• VapeCritic
    Hey guys I just caught up with all the MV1 threads and read about all your positive, neutral, and negative experiences with it. I'm very glad most of you are loving it, and I'm bummed that some of you aren't, but I'm very confident we'll be able to get this fixed up for everybody and noone will be left hanging.

So, the app, we're all still patiently waiting for this to be ready but it is highly likely that updating your vape through the app will solve most of the issues I've seen.

My buy-back guarantee is now extended for all forum members, so if you're having trouble with your vape your 7-day testing period doesn't start until the app is available for you to download.

These are the main complaints I've seen:

Overheating, charring or uneven vaporization - The first thing to check if this is happening to you is your loading method, which includes how finely you are grinding your herb and how full & tight you're packing your crucible. If you're loading correctly and still having charring issues then your unit may not be functioning properly and it needs a firmware update (through the app). Resetting your vape to the default heat levels and having the ability to fine tune your temps with the app will really help a lot.

Battery life - If you feel like your battery is losing its charge too fast this is also something that more likely than not will correct itself with the firmware update. If for some reason it does not then Ghost will arrange to get you a free replacement pack.

Mouthpiece scratching - New mouthpieces are arriving soon and will be sent for free to anybody that has one that is too tight and is rubbing against the ceramic insert. Ghost will let us know when these are starting to go out.

Silicone in the vapor path - There's been some debate about the safety of using silicone in vapes, but research shows it is used in a ton of vapes (and other products) and is not harmful at normal vaping temperatures. Even though the hot vapor does not technically hit the ~1-2mm of silicone in this vape some people were still concerned. The Wikipedia page on silicone describes silicone as "generally non-reactive, stable, and resistant to extreme environments and temperatures from -55 °C to +300 °C while still maintaining its useful properties... Silicone rubber can be found in a wide variety of products, including: cooking, baking, & food storage products and medical devices and implants". For anyone still skeptical, google "Silpat silicone baking mat", it's probably the most relevant related product.

Off-gassing and/or weird tastes - I'm really not sure what this is all about or how it's even possible, but some people are saying that they had to do a burn-off before using the vape, or that they taste something weird when drawing through it. I've never experienced this with any of my units and in fact my experience has been quite the opposite, I'm getting the purest and cleanest tasting vapor I've ever gotten from a portable vape.

Some good things I'm happy to see you're pleased with:

Build quality / look & feel - I'm glad many of you are finding that the vape looks and feels better in person than it does in my pics and videos, because you're right it does.

Getting lifted from 2-4 draws - I was hoping to see reports of this and I'm glad most of you are getting to experience what I was trying to get across in my videos - supreme potency and efficiency.

Taste and smoothness - Happy to see most of you agreeing that the vapor quality is top tier and as good as the top desktop units.

I'm going to start receiving the first returned units tomorrow, and within a few days I should have enough returns tested to know first-hand whether these vapes just need updating or it happens to be user error. I'm guessing it will be a mix of both but we'll know real soon what the split is.

I'm not sure how many I will have but if you're interested in a like-new unit that was personally tested by me please shoot me a PM, I have a short list of people waiting for one. If any of these returned units do in fact need to be updated then I will of course not offer them to anyone until I update them myself and do testing.

Lastly, I've been getting some real nasty comments and messages lately, I'm experiencing more vitriol than ever with this vape. I love you guys and I know this is not representative of my audience as a whole, so if you're one of the nice ones which most of you are, EARMUFFS, because whoever has been going out of their way lately to try and get under my skin, you can go fuck yourselves. Having the balls to send me disrespectful, loser comments that if made to my face it would be lights out, good thing for you there's a screen between us.

Anyway back to business, thank you all again very much for your patience and understanding through this whole launch process, I know blah blah blah, but I really mean it.

ALSO, regarding the new Ghost MV1 category page, If you don't want all of the MV1 threads showing up on your homepage (All Discussions) then all you have to do is go to the Categories page and uncheck the box next to the Ghost category name.

Stay up!
    -Bud
  • MrNiceGuy
    e7s5cx9um9ibwngx.png
    Lol at telling them to go fuck themselves....
  • voyciz
    Fuck them haters Bud! Congrats on being a part of this modern marvel and thanks for supporting the forum members. I didn't get to try one yet, but one day I am looking forward to it.
  • Oliver
    It’s unfortunate that there are some people who feel the need to make nasty comments no matter what. Unfortunately, that is the world we are living in. The bottom line is that you and Ghost have been there for us all the way. Who can ask for anything more. If anyone is unhappy with their MV1 they can take you up on your satisfaction guarantee and send it back to you, no questions asked. What do these people then have to complain about? The MV1 has a few issues which Ghost has acknowledged and the fixes are on the way. What more could a consumer ask for? And, if after the fixes are installed and anyone is still not satisfied, they still can send it back to you for a full refund, etc. Don't let these people get you down. Keep the faith!

I do have a question regarding grinders. I am looking to buy the one grinder that works best with the MV1. Can you please recommend one? Thanks.
  • bener
    Thank you for the update, Bud!
    We really appreciate how much you and the Ghost Vapes crew have done to show how much you appreciate those of us that have purchased the MV1. The response to those of us with issues has been very prompt.

I am having some issues and am looking forward to their resolution. Nonetheless, the MV1 has some serious skills in the medication department.
  • StuddlyBud

Thanks for the update Bud, it's reassuring.
  • midas
    The one problem I didn't see addressed is that some of us are seeing a big drop in performance as the battery gets even slightly drained. I don't know if that falls into the battery life area or the software update, or both.

But when it's working right, this thing is insane. If they can't figure out the performance problem I'll just buy another battery to get me through the day. I haven't fired up my enail in 5 days now. The last time I used it reminded me just how smooth the MV1 is.

I knew going into this that there were going to be some problems. I'm 63, I know what to expect from a new product. If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you're gonna do a little bleeding here and there. What I didn't expect was that you were serious when you said you were underselling this thing.

Put me down as the first pre-order for the MV2.
  • Dave
    Pretty coool.
  • duff
    ALSO, regarding the new Ghost MV1 category page, If you don't want all of the MV1 threads showing up on your homepage (All Discussions) then all you have to do is go to the Categories page and uncheck the box next to the Ghost category name.VapeCritic

Thanks for this.
    Much appreciated.
  • ghostvapesofficial
    ↪VapeCritic The one problem I didn't see addressed is that some of us are seeing a big drop in performance as the battery gets even slightly drained. I don't know if that falls into the battery life area or the software update, or both.

But when it's working right, this thing is insane. If they can't figure out the performance problem I'll just buy another battery to get me through the day. I haven't fired up my enail in 5 days now. The last time I used it reminded me just how smooth the MV1 is.

I knew going into this that there were going to be some problems. I'm 63, I know what to expect from a new product. If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you're gonna do a little bleeding here and there. What I didn't expect was that you were serious when you said you were underselling this thing.

Put me down as the first pre-order for the MV2. @midas

Thanks for the message and we are aware of the battery issue.

It is software related and will be fixed with a software update via the App.

Things will keep getting better for you as soon as the App is released.

Really appreciate your enthusiasm and looking forward to reading your comments once the device is performing correctly on all fronts.

Best

Patrick
  • Bruce
    I guess I am lucky.

I don't have any of the above problems. I just love this vape. It feels the best, looks the best, works the best.

Many times what happens is the folks who are having issues the first resource to check and communicate is in this forum. So although it seems to be negative at times, it sounds like of those that have received their devices very few complaints.

WhatI appreciate is the outstanding customer service. Customer Service is important in case you need it!

The only thing this Vape is missing is the ability to store and dispense The Munchies.

You speak about uneven vaporization. I have never found that to be an issue. I take out my crucible (post session) (See Picture Below) and it's nice and even, nice and brown, no black which would signal conduction or unevenly vaporization of materials.

The scratching sound to me that's the sound of the unit being airtight. I never thought of it as an issue until I read it here.

I do wish the MV1 came with the app working out of the box.

I do wish the Fast Charger would be in the box automatically for everyone. (8 Hours is a long time)

I do wish that everyone on the list gets theirs as soon as possible. (It's worth the wait).

I was concerned about the silicone. Although it is safe because of what you explained, my concern was taste. Herbs taste good, silicone tastes disgusting (I have had vapes like that). I am ULTRA sensitive and there isn't a hint of silicone taste. If you have an Arizer Solo, that is taste in its purest form (IMO). I am so happy that I can say the MV1 is as good as the Solo in its ability to produce pure taste.

It may be a good idea, to open the vape take it apart and put it together again. I did that a lot and was able to see that there is no way the silicone comes close to the heating coil or the air path. It just seals the unit up so that it is efficient and fluid.

Battery Life - My MV1 has given me 2.5 hours. I expected that.

Burn Off Cycle - The very first time using this vape (or any other) its a good idea to do a burnoff. Using a drop of plain water and put on a Q Tip. Rub the inside on all of the non-removable parts. Run warm water over the removable parts. Dry it up and reassemble. Run the unit on level 5 for 3 cycles. Any post-production taste should be gone.

Unfortunately, the likelihood of people acting like Ass*****s won't stop acting like Ass*****s that's why they are ass*****s. Get used to it.

What is the ETA for the App for iPhone and Android?

Did you hear? The 7-11's where Bud lives are now open only 23 hours a day 7 days a week. They need an extra hour to refill the munchies aisle. Evidently that Dang Vape Critic, is going pretty hard at them munchies since he got that Ghost MV1. He often is seen speeding his Vape Mobile at all hours of the night, to get munchies.

Peace, Love and Vape
    Attachment
    IMG_0921 (122K)
  • BoomDraws
    Just yesterday I loaded my crucible with some new flower. Didn't know the strain - hood streets material. Put it in vape. Taste I got? Lavender. Interesting. Went to leafly and typed in lavender. Pics that popped up looked exactly like my bud. This MV1 is so on point, that you can even identify mystery buds!

New challenge. Go buy some flower you have no idea what it is and see if you can do a blind taste test. Let the "hunger" games begin!

Lol
  • Baron23
    because whoever has been going out of their way lately to try and get under my skin, you can go fuck yourselves. Having the balls to send me disrespectful, loser comments that if made to my face it would be lights out, good thing for you there's a screen between us.VapeCritic

Here, here!! (Y) >:)

Constructive criticism should be always welcomed and I believe is by you (Bud) and others. But the character assassination and innuendos tossed at you personally do really piss me off and almost got me a time out on another board. I don't get it, but I'm with you...fuck em and yes....its easy to be a bad ass from behind a keyboard.
  • Sue
    lights out baby!!! (Y)
  • ghostvapesofficial

Here, here!! (Y) >:)

Constructive criticism should be always welcomed and I believe is by you (Bud) and others. But the character assassination and innuendos tossed at you personally do really piss me off and almost got me a time out on another board. I don't get it, but I'm with you...fuck em and yes....its easy to be a bad ass from behind a keyboard. @Baron23

Well said - I concur fully and wholeheartedly !
  • Mtbowls
    I went the distance, just placed my order. Free charger included for patience. Thanks Whitney and Patrick and whoever else has been grinding away.
  • Bruce
    Lets say 1 in 1000 people are Ass*****s. The site has increased traffic, largely because of the Ghost MV1. So if 10,000 people are new to the site, then you got 10 ass*****s. Nothing that can be done. Just as the sun comes out, there are going to be Ass*****s.

That's a great idea. Putting the different strains in both crucibles. Then do a blind test with 2 different herbs.

Peace, Love and Vape
  • BoomDraws
    yea I thought that might be up a few folks alley here lol
  • shaolinmilk
    Honestly it's the Internet. You can't really do anything about these people... it's just the world we live in. The best thing to do is probably ignore them instead of giving them attention.
  • Paulg12
    I just want to let everyone know that Bud and Ghost are very kind and courteous with all their customers I think that Bud is doing a great job and Ghost are also doing Great job getting the Product out and trying to satisfy everyone. Every time I leave a message within an hour I get a response and there just trying their best to satisfy everyone. So I think the people should start thinking before they wright negative things on this page or any other because they came out with a superior product that just needs the app to fix most problems. So, give them a break and you'll see things moving quicker and the app we'll be out sooner if we give them a little space.

Thank You,
    Paulg12
  • Gizmo
    I'm wondering if the problems I'm having with flavor like burnt popcorn after a few 15 second pulls on level 2 is because I'm pulling too slow on my draw. What is the correct way to draw air on the MV1?
  • Triad
    hey how are you contacting bud and ghost im having trouble getting ahold of them .thanks
  • ec52613
    Hey Bud, stay up my friend. There will always be haters, and with the current state of things in our country, haters are having a field day. With that being said, I want to express my concern regarding the position I am hearing from Ghost. Those, like myself, with a $300.00+ non-functioning vaporizer paperweight, should continue to be patient and wait for a software update and app release, neither of which have a release date. This is not acceptable since I have already paid for my device. Ghost would not send me a vaporizer on my promise to pay for the device when my funds become available; and I did not pay for a device that is not functional and will not be functional until software updates and app are released. Had I been told upfront I could get the vaporizer though it would not function until software update and app were released, I would not have purchased it. Though these 2 updates are supposed to resolve the problems with my vaporizer, it is also quite possible they will not. With that in mind, I will unfortunately just take you up on the buy back and chalk this up as a learning experience. I apologize for putting you in the middle, and quite honestly believe the people at Ghost owe you an apology and huge appreciation for taking so much heat for their premature release of what just might be the best portable vaporizer on the market.
  • Dave
    Non-functioning? As in you press and hold the button and it doesn't give you a battery read and then triple tapped it to turn it on? This is after you fully charged the battery right?
  • ec52613
    No. Non-functioning, as in the vaporizer does not function as designed, unless it was designed to get extremely hot, produce uneven ABV, have little vapor production, or char the contents of the crucible,
    etc.
  • frandemarco
    Well damn man im concerned about the silicone so close to the vapor path. Silicone is not entirely inert n that scares me.
  • Dave
    that's not quite non-functional. That just sounds like you need to dry out your herb a little, pack less in the crucible, then play. It just sounds to me like you don't like it and are complaining. On level 1,2,3 it overheats with use? I'm not trying to be an asshole but what you are describing I already went through and I'm sure others did too. I was overpacking for awhile, not taking longer pulls and trying to treat it like a mighty, and ramping up the heat and banging out rapid draws like a Mighty without taking a breather in between. The blinky red dots hit, you take a few pulls and it clears, stir if you need to, rinse repeat. Unless your device is f'd, but you said it powers and juices, it's sounds good to me.

Other thing too is this, bud extended that buy back till the update. These guys answer PMs and emails, give them 48 hours. I haven't had issues with responses at all.
  • elykpeace
    Mines comming. 8-)

See if I can't figure this ghost thing out.

Patience. :-O
  • hemi1027
    Hello Everyone,
    Just received my MV1 and used for the first time first impression is looks nice seems easy to use. I did notice my mouth piece is tight and makes that scratching noise. I did move it a few times and cleaned out any dust, guess they will have any updated one coming out hope they ship me one. I was able to get 4-5 good hits last one was a little burnt tasting on level 3. Can't wait for the app to come out to unlock the full potential and insure all is working as designed. Overall good first impression.
  • ec52613
    You may not want to appear like an a-hole, but by assuming so much that is what you look like. Why do You assume I have not tried all the suggestions you mention and others. Why would you assume I do not like the vaporizer, did I say that in my comment? Perhaps you should do some more objective research before you make such assumptions and come off sounding like an a-hole. As for your statement about Bud or Ghost representatives, I have done nothing but praise them for their customer service efforts and trying to resolve the issues some of us are experiencing. The Ghost representatives have stated that some vaporizers are performing poorly, not functioning properly, due to a software glitch they feel will be remedied by the update and app, whenever they are released. So apparently your words of wisdom do nothing to amend the problems experienced by those that received non-functioning vaporizers. Now you may not want to appear like an ass, but until you quit assuming so much that is what you will be. As for your personal experience, sorry you were so unaware that all vapes are not like the Mighty. A little research would have clued you in on how to get the best performance from the MV1, but as they say, better late than never. Final bit of knowledge for you, if stirring is a requirement as you seem to suggest, both Bud and Ghost have been untruthful which I do not believe, and there would be a lot more people clamouring for the buy back
  • Dave
    I'm not calling the MV1 a paperweight.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube