• Kinza
    Essentially what occurred, was my first time cleaning the bamboo glass shaft of my precious EVO *begins tearing up* And I did not realize the internal capacity of the bamboo was very low on volume, so even the small amount of iso quickly overfilled going through the tiny gap between the funnel and top glass piece. I already am mad at myself for potentially ruining the unit. But here begets the question...

Has anyone ever done this while cleaning, and still found the unit worked short/long term after letting it dry for a few days? (which is essentially what I am doing right now. On day 3.)

I want to add, the Vapexhale support had been contacted, and their suggestion was to let it dry for a few days, but they simultaneously seeded the doubt of a favorable outcome...I'm so sad. I've asked for specifications on the internal components, since the iso sitting could potentially instigate corrosion of vital parts, but was not returned with any information other than a test for seeing if the bamboo was broken... which wasn't even my original inquiry, hence me being here. I just need answers before turning my baby back on (very hesitant) or cave and buy a base unit again...

Thank you to anyone who can shed light through the vessel of similar experiences...
  • BoomDraws
    no clue but it was ISO right? Do as they say and let it dry. Grab a huge pan, dump some uncooked rice and throw it in there with the rice to leech out as much moisture as possible. If you can get your hands on those silica packets - even better. I say let it be for 3-5 days and on last day take a blow dryer and let the hot air run thru it for an hour.
  • Temple ov truth
    How many ml of iso do you think went inside your unit ,did you move your evo around after you had your accident ,how many days as of today ,temple ov truth,rave on
  • Temple ov truth
    Plus hair dryer works great for a few ml ov iso ,will evaporate in secs ,91%iso has a fare bit of water in it ,temple ov truth,rave on
  • DregerUS
    (FUCK!!!!!!!!)
  • Kinza
    I'm not sure how much. 3tbl spoons of 91% isopropyl. The support said it should be okay as long as it wasn't a cup full. Fingers crossed my dudes. I'm walking to the store to buy rice and hopefully silica packets. Great ideas.
  • Jerms
    Not making any promises, but I worked in an electronics lab while in the military and we used ISO on internal electronics daily, and sometimes copious amounts. After allowing adequate dry time we never had any issues. I think the rice and silica are definitely great ideas, but as long as you keep the power off and allow adequate dry time you should be ok. I should also mention I don't own an EVO and I'm not familiar with what area of the unit you spilled it in, but with evaporation and the extras you plan on doing I predict success!!! You got this Kinza!
  • BoomDraws
    Yea and on that note - if you use the rice - throw it away please. Do not cook and eat that shit lol
  • Temple ov truth
    100% iso is not too bad on electrics but 91%would leave water ,small but the rice should suck it up after a few days,don't forget the hair dryer temple ov truth ,rave on
  • DregerUS
    agreed , we use ISO to clean all of our stuff due to the fact that evaporates cleanly especially with the higher purity. As long as they're not pools or any standing and you had adequate ventilation on it and shook it out properly... I hope that this incident is not an issue for you. Some times you can cause more damage with the best intentions.
  • Spliffy McDabs
    Let us know what the outcome is, I'm interested to hear if it still works. Sending good vibes your way that it will.
  • Kinza
    I got a response again from customer support. I think those positive vibes helped significantly. They forwarded my issue to Seibo (le CEO) himself and he assured that the internal heater is protected and insulated so the small iso spill should be okay as long as the aforementioned drying out is adequate. I'm giving another 24 hours in the rice bag but the iso smell is virtually gone. Perhaps this is not the end. Oh yes. Yes.

Tomorrow I will turn on the unit on lowest setting and heat through to further evaporate any residuals. I will update then. I deeply appreciate all the support through this tribulation. May my experiences help the next guy or gal looking for answers. *Fingers crossed* La mort ne l'aura pas!
  • Baron23
    Sure hope so (Y)

78b00b010b1323d19babacf279db4ba4--book-quotes-rumi-quotes.jpg
  • Temple ov truth
    how did it go, have you plugged it in yet ,hope all went well and you have it back working as it used too temple ov truth ,rave on
  • Kinza
    Alas, she is plugged. As I turn the dial a sliver more, I release my breathe after what felt like minutes. Time soberly slowing. My God. She's alive... SHE'S ALIVE. With temperature Lazer gun in hand and autoignition ranges carefully learned.. I see she's well, and functioning. I'm slightly working towards 12-1o' clock position. My usual range. If she be sailing smoothly, I shall certainly rip this snoops dream sugar wax that I've been saving. Tonight was full of a lot of medible infusion tasks and I'm quite tired. However may the great medicinal bounty that ensued, the truest treasure now sits before me, beckoning me to her seas once again.
  • Spliffy McDabs
    This is excellent news!

May you continue to receive many good services from her.
  • Temple ov truth
    Really pleased for you ,temple ov truth.rave on
  • Baron23
    Good news, man. My EVO broke once and it was a long week waiting for the RMA process to complete. I do really love the EVO.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment