• robvancity
    hey I got my Mv1 today and for my 1st sesh with it, I literally did my sesh while watching @VapeCritic . His video was actually very it helpful.

Here’s a link to Part 2 (he does a whole sesh with the MV1)
    https://youtu.be/-RlkhVBOn94

Hope the vid helps you out too
  • VapeCritic

Very glad you found it helpful man!
  • VapeCritic
    Is anybody having trouble getting good results right now?
  • robvancity
    @VapeCritic I was having trouble with taking long draws within the 15 seconds. Unfortunately I just cant do it like you dude. I don’t have the lung capacity and I don’t want to cough my lungs out every time either. I felt like the Mv1 wasnt for me because of this, but since you get 15 seconds for a toke/pull, I just long out my inhalation for the 15 seconds.

I pull/inhale for 3 seconds then exhale, and quickly do it again & again till it vibrates/done. This technique still hits me good without making me wheeze and I get to taste my herb with every pull too (for 15 secs).

I start my session at a low/mid temp (1 or 2) & work up to level 5 (kinda like you did in your vid). Working up to a higher temp extracts my herb evenly/fully, it’s awesome
  • VapeCritic

You're not the only one brother, it does seem there's a small percentage of people who have trouble with long-draw vapes. I'm extremely glad you've found a way to get good results with it though man, stay up! :ok: :cool:
  • SirCrackKillaH
    Yeahhhh!! Long and short draws!!3m84jwtx5ex89ka0.jpeg
    By god man.. Nah, I didn’t vape this indoors, I stepped out for like a minute. That’s all it took lol :D about a minute >.< this thing works so fast man
    Now I’m watching a no hold barred deathmatch.. replaced ropes with barbwire.. some chainsaw maniac running around too somewhere..
  • bkrieger
    I’ve had the MV1 for a fee months and I love it. Sometimes I don’t get any vape when using dry herbs with it. Does anyone else have those issues and know how t fix them?

Thanks
  • ghost-ops
    Hi @bkrieger
    Glad you're liking the MV1. As far as the lack of vapor issues are concerned, the potential cause could vary depending on when you experience this - one random draw out of several other which produce vapor as expected, or a series of unsuccessful draws one after the other. Any more detail you can provide will help me - and the other users here who are invariably more than happy to chip in with hints and tips - provide some possible solutions.

Thanks
    GhostOps
  • bkrieger
    Right now, it seems that when ever I am using dry herb I am not getting any vapor even after trying many draws in succession. I have tried adjusting the height of the stem at different positions, and still no vapor. I am using the app to adjust the temp. I usually start at 338F, then move up to 365, and finally 392. I have done the triple button press to get in the secret mode, and I adjusted the temp to the cooler side. The unit was and still does overheating after a few draws and blinking red.

Thanks
  • ghost-ops
    Hi @bkrieger
    Lack of vapor accompanied by overheating would usually suggest an air bypass somewhere - understandable as the bypass means air is getting in elsewhere than through the expected path, so less vapor and heat builds up in the oven leading to an overheat warning.

If this is occasional as your earlier message implied I would suggest double checking the heatsink is assembled and seated correctly if you have these problems. If this is more rule than exception for you at the moment then it may be that the heatsink gasket and stem are not sealing correctly for some reason.

If you remove the heatsink from the device and press it firmly into the palm of one hand, and try and draw air through the stem, you shouldn't be able to draw any air at all. If you can then this is most likely the source of your problems and we will arrange to get a replacement heatsink out to you asap.

Thanks
    GhostOps
  • bkrieger
    Thank You @ghost-ops.
    I took the heat sink apart and put it back together, and now once again I am getting vapor The heat sink must have come apart. Now it’s better. It does still overheat after a few draws when the unit gets hot. It would be good if it didn’t do that, but I could deal with it.

Thanks
  • tacit0ne
    Hey man, the issues you're describing sound awfully similar to what I experienced with my first MV1.

You shouldn't be getting the overheat light on at all. The heatsink should be able to get nice and toasty, but vapor production should kick off on the first draw. Even on the lowest power setting at the lowest preset (1 amber) I get actual vapor, and not just a faint terpene sampling.

Try adjusting herb humidity, grind, pack density, and your draw method and see if you can get better results.

I find slowly oscillating the draw amplitude - i.e. alternating between strong and weak draw in a smooth (not choppy) manner - gets a greater volume of vapor.
  • bkrieger
    Thanks @tacit0ne. I will try that. I know you are supposed to pack it loosely, which is what Intry to do. I usually pack it about 3/4 to the top of the crucible. It usually takes me a couple draws before I start getting vapor, then It is usually Ok. I will experiment with it more.

Thank You
  • robvancity
    I got my MV1 last week and I was loving it. I had the heat on Level 5 and some of my material had combusted & my heat sink got burnt. Now every time I use the MV1 I get a burnt taste every time I use the device. I’ve tried cleaning the heat sink with ISO but the burnt part still continues to give a bad/burning taste every time. Does anyone know what I can do about this issue and/or know how I can fix this problem?

izh3bmtju5wftvm4.jpeg
  • robvancity
    never mind ignore that please.
    GhostVapes customer service has sorted it all out for me, its all goooood
  • To the Cloud
    Man I can't get over how much difference is made with a cleantop screen. I can go a few sessions, shelf it go back to it a week later and just have an absolutely terrible session. I do a thorough clean of the crucible and top and screen and disassemble and assemble to make sure all parts are locked and loaded into place and bam. it's like having a ferrari that needs as much care as a 1910 Model T
  • tkoreaper
    I use my MV1 almost nonstop, vaping as much as a dozen crucibles a day, and I only need a good clean every 2-3 days, but I think what is really overlooked is how simple and easy the MV1 is to clean. No other vape, to my knowledge, allows you to take apart and clean every single part that touches the herb or vapor. Not only that, but the crucibles are replaceable and relatively cheap... Again, to my knowledge, no other vape allows you to do this.

One thing that I do to keep my crucibles clean between cleanings is use a toothbrush. The one I use has very fine charcoal bristles. I just use that to clean out all the AVB in the crucibles and then you can use it to clean the metal tops. Sometimes the little holes will look a little clogged so I blow through it in the opposite direction of the way vapor flows and then brush it off or you can poke the brush's bristles through the holes to clear them out. 1 or 2 times of doing that and it should be relatively clean and good to go.
  • okla68m
    FYI.........For those having a problem with Tunneling and or Uneven Extraction that Can't seem to be solved by the Obvious (Good Seals all around, Ease of Draw as Opposed to trying to suck a Golfball thru a hose Suction ), I've found v a Hack that seems to work.
    Because Gasses or Liquids follow the path of Least Resistance and the Center Hole in the Heatsink being 2-3 times Larger than the holes surrounding the Crucible, when a draw is Hard, the Majority of heated air pass thru that Center Hole much easier than the surrounding holes, creating an Uneven Extraction (tunneling). This Dosent happen if the Draw is SLOW, BUT, Slow Drawing can Easily cause Overheating as the Reduced Airflow dosent Remove heat from the CrucibLe or surrounding Electronics.
    My HACK is I Partially Block/Decrease Size of the Center Hole using a ball of Aluminum Foil (First Trial/Still Using), thereby seemingly Equalizing/Spreading Out the Flow of Heated Air thru the product. The Results are a Consistently Much More Even Extraction (Browning of ABV). No Brown, Dark Center spot surrounded by Green when examining the used ABV.
    DON'T TOTALLY BLOCK THE HOLE, JUST REDUCE/EVEN OUT THE AIR FLOW THRU THE ENTIRE CRUCIBLE, NOT JUST THE CENTER !
  • okla68m
    dp2ua11ooc6h33bd.jpg
    It Looks as tho the center Hole is Completely Blocked, it is Not. Air flows around the Loose Blockage.
  • Cannabliss420
    Battery troubleshoot update....
    batteries would not light up via usb cord. When I let them drain alittle from use, they lit up perfectly on and off unit via usb cord.
  • rft360
    this seems kinda interesting anyone else try this?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment