• Mary McKinney
    Hi that same thing happened to me and I watch a video on U tube ,I think it’s on Paige 45 on how to put the crucible back or the heating element right,I had everything right Except the black silicone part that you do not put in the alcohol I had it in the back Word there is a little indentation on it that belongs in the front so when I ever Closed it properly, check it out it might help a lot since then I have not had one problem. Please let me no if that helped
  • Spaceman66
    Amen, bro! If not an iso wash, I at least do an iso cloth wipe of the lid.s inner surface every crucible or two (even if sometimes just a paper towel wipe-down in-between crucibles), plus I’ve found a small bristle brush to be extremely useful. Clogged upper SS screen / lid holes definitely will kill the MV1‘s performance in my experience. Keep ‘em clean, boys and girls!
  • bener
    I have not found I need to be quite so Martha Stewart clean with the crucible lids and cleaning in general. If not in this thread, among one of the other threads, I've read where some of you clean the lid with each finished load using ISO. I don't do it that often.

I generally load as fully as I can (learned via experimentation), which is just under the lip of the crucible. After finishing a crucible load, I brush off the bottom of the lid, sometimes also blowing through it, and do the same with the crucible itself. Then I load and repeat as needed.

At the end of the day, I do take apart the heatsink/mouthpiece assembly and soak that and the crucible parts in ISO. I'm sure it's strain dependent - on one of the strains I now have there is more oil collected on the lid bottoms - but for me, this has worked well.
  • BoomDraws
    I have gone about 1 week with no cleaning of anything other than the crucible lids. Just did a deep clean last night for heatsink parts with ISO after I reclaimed all the built up honey to the concentrate pad. (That was a nice few hits too I should say). Put it all back and got the same consistent performance.
  • bener

Can you please tell us how you reclaim the material? I would like to try it.

thanks!
  • Mary McKinney
    I can’t believe that after everything that I have been through when I finally got my Vape to work I dropped both of my cubicles on the tile floor and they both cracked and shattered so is there anyway that goes can mail me one and I’ll pay the difference in price
  • Temple ov truth
    you don't have any luck Mary ,I think a four leaf clover would help ,temple ov truth,rave on. PS someone will help you I am sure
  • Rockytdogg

Sorry Mary, I only have the 2 that came with it, 1 for flower and the other is for concentrate/spare... if I had another I’d send it to you.

Try sending a PM to Patrick and Bud... couldn’t hurt!

Good luck!
  • BoomDraws
    you know how after a while you have used the vape it builds up that sticky honey looking gunk? So all I did was take a flat tipped tool / VC's pick tool if you have works also - and I just scrape and collect what I can and transferred it to the concentrate pad - got about a half bb size worth of reclaim - fired that puppy up and got about 3 draws with vapor. Otherwise - collect it to wax paper or some paper you can take it off of to use later. Before I used to just collect it all on the corner tip of a rolling paper and then just throw it into a conduction vape with a little flower added and blast it.
  • StuddlyBud
    Honesty, I think I've cleaned the mv1 about one and a half times lol since I've had it , and it still performs solidly and looks fairly unused. I've used it everyday since I had it.

Now that I think about it...I've clean the mini grinder more than I have the mv1 and I don't really clean that either...wipe and blow like 4 times. But the crucible for the concentrate...that's pretty apparent I've used it hahah it stained and burnt and wouldn't soak off ...but underneath is creamy clear.
  • bener

Thank you very much for your kind reply and information. I am looking forward to trying it!
  • Lucic and Chong
    I did a bit of an experiment last night where I filled my crucible and then emptied that amount in to my crafty and topped with the oil pad. then I refilled my crucible with the godfather og, same grind, and compared the sessions. to try to make it fair, I looked at the ghost preset temps and set my crafty for the same temps. 2 draws at each levels 1, 2, and 3.

I did it again today, this time with lemon seedman haze and 3 draws each at level 2 and level 3 with the comparable temps on my crafty.

here's my abv after today's experiment. 818hdu27adzowtu7.jpg
    one thing to note is how much lighter the ghost's was, meaning there's probably a draw or 2 left that went unused while crafty was spent.

and the verdict is- I enjoyed my crafty session more. the flavor and the clouds were better. I can't really compare the effects since I was already lifted from one when I went to the other.

with that being said, it was close. and I have only had my ghost for less than a week and a crafty for over 2 years, so any draw techniques with it are 2nd nature. I'm just starting my days off where I can finally really spend some time experimenting with technique for the ghost. there's also the unknown of the accuracy of the ghost temps and how close they are to their stated temps, which could change results. until the app is released anyways.

more practice, and the app, could change the results of this experiment pretty quick. I see so much potential and am still enjoying it, and I have no intention of selling it back to Bud. the fact that I enjoyed my crafty more isn't a knock, I love that vape and will likely get another one when this one inevitably dies.
    Attachment
    20171003_122615 (125K)
  • Heugh
    This is nice. I have not once been able to get anything close to being as evenly vaped as this. No matter what temp I use, it always leaves green on the outside. With every type of draw style imaginable. After 4 draws, I get about 3 whispy hits and then its done. I turn it up higher, no vapor what so ever. I've put about 100 crucibles through by now. I have a huge pile of abv and it looks like I could throw it in my sublimator and get something out of it. Hope the app fixes this.

Edit: I just loaded a couple crucibles to get pics to upload, but now I'm super high and forgot how to do things. I'll be back..
  • Mary McKinney
    I would have never took one from you my God that was so nice of you I order some from Ghost but they are not ready yet
  • Mary McKinney
    thank God Ghost is sending me a replacement Thursday witch was so Nice of them.Thank you all so much for all your help and support ,Mary
  • Temple ov truth
    Great news Mary ,temple ov truth ,rave on .
  • datboiharambe
    Hi guys I'm having a similar problem that others have experienced on this forum. I am only getting 1-2 small vapour hits on all heat settings and getting really burnt flower. The MV1 is charged to full, i thought i read somewhere that by removing the battery it could potentially solve the problem. I have had a look through the thread but was unable to find it.

If anyone has any suggestions to get the most out of this vaporiser i would appreciate the tips, obviously with the understanding from reading that when the app is released it should hopefully solved the problem.
  • Rockytdogg

Of course Ghost will take care of you, of this I have no doubt!

Now please, Mary, do everything vaping related, or at least when the crucible is exposed, over carpet or earth... :)
  • Mary McKinney
    Thinks for everything
  • Mary McKinney
    I have to tell you that I really feel good talking to a friend,I am going to look up some Doctors and I am going to get a medical card, I been very happy with my Ghost but something is wrong ,I have been doing a great job with the MV1,well now it’s geting hot again and sometimes it’s not hot on the outside but yet it vibrates and blinks red I know now it’s not me I just been working great it’s making a difference sound noise also I have tried only filling it halfway up .I’m using the same material that I’ve been using and it is for
  • Plasher
    Recently purchased this and am super dissatisfied with it. When it works it works as described but getting it to work and produce vapor quality on demand is a joke. Even in his revised video he still has issues getting vapor production on the first and even second draw. I’m experiencing this as well and even at times will draw 5 times with no visible vapor production. Maybe this was a product pushed because of personal gain from his end, via endorsements, but in all honesty I’m rethinking my choice of passing up on the crafty. I’ve owned other vaporizers too such as the magic, pax 2, and pax 3. I’ve also owned several concentrate pens as well. By far this product was the worst I’ve had. It feels chintsy and the oven door is so hard to open. I have to use a flat head to get the mouth piece up and to open the oven door. I use the flat head screw driver to wedge a small space so I can slide the button to open the oven door. I’m not the only one experiencing these issues either as I’ve read many other reviews stating the same thing. Great idea for a product but there’s to many issues that need to be fixed in my opinion to even put this in the same category as a pax let alone a crafty or mighty. The vapor quality and taste are A+, no knocking that. But getting it to work consistently.... good luck.
  • Cl4ud3
    Have you managed to try the new app software to see if it fixes the problems for you ? seems most are having success now the app is out.
  • Headybuzzin
    @Plasher I am starting to think the same thing on this product being pushed out way to early without enough testing !!! When I can get it to work it works great for me but sence last night after doing the app and update it worked awesome for one session and now won’t work at all tried restoring it to factory settings but still would not work everything seems to function correctly until I go to heat the oven just flashes the red lights then solid green but the oven never heats up while holding the button down for awhile. I let it change over night and still doing the same getting really frustrated!!!
  • Headybuzzin
    @Mary McKinney I am having same problem blinking red light when going to heat up can’t get it to work tried everything I could think of and nothing I sent an email to ghost and hopefully get a solution to the problem
  • LabPong
    Recently purchased this and am super dissatisfied with it. When it works it works as described but getting it to work and produce vapor quality on demand is a joke. Even in his revised video he still has issues getting vapor production on the first and even second draw. I’m experiencing this as well and even at times will draw 5 times with no visible vapor production. Maybe this was a product pushed because of personal gain from his end, via endorsements, but in all honesty I’m rethinking my choice of passing up on the crafty. I’ve owned other vaporizers too such as the magic, pax 2, and pax 3. I’ve also owned several concentrate pens as well. By far this product was the worst I’ve had. It feels chintsy and the oven door is so hard to open. I have to use a flat head to get the mouth piece up and to open the oven door. I use the flat head screw driver to wedge a small space so I can slide the button to open the oven door. I’m not the only one experiencing these issues either as I’ve read many other reviews stating the same thing. Great idea for a product but there’s to many issues that need to be fixed in my opinion to even put this in the same category as a pax let alone a crafty or mighty. The vapor quality and taste are A+, no knocking that. But getting it to work consistently.... good luck.Plasher

Plasher..... If you are not getting vapor on your first draw...or more so your second. You may have an issue with the heatsink not being totally in place. This is key..make sure the black rubber piece at the top is in the correct position. This part and the cap need to be put together only 1 way. Check the little indent in the black rubber piece...it will fit the outward notch in the silver cap. Then as you push the heat sink on....make sure the lit is not tilted. When your crucible is in, push down the heatsink again and make sure it is almost flush with the body. It should stick up less than 1mm over the body edge.

Also, the app will reset the firmware for proper heating cycles. May not be an issue for you...but needed anyway as you can then set the 2 custom profiles as you wish.

Believe me and countless others....this vape is something special. I always got vapor on my first draw...though mine was running too hot from the mishap of the software at vape release.

This vape is slightly sensitive to making sure all parts are in place before using. Any little air leak from the crucible up to the glass mouth piece will effect the results dramatically. And if you are experiencing little to no vapor and the unit gets hot...this is why.

Also, do not worry about the door latch...it will get loose...quickly. I would not advise to keep prying it open. It is super hard at first...but after 2 or 3 dozen openings after being hot...it will get loose enough to have little pressure to open it.
  • Plasher
    Everything is as it should be, all of the parts are in place and everything is being done properly. As far as prying it open I am not. I should choose my words carefully next time because I use the screwdriver to create momentum in a sense to get the button to slide. I’ve had more than 2 or 3 dozen times of opening and closing it. The vape is special but only when it chooses to work. And that my friend is super innositent. The fact I’m having to do all of that for something brand new is the bigger picture and issue that needs to be addressed. I believe the product is a good idea but pushed to soon into production
  • midas
    Are you getting 3 red lights or just the middle one? If it's just the middle, that means you need to push the door in a little.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment