• technoHippie
    nvl48lt4ozmc9nsp.png

Just got the email.

So apart from the screen, buttons, and finer temperature control, it's basically the same heater design, right?

Looks like Arizer is afraid of Ghosts! =P
  • Magicman
    The price point for this thing is too high.
  • Trousersnake
    I'm kinda disappointed with arizer's new line of products....the solo 2 and air 2 looks like it's just an updated version of their predecessors. Nothing wrong with that and I'm sure the updates are good but is it really something "new and different" ? Faster heat up times, precise temperature control and digital display are great features but it just seems like arizer is just catching up with the game rather than coming out with something innovative.

Can anyone attest to that?

I very much like the solo and I don't see the value in upgrading to a solo 2 or air 2...
  • BoomDraws
    - Dude thanks for the heads up. i was wondering when this was coming.
  • VapeFully
    any info on when it's going to be released?
  • technoHippie
    That was the release email, it's out. They pushed it out a day before the Ghost.
  • BoomDraws
    Christ, why is it 239.99???? I can get a Solo 2 for 239.99. Add a discount code and it's cheaper....... is the air 2 supposed to be a travel size solo 2?
  • technoHippie

Who knows. Arizer had winners in the OG Solo and Air, but both updates feel half assed. The only change to the heating chamber that I can see is that there are recesses by the air holes for better airflow because they always got covered by the stem. This should have been an incremental update in the OG lines, and something I can replicate at home
  • 0ursisthefury

I had the Solo 2, but sold it to get an MV1. The solo 2 was a great upgrade to a great vape. I didn't think the upgrade was half assed at all. Longer battery, digital read out, quicker heat up time. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I was glad that it didn't have bluetooth.
  • technoHippie

I've always had an issue with their stem design. I bore out the 4 small holes to make a big one, and always use a screen. Also, their heater design is nothing special. Don't get me wrong, my Air has been my dd, and Solo before that. But there are design improvements that could be made to improve the device.

If I'm using a session vape, I'd like for my herb to be fully vaped in one 10 minute session. With weaker stuff, this can sometimes happen, but I've got stuff right now that takes 3 full sessions at max temp to fully vape the load. That's too much time.

It's also still not full convection. It's a hybrid, and that means waste. It's always producing some vapor, which condenses on the stem. I do collect this in its various forms, but I'd much rather get as much of it in my lungs the first go around.

Coarse mesh screens produce an oil good for tropicals and ingestion, okay for dabbing, but can produce a headache. Fine mesh filters produce clearer, dabbable oil, but take a lot longer to collect enough for purging (I use 99% iso and purge for 48 hours).

It's unavoidable, but it can be further minimized through a design update of the heater. Unfortunately for them, Ghost Vapes developed their next gen product before they did because Arizer focused on adding quality of life features to existing products instead of a next generation device.
  • LabPong
    I think you forgot about one of the most important parts of the 2 lines from arizer....the cleaner air path. I am thinking of going with the Air2 instead of the Ghost....because I already have a Air with all the accessories setup for water use. I get excellent quality use out of the Air now....I have no problems fully vaping the loads even with some heavy duty top shelf indicas. I can rig through a sativa load like no tomorrow and have it well done before 10 mins. I also use a screen with stock gongs and have no issues. I do stir some loads a few times though, but it is pretty easy to deal with when using a water unit and the air is upside down when using.

Also, the newer holes and dimples in the oven floor were done first on the Air1 a year or so ago.
    I never use it without going through water. Maybe this is the best way for its use? I just can't handle the vapor directly off the stems. I'm a veteran and always used water anyway. I have several water units to use....and if I need to clear a load quickly and heavily....I pull out my 15 inch straight monster.......short inhale and big vapor with this size tube.

I am debating now over the much higher costs if I change over to the Ghost.
  • BoomDraws
    that's the thing. $295 is a great price for the Ghost but with the accessories it comes out to $460 minimum and that's without the cleaning kit. I feel like with a solo 2 I could get the stuff, extra battery, curved stem and a water setup for well under $400. But to each their own. It is possible to be able to get later on after market stems for Ghost geared toward using a water kit though. Plus if Buds review is spot on, then I'd rather spend more money now on the Ghost and not waste money on more herb because of the inefficient vapes. My first and only vape is a shitty atmos jump pen so I know i don't fully maximize the herbs potential and that is what gets me.
  • VapeCritic
    I bought the Solo 2 and it's definitely a solid vape, but I too was surprised that Arizer didn't make more updates to their units after all this time.

They added new features and other cool things to the new model but I honestly think that if I was blindfolded and given the OG Solo and the Solo 2 side-by-side I wouldn't be able to tell a difference by taking a hit.

Probably not gonna jump on the Air 2 if it's a similar thing going on
  • BoomDraws
    I thought the air 2 was just for the digital read out and precision control. Other then that is there really much of any other changes they did?
  • 0ursisthefury

What type of improvements would you have liked to see?
  • VapeCritic
    they say "even BIGGER performance" but i'm not sure...
  • VapeCritic

There's 2 things I would love to see for the Solo/Air:

1) Less draw resistance - I've always felt that the draw was a little too tight for me to enjoy comfortably. However, I don't think the issue is with the stem because I tried a freer-flowing stem and didn't have much luck, I think the vape itself needs a different way to intake air to free up the flow. Or maybe the problem is that the vape just isn't designed to perform with a faster rate of flow.

2) Different stem designs - I'm not a huge fan of how they only include straight stems with the Solo 2, IMO that's actually a downgrade from the OG Solo that also gives a bent stem. I've always found the vapor from the Solo/Air to be slightly on the hot/harsh side, not by a lot but just slightly uncomfortable for me. With the bent glass stem it's less noticable for me, so I'm thinking the harshness I'm feeling is from the vapor going straight from the oven to my mouth without making any turns. They should make a few different stem designs with more turns and bends in them to smooth out the vapor.

I think those two things would make me like their stuff a lot more, but I won't argue that they're still above-average vapes and most people have no problem with them at all.
  • BoomDraws
    yea I agree that wording is vague - and based on their site the only thing I see is a "higher capacity battery". So I am not sold on it
  • SpudBob
    That doesn't make any sense Bud. You rated it, Solo2, at 90/100. Its your 4th highest rated vape for gosh sakes. Higher than all except Ghost and S&B. I don't get that comment about performance. You, obviously, felt pretty good about it when you reviewed it! Air2 how can you make a judgement when you haven't tried it yet???
  • BoomDraws
    because percievably the only thing they updated is the battery based on the website information.
  • SpudBob
    I think he should, still, review it first. IMO
  • Jack-vic
    Dont forget display, temp control,faster heater and probably easier draw. :-)
  • Kakarot
    Ghost put a update on here 20 hours ago lol... still not coming out
  • BoomDraws
    yea but to me it's essentially just a refresh. Air and solo refreshed to solo 2 and air 2. Though your points are valid, they are just some improvements. It's not a "new" device essentially right?
  • Kakarot
    At least Arizer is coming out with new shit, the I am betting that when the "Ghost" eventually comes out there will probably be a Portable Plenty and the "Ghost" will be a big ass flop... really if they cannot get their shit together to even launch the product... it just seems phony to me
  • Jack-vic
    I agree.
    But with the precise temp control and the new heater ( if its new ) that heats up faster I still think it is a good upgrade.
    One of the things I found to be a drawback with the Air was the long heat up and lack of temp control.
    But unless you need the small size and replaceable batteri I would go for the Solo 2, its great.

Regards
  • SpudBob
    You should be able to get it, Air2 for around $200, like Solo2 in a few weeks. Airizer lets thier distributors set discounts. Some manufacturers don't allow this. VapCap, Pax, DaVinci, probably Ghost if you EVER see one. S&B used to but i noticed PUFFITUP will allow you to use thier discounts on then now.
  • Summer
    I would really like to see Bud do a thorough review of this.
  • VapeCritic
    the number scores are calculated based on all of the letter grades each vape receives. 90/100 is what the Solo 2 ended up averaging out to after I rated each one of the individual categories. I think I make it pretty clear in my writeup that despite what all of the letter grades add up to I'm not personally as big of a fan of it as most other people are
  • SpudBob
    I think you should still review it, and the Milaana, before you make that assumption.
  • Vapster707
    LP as tha only other air 2 guy I've seen was wondering how u deal with reclaim in tha stem ???

x75vbccmoraybue9.jpg
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet