• Rockytdogg
    "Hey Rockytdogg,

No bother at all - good to hear from you.

For starters.........it's "HOSER" not "hose-nose" - you made my day with that slightly off Canadian reference!.

As far as discounts go - we are going in a different direction then most companies by not discounting our products. We feel by setting a fair price and not discounting - everybody gets a the best price every time.

It cost quite a bit more to produce the LIFT grinder compared to the conventional grinders out there and we have it priced as low as we can.

On Sun, Oct 1, 2017 at 8:25 AM, Lift Innovations (Shopify) <> wrote:

You received a new message from your online store's contact form.

Contact Form Name: Rockytdogg
    Email:
    Body:
    Hello,
    Sorry to bother you, but I was wondering if there may be any online coupon codes available. I just cant justify, personally, spending this much on an, albeit amazing, solution. Just even knowing they exist, drives me.... you know...? Anyway, I don't want to give you my whole bull-shit, cry-poor, sob-story... Any info would be greatly appreciated.... EH?! Now take-off, hose-nose! ;) THANKS!

Greg Moneta
    Customer Support, Lift Innovations
    | lift-innovations.com"

Should I Email back informing him that I purposely said "hose-nose" and not "hoser"??? Hoser seemed too easy to use after "EH" and "take-off"... and also ask why they have a place for coupon codes when online ordering, and that there are many recently expired codes out there...? but I'm not that big of a Masshole... ;)

Looks like the SLX is back on!
  • LabPong

Just remember......you do not want to spend any tedious time cleaning the grinder out just to use it properly.....you want to do this as little as possible or not at all. You also want the start to finish process to be fast and easy when you use the grinder. SLX baby.......SLX ! Easily... it is in the top 3 best purchases I have made.
  • Rockytdogg
    “Hello again Greg,

Honestly, and not to be argumentative or anything, but really, the only reason I reached out (cuz I realize you can’t just give away your profits and still remain in business) was because of their being a place to enter coupon codes on your website before purchasing and that there are all kinds of old 20%, 15% off discount codes out there (FREEGIFT420, LOADED15 etc)….?

Now, I’ll tell you quickly my situation: I’m a Massachusetts medical card holder and I recently purchased an amazing new vape (Ghost MV1) to use for my needs and very specific grinds are recommended. I use scissors now but I fear my dexterity issues may be a problem so I’m looking into purchasing either an SLX, yours and the Lincig (which many people I know have purchased just because of this new $300 vape). Now I know it’s a knockoff or copy, and is most likely vastly inferior to yours, and I’d hate to support a jerk overseas businesses like that which probably stole your dies, but it’s been getting great reviews and is 1/3 the price...! The SLX is $50 including goodies and shipping…. Which, although I don’t want it as much as your product, it is really all I guess I can afford….

Anyways, thanks for letting me take up some of your Sunday,

Rocky

P.S. Greg, I’m 50… I was steeped in Bob and Doug at a very young age. And I love Canada. I used “Hose-nose” cuz I thought it was funny and using “Hoser” was too easy after saying “EH” and “Take off” (and certainly better than “Hose-bag”)…

Yes, the whole country calls people from here “Massholes”…. Now you know why!

Let’s see if he at least replies.... odds?? I’d say pretty good cuz of the Lincig namedrop...
  • medicalmark
    The lincig grinder is a knock off of the Canadian made LiFt grinder.
    I have a LIFT grinder one out the first 300 made #291 actually and have to say it's so awesome.
    xrnas2d2yrfgmbxv.jpg
    v1pv6icf4casrfcn.jpg
    16f5jj8vw3ap1ml3.jpg

This grinder has 3 different size grinding screens and 3 different sized sift screens for Kief as well.
    This this grinds anything without clogging up even home made sticky ass moonrocks kief, shatter and a nice trichomed bud no match for the lift.
    I'm sure it will work great with MV1
    Attachments
    IMG_0089 (189K)
    IMG_0091 (214K)
    IMG_0093 (225K)
  • Rockytdogg
    And here's the reply. He sees like a decent enough fellow.... hard to argue with it:

Hey Rocky,

I appreciate you getting in touch and also enjoy having a conversation about our beliefs and how and why we do certain things.

The discount code box is automatically placed there buy our eCommerce platform provider - we can't remove it.

We have had discounts in the past - discounting was quite a contentious issue with one of my former partners that was doing the marketing. He is the one that implemented those past discounts.

I don't want to create a situation where one person get a discount and the next person get screwed by paying more, I don't want our product to be impulse purchases based on the availability of a discount, our product is expensive and I want people to buy it because they want it. I don't want to "trick" people into buying from us with discounts.

I also don't want people that want our product to wait to purchase because they expect a discount to come around.

There are certain stores I buy from that everything at one time or another go on sale - I don't get things when I want them because the full price is too much for a product, so I wait for when they go on sale - when I really need something and have to buy it at full price - I hate it because I feel like I got ripped off and overpaid.

I have the opportunity to break the conventional "marketing" or "discount" methods.

I want everyone to get great value with our products and be happy and satisfied with them.

The LIFT grinder is designed specifically for people with limited dexterity, manufactured in Canada, the aluminum is produced in special mill runs in the USA. There are no dies that can be stolen - we are friends with all of our suppliers.

I can't blame you for wanting to save money by buying another grinder - we keep up on reviews about our grinder and "the other one" Their reviews are not comparable to ours. They have stolen the concept - but failed on the execution.

I'm 47 and Fuck - Bob and Doug were the best back in our day, glad you enjoyed them as well. Haven't heard those references in such a long time.

Always happy to spend the time with people that are interested in what we do! Have a great rest of the weekend.
  • medicalmark
    Well I'm a Canadian medical patient and can truly say the Lift grinders is o easy to use and I've had all kinds over the past 15 yrs as a exempted medical grower.
    Truly a exceptional' design to bad others copy great products just to ruin it and take a original' idea
    and try to take credit.
    Lift is the first and best grinders to chop not grind one rotation chops your medicine 24 times with each passing of the blades.
    Cheers mediclmark
  • bener
    ... big Led Zep, Who, Yes, ELP, Jeff Beck Etc ...Rockytdogg

Hey, I dig those bands too (Y) ...lots lof wonderful music and great shows.
  • bener

Do you feel the texture of the finished product is better for vaping when using your Lift?
  • Rockytdogg

Hey, thanks for your input. I really appreciate it.
    (sorry, I kinda fibbed about the dexterity issues but not the medical card...)
    Yeah, I almost want to buy the Lift now, well, cuz it's awesome, but I also respect an owner that takes time out his Sunday to communicate with any old wackjob on the infernet...

But while I'm sure it's awesome, and no doubt great for the MV1, $130+ is a lot for me to spend on a good grinder compared to the SLX which is $50 delivered....

Think I'm gonna have to vape on it... i mean sleep on it.

Indeed, @bener, Indeed!
  • HocusPocus
    The Discount Box still works. Enter "StrainCentral" to get a free Sifting Disc-Fine. E-Commerce automatically put it there? Oh well:-|
  • medicalmark
    The lift grinders actually chops meds at different sizes with constancy I find that the trichomes don't fall off into the collector as much as other grinders thus preserving the resin glands and given a more potent medicine after your grind which is great.
    This company is out of Winnipeg and has been around for about a year.
  • Rockytdogg

Wow, thanks for thinking of me...!

I tried the code and received:
    "Your cart does not meet the requirements for the STRAINCENTRAL discount code"
    It wouldn't work with the kit or just a grinder. Boooo! Maybe it's cuz I want the large...?

Cool, @medicalmark, yeah, that's exactly what appeals to me about this style grinder, the gland preservation and size selection.
  • HocusPocus
    Add the disc to the cart first
  • HocusPocus
    I will probably get the 3-piece and just get the free fine disc. Don't need the different kief discs. I might get the 4-piece but still just get the free fine disc. I don't think I will have a use for the course one.
  • Rockytdogg

SOLD!

And HocusPocus swoops in out of nowhere for the KILL!
    You Rock! Thanks for saving me $13!
    Got the 4 piece , $100 delivered

So sorry, @LabPong.... all that time and effort... I feel kinda sad... :(

about you not having a better grinder than me! :P
  • LabPong

Just wait till you have to clean it....by the time you look at it and touch it...mine will be perfectly clean and ready for another strain to get mulched. haaa :D

No worries...cool you sprung for the best performer. Hope your satisfied with the $/bang.
  • Rockytdogg

I hear ya, maybe I’ll get one of those... probably sooner than later X-)
    But I am finally glad to stop obsessing about it, as I’m sure all you guys are, too.

The owner of Lift and I keep e-mailing back and forth. Nice guy, we have a lot in common, like enjoying what is easily best comedy show on tv since Seinfeld...

The Trailer Park Boys, of course!

Anyway, many thanks to those that helped guide me through my first world class grinder purchase!
  • LabPong

I just liked teasing you some bro......actually cant wait to see what you think. The SLX was my first real non plastic grinder.

Damm it.....here comes trouble....ditch it boys....Mr. Lahey is at the door.
  • Rockytdogg

Call me a sadomasochist or whatever (tmi), but I’m one of the few that actually truly enjoys giving as much as receiving (again, tmi)...

I have a thick skin and rarely ever bite (too hard)
    (tmi)
  • elykpeace
    @Rockytdogg I would have recommended the SCS ... The slx felt SO cheap to me and I have no experience with SC but SCS for every vape ... Perfect consistency Everytime (Y)
  • midas
    I just went through the first that I've used the coarse plate on the Lincig. I don't think I like it. I might have to try with a different strain but I found the vapor level less satisfying. Little more experimentation is needed, but I might be going back to the medium.
  • Oliver
    Which Santa Cruz Shredder do you recommend? Small, medium or large? Three piece or four piece?
  • Temple ov truth
    hi the small one is very small ,had mine years ,but wish now I would have gone med,hope that helps.temple ov truth,rave on
  • Oliver
    Thanks Temple. Three piece or four piece for use with the MV1?
  • Temple ov truth
    Hi go for the four piece ,the screen is very small size it makes great pollen ,fine as fine can be lol temple ov truth ,rave on.
  • bener
    I am leaning towards the SCS, and the 4 piece. What I am not sure about is whether I should get the medium (2.1") or the large (2.75") diameter. It's hard to tell from the online pics, but it looks like the medium may have a deeper compartment to hold the finished, ground material than the large-sized one.
  • Temple ov truth
    2.75 is the one ,like you said space is larger ,I have had my one for years and still working great ,just clean it out once a month ,temple ov truth,rave on.
  • BoomDraws
    it's not the depth - it's the diameter that gives more area. Go large
  • Rockytdogg
    Per Greg's (Lift Innovations owner) email last night after replying/cheating on test he gave me, I asked:

PS: I thought all orders were fulfilled the next day by 1PM.....?!

To which:

"We have been shipping same day if ordered by 1pm since March. Right now we are out of stock, we had a huge number of unexpected orders over the last 5 days - we got caught off guard, we are assembling and should have outstanding orders fulfilled by Tuesday - Wednesday at the latest - Sorry about that!"

All cuz of the MV1, baby...!
  • midas
    it's not the depth - it's the diameter that gives moreBoomDraws

Things what she said.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention