• okla68m
    Got a Text from USPS earlier saying my Nano is in transit, expected delivery....TOMORROW !!!!!
    Gonna be a Loong night....!
  • Kali
    Got mine a few days ago and I'm still getting to know it
  • okla68m
    It landed in Tulsa, Oklahoma and was processed this morning at 3:32a.m. Now comes the wait for USPS carrier........One of the Least of Attributes I was Blessed with............. PATIENCE !
  • Sfumato
    All you will have to learn is where yours is dialed in. A lot of recommendations from different people, just remember everyone's is a bit different. A lot of people start at 6 and work up to a 7. Mine definitely isnt dialed in like that, I start at a 5 ....5.5 and finish at a 6. If I go much higher I will get combustion....plus I just dont need to go higher.

My advice...start low and see where it goes. A 5 for me is a nice light daytime buzz.
  • okla68m
    I'm going to get a Thermometer, either Infared or Probe to checkout how the analog dial converts to temperature. I Definitely am Not interested in Combustion.....that's what turned me off to the VapCap right off the bat almost. Never got over it, mentally. Funny thing is, I Combusted for 47 years...!
  • howie105
    Work on your draw rate, when that varies it will affect the rate at which you bleed heat from the vape and the glass parts.
  • Baron23
    Forget the IR thermos....they aren't accurate enough. And personally, I don't think taking a reading with a K-type thermocouple thermometer of the temp of the cartridge heater in the Nano is completely relevant.

That is, that will be the temp of the cartridge heater casing, but no necessarily the air temp as it passes over the herb or even more importantly the temp that the herb itself gets. Which, in turn, depends on a number of things including your draw speed, herb moisture, etc.

@Sfumato has it right, mate. Start somewhere in the 5 to 5.5 range and experiment. As mentioned, because its an analog rheostat, a Nano's temp control can slightly differ from unit to unit. Also, you will find some slight differences depending on how long your Nano has heat soaked and if you pre-heat your stem, different herb react a slight bit differently (I have some Fire OG that needs 7 on the dial when I really vape almost everything else on 6.5...go figure??)

I personally sit on 6.5 pretty much all of the time.

This sounds, perhaps, a bit complex but it is not at all and isn't really something you will need to think about too much. Its very intuitive and easy to use.

Good luck.
  • okla68m
    Thx Baron23.........I can always go Up, but, once you've gone too High, fking YUK, can't go down from that.....I'll Suck Low Temp Flavor till I Learn Better.
    Don't know if it'll be my Normal mail carrier or come in a Package Van. If it's "normal" carrier, it's gettin' Close to time....lol !
  • Sfumato
    A As everyone has said you need to experiment with it....dont confuse that with it being "complicated". Its just that there are so many variables.
    Your fear of combustion is understood, that being said you will have to probably combust a lil bit to find your range. Trust me, you will know immediately. I combusted a few times the first couple days...havent since. When that happens, turn down the temp by .5, throw out the load and put some ISO, the mouthpiece and screen in the tube it came in for a few seconds. That way all the bad taste will be gone...real quick.
    It really is intuitive, I dont really think about what IM doing when I use it now.
    I do find that later in the night I sometimes find myself looking at my stem and asking myself if Ive hit it at a 5 a 5.5...or at all.
    Thats when I know its time to go to bed.
  • Baron23
    Wow, I have never combusted in a Nano, or at least not to sustainable combustion (on fire )

I have charred the very top layer top of the load just a bit and this is an easy indicator of where you are wrt temps.

It's easy peasey and even stoners can do it
  • dontmindme
    I'd guess over time on 5 the glass will start to retain heat and so will the herb, but you shouldnt want to flash it at an optimal temp... i think the slow build up of heat is better... even with dabbing starting low and working your way up seems better to me... meanwhile the thc slowly activates (if it isnt already) as temps rise probably utilizing it better... i dont know though....

Leafly has a article about vaping at different temps and the general notion was that the lower the temp ranges, the more daytime it was... or something like that and each strain is different...

Does thca and thc have different vaporization points? I would guess thca has a higher temp for vaporizing...
  • dontmindme
    Thc in plant form prob has a higher vape temp though.
  • howie105
    So lets look at how we use our Nanos, for myself....
    Grind medium
    Normal load size .04g to.08g
    Knob setting 6 to 6.5
    Usual number of hits 3-4
    Heat soak about 20-30 seconds for fresh load
    Mostly dry stem or high diffusion 9.5" straight tube bubbler for users who wish.
    ABV is mostly dumped because its really cooked out.
    Glass gets cleaned every day.
  • Baron23
    THCA converts to THC at a lower temp than THC boils off, I believe.

Very broadly, the process is that the acid molecule is broken off of the THCA (decarboxylation) and then the THC is boiled off out of the plant matrix.
  • dontmindme
    Thanks... was thinking of the thca crystals in a mass vs distillates, but realizes most people use flowers with the enano...

So to utilize it better would be a slow ramp up of temp rather than flashing it and trying to convert it as fast as possible.
  • Baron23
    So to utilize it better would be a slow ramp up of temp rather than flashing it and trying to convert it as fast as possible.dontmindme

I havce no idea of the time line of this process so I can't say that this is true or not.
  • okla68m
    Does anyone Know the purpose of the notches on the inside edges of the tool they give you ?
  • okla68m
    And YES....IT'S FINNIKY.......Toasted (ugh)the upper level of a load......One thing I Will say.......THIS THING WILL FRY YOU ON A CRUMB !!!! So far, a Totally Different experience than I got vaping to 185C using my XS......No Way I could Accomplish Anything using Nano during the day until I Learn to Turn it Down and Lay it Down !
    When people say it's Efficient, that's WORD!
  • Baron23
    Yep, looking at the longer one....with the notch at the end of the stem, this is the default measurement for the screen position.

The shorter one...with the notch at the end of the stem, this is the default for the top of your load so that there is some clearance between the herb and the heater.

To me, toasting the upper layer of the load ain't too bad of a thing....give it a stir and hit again. Either temp was too high, load was too close to the heater, or both.

It is a bit amazing that nowhere that I can find on their site do they describe this.
  • okla68m
    EXACTLY. .....Couldn't figure wtf...tried it and sure enough Safe Clearances ! Well Recommended. . Lol!
  • okla68m
    What is the Diamond Cut area for...that I haven't figured ?
  • Baron23
    That is for grinding your herbs and chances are you will NEVER use that.

Its like an old fashion food grater, right? They make "grind cards" and often these kind of cards get thrown into a new vape order. Here is another example.

https://www.amazon.com/Marijuana-Grinder-Card-Cannabis-Weed/dp/B0135WLB9S
  • okla68m
    Woulda worked great back in the OC Addiction days, but for Smoke IDK.
    Impressed about the Notches. Only Logic, but, ......KUDOS
  • voyciz
    I'm looking at getting one of these for my desktop, to replace my vapor bros. what are the cons and your least favorite parts about it? Do you feel you got your money's worth?
  • okla68m
    It Has Potential...but...No ! Not at this point. But Impatience for the MV1 and the fact I Really Don't NEED a Portable...but, ive found (remember just used for 5-6 hours) I Prefer the Head, Vaping at 185C in my XS gives More....this thing is Amazingly Efficient, almost too much, rather than a nice heady medication like the XS, I GOT BLASTED ! ON CRUMBS IN COMPARISON !
    At this point, 2 Totally Different Animals it seems...but again, only used this afternoon/evening. Haven't learned the Analog Temp Dial that goes to 11, but, you can only dial to 10....LMAO !
  • okla68m
    Cons.....it's kinda tricky, like the Vapcap(never could enjoy that).....getting Easier, figured a couple tricks, learn as you go thing
    Lot of Money.....
    Unruly Cord/Rheostat

Pros....EFFICENCY UNREAL
    ON DEMAND
    Smooth and Cool
    I can "cough" between rips and my material ISN'T STILL COOKING !
  • voyciz
    This may not be the vape for me, now that I think about it. The efficiency of it sounds appealing, but if you have to put in a lot of extra effort/time to save a little herb, I don't know if it's worth it.
  • okla68m
    If you are looking for a device that will get you TOASTED......The E-NANO IS IT !
    Getting screen set properly, heat set properly, from there it's SIMPLE.......As Baron23 pointed out, the notches on the inside edges of the tool the send with it, provides the Proper Depth/Clearance required for the unit to function properly and Not Scorch your material.
    The More I use it, the More I like it....I'm LEARNING how to Use What it Does.
    The pic is5odlxxkq5ucogcpg.jpg
    is a "bowl/stem" load.....that tiny amount is all it takes with this thing.
    Attachment
    20170808_031539 (77K)
  • Sfumato
    u9PDXNc.jpg You got 5 seconds? Time? Takes no time at all. You just load and draw.
  • Baron23
    if you have to put in a lot of extra effort/time to save a little herb, I don't know if it's worth it.voyciz

aThe man has only had one for a matter of hours. I personally, and many others, find a log vape like the Enano to be the one of easiest and most intuitive ways to vape herb going.

And while our friend @okla68m is getting his ears ripped off by his new Enano (and who hasn't had that experience when trying out a new vape LOL), I know many, many people who use an Enano and other logs for tightly titrated medical use.....that is, they take very small doses throughout the day in order to maintain medicated state and still be functional. Log vapes excel in this regard, IMO.
  • Baron23
    Where did you find that image? I looked all over Epic's site and was surprised to not find a description of how to use the tool.

The one they are selling now is slightly different, same function, but little bit changed. Mine look like the one in your pic. Current item is:
    f6iloq50ugsw5jlp.jpg
    Attachment
    E-pik tool (27K)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal