• Oliver
    What is the best grinder to use with the MV1? And what is the best grind? Thanks.
  • Oliver
    Any opinions?
  • StuddlyBud

Since I hardly ever use grinders and haven't for years (still have plenty of them maybe have 6, have given away 3) and don't even know where the 6 are hahaha, but in the 6 I don't have a mini one which will be perfect for me and potentially the mv1 because I still like to break off my herb and keep some whole for contained freshness/liveliness/beauty. So in order to do so and grind in small amounts (by small chunks), I just bought the mini bulldog Amsterdam grinder. It's simple for my needs, reasonably priced and it has sharp teeth and plenty of holes for its size. 4 parts and small enough to be portable in pocket or bags/purses of course. Took pics because I picked it up on my way home. Basically it's nothing special...

If you want another one, I know Santa Cruz Shredder is a good one, I gave that away to my father, also Space Case is a good grinder as well, have that somehere...but grinds real fine, but quick. Santa Cruz has a slightly coarser grind. I've been hearing about others too like SLX, but to me as long as it grinds consistently, not plastic, has many teeth and holes, and collects the yummy kief/pollen, then it's all good. The key is to look for one that will last and not chip or put shavings into your material as you grind, and a good kief catcher (not defective where it doesn't stay in place over time..means it's cheap). Don't be fooled by all metal grinders, some loose their edge fast.

5ehg2lyjqcvkcsk2.jpg
    8v59rs2mwsfo4bl2.jpg
    u7yrvh3kszs4pded.jpg
    Attachments
    20170917_192131 (202K)
    20170917_192332 (306K)
    20170917_192228 (188K)
  • MurknyaVapes
    was you gonna put out a short review of your thoughts on the mv1?
  • StuddlyBud

I sure will but I have to get my situation sorted first. That's why I really haven't been on here, been trying to let others have "their" experience with the mv1 and not mine influence it. Once things are sorted, you know damn well I plan to review every detail and also talk about what has been goin on. I plan to have it be a good review...that's my hope for the outcome, I will wait until things are consistent and fair before even proceeding.

When I did get a peak of other's reviews and what has been goin on, on the forum, I am excited and very glad they enjoy the mv1 tho, but that just confirms my hopeful outcome.

How about you mang? What's your word?
  • MurknyaVapes
    Im still coming to a decision as of now. I would love to hear your thoughts on it when possible. I know you want to do it right. Im still waiting on my turn in line anyways, which gives me an opportunity to see all the reviews. Im hoping the only issues are software related and can be fixed with the app drop. I think i could handle the other subjective cons. In buds videos the mv1 performed like a champ tho. Im just keeping it real, im leaning more towards the mighty as of now until the app drop/ firmware release. Same price as mv1 and mighty comes with 3 diff freebies also.
  • StuddlyBud

Word, and agreed. I'll say this much tho, if it means anything, after saying I haven't used grinders in years and dont really care to, and I already have some good ones, and I go and buy a mini one lol... I mean that says something right there. I want to say it does perform like a champ, but as I said I can't really, not yet at least. But I kid you not, believe those videos. So you definitely have an honest contender to compete with the mighty, especially when the mv1 is a pure on-demand convection and uses the small amount it does. But I hear you about the mighty and it's freebies, that's hard to pass up, but in all honesty, if you go into any smokeshop like the one I was in today, you can pick up a mighty for a decent price....but you gotta shophop around. They had a that, the crafty, the ff2, and magic flight in this one shop I got the grinder. Didn't bother to ask for the prices as I really still am not that interested in them.

I'm the same as you when it comes to some of the cons. Some I'm willing to deal with as I've had gripes about most things I own and have owned, but got familiar and used to it. So as you wait for yours and we all wait for the app to drop, we're all gonna see. Can't wait to see what you think as well.
  • Law7764
    Easy grinder, and spacecase grinder.
  • Baron23
    New Vape coarse grinder is my fav for...well, coarse grinds.

https://www.newvape.com/grinders

I also have Santa Cruz Shredder and like it....medium to coarse grind (if you don't crank it too much).
  • technoHippie

Is that your pick for best grinder for the Ghost?

Honestly, this is my only major criticism of the Ghost. I'm getting superb performance, better than any portable I own, and better efficiency of extraction than the desktops I own (still gotta put the FlowerPot Twax through its paces, though it's also looking very efficient) but getting that grind right is rough.

I've been using the orange S&B grinder for years (did not know it chips off into material, yikes!) and almost powdering my material for the Solo/Air.

I have the 4-piece puffitup grinder and the standard 4-piece Kannastor grinder, but I'm not having much luck with either. Both produce too coarse of a grind unless I turn it upside down, and at that point, it still seems too fine.

Best grind I've been getting is the cheap acrylic and I don't want to use plastic anymore.

I really, really want to try the Lift that's been mentioned here and recommended to me, but at $130 for the full kit, it's more than I can afford right now. I've spent too much recently, lol. =P

Edit: but I really, really want a blade grinder. I feel these toothed grinders mash up herb too much, crushing a lot of trichomes. That oil builds up on the teeth instead of in my lungs like it should! Lol

Btw, those S&B grinders dissolve when exposed to iso, so yeah, no salvaging from that thing lol
  • BoomDraws
    I am going with what Bud uses. 2.5" 4 stage Space Case. Just ordered one last night after Bud sent me a reply. I had to pm him as he is busy as well as can't track every post on these forums which asks him the question. He basically said to me his personal opinion that the best grinder for mv1 is that. Since I heard it from him, that's what I went for.
  • StuddlyBud

The bulldog will get you a fluffy medium fine lightly coarse grind. You'll like it
  • StuddlyBud
    You gotta grind tho, meaning work but it gets the best texture for fluff (allowing pockets for air flow), and you also gotta pack the buds in (friction), for sticky/wet bud, get that fluff. You'll see, it'll be more even and still be able to get all you can out of the draws (long lasting).
  • StuddlyBud
    I also have that orange one, had it for YEARS, and it's funny how the cheap ones get the most friction for the grind tho.
  • technoHippie

Bulldog, huh? I'll look into that. It on Amazon? I'll have to compare that to the Space Case as mentioned by @BoomDraws above, focus on the engineering and see what I can intuit.

I'm sure eventually I'll get the Lift, I mean, I spent $750 for the Volcano Digit back when it released at my local head shop when they got it in stock. (I forget the launch price, I should have gotten it elsewhere, but didn't want to wait and my dick uncle kinda manipulated me into spending the money, just for kicks. He doesn't even smoke!) so I have no problem spending the money on a quality, connoisseur level product, I just have no income right now. =P

When freelance work dries up, shit gets rough. =/
  • StuddlyBud

Doode the thing is inexpensive lol, in grinders that's what I've learned; get decent but inexpensive. Just make sure not to get a fake one, they are way lighter and they chip (painted). But you can pretty much get one anywhere if you have a few smoke shops around. It's decent as stated, just gotta work the grind is all, but it'll handle dry no problem, but for those that get that sticky, it creates a fluff that to me is ideal for air flow and mostly even vape. It also handles small nugs, but gotta really grind...and when I say small, I mean almost like ..."huh??"

Can't go wrong with space case.
  • Baron23
    Is that your pick for best grinder for the Ghost?technoHippie

I don't know, mate...not enough time to tell. But when I want a coarse grind, and the tale of the tape on this vape is it needs coarse, then the NV coarse grinder is what I reach for. SCS is more medium grind, I believe.

I've been using the orange S&B grinder for years (did not know it chips off into material, yikes!) and almost powdering my material for the Solo/Air.technoHippie

Please, I don't want to throw S&B under the bus. Per my earlier caveat, I do not know this first hand, it was reported with pics on another forum by one person, and we have no idea what the heck he used in that grinder that may have contributed (or not...just don't know). If you have a loop or a microscope you use to look at trichomes and the like, take a look at some ground herb from teh S&B and see for yourself if there are little bits of orange plastic in there. I have not seen this myself, but I don't use the S&B grinder (never have, really).

Also, I don't want to project or speculate, but it is my opinion that a well designed and built vape needs to be able to tolerate some variation in the load in terms of grind, moisture level, etc. These are home appliances and my blood pressure goes up every time I hear a vape called a "connoisseur vape" in defense of it being picky. I don't want a picky coffee maker nor a picky vape. I certainly hope that's not the case with the MV-1, but more owners with more usage will tell us.
  • BoomDraws
    Yea I am excited for mine. However the curiosity does peak for the slx grinders too. Been hearing good things about that as well. I kind of want Vape Critic to do a review on an slx because I don't think I've seen one.......
  • Baron23
    He basically said to me his personal opinion that the best grinder for mv1 is that. Since I heard it from him, that's what I went for.BoomDraws

Well, I'm kind of with you, then....as I trust Bud's judgements on stuff like this.
  • BoomDraws
    oh def man. Not even 5 mins went by from the email I got from him and I was on planet of the vapes where he linked it - got the medium one for $60. On the actual website they sell these for like 100-120? In any case, yea I just trusted Buds judgement and went with it.
  • StuddlyBud
    Found the Orange one by S&B but can't find the space case...i have some others but like I said before I'm not a grinder person, smh wasted money unless I want to stare at them.
    1throvaw6yjfnpdw.jpg
    Attachment
    20170919_080109 (201K)
  • LabPong
    Guys.....I have been using the orange S&B for awhile now....be careful using it if the flower is dry...it will grind too small and get powdery. When I use it for the MV1...I use slightly moist flower and only turn it 1/4 one way...then back 1/4. Try it like that at first.
  • EasyToSlip
    This Lincig blade grinder is working well for me with the MV1.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M4J8IS1/ref=psdc_289781_t1_B01J1KX6UU
    You can change the size of the grind. Three different grinder plates with different size holes...
    84nv6awychtm0s7p.jpg
    Attachment
    Grinder (130K)
  • icevape
    Is there any difference in the grind between the 2 piece Space Case and the 4 piece? I already have the 2 piece.
  • Sue
    wow thanks! that looks great and is cheaper than the lift!
  • MurknyaVapes
    Does anybody sell used grinders? Or anybody got a good 1 they wanna sell?
  • BoomDraws
    he told me he has both - the two piece can become finer. - which I think is good because some people have had better luck with a little finer grind
  • EasyToSlip

The Lincig is very similar to the Lift. But half the price with everything included.
    Anyone know the real story there? Is Lincig actually Lift's Chinese manufacturer?
  • technoHippie

I'd like to know as well. It looks identical, but if the material isn't quality, then is it worth it over authentic Lift?
  • BoomDraws
    you mean lift / lincig. Is like Toyota/Lexus and Nissan/infinity? :)
  • EasyToSlip

Material of the Lincig is good. Works very well. Quarter turn design instead of endless screwing...
    The only thing that is a little weird is the lid. It is not magnetic.
    It is solid metal and very thick and heavy, but no magnets.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment