• bener
    I have sucked plenty after the hit with this thing, opened the door and blown on it, and that fucking crucible is still way hot...too hot for me to easily handle.Baron23

Wow, of course I believe you, but that's such a different experience with my unit. Unless I've run Level 5 for a hit or two I can usually take out my crucible fairly comfortably without any special precautions.

It seems as if the unlocking procedure they did introduced a lot of variability among units, or .... In any case, it's more of a challenge to figure out what's going on when different units are behaving differently.
  • Cl4ud3
    Everyone feels heat to differing degrees though, what is fine for one person might be way too hot for others. One of my friends for instance washed dishes in water so hot his arms and hands would be red, I wouldn't of been able to do that :D
  • Baron23
    ↪bener
    Everyone feels heat to differing degrees though, what is fine for one person might be way too hot for others. One of my friends for instance washed dishes in water so hot his arms and hands would be red, I wouldn't of been able to do that :D
    Cl4ud3

Exactly. And I am heat sensitive but this vape shouldn't only be for those with asbestos fingers. LOL

To me, that sucker is hot.
  • bener
    @Baron23@Cl4ud3

Yes of course you're correct and everyone's perception varies.

I still wonder if the actual units out in the wild have a range of operating temps and that partially may explain our varying experiences.
  • ghostvapesofficial
    What does it mean when you get green-red-green light configuration?
    — Zep4

I have seen this but it also blinks with the g-r-g lights showing -- that's an error condition. To me it's happened if I opened the crucible door while the unit is on, and a couple of times for reasons unknown to me @bener

This is a warning signal that appears when the crucible door is open. It's a safety feature that prevents you from using the product with an open or partially open door.

Best

Patrick
  • ghostvapesofficial
    I have sucked plenty after the hit with this thing, opened the door and blown on it, and that fucking crucible is still way hot...too hot for me to easily handle.
    — Baron23

Wow, of course I believe you, but that's such a different experience with my unit. Unless I've run Level 5 for a hit or two I can usually take out my crucible fairly comfortably without any special precautions.

It seems as if the unlocking procedure they did introduced a lot of variability among units, or .... In any case, it's more of a challenge to figure out what's going on when different units are behaving differently. @bener

Some units are certainly running hotter than others but all temperature levels will be set to default when the App is released, so there will be consistent results on all units.

The heating profiles will also be corrected at this time.

We are seeing improved performance and reduced instances of overheating when the Heat Sink is correctly assembled.

Please take a look at the following video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-iVsEtSDRE

Best

Patrick
  • bener

Yes, I know of at least one user, Mary M reporting that seeing the video had helped her improve performance.

Can you please remind us of what the default temperature levels are/will be?

Any update on the app's release?
  • ghostvapesofficial
    I'm going to be sending an update out shortly covering a number of different points.

Sorry we weren't able to get this out today.

My bad as I had some urgent personal issues to deal with.

Stay tuned.

Best

Patrick
  • BobaTheFett
    Anything above level one I get burnt popcorn flavor am I doing something wrong
  • StuddlyBud

Will be staying tuned dude (Y). Hope all is well.
  • bener

Thanks for letting us know and we'll be looking forward to your update.

That said, although I know some folks might be a little disappointed the app wasn't able to come out and play today, I say it's not as important as you and yours being ok and dealing with whatever has come down the pike. Hope things turn out (or have already) turned out well for you.

Just trying to throw in a little perspective ... we've been patient this long a little while longer is not really a big deal.
  • Baron23
    Yes of course you're correct and everyone's perception varies.bener

I had a friend who own and chef'd a French resturant. Almost everything was cooked on a flame gas grill. He never used implements, he put the meat on, turned it over, took it off all with his bare hands. LOL

I couldn't even get near the grill with my little wimpy fingers. hahaha
  • Terry Hutchinson
    With the super hot crucible, how can anyone truly claim it is convection only? Not that I really care, but the convection component of, say, the Mighty is really a matter of the supper heated air heating the herb chamber. Seems to me that with continued draws, the crucible is going to conduction heat the contents just like pretty much any other vape. Is that not so?
  • Baron23
    Nope, as far as I know, the Mighty has two heaters, one for the air and one for the oven (the conduction part). If I'm wrong, please educate me but this is my understanding.

I do love my Mighty and personally really like a well done hybrid vape.
  • Terry Hutchinson
    The Mighty is a hybrid vape for sure. But not because there is an independent heater dedicated to the herb chamber. There is a substantial gap between the heating unit and the chamber. However, being stainless steel, the chamber is quickly heated by the hot air passing under and through the small ports at the bottom of the chamber. I assume that S&B wanted the chamber to heat up and provide some conduction support to the direct convection heating of the herb. It also appears that Ghost wanted to avoid conduction heating as much as was possible. But a user who is doing consecutive long draws on the MV1 is definitely going to see the ceramic crucible heat up and conduct to the herb. Ceramic conducts heat much less efficiently than steel, but it will certainly retain heat and transfer it to any material in which it is in contact. The MV1, when used this way, is a hybrid vape.
  • Erikson
    The crucible lid is almost a part of the heat-sink, it's part of the heat dissipating process, it's bound to get hot.
  • Cl4ud3
    The way vapes are defined as conduction/convection is normally down to not the drawing of air but if the unit is left on and the chamber heats to a significant degree.

Some exceptions are for instance log vapes, they are convection but if you leave the stem in for an extended period they become more conduction.
    If the heater is located close enough to the oven chamber to heat up without air pulling then the unit has conductive properties.
  • ghostvapesofficial
    ↪Baron23 The Mighty is a hybrid vape for sure. But not because there is an independent heater dedicated to the herb chamber. There is a substantial gap between the heating unit and the chamber. However, being stainless steel, the chamber is quickly heated by the hot air passing under and through the small ports at the bottom of the chamber. I assume that S&B wanted the chamber to heat up and provide some conduction support to the direct convection heating of the herb. It also appears that Ghost wanted to avoid conduction heating as much as was possible. But a user who is doing consecutive long draws on the MV1 is definitely going to see the ceramic crucible heat up and conduct to the herb. Ceramic conducts heat much less efficiently than steel, but it will certainly retain heat and transfer it to any material in which it is in contact. The MV1, when used this way, is a hybrid vape. @Terry Hutchinson

There is no conduction taking place via the ceramic crucible and the MV1 is a true convection vaporizer. We don't need, use or have to rely on conduction as we are able to superheat air rapidly and maintain the temperature for the entire draw cycle. The proprietary ceramic we use does not get hot enough for long enough to have any conductive effect whatsoever.
  • Temple ov truth
    think you need to put up a flir photo that would show the heat path temple ov truth ,rave on
  • Terry Hutchinson
    This will be my last post on the topic. I would agree that Ghost has done virtually everything it could do to prevent conductive heating of the crucible contents. That conceivably the MV1 is the most convective vape on the market. But the statement that "the proprietary ceramic we use does not get hot enough for long enough to have any conductive effect whatsoever" is hyperbolic marketing nonsense. If at any time the crucible's ceramic is hotter than the herbal contents, some heat will be conducted to the herb. Is this heat transfer relatively small, sure. Is this conductive heat transfer sufficient to effect anyone's experience of the vapor quality, likely not. But at least from where I sit, the marketing use of absolutes is irritating and basically science fiction.
  • ghostvapesofficial
    This will be my last post on the topic. I would agree that Ghost has done virtually everything it could do to prevent conductive heating of the crucible contents. That conceivably the MV1 is the most convective vape on the market. But the statement that "the proprietary ceramic we use does not get hot enough for long enough to have any conductive effect whatsoever" is hyperbolic marketing nonsense. If at any time the crucible's ceramic is hotter than the herbal contents, some heat will be conducted to the herb. Is this heat transfer relatively small, sure. Is this conductive heat transfer sufficient to effect anyone's experience of the vapor quality, likely not. But at least from where I sit, the marketing use of absolutes is irritating and basically science fiction. @Terry Hutchinson

Hi Terry I apologise if you feel that I'm being argumentative or hyperbolic - I'm really not. In the context of vaporization, a conductive effect literally means just that. Of course there is a degree of conduction when you heat something. The point is that our crucible does not retain enough heat to have a conductive effect on the material it contains. We rely solely on convection and there is no contributory conductive effect from the crucible or any other component in our device. With respect we employ world leaders in thermodynamics and mathematics and they really know their subject matter. Best Patrick
  • Baron23

Thank you for the info on the Might's heater. I do tend to run my Mighty with a liquid pad on top of the load to add a bit of conduction at the end. Works very well for me and I get very nice even brown AVB.

I do rather agree with Claude that no matter the vape, the oven will eventually get warmer than ambient and hence one can argue that there is some, even if insignificant, degree of heat energy transferred to the load via conduction.

However, as a practical matter, I also rather agree with Claude that the distinguishing issue is will your load cook if the vape is turned on and no draws are taken and with the MV-1 (and some others), the answer is no....not to any degree that practically matters.

Also, my experience with the MV-1 is that while I find the crucible to get objectionably hot for my heat sensitive fingers (and probably for a lot others), it isn't that hot.

cheers
123Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube