• Maleko
    Any suggestions on which dab pen I should buy? I have a Crafty which works well for dry herb. I'm looking to use more oil & wax and I am overwhelmed with the amount of choices.

Thanks M
  • VapeCritic
    I'm about to put up a review for the new Prism pen from Kandypens, it's really nice and not expensive, and I made damn sure they didn't use epoxy in it, and they didn't. It basically has almost all of the features I ever asked them to put into a pen.

I'm gonna post an update about it real soon but KP took the epoxy backlash very seriously and is already in the process of updating their pens to eliminate it. Within about a month anybody who has an older-version coil can get a new replacement coil (with no epoxy) for free thru KP, I'll post the details on this shortly.

hxbi2ojesah37hl3.jpg
    3wwvtsca6dn4b9l7.jpg
    dmu4lr1otmgdf39h.jpg
    Attachments
    IMG_6503 (212K)
    IMG_6504 (106K)
    IMG_6505 (117K)
  • Maleko
    Yeah I had that on my list. I have a Ghost MV1 on order. Is the MV1 best with dry herb or concentrate ?
  • StuddlyBud
    Watch Bud's video on the mv1 when he uses it with concentrates. The revised one.
  • Mark vera
    Im also intrested in a dab pen i was looking into the prism plus and this laborday sale makes me want to order just want to know if it really rips how to mantince it how long the atomizer last and if its the best device for my buck and if it burns all the wax without leaving a messy residue main thing is it more like a dab or like a cheap wax pen if you can anwser any of these questions and give me a little insite or diffrent product suggestion it would help try to get back to me before the end of the day trying to catch a sale thanks bud you are the best stay up
  • VapeCritic
    It's great with both but designed first for dry herb, when using it with concentrates I recommend taking at least a few draws at a time for max efficiency.
  • VapeCritic
    Sorry for the delayed reply brotha, it sounds like you want a pen that hits you as hard as a dab?
  • Maleko
    No worries Bud
    I'm not sure th difference between a pen and a dab? Im using the Crafty for dry herb but looking to vape oil concentrate or wax. Sorry I'm a novice the learning curve is steep.
  • Mark vera
    Yea bud thats what im lookin for a pen that hits like a dab was thinking kandypens prism+ what do u suggest for what om looking for please give me your honest opinion on experience thanks bud
  • SOURCEvapes

Here's an option 10x better: SOURCE slim 4 Travel Kit

• 2 Different Atomizers - Including a Quartz Coil-less SOURCE nail atomizer
    • We use Grade 1 Titanium (vs. a mystery coil metal)
    • Has a Built-in Silicone Container
    • Battery Capacity is 650mah (vs. 380mah)
    • Includes a Travel Case

It's also compatible with 14 different atomizers, and you can then use them in conjunction with the rest of our incredible line, including our SOURCE nail XL Portable eNail & our bigger SOURCE orb XL line (see how easy they are all cross-compatible). Instead of using only the sad just 2 included atomizers.

You can also find all of our USA Lab-Certified material purity tests for our components easily on our FAQ site at www.SOURCEvapes.info (Ex. Double Coil - Quartz / SOURCE nail (10mm) - Quartz).

No need to worry about glue or epoxies, we've never used any in our products. :)

Best part?

It's still cheaper, at only $89.95 (vs. $99.97), and if you use the coupon STAYUP10 you get an extra 10% off.

Our Quartz Coil-less SOURCE nail atomizer delivers the best flavor in any vape pen, with only pure quartz vaporizing your material.

Don't believe us, ask others around here like @AVENTUS :D

PS: Looking for some great deals? Over 50% off in our Clearance section.
  • Gman
    The pen you get should be designed for your specific needs. DO you only use it at home? Only on the go? what viscosity of oil do you plan to use, hard wax/shatter or runny distillates?

There are only a few LOAD AND GO options. Most are LOAD AS YOU GO. which means you have to reload for each session. load and go has a few options, none are "great".
  • AVENTUS
    So Bud, it's a higher capacity Linx Hypnos with a recessed heating plate ? Is the airflow and flavor as good as Linx ? Which is smaller ?
  • AVENTUS
    Word, I fully cosign the source removable dish Quartz nail atomizers, perform efficiently & wonderfully in either the Orb4 or Slim4. And such a breeze to clean. Haven't had to replace any yet.

But somehow, Im still interested in this Prism and it's airflow and flavor and temp settings, since they finally did right by any and all of the customers with the epoxy-sealed versions. Good thing Graham listened to you, Bud.

The recessed heating plate I think is very useful for indicating when to top off. I think one of the main usage mistakes that kills atomizers too soon, is attempting to burn off every last bit of concentrate, before reloading.

I am a proponent of not only using low temps, but of topping off before oil level gets below a certain point, and I think this recessed heating plate is like a good warning "hey dude top me off"
  • SOURCEvapes

Psst.

Check out the new new coming out this month.
  • AVENTUS
    will this work in true temp control mode with the SourceNail mod ? And/or are you releasing a stick mod with true TC ?
  • SOURCEvapes
    Current SOURCE nail atomizers work with TC in Ni.

We're getting the best TCR codes to have even our SOURCE terra 2 in TC mode.
  • Maleko
    Anyone using a DrDabber Arua
  • AVENTUS
    A girlfriend got one and the magnets kept tearing out the battery connection. Plus terpy live resins would leak out of the atomizer floor. Not sealed floors like Source, Linx, and to a lesser degree Puffco/Kandy. Not recommended.
  • Maleko
    Thanks for the great advice bruv. Unfortunately I got stoned and bought the Aurua thinking it would be easy to use. I'll let ya know how it smokes.
  • Magicman
    That bucket looks awesome. What is name of it? It remind me of old school electric stove eye.
  • Magicman
    sj5rnxze8ozmb36c.jpg
    Attachment
    i-h6Ntd4X-X2 (138K)
  • dontmindme
    That looks futuristic... reminds me of earth and points.
  • SmokedFuzz
    KP suckered me in on a Prism with the USB and Lightning pass through charging (which I suspect I'll need with that tiny battery). I will say I've always wanted to try a SourceOrb, but the Prism looks too tiny/discrete and I only ever use pens away from home.
  • AVENTUS
    It is a very convienient feature (no matter what smartphone someone uses), on a pen that appears to be a modernized Linx Hypnos Zero with a recessed ceramic heating plate. What are your favorite features on it, Bud ?
  • SmokedFuzz
    I just unboxed my KP Prism. Pretty good. Pretty, pretty, pretty good. I’ve only tried the ceramic plate atomizer but it has very pure flavor and almost no draw resistance. What’s more it is super discrete, being not much bigger than my middle finger and having only 1 LED on the button that I can completely cover with my finger. I’m a little worried about the battery life, but I guess we’ll see on that.
  • AVENTUS
    Which coil-free concentrate pens have you owned before, as a comparative reference ?
  • SmokedFuzz
    I’ve owned only one coil free pen, Dr. Dabbed Aura/Aurora. I was fairly happy with the quality of the vapor that pen produced but was not satisfied with the reliability of the atomizers or the magnetic connection. I was rather interested in the Hypnos Zero, but the charging on the KP model (especially after charging issues with Dr. Dabbers unique chargers) pulled me in their direction. As far as other concentrate methods I’ve used; standard nail and torch, Dr. Dabber Boost, and Firefly 2 (which I like, mostly). I’m looking forward to adding an e-nail rig cause so far nothing beats a traditional rig for me.
  • SOURCEvapes

SOURCE nail XL (13mm) - Quartz

Works on our SOURCE orb XL and SOURCE nail XL products.
  • AVENTUS
    yeah Aura/Aurora looked great, but durability and performance (especially with terpy sauce) wasn't the best.

I'd say my current fave concentrate pens rank as follows:

1. Source Orb4 w/ Quartz SourceNail atomizer
    Best airflow out.
    (Cons: quite big)

2. Source Slim4 w/ Quartz SourceNail
    - built like a tank, stash case.
    Greatest stealth pen currently.

3. Linx Hypnos Zero
    (Cons: lower temps will not please those with high tolerances, and red temp is super hot)

4. Kandypens Elite
    - anyone who bought early version contact Kandypens for new improved updated atomizers !
    -with new atomizers may rank above Linx Hypnos Zero since capacity much higher and highest temp more tasty. Will test with friends when receive updated atomizers. Glass mouthpiece and bubbler really makes this one nice.

5. Puffco Plus
    - in design should be the best, but in practical application ranks below too 4 but above everything else on market. Atomizer Floor not truly sealed like top 4, but damn close on all but the terpiest stuff. Also chamber narrowing at bottom makes splash up worse than others.

Curious to see more reviews of Kandypens Prism and Prism+, since these appear to be modernized Linx Hypnos Zeros, with glass mouthpiece, higher capacity chambers, and the ability for any smartphone cable to charge them and even pass thru. Very cool feature for on the go. When is your review goin up, Bud ?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment