• Kakarot
    Max absorption is like 3 or 4 seconds in lol past that and your absorbing toxins..
  • BoomDraws
    I am going to PM you.
  • BoomDraws
    That is an untrue statement.
  • Kakarot
    3 to 5 seconds my bad and it is very much true. The longer you hold it the more toxins get absorbed, THC,CBD and all the other Cannabinoids are absorbed in that time frame.. You may feel a different feeling but it’s from lack of oxygen not more pappy’s.. Cannabinoids feel completely different when they are not accompanied by lack of oxygen and unwanted products in the material any time ANY KIND of Smoke or even thick vapor is held in the lungs for a extended period it’s just not good for them period the lungs are meant for air not hot vapor, gas or smoke, My poison is the vapor it is in my opinion the safest way besides edibles.
  • BoomDraws
    I am saying that - you absorb toxins at all seconds ;) Not the other parts :D My bad i should have clarified.
  • Kakarot
    Well technically if you look at Cannabinoids and the way they work a lot of them counteract the toxins and negative effects but the longer you hold it in... not so much.
  • Lucic and Chong
    It arrived a couple of hours ago. I put it on the fast charger right away, and went to my dispensary to get a variety pack for testing- lemon seedman haze, shishkaberry, godfather og and pinky and the brain. hoping to sample a crucible of each tonight, luckily I also recently bought a new coffee maker that I can test with it.

I'll report back in a bit. unless it works too well, in which case I'll report back tomorrow.
  • Lucic and Chong
    lemon seedman haze- wow, flavour country. packed 2 small crucibles, first one on level 2 and finished on 3. 2nd on level 3 finished on 4. very tasty and very medicated. 2 really big hits before starting to tail off, probably 6 full hits out of each crucible.

some darker abv, but nothing ever tasted burnt. herb is also a bit sticky so I've pre ground some to dry out for later tests.
    02gq7w6nq21cw6pp.jpg
    tuiw8alxmv6wp01m.jpg

I know there's a bit of a learning curve and I'm not too concerned. 2 sessions in and I'm very happy with it so far, can't wait until I've got it totally figured out. good thing practice makes perfect, because I see a lot of practice in my future.
  • bener

Great that you are digging it already.
    It's going to get better as you get yourself calibrated to your MV1. You'll like it more than you already do.

Enjoy and please report on your research results 8-)
  • Lucic and Chong
    notes throughout my night-

shishkaberry- a little lighter, not huge clouds, but still clouds. I'm still only getting 5-6 good draws, but I think that is also due to the size of them. with the lack of draw resistance I'm getting as much in one draw as I would with 2 draws in my crafty.

strain plays a huge role. just moved on to godfather og and got 8 solid draws. level 1-3. 2nd crucible levels 2-3 and tails off a bit at 6, but still got 8 draws.

pinky and the brain- this is a favorite strain of mine. not sure of its genes, but its a dank, heavy indica. being that I get it quite often, I could compare it to my crafty experiences. 4 draws at level 2, 4-6 ( I don't remember) at level 3. unreal flavor on level 2, beats crafty in flavor for sure.

by the last ones I got the abv looking good. here it is compared to my last crafty session
    fb4xnidbjshlyxa1.jpg

chilling to this while I ghost

overall, really happy with my ghost through day one.
  • Zep4
    I been using a dab tool I have that is like a flathead screwdriver to scrape the inside of the crucible lid and it takes 2 seconds to do and the lid is clean and pristine once more.
    What does it mean when you get green-red-green light configuration? While out biking with it, start guide forgotten back home, with my first ever load (a drop) of D-line I kept getting that g-r-g when I'd hit the Vape button and no heat. Kept trying it every 20 min. with same result. Thought it was broken. Got home, looked at the guide, hit mode button 3xs instead of the one x I'd been doing, and vaped that load of D-line no problem. It worked like a charm. So don't give up if you think your Ghost is broken, is what I'm trying to say. It is super! Btw my husband and I got wrecked on that drop of D-line...10-12 hits:)
  • bener
    What does it mean when you get green-red-green light configuration?Zep4

I have seen this but it also blinks with the g-r-g lights showing -- that's an error condition. To me it's happened if I opened the crucible door while the unit is on, and a couple of times for reasons unknown to me
  • StuddlyBud

I like the comparison and can even see what you were able to get outta ghost's smaller load. The extractions are unreal outta the small load huh?
  • Lucic and Chong
    camera cases also make great portable vape cases. got this for $15 at london drugs. fits perfectly and has a small pocket in the front where I can keep a small container of pre ground herb and extra crucibles.
    tp0em1tyr276pgk8.jpg
    0p2viaz79rcwyeul.jpg
  • StuddlyBud

Have you checked out their crucible dispenser?
  • Zep4
    ok tnx. It was probably trying to tell me I was doing it wrong cuz I was, but so far so good for now.
  • Skyvaper
    I also went with a camera case. Very nice and it has a bit of stealth. Unzipped you see the similar silver of a camera and I wouldnt bat an eye seeing that.
  • Lucic and Chong
    The extractions are unreal outta the small load huh?StuddlyBud
    that seams to be my biggest struggle with it, convincing myself that less is actually more. I'll have a great small session and then try to make it even better by adding more in the next one, but it doesn't work that way.

Have you checked out their crucible dispenser?StuddlyBud

ya and it looks awesome. I'll probably get one when I put in an order for another battery and extra glass stems. I just like the camera case for keeping everything compact and in one bag, and it was only $15. something small enough to chuck in my work bag so that I can have a quick blast after work and before my 45 min transit commute home. I could see myself getting a bigger bag too that would also fit the crucible dispenser and an extra battery, plus maybe grinder and extra herbs too, for when I'll be out for the day. that's one of the great things with camera bags, so many different styles and sizes, some even hard shell and waterproof.
  • jbhudson
    Okay, so I've used it the last 2 nights and I'm starting to figure it out. Crucible is easy once you play with it a little. I'm getting pretty even vape, but I am stirring between hits 3 and 4 out of 6-7. The flavor is amazing!! It really does taste great. I am finding that the front of the MV1 gets quite hot! I took 3 full draws after I was done to cool things down, and I blew on the crucible before taking it out and it was still RED hot! I had to leave it to air cool for a minute or two with the door open before I could handle it. I'm hopeful that the app will address this once it is released. Like some others here I also have to use 2 hands(thumbs) to close the door in order for it to latch.

This is only my second vape after the Launch Box from Magic Flight and I must say, I like it a lot. I will NOT be returning my unit, but I am quite hopeful that the app corrects the heat issue.

Lastly, I'd just like to commend @ghostvapesofficial for their amazing customer service and for an amazing product!
  • StuddlyBud

Word. I am still amazed at how just one crucible can set you right. I really like the fact that instead of adding more you can still suck all the nectar from your first load until bone dry like in your pic.

That case you got for it is coo, that's why asked you if you saw the crucible case so maybe you can get a slightly bigger one to fit it in. But then I thought about how the dispenser case itself could just fit into your pockets ..just depends on how you wanna pack I guess.

I was wondering how I myself can take this around town. Lol sometimes I contemplate if i even should ... I'll cross that bridge when I arrive to it tho...
  • bener
    That case you got for it is coo, that's why asked you if you saw the crucible case so maybe you can get a slightly bigger one to fit it in.StuddlyBud

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking! ;)
    I wondered if there are any dimensions out there for the crucible case so that we can plan ahead when looking for a case.
  • bener
    I am finding that the front of the MV1 gets quite hot! I took 3 full draws after I was done to cool things down, and I blew on the crucible before taking it out and it was still RED hot! I had to leave it to air cool for a minute or two with the door open before I could handle it.jbhudson

Here's what I do to that I just realize might help keep my unit cooler, though I honestly don't think it's too hot if I don't do this. Still, it may help you.

When I am drawing while holding the button down, I will draw for a few more seconds after letting the button go. I do this even if I don't go the full 15-seconds from the timer.

Also, right before opening, without holding down the button to get heat, I'll take a long draw just to chill things out a bit before opening. I do this if I run Level 5. Don't do this all the time.

Maybe it'll help.
  • StuddlyBud

Supposedly there's gonna be a case for the mv1...but it looks like it's just going to accommodate the device. It would be nice to see if they can create one for both the device and dispenser ...but I'm thinkin it might be too big or bulky if together.

Actually...maybe if the dispenser case can somehow fit behind it. Also depends on the material of the case...soft or hard? Hmmm it might be beneficial to just keep them separate because the dispenser itself is definitely very portable lol like carrying a candy bar in the pocket I assume...
  • StuddlyBud
    Yeah definitely a soft case if fitting together, hard case for just the device by itself. I just can't bring myself to carrying it around on my waist or anything. I'm thinkin I like the hard case separate for the device and pocket both...that seems morw practical for me.
  • Rockytdogg
    Good thing it’s too big to put on a necklace.....!
  • bener

Hey, you never know, man, you never know. :-}

I think we'd all been surprised by one thing or another that you saw become a "style" hit ...
  • Lucic and Chong
    my only concern with the crucible dispenser is if the herb will settle too much during transport? how the crucible is packed seams to affect performance, will a loosely packed crucible settle down to be more packed with space at the top after bumping around in the dispenser for a bit?

I'm sure I'm overthinking things, but I think I'll experiment anyways with packing a crucible loosely and carrying it around for the day in a little container that I get my bubble hash in, to see if it changes much.
    w4d8o6a8lt4b0tbx.jpg
  • Lucic and Chong
    Good thing it’s too big to put on a necklace.....!Rockytdogg
    that would make it awfully convenient, maybe you're on to something
  • Rockytdogg
    @Lucic and Chong
    Haha, well it would have to be more like a shoulder holster... imagine that sucker swinging around freely on some noodler’s neck at a Dead show.
  • Baron23
    When I am drawing while holding the button down, I will draw for a few more seconds after letting the button go. I do this even if I don't go the full 15-seconds from the timer.bener

I have sucked plenty after the hit with this thing, opened the door and blown on it, and that fucking crucible is still way hot...too hot for me to easily handle.

With a Might, because their dosing capsules are; 1) 34 cents each in a pack of 40, I believe and; 2) the lid stays retained on the capsule so you can just dump it out onto the table, into the weeds, etc and load another one right away. MV-1, expensive crucible and you better be dumping it into an ashtray because the AVB will be everywhere.

I'm just going to keep saying it until it gets through to them.....the lid design (not retaining at all on the crucible) is insufficient and inadequate for its purpose.

I believe that somebody above mentioned using their dab tool to clean off their lid after a load. I don't think cleaning it that way is an issue for anybody and many brushes will work well also. For me, the issue is the holes getting clogged with reclaim and particles of herb and that will not come off with a screw driver or brush. Bit of ISO, its gone and no problem. But it does seem to clog up pretty good after a couple/few loads.

Cheers
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet