• LuckyVape
    I read on some thread that we should avoid using ISO that says rubbing alcohol, which is what my bottle says, and it is 70%. They said this could have oil in it. Should I not use this? I ahve been using it for my first two good cleans of my Ghost. Do I look for something else or continue to use?
  • Baron23
    Sometimes in the past 'rubbing' alcohol indeed had some oil in it but I haven't seen that in a store for quite some time. 70% is usually just watered down.

Did you look for ingredients list on the label. If in the USA, it has one (and I bet if in the EU, they have even more regulations).

But my thought is that for $1.94, just get yourself some 91% ISO which is sold by all CVS and Walgreens. Works better for what we use it for.

https://www.cvs.com/shop/cvs-health-91-isopropyl-alcohol-32-oz-prodid-1011920?skuId=216440
  • LuckyVape
    Baron12 thanks for your response. I am in Canada. I don;t see anywhere where there is oil in it, but I guess the higher percent will clean better so I will try to find where I can find some. Thank you again.
  • LuckyVape
    Baron23, no kidding it's expensive! Damn! Some things are so out of whack in Canada pricing vs USA.
  • Lucic and Chong
    @LuckyVapeI think that the huge variation in price you see is mostly just unit size on those links, one is even for an 8 pack. I just walk in to almost any pharmacy in Canada and get my 99% iso for under $10 every time, for a 500ml bottle. I don't even remember what I paid last time, $7 I think.
  • Baron23
    Yes, the Staples is indeed an 8 pack (in faded grey lettering!! LOL Thanks for catching that).

But Amazon for $11.49 CAD is for a pint!

$1.90 - $2.50 or so here USD.

I also am baffled by folks from some countries where its difficult and expensive to get Ever Clear (ethyl alcohol) while its dirt cheap and easy to get here.

Cheers
  • LuckyVape
    I just picked some up for under $9 at Londo9n Drugs, 500ml. still, lot cheaper in the sTates for some reason.
  • BudsofWar
    they need to sell this Ghost in the UK or at least in the EU. #want
  • Lucic and Chong
    Lately I've been experimenting with the preheat method that has been talked about on here before. I don't remember who all suggested this, I think it's a few pages back on this thread, but it really seems to help. And it makes a lot of sense to me on why.

The heating source is well below the crucible, meaning that without preheating the unit, the hot air will mix with the cooler air in the unit before hitting the crucible, cooling the air off. I really started to notice this when I would have 2 back to back crucibles. Normally I only use one and then shut it off, but anytime that I would do a 2nd crucible, the clouds were much better on the 2nd one.

I find that just having one or 2 draws at level 3 to warm the unit up, without the crucible in, makes a big difference for me. Especially on the first few draws.
  • Rockytdogg

Just try taking your 1st draw on level 5 for the hell of it, and then stay there (like I often do) or then step down once the oven ceramics and crucible holder/door warms up...
  • Zenvota
    As far as preheating goes, I originally was having a similar exerience, first draws were air, lots of temp stepping, hot spotting, charring, uneven and green avb, very inconsistent.

Then increased the manual calibration and performance is perfect. First draw on a cold unit is full and cloudy, only using temp3 now, signifcantly reduced charring, very consistent.

I do feel like the battery is being used faster but between the fast charger and a second battery its not an inconvenience.

I break up by hand to ovum size tap into place and even out the top with a slight pat from the pick. Since packing a little I stir a few times but at the end its quite a few draws off one crucible, maybe 16, and very even avb. Lady friend and I are lightweights and prolly only use 4 crucibles a day between the 2 of us on a chill day, compared to 6+ tamped mighty loads.

The only issue I'll run into is when holding the vape button the second vibrate happens quickly and doesn't seem to heat. A quick reseat of the battery fixes this.

Overall though the taste, potency, efficiency of extraction, and speed of use makes us very happy with the purchase. O... and Ghost support is incredible... my first unit had an issue and Ghost resolved it in days. I remember waiting 4months to RMA a graphics card in the 90s.
  • Lucic and Chong
    I'll give that a try later, but with level 3 instead. I personally don't really enjoy high temp vaping as much, so level 3 is the highest temp that I use. I have my presets set in between 1-2 and 2-3, and usually take 2 draws at each level as I climb the ladder.

Preheating makes a world of difference (for me), especially on level 1 for the first draw. But I will give your method a try to compare. It would make it a lot easier to not have to take out the crucible and put it back when the unit is warm.

I should also mention that I do all of my vaping either outdoors, or right beside an open door/window, so that will contribute to a colder starting unit.
  • Rockytdogg

I hear ya, and I am a recent full time convert from mostly burnin’, for whatever that’s worth, but I find you can edit the actual temp of the air when it’s hitting the material (where’s that temp reader/thermometer, btw...? ;) ) and can be largely manipulated by draw speed and length... almost like running it semi-unregulated, if that makes sense...? True convection is a strange animal when you think about it in this configuration...

This is a more recent thing, btw, as I was temp stepping and flavor chasing more earlier on with the buttons, but I’m not so sure this is necessary, for me anyways... now I’m really trying to boil this thing down to the equivalent of an injection device, but with flower... fastest, easiest, most efficient way to get from a to b...
  • MAbud
    @Rockytdogg so are you generally running the unit at level 5? Your point about high heat and almost self regulating is super interesting. I’m also interested to try the preheat idea as well.

I think on demand convection is pretty much my direction lately as I am rarely leaning for any other type of Vape recently.
  • Steelers
    Wow, I don't use a preheat at all. Cold unit starting at custom 378° gets me a good cloud, good vapor.
  • Lucic and Chong
    Starting at a higher temp like that, I probably wouldn't need to preheat either. Actually, I don't NEED to preheat at all, I still get good effects when starting it cold. I just find that I can get better effects at lower temps (lvl1), on the first few draws, with the preheat.

I also have my vape shelf close by a drafty sliding glass door, so my unit is usually starting fairly cool. I have a feeling that I won't be using the preheat as much, if at all, in the summer.

But I think that is one of the great, yet polarizing, aspects of this vape. There is no one way to use it. There are so many different variables that can change a session. It's all about user preference and customizing towards your personal needs/wants.
  • Steelers
    For sure . I was just contemplating a crucible on amber I to see what it was like.
  • MAbud
    Used @Rockytdogg advice of running at highest flower setting from the start (thinks it’s 428 degrees). First time since latest firmware I’ve gotten visible vapor...there wasn’t any hot spots or charring so I don’t think it ran to hot. But feels weird to set it that high...

I will say a crucible for me super medicated despite not having much visible vapor
  • bener

If you’re after being medicated, it seems you can claim success (Y)
    Cool

It sounds like you would have also liked more vapor...

I have experienced vastly different vapor output with different strains. I recently had a draw off a fresh crucible where I got zero visible vapor, but definitely flavor. I exchanged that crucible for another of a different strain, and at the same settings and draw rate I got very large clouds!

Or perhaps a slightly slower draw rate or adjustments to your mouthpiece could also be factors...

Just some suggestions for your consideration.
  • LuckyVape
    I just had a breakthrough yesterday...I had my best session since I got my Ghost over a month ago. I discovered my Ghost runs Hot. This is important to know as i will explain.

I have been tracking my sessions and this day, starting with a full charge, I stayed on Level 1 for four pulls! And the last three on Level 2. And te flavor was better over-all and the vapor was moderate to good. To top it off, it showed even AVB.

This is great! If your Ghost runs hot like mine, just vape in the lowest settings and you will have a much better vaping experience all around!

If you Ghost runs cold, you do the opposite- start on higher settings and stay there; in fact, this is where the warm-up preheat could help!

The android app will probably smooth these variances between hot and cold units to some degree, and we shall see what the best heat levels will be then.

There is one problem I am having, and that is with material sticking to the lid. I have read that the app upgrade has helped in that regard, I hope it does. I have tried packing it lower from the top but it still seems to stick.

I am sure happy I discovered the best settings for my Ghost!
  • Kinick23
    @LuckyVape other idea is to manually calibrate units running hot by triple clicking home + vape button and clicking home button to the green setting or vice verse if your unit is running cold. Does anyone know what this actually does in terms of temp variation? For example 375 degrees on a unit calibrated to run cool, neutral or hot can’t all be the same right.
  • LuckyVape
    Kinick23, I found settings that work for me well, so not sure if I want to calibrate it as I don;t know what that would do. I will just wait for the android app and see what that does. i would like to solve the material sticking to the lid problem though.
  • Rockytdogg

Firmware revision 1.2.8 and beyond alleviate a good deal of buildup on the lids compared with earlier revisions... I can do 2 crucibles pretty easily now from one lid w/o iso if I want to... I just don’t. I usually just use a clean lid with each fresh crucible.
  • BudsofWar
    this beast does sure seem a bit clicky.....not sure if i'm down with that tbh click click click
  • Baron23
    A second review by Troy (420 vape zone guy).

While I think he makes some good and valid points (e.g. I also have never liked the crucible concept so he and I agree on that) the review overall is, IMO, undermined by his snarkiness and in some cases pettiness.

An example of the former is him 'eeeeeeing' through out the review....we got it, Troy. The PWM circuit makes a high pitched noise.

An example of the later is him bringing up "pinching himself" when putting the battery on/off. Come on, if you can't figure out how to get this battery on/off without damaging yourself, you should perhaps stay away from all nails/enails, the Flower Pot, the Sub, any and all butane vapes and the like. To me, its a stupid comment.

Look and decide for yourself on this review. To me, a very mixed bag and, while not a hatchet job, I don't agree with the prioritization and importance he gives to some of the characteristics of the MV-1.

• Rockytdogg
    If it performs pretty much as was stated prior to release, why does he keep using the word “hype” all the time...?

And still talking about pinched sausage digits...?

I think someone just doesn’t like looking silly...
  • Rockytdogg
    I’m sorry, I’ve watched a bunch of his reviews now, and I really don’t enjoy any of them, and this has nothing to do with the MV1... Just his whole style feels like someone I wouldn’t agree with on a broad range of subjects... right down to even simply how it’s conveyed.

He’s right, the MV1 is not for everyone, as is 420vapezone....
  • Baron23
    I’m sorry, I’ve watched a bunch of his reviews now, and I really don’t enjoy any of them, and this has nothing to do with the MV1... Just his whole style feels like someone I wouldn’t agree with on a broad range of subjects... right down to even simply how it’s conveyed.

He’s right, the MV1 is not for everyone, as is 420vapezone....
    Rockytdogg

You got a 'like' from me on that one, Rocky. (Y) >:)
  • Steelers
    I have no issues with Troy and I've seen many of his reviews. I like the fact he tends to run a lot of stuff through water.

That being said, It looked like he just opened it and tried it a couple of times. I'm surprised he didn't consult the directions during the review. Put those tweezers down and pull that crucible out, dump it in your hands, mix it up and put it back in. I've done it hundreds of times without burning myself ( hint, hold the Crucible long ways, it's cooler on those two sides than the shorter ones.). Then again, I haven't pinched myself after a rough est. of 400+ crucibles.

When he got his ArGo he was so excited he almost wet his pants and told everybody they need to follow him on twitter as he really uses and learns over a period of time. Why not the Ghost too? FYI, I gave my ArGo away!

All I saw was somebody saying no to a vape they really didn't understand, learn or play with it all.

You want to know the best way to watch most Vape reviews? Turn your sound off, seriously just the video.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment