• jbhoodie
    I just got one about 2 weeks ago and I find the whistling to be pretty annoying. It seems to be worst at the rate in which I want to draw, bummer. Also, I'm having a lot of trouble vaping all of my material despite some nice grinding, lightly packed to anywhere between 25 -75% of the ELB. I stir and use temp settings 12:00-2:30....still no luck.

Anyone have this whistling issue? Is there anything I can do about it?

What could I possibly be doing wrong that the unit is not thoroughly vaping my material?

I stir and use temp settings 12:00-2:30....still no luck.

I can reuse it with a different vape and get more drags.

Also, how are you filling the Turbine Hydratube with water? How much?

Thanks in advance!
  • Flipz
    The turbine hydratube doesn't need too much water, somewhere around here should be ok

xisjdkmvwzcztgay.jpg

About the issue your having, think I'll wait to hear from @VapeCritic on this one. Never ran into that problem myself but if anyone could help, it'd be him.

Others may have some thoughts and suggestions which is fine... just know that Bud has a excessive amount of experience using the VapeXhale.
  • VapeCritic
    Hey just to make sure you're inner glass isn't cracked do this test for me... go to use the vape as you normally would (don't need herb, but put water in tube) and while you're pulling from it plug up the bottom air intake hole with your finger.

If airflow completely stops and you can't pull anymore you're good, but if you have air coming through the hydratube with the bottom plugged up then you have a crack somewhere inside, hopefully you don't though.

Lemme know how you make out after testing this!
  • jbhoodie
    Thanks for getting back to me guys.

I tried what you said, Bud. It seems like there's no crack. I'm going to make the assumption that this could be a result of many things. All you need is a slight misalignment with the glass intake or some other variable. However, I must add that the bottom hole of the hydratube, where you slide it onto the Evo, there is a slight dimple of some sort on the rim at the bottom. Sorry, tough to explain. The edge of the bottom ring of the hydratube has what seems to be an imperfection which might be opening a space. But Bud's method kind of disproved this hypothesis. So no luck, Bud.

This seems to be something discussed on the FC Forum so I'm not the only one. I know it might be a trivial thing but it's really not, it's a disruption to your experience IMO.

Bud, what do you think about my situation with my herb not vaping thoroughly and evenly?

By this I mean my herb is being vaped to various degrees; I still find a mix of green herb, medium vaped (light light brownish color), decently vaped (nice medium to dark brown) and also sometimes black when I start to go beyond 2-3 o'clock.

I get very few hits off this thing. I get one to two solid hits and then the amount of vapor significantly diminishes, despite the fact that I can stir and still find un-vaped (not sure if that's a term or word).

I'm also testing out an Extreme Q and a Crafty. It has been an interesting experiment. If anyone would like to hear my newbie comparison between all 3, I can put forth.

To end this rant, I'll summarize:

- Bud's test was not able to diagnose the issue.

My question:

Why won't my herb vape evenly, rather than the mix of dark brown, light brown and un-vaped herb?

I stir, grind well and don't even pack really, I scoop it up from my grinder so it's not packed tight (25-75% of ELB).

Thanks again!
  • Guapo
    Pack only 25% and then try around with some different inhale speeds
  • Flipz
    Have you reached out to VapeXhale directly? Just curious if so, what was their response? Thanks.
  • VapeCritic
    Cool glad it's not cracked, but not glad the issue persists :’(

Very weird indeed, first thing that came to mind was maybe you're packing too tight, but then you said you don't so hmmmm

This is such an odd issue, I suppose a next step would be to contact VapeX about it

Do this, send them an email and briefly explain the issue, then put a link to this page and say that VapeCritic sent you because he can't figure it out, and he had me do the standard glass test.

http://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/184/vapexhale-cloud-evo-whistling-and-not-vaping-all-material-help

Post back what happens and if I have to test it myself I will!
  • Tom Daigon
    I just bought a Cloud Evo and am having issues. The draw is ok for both the heating unit (no cracks) and the Hydrabomb when tested separately. And I have great lung capacity. I generally pack very lightly since its just me vaping. I wait awhile after the green light appears before starting. I get very light vapor for about 6 hits.They are cool and barely noticeable which is OK, but it seemed to fill up with more cloud when I first bought it.
  • Flipz
    did you go over everything making sure it's clean and nothing stopping/blocking the vapor pathway? i have the evo but never had issues so off hand I am not sure. Maybe the @VapeCritic has some suggestions or can point you in a better direction.
  • SlowDrawMG

What temp settings are you using?
    Same material as when you first bought it?
    Are you letting it heat soak when you first flip it on?
  • Tom Daigon
    1 or 2 O'Clock.

That maybe it. Purple Haze at first. Now Golden Goat which is more damp the the other.

Yes, I turn it on...let it turn green. Then give it another minute or two before drawing.
  • Aj85
    try drying your herb before vaping as with all vapes the drier the herb the better as it sounds like damp herb my be your problem! Especially if the herbs damper than the herb that was working well. Although different strains also contain differing amounts of resins and oils!

Hope this solves your issue!

All the best,

Aj.
  • Tom Daigon
    That makes sense. Everything else was working as it should. (I always thought herb, damp with resin was a good thing ;)
  • Aj85
    not for vaping I'm afriad!

All vapes require completely dry herb to perform at optimum levels otherwise your boiling of water molecules first as well, rather than just the oils, trichomes and resins!

The grind also effects performance (as a greater surface area provides better heat distribution and more vapor production) and generally (some vapes are different due to airflow and filter size) the finer the grind the better!

Hope this helps!

All the best,

Aj.
  • Flipz
    @Aj85 said it perfect (Y)
  • SlowDrawMG

Yep material is it.
    I've noticed other vaporist unhappy with results from their Vaporizers and I always attribute to the material first.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment