Rip, like smoking a pure cannabis joint
  • kek
    Hi guys do yo know which product i can put on the wood to keep it clean and brillant? Like the Sticky butter, thx
  • Dr green thumb
    I use Howard feed and wax. It is an excellent product. I use it around the house as well. It is a product favored by wood restorers.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment