• Rockytdogg

When asked about the crappy rubbery coating wearing off on my button I told them it’s like a catcher’s mitt, it’s just getting broken in!
  • ghostvapesofficial
    Careful using 91% iso on batteryside/outside(soft black coat) it took off some of that soft finish revealing harder black plastic underlayer, like minor scotch tape scuff marks.@Mtbowls

I was a bit concerned to read this and wanted to reach out to you. We do recommend keeping ISO away from the soft touch finish but we haven't seen this before and I don't believe the wording we use is clear enough. Warranties don't usually cover issues like this but I do think an exception is warranted here.

Please PM me your order number and the email address that you used to register your account so that I can send you a replacement unit.

We in turn will strengthen our advice on keeping ISO away from the soft touch finish.

It's really only needed to clean the Heat Sink & crucible with maybe an occasional Q-Tip around the crucible door. We will however ensure that this is communicated more clearly.

Best

Patrick
  • Spaceman66
    @technoHippie Can't wait, bro. Love your vids so far. Keep 'em coming! ;) P.S. can't wait to visit the UK again - my wife and I holiday there pretty much every year. Our home away from home....
  • Spaceman66
    ...and yes indeedy, folks, a small stiff bristle brush does amazing wonders for lid-imminent-clogged-hole cleaning inbetween the unavoidable periodic ISO soaks ....
  • Mtbowls
    Patrick thanks for reaching out. Wasn't looking for anything, figured it was my fault, was sharing as a warning. If you are willing to replace the unit, that would be above and beyond your customer satisfaction duty, but I would very much appreciate that. It's a bummer seeing it looking anything other than super sleak. I should not have been polishing it like a genie lamp. I was going too extreme in keeping it prestine. I will pm you my info. You da Man.
  • Ooziah
    @ghostVapesofficial

I must be the only one but I find a small sticky bead or deposit of material on the green silicon ring with the holes in it very frequently. This I believe I discovered comes from pushing out the heat sink. I push it out like @vapecritic shows, however due to the sticky residue in the bottom of the heat sink I believe it is leaving some on that silicon peace.

Sothis becomes an area that has to be cleaned with a Q-tip and Iso or at least water frequently—Cleaning is not very effective but at least you can get the sticky stuff off, but the green on mine is stained brown already. I’ve taken my part out twice, but I don’t plan on doing so in the future and will just clean it with a Q-tip or something from the top or bottom. But this consistent and repeatable process around with the green so I can’t piece seems that he should definitely be available for sale.

It seems like ghost isn’t aware of this problem and it is a frequent problem, I’m always checking the area. Cloggage of the area will greatly impede airflow, So when I happens there’s no question
  • Baron23
    I have a little Tips from Heloise type item.

I have a lot of different brushes that sort of collected over time that came as accessories for various vapes. I tend to use the S&B brushes often as they are of good quality, don't melt, and work well.

But they are a bit too soft and large for cleaning out the crucible well.

Well, I also had some solder flux brushes...what, a $1.49 each or or something. They are cheap. But they are also a bit too long and soft so I took a scissors and cut the bristles down to about 3/8".

Originally, they look like this:
    55li63dbk0f1p79j.jpg

And I cut them to this:
    jvvrt2n6peswvqy6.jpg

Works great for cleaning out the crucible.

Cheers
    Attachments
    Solder Brush original (12K)
    Solder Brush Cut Down (5K)
  • Bobeil
    Good to know, i was interested about this, you have shared more info for me!
  • GypCBtrfly
    I too was await in eager anticipation of this unit ... however ... I've been back & forth email after email stating the performance is inconsistent.
    Am unhappy w the uneven cooking/burning and have tried mult grades of grinding , packing , temp , mouth piece extension .( that grinds and is loose ) am aware of the heat chamber position being in properly) ( I am 5 years into vaping .. ioloite . .davinci 1 and 2 solo arizer and air so not a newbie to it ). Often will get too warm to hold even. Battery life inconsistent also .
    Often after a few draws even given gap in between it will buzz flash red and not work
    Inconsistent vapour production costing me wasted product and they continue to ask me to Skype them ... which I keep telling them I don't have .. I asked if I am now stuck w 350 $ paperweight . ( exchange rates suck )
    And have not heard back now from last email
  • GypCBtrfly
    And the finish wore off my button day 2
  • GypCBtrfly
    I too was await in eager anticipation of this unit ... however ... I've been back & forth email after email stating the performance is inconsistent.
    Am unhappy w the uneven cooking/burning and have tried mult grades of grinding , packing , temp , mouth piece extension .( that grinds and is loose ) am aware of the heat chamber position being in properly) ( I am 5 years into vaping .. ioloite . .DaVinci 1 and 2 solo arizer and air so not a newbie to it ). Often will get too warm to hold even. Battery life inconsistent also .
    Often after a few draws even given gap in between it will buzz flash red and not work
    Inconsistent vapour production costing me wasted product and they continue to ask me to Skype them ... which I keep telling them I don't have .. I asked if I am now stuck w 350 $ paperweight . ( exchange rates suck )
    And have not heard back now from last email

And my finish wore off the button day2
  • Dave
    Takes a day or three to get back to you but they always do. The uneven heating I too am experiencing and do need to stir. However, they have confirmed that the update should correct it. The warmness is normal and found towards where the crucible goes. I made the mistake of keeping my hand right in that area and corrected it to below when I realized I didn't think out my hand placement to mitigate the heat. The Davinci gets hot as hell man. This never seems to reach that temp. I've temped out the Davinci upwards of 115F degrees on the outside and 110F towards the mouthpiece area, hottest I've gotten the MV1 to go has been 104F right around the mouthpiece area, but even then, the glass eliminates that heat transfer up to the mouth. Agreed on the battery life but it seems to be case by case. The battery that came with my unit was wonky and I did test it out over the course of two weeks to make sure. They replaced that battery after sending in the defective so no biggie there. Be patient, they'll get to you without a doubt.
  • BoomDraws
    have you made sure your heatsink is also properly assembled? It is directional for that top black gasket
  • SirCrackKillaH
    Hey yo, this Ghost thing was in this movie I was watching the other day. Looked just like it, I was like yooooo! Yooo hey yooooo!!
  • SirCrackKillaH
    078cv6gy6o00gbwf.jpg
    mxrfsrfsybsupjqb.jpg
    7nj63j1iu2tyrdsg.jpg
    adycmsvkuacerlor.jpg
    Attachments
    IMG_0146 (84K)
    IMG_0147 (71K)
    IMG_0148 (83K)
    IMG_0149 (116K)
  • SirCrackKillaH
    Fuck yeah man, yeahhhh!
  • barnangel
    Need some advice. Had my Ghost for a week now and even though I get wonderful flavor and I do get effects, I basically get no vapor. I'm using flower, start on level 2 for 2-3 hits. Levels 1 and 3 do nothing for me, no flavor, no vapor. If I crank it up to level 4, I get a little burnt taste and a very small amount of vapor. I'm not new to vaping. I draw very slowly and wait until the second buzz and then I draw some more. Is it battery issues? Is it me? What can I do?? Please help! Thanks in advance :)
  • SirCrackKillaH
    Push the heat sink all the way down and try again.
    PM ghost. They will set up a Skype or google call with you to troubleshoot. If it's the battery, they'll take care of you. I had this problem for real man. It worked most of the time but sometimes, even at full charge or partial, it would vibrate indicating juice and temp but then no temp. No vapor. In my instance it was a battery voltage regulation issue.
  • SirCrackKillaH
    The thing that makes me happy about this thing is the swappable battery packs. If this was storz and Bickel, good f'in luck.. or not so much that.. you gotta send that shit in, expect two to four weeks for it to come back.. who has time for that shit. Apparently I do.. on my third one of those right now. F storz for lack of removable battery pack. No load cocksuckers.
  • SirCrackKillaH
    My fault, but really come on. What the fuck. I voiced my opinion today to them and told them to keep the Mighty I sent back which was received today on their end. I told them if it was corrected with a newer generation, fine, send me that shit but extend the warranty another two years. If not, keep it until they craft something better. $400 is a lotta money. Now it's $350. F that man. This MV1 I view like the firefly and IQ, the shit is built to last for a long time.
  • barnangel
    Thanks, SirCrackKillaH, I'll try that, the battery does heat up and no overheating problems to date. I truly am beginning to think it's operator error.
  • barnangel
    One more note. I do make sure the heat sink is pushed all the way down.
  • SirCrackKillaH
    Yeah.. PM them. They'll set up the call either same day or next day after they respond. If you email into Ghost off the website, you'll get Whitney. You PM here, Patrick Swaze.
  • SirCrackKillaH
    Sometimes it does take a day or three for them to respond. Sometimes much much less. Battery issue Patrick immediately took care of while Whitney took two more days. By the time he got to me it was resolved. When my MV1 jumped off the counter and broke the stem, Whitney was first to respond. It's a tag team with those guys.
  • barnangel
    Thanks, will do, much appreciated:)
  • medicalmark
    Hey just wondering about something does anyone else notice or have this problem, after a session and you take out the crucible do any of you have a black dot right in the middle like a small area in the middle chard black but normal on the sides all around?
  • MMongo

I’ve not had that issue no. Not the most even AVB at times but I’ve not had any black/char
  • barnangel
    Haven't seen that. Are you using high temps?
  • medicalmark
    Nope start off one 1 the do 2 draws then go to 2 a couple more draws then 3 and finish up
  • barnangel
    my guess would be to contact them as I am going to. It seems a lot of us have problems but overall it is the best vape I have ever used. I get no vapor but plenty of taste and effect.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment