• Zep4

So happy you have yours....when can the rest of us stoners get one...........?...........
  • Zep4

Very anxious.
  • EasyToSlip
    Great review. You addressed many questions and made everything very clear. Delay is disappointing. Not your fault. And the delay does not deter me from wanting this vape.
    I want to buy an MV1 through your link and get your bonuses. (Thank you for arranging that.)
    I have already used your link to indicate my interest, but there is no confirmation from Ghost that I am in the queue to get one of the first units or that I came through your referral link.
    Is there any clarification of the ordering process that you can provide while we wait for the first shipment to show up at Ghost USA?
  • Baron23
    Yes, I would agree with you that in almost all cases, if a vape is making a high pitched "humming" sound it is indeed the pulse width modulation power control circuit doing its thing...like most any other digital device these days.

Went back to the first two seconds and still couldn't hear it. Just like in the old animated movie, The Point, as the Rockman said to Oblio..."just goes to show you see what you want to see and hear what you want to hear".

If I don't hear it, it doesn't exist (yeah, its right up there with deep shit like if a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there to hear, does it make a sound.....by the by, the answer is absolutely yes unless you are completely solipsistic).

Cheers
  • SkabootchWolf
    Vapecritic what size is the crucible?

I'm wondering if I can put spare crucibles in a caddy for S&B dosing capsules.
  • Baron23
    the dosing capsules are round. The crucible is oblong. Don't think that will work
  • duff
    @Baron23 you earn points for whipping out the Oblio reference!
    Harry Nilsson was a renaissance man.
  • Baron23
    Harry Nilsson was a true mensch who also wrote beautiful music. His music for the Midnight Cowboy was just so creative and beautiful.

And "Me and my Arrow"....just fabulous.

I actually did see The Point as a freshman at my college one night. They would show stuff like Yellow Submarine, The Point, Woodstock, etc and we would show up stoned out of our heads. LOL

And we all must remember, we all have a point whether we know it or not X-)
  • elopro
    Bud how long w need to w8 now say sonething Please 1week 2 weekend Maybe month ? Please answer bud
  • okla68m
    Wonder if the MV1 will become like our Cell Phones....like......What in Hell did we do Before this device was psychologically Attached to our very Existance.......
    I've Never been one to have been blessed with "Patience", but, the seeming inability to Wait Without a Emotional Breakdown, for the arrival of this unit, is a Total Face Plant for me........is this the Panacea we've all been waiting for, the Second Coming......Think about the "Vaporizing Toys" yet to be Revealed. ......Just the BEGINNING !

AND BUD, IMO the BEST video you've ever done (although, the "chair spinning hit" was hilarious)!
    Loved the explanation of the detail involved with the Air Passage route. THUMBS UP !!!!
  • VapeCritic
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH EVERYONE !!

My first video shoulda been like this one, but better late than never ;)
  • VapeCritic
    right now their factory is in china (run by UK design firm) but they already have the wheels in motion to bring manufacturing to the USA by next year, this was actually high on their list of priorities!
  • VapeCritic
    I would highly recommend using this format going forwardErikson

Agreed thanx for feedback!

The thing that I'm so stoked about is the low draw resistance and vapor qualityErikson

You should be 8-) For real though, it's awesome.
  • VapeCritic
    :-! :-! :-! thanx m8!
  • VapeCritic
    The amount of draws you can get from just .12 to me is just exciting and arousing. Very efficient extraction indeed.StuddlyBud

Indeed!
  • VapeCritic
    with an on demand vape like this how do you know when you have used up the material. Since I am used to going by time. Does vape stop coming out?gemgirl

Good question, typically it'll work the same way and eventually you stop getting vapor from it.

With this one if you set it on heat level 3 for example, you can take 5-10 draws before vapor production trails off. But, if you then bumped up the heat level to 4 or 5 you would start getting vapor again, and that's one of the ways on-demand convection mainly differs from conduction or hybrid vapes.

The lower the heat level the more draws you'll get. This can range from ~7-15 draws on level 2 to ~3 draws on level 5, depending on how long you pull for.
  • VapeCritic
    ooooo yea you'll notice a difference with this one 8-)
  • VapeCritic
    I have seen all your videos and that's the first time you couldn't hold a drawRicky

8-) 8-)
  • VapeCritic
    What "soda" did you got?techvape

this went over my head lol
  • VapeCritic
    visa or master? 8-)
  • VapeCritic
    As a medical user who micro doses all dayChronic Pain

it's perfect for that!
  • VapeCritic
    I believe a loose but full chamber is what he said too.scienceismagic

Correct! and I think you'll find this vape much easier to get the hang of (Y)
  • VapeCritic
    as you get more used to vaping, you will indeed be able to taste when the load is basically cashed outBaron23

@gemgirl This too!! ^^^
  • Mary McKinney
    Hi Bud I just wanted to ask you if you are an experience person with a vaporizer should I stay on three or should I stay on for I don't want to choke or anything but I do like to get some vapor what would you recommend?I would never buy another vaperizer unless I go though you,you are honest,you put your hole heart into this and I am so glad that you will make a little Commission and I really think you deserve it you are one of the best vape guys out there you're reviews are excellent even when I had a problem with the firefly you stood right by and you helped us turn it in and I got a mighty without you I could've never done that they didn't even want to listen to me for that I'm very grateful you always have my business
  • VapeCritic
    Thank you my friend!!

I'm still a bit confused on turning this thing onBaron23

My bad! Every time you remove the battery it resets and this is the sequence to turn it on:

1) Hold power button for 2 seconds, it will flash the green leds to indicate battery life.

2) Tap power button 3 times, the unit will enter "vape" mode, or what I'm usually referring to as "standby" mode.

Now it's ready to be vaped and the heater (thumb) button can be pressed:

1) Press down heater button and hold, you'll feel a short vibration immediately.

2) After a few seconds you'll feel another longer vibration, this is when you start your draw (keep heater button depressed).

3) After 15 seconds (max draw length) the unit will vibrate again and stop heating your material. Now is when you let your thumb off the heater button and I usually try and continue pulling for another second or two.

When you're done vaping you can press the power button 3 times to turn the unit off. Now to turn it on again you just hit the button 3 times.

Is the coarse grind recommendation for keeping particulants out of the heating chamber or for extraction performance....or both?Baron23

Correct, if you grind too fine it's possible for your herb particles to fall through the bottom of the crucible. Aside from that I've also found the performance most consistent with a medium-to-coarse grind, you can definitely try a finer grind it's just more sensitive to heat levels and draw length. You might actually be able to use the NV fine grinder because it usually gets my herb just larger than the holes in the crucible, but it does depend on the type/condition of your material also.
  • VapeCritic
    what is the hum comparable to?SkabootchWolf

If you fast-forward to 5:48 in the video I recording a 5-second clip of the sound it makes. I recorded it with the vape about a foot away from the microphone, if you turn up your speakers you can hear it (if you can hear it, lol)
  • VapeCritic
    is there a huge difference in draw, flavor even use of concentrates where i should pick up the mv1?ClayborneCR

yes there's a somewhat significant difference in the draw resistance and flavor between the two units, and i like the mv1 more with concentrates personally
  • VapeCritic
    you can hear the humming buzz more in the very first 2 seconds of Buds latest video review, right after he snaps the door closed and takes a drawjustjustin

That is actually the haptic feedback (vibration) that you are hearing in the very beginning of the video (I boosted it a tad for effect), you can't hear the electronic noise in that clip, I show that at 5:48 into the vid
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment