• jonywister
    I've already made a post on how the cfv I ordered releases a chemical smell/taste when heating up, Im sending mine back to my local vapeshop for a replacement, what Im still curious about is.. did any of you happy cfv owners out there sense any chemical smell at all left from the manufacturing process? If so was it subtle? Did it go away quickly?
    1. Did your boundless cfv ever release a chemical/burned plastic smell when heating up? (4 votes)
        Yes
        50%
        No
        50%
    2. Did the smell go away after a few burn offs? (4 votes)
        Yes
        25%
        No
        75%
  • voyciz
    Contact Boundless they are very responsive.
  • icevape
    Try doing a few burn offs. TVape video says to do 4 burn offs before using.
  • jonywister
    I did a billion burn offs.. it didnt go away
  • cilantro
    @jonywisterI had the same exact issue with my CFV. It was a rubbery burned smell/taste that unfortunately never went away after many burn offs and regular usage. I started using the glass mouthpiece from PIU and it helped the taste slightly.
  • Cl4ud3
    Burn offs won't do a thing with a CFV unless your blowing air up to warm the oven. If your getting a bad smell/taste return it for a replacement.
  • jonywister
    Probably a manufacturing defect with a low incidence rate since there seems to be lots of happy cfv owners out there.. we were the lucky ones blessed with glue fragrance
  • jonywister
    Wish me luck, living in Brazil ill probably have to sue the customs department in order to not pay taxes for getting a replacement shipped here, as if it was a purchase.. they charge the same price of the vape in taxes
  • Cl4ud3
    damn, I have heard about those issues before sucks man truly. In the Uk its a flat 20% of the item cost with postage (+ a postal and handling fee, crooks) and I've had packages arrive myself where the postage is nearly the cost of the item :(
  • jonywister
    Yeah, we dont really live in a real democracy
  • SpudBob
    Those are robot farts! New Vape smell! Many vapes have that "TYPE" smell when new but usually diminish greatly after extended use.Some people are more sensitive than others to this.It COULD be a defect too. A bit of glue spooged in the pathway or heat tape misapplied?? Sometimes the smell can be reduced by using coconut oil to coat the pathway after it leaves the chamber-obviously.Or just wait for the mouthpiece to get resin coated does help too. I have a CFX and it had a bit of New Vape smell but has diminished completely after several burn offs at highest temp and coconut oil coating mouthpiece along with repeated use.I don't clean the mouthpiece only the screens. I DO prefer glass/ceramic/steel pathways best! Plastics! you can't live with them and can't live without them-or so It would seem!
  • jonywister
    take a look at this tear down of the cfx.. im guessing it is possible that that creamy looking glue next to the vaporpath could've accidentally been put inside the path during assembly
  • SpudBob
    I think its just the nature of plastics. According to BNDLS the material they use is PEEK or PEK. It supposed to off gas at a very high temp. Like new car smell! It does, in the case of the CFX, go away after a bit of time.
  • SpudBob
    I think what you are referring to is the yellowish heat tape that they use to insulate the wiring and wrap the chamber in. I don't think it is possible, based on the teardown, to get it into the intake tube. I think what you smell is the plastic doing what plastic does. I prefer glass/wood/ steel pathways! Take a look at MistVape Touch/ Milaana or Firewood4 vapes.
  • jonywister
    i dont know man, mine feels pretty toxic..
  • SpudBob
    I understand. If it really bugs you try to get your money back or sell it and buy something you can live with. Its ALLWAYS going to be in the back of your mind. Look up the three that I mentioned. I don't think you can go wrong. Who did you buy it from???
  • jonywister
    You wouldnt know, its a local store here in Brazil.. Im gonna return it for a new one in case this is a manufacturing defect and the smell you are referring to is actually different from the one mine is producing, they wont give me the option of a different vape though
  • SpudBob
    You could try contacting Boundless directly. Eric is a GREAT guy to deal with. Ive had a few contacts with him
  • icevape
    Is it better to do a warranty replacement with Boundless or Puffitup? I have had it for a week and the battery won't take a full charge. I have contacted both and they both gave me an RMA.
  • Cl4ud3
    Probably puffitup would be quicker, slightly.
  • icevape
    I got the replacement back from Puffitup and now after over 10 burn offs, I am still getting some kind of off gassing. Already sent an email to Alice @ Puff.
    Attachment
    VID_20170928_231514 (24M)
  • Cl4ud3
    You need to blow some air slowly in the bottom intake, Burnoff's won't do much otherwise as the oven doesn't get hot - convection vapes don't heat up the same as conduction.
  • Roderick
    My one doesn't but I only use it with eSnuff. It may have a more chemical smell with liquid than with tobacco.
  • icevape
    I did that a few times after I posted the video. I think it is gone but I will do it a few more times to be safe.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment