• ghost-ops
    Thanks for the tag @ZRN

Hi @Rudis21 sorry to hear you're having some difficulties but that's what we're here for. Our CS team are most easily contacted by emailing but I'm also tagging @"GHOSTTEAM" so he can read through your comments so far as offer some advice, and open a support ticket if necessary. Don't worry, we will get you fully up and running whatever it takes.

Thanks

Mark
  • Cl4ud3
    Seems we had another forum issue with the tag so @GHOSTTEAM
  • GHOSTTEAM
    Thanks for the tag @ZRN and @ghost-ops

Hi @Rudis21!

Virgil here with GHOST Vapes, thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear you're having trouble. I'm sure I can help. I apologize in advance for the amount of information below. Vapor production being such an integral element of the vaping experience, I want to make sure I don't make assumptions on what information is useful/not useful and risk overlooking something that could be the solution. On your next session, please keep in mind the following: 

+MOUTHPIECE
    * Mouthpiece Technique: imagine you have a straw and you're blowing air through it. Now imagine sucking air out of that straw. THAT is how you pull through the MV1 mouthpiece. Don't sip on it.
    * I know my stem is positioned right when I hear the bubbling sound when I'm taking a draw (on the higher heat settings 3-5)

+MATERIAL
    * The quality of the material does play a significant role in the overall experience. For instance, if you're vaporizing the material we sell on our site, like the natural herbs, you will see little to no vapor.
    * The drier the flower, the better the vapor production.

+CLEANLINESS
    * Make sure there's no material build-up/reclaim in any of the air pathways (crucible, crucible lid, heat sink)

+HEAT SINK
    * Testing your heat sink is a part of regular maintenance. See steps below:
    * Remove the heat sink
    * Place heat sink in the palm of your hand, blocking the holes on the bottom.
    * Please make sure the holes are covered, or the test is inaccurate.
    * Extend the stem, and try to draw air (sucking in).
    * You should not be able to draw ANY air through the stem.

+BASICS
    * Take full 15-second draws
    * Do not remove/switch the battery mid-session.
    * Do not pack crucible too tightly
    * Correct Vape Button Operation - https://goo.gl/EnXxMy
    * How to put MV1 in Sleep Mode & Vape Mode - https://goo.gl/8oBWTj
    * Manually Change Heat Settings: https://goo.gl/RaoBH1
    * Misfire - https://goo.gl/EnXxMy

+RECOMMENDED MODE SEQUENCE
    * Start your session with a full 15-second draw on Heat setting Herb - Low (1 amber LED)
    * Next, take two full 15-second draws on Herb - High (3 amber LED)
    * Finally, finish your crucible on Herb - Fav 1 or 2 (1 or 2 red LED)

+We recommend this for two reasons:
    * Following this sequence allows for the coils to gradually heat up which benefits the lifespan of your device (similar to warming up your car before speeding off)
    * The MV1 was designed to deliver both the full flavor of your material and a potent hit, it's best to take advantage of this.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the information above. Looking forward to resolving this for you.

Cheers,
    Virgil
    GHOST Vapes
  • Baron23
    Great reply, as always, Virgil!! :strong: :100:
  • Ctipp22
    Last night I went with the mode sequence 379, 379 then bump up to 400 and crushhhh it lol
  • Rudis21
    Once again thank you everyone for all the help. I followed a lot of the feedback and @GHOSTTEAMs tips and I feel like I did get better results. Although I don't really hear a bubbling sound, it sounds more like air movement. My unit also overheated on the third draw of level 5. I did the lowest setting once, lvl 3 for 3 draws and lvl 5 for 3 draws and overheated. I was getting some visible vapor on the draws on lvl 3 though so that is an improvement.
  • Ctipp22
    if you are slowly pulling at 380 degrees and aren’t blowing out a nice big cloud of vapor then something isn’t going properly. Imagine yourself trying to gently get that air to saturate your crucible while pulling. If you pull too fast the air doesn’t get the herb hot enough.
  • Rudis21
    Ya definitely not blowing out anything I would call a big cloud. I can see vapor that’s about it. The noise I hear when drawing definitely doesn’t sound like bubbling or the material cooking. Sounds more like air moving through the device.
  • Dr green thumb

Stealth mv1 wasnt producing vapor

I got mad at my mv1 and decided to take it apart to see if anything was wrong. The silicon part on the top heatsink was installed incorrectly at the factory. Fixing this was easy and by installing the silicon to the cap then installing cap over the ceramic then into the heat sink. Once you do that insert the mouthpiece it should feel like a tight fit.

I then did one hit at level 1, got a little vapor. Then level 3 for 3, first hit got more vapor. Second hit got a very good hit, third got vapor that made me cough. Then last couple hits at level 4 to finish.
  • Rudis21
    I have taken it apart to make sure there was no issues I could see. My mouthpiece is a little loose and wiggles back and forth slightly when it is extended. I thought I read that this was normal though.

I am definitely not getting hits like people are describing though. Very little visible vapor and only can feel it a little while taking my draw.
  • GHOSTTEAM
    Hi @Rudis21!

Virgil here again. I'm concerned that you're still having trouble and I'd like to see if I can expedite a resolution for you. I think a skype call where we can troubleshoot in real time and share feedback would help. I'll send you a private message now with my availability and hopefully we can link up soon.

Cheers,
    Virgil
    GHOST Vapes
  • Summer
    Do not remove/switch the battery mid-session.GHOSTTEAM

Why?
  • GHOSTTEAM

For max efficiency of your battery performance but particularly for this issue it's for the most consistent results.

Cheers,
    Virgil
    GHOST Vapes
  • Baron23
    @GHOSTTEAM replied above but its NEVER recommended to pull a battery when a device is turned on and drawing power. It may arc which is not much of an issue for many analog devices but is a no-no for sensitive digital circuitry.

This is the reason why S&B also recommend that you plug your battery charger into the device (Crafty/Mighty) BEFORE plugging into the wall. This way, if there is an arc, its between the wall wart and the outlet and not between the connector and the device.

See what I'm saying?
  • Summer
    @Baron23, I understand, or should I say, accept :razz:, what you are saying, & it's probably a good thing to do to plug any device in before connecting to an outlet & I understand turning a unit off before disconnecting a battery But I don't understand what @GHOSTTEAM said:
    "For max efficiency of your battery performance but particularly for this issue it's for the most consistent results." Why would switching batteries cause a loss of maximum efficiency ? & why for the issue Rudiis21 is having, "for the most consistent results."
  • Baron23
    Yeah, don't really get the underlying rationale of that either.

Cheers
  • GHOSTTEAM

My answer was not well thought out, my apologies. That tip was specifically for when the battery is removed while the device is powered on. Sort of akin to what @Baron23 explained, my goal in mentioning the battery bit was to make sure the integrity of the device and battery is kept in tact. While an arc may not occur specifically when the battery is removed while the device is powered on, it's not outside the realm of possibility for some kind of negative consequence to take place, however significant/noticeable it may be, at least in my mind. I don't have the facts to explain why my brain went there but in my experience with electronics this has just been something that has stuck with me. @Baron23 did a way better job of explaining it than I could ever have! Kudos!

Plus everyone on this thread has been so great with offering advice on @Rudis21's issue, all amazing as well, that there really wasn't much for me to add. It was one of those "why not" instances that in retrospect probably should have been omitted. I hope that makes sense and sorry for any head-scratching!

Cheers,
    Virgil
    GHOST Vapes
  • Rudis21
    Yes everyone I really appreciate all the help! Great community. I feel like the tips have helped, but I still feel like I’m not optimizing what the device is capable of. Even with all the tips if I don’t draw perfectly I get zero vapor. When I think I’m doing it right I do feel the vapor during the draw and have visible vapor, but the feeling and vapor is minor. No where near a cloud though, I get maybe half or less of the cloud I do from a vape cartridge with a small vape pen. I am assuming that the ghost should produce a similar cloud, but maybe I am wrong on this??
  • Baron23
    Brother, sounds like you should take @GHOSTTEAM up on their offer of a skype call to trouble shoot and hopefully resolve.

I think we are out of tips and suggestions at this point.
  • Ctipp22
    If your device is working properly I can complete a bowl in 3-4 pulls. Sometimes there is a couple spots that look green but if you really unload and look at it. its spent. but definitely get ghost to help you dude.
  • Summer
    sorry for any head-scratching!GHOSTTEAM

Virgil, I was scratching my head. I was thinking this guy is English (judging by your name & GV's home base) & I speak english (though not having the same high level of command as I think Englishmen have), but I have no idea what he's saying. And then @Baron23 jumps in with "Yeah, don't really get the underlying rationale of that either" & then I'm thinking what rationale??? :lol: Thanks for the belly laugh guys! :rofl:
  • Rudis21
    Yes thank you guys. I am trying to figure out when I can find a good time to get in touch with them. Really awesome service for them to offer that! You guys have all been great too, I really appreciate all the help.

I followed all the instructions for the last two sessions. Lvl 1, Lvl 3, Lvl 3, Lvl 3, Lvl 5, Lvl 5 and the crucible is finished with that cycle.
  • ZRN
    @Rudis21 - I'll add one more tip that I haven't read yet but defiantly hook up with Virgil. Here it is; When you think you are drawing as softly as possible - draw even softer. That tip helped me in the beginning. Stick with it, it's worth it.

ZRN
  • Dr green thumb
    on the heat sink on top of the vape. Remove the mouthpiece, take the heat sink out of the vape, remove the top of the heat sink. Remove the black silicon seal/gasket that goes under the cover. You can clean if necessary. When it goes back together make sure that the gasket is pressed into the lid first before you cover the white inner piece. When you put the gasket on the lid make sure it is matched up with the marking. The gasket has a square on it that matches the cut out area of the lid. When you reassemble the vape following this you should get a noticeable resistance around the stem when you re insert it after putting back the heat sink.
  • Alexis
    Hey everyone, hope you are faring well. Okay so Im literally just testing my MV1 now for the second time to see how my allergies will cope more than anything primarily before I would begin to focus more on the device itself. So just initial thoughts to share.

Firstly I charged it fully over a week ago but didn't use it and left it sitting idle when I got it out to try my first ever Crucible last night I noticed the battery was down to 1 Green. This didn't surprise me because I never disengaged the battery after I charged it.

But I assumed that's it might not be performing at optimum and also I would not have long to test it out last night and wasn't going to wait for it to charge first.
    So I only did the one Crucible last night and I have just had my second one this evening after fully charging first.

I think it is performing better tonight fully charged. I followed Ghost's recommendation of one full draw on Amber 1, two full draws on Amber 3, finish on Red 1 or 2.

Anyway my first draw on Amber level 1 I could really feel the vapor going in and I got a very good hit that was extremely smooth with plenty of visible exhale and a nice throat feel to let you know you had something without being harsh at all.

To get such a good hit on level 1 so effortlessly makes me think that I have a unit that may be working well. I have a particular taste see strain in here and although the Vapour was very pleasant I was not blown away by flavour but I am spoilt with the Elev8r every day, so the best tasting vapor I just take for granted now and probably don't appreciate as much as I should.

But I did notice that by my 3rd draw the flavour was dropping off but to me this is a good sign that extraction has taken place fairly quickly. I've had four hits from this load now and I am feeling some very nice and enjoyable effects. It's my first vape today on top of some ABV edibles earlier, and one Crucible has had a very decent effect. I like the buzz a lot. For the amount of material I used I am not disappointed at all.

Another thing that please me is that so far I have had surprisingly even ABV with my two crucibles. I have stirred etc, but it wasn't really looking necessary from inspection with a very even golden tan colour over the top and also underneath. Much better than some photos of some users reporting uneven extraction early on.
    So my unit seems to be working very well so far and I'm being extremely careful with the latch just in case. It's too soon to say whether I will be able to keep and use this one yet after I finished my load last night which was on Red 2 I did suddenly experience increased difficulty breathing and a tightness in my chest. I only went to Red 1 just now which may be better and just below my tolerated heat level for the airstream alone regardless of the vapor.

The vapor quality is very good and it is extremely smooth and non-irritating by the way. Really not harsh in any way at all. My immune system just reacts to the purest, most healing things though.

So I'm not going to get my hopes up it's difficult to tell what I'm feeling subjectively at first but I can say that if I can keep this vaporizer I think I will be very happy to going by the effects I feel right now from this one Crucible in 4 very easy hits.

I did not struggle with the full 15-second inhalation either I'm sure I could do 25 seconds or more There is obviously the perfect amount of restriction to enable comfortable long inhalations. Much easier and less tiring than the vapcap so far.

Okay that's all for now. Catch you all later. (I may paste this post over on FC as well, I hope that is deemed alright, I don't see why not. I have absorbed so much useful info from here and there so it's nice to then give back on the topic).
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment