• Bruce
    I spoke with TIm From Customer Support at Davinci and it has been stated many times on Vape Life and FC that the IQ is a conduction tech vape. I noticed the 4 holes on the bottom. And when I pull I notice it's pulling through the holes on the bottom (air flow). The IQ is not Convection but Davinci is calling it a Hybrid. Which it is. I am pulling air via the 4 holes through the heated oven.

Being a member of Vapelife and a contributor to share my experiences with fellow bloggers, I would like to relay my experience with Pax and Davinci. Thanx to this format I have learned almost everything I know about vaping.

I contacted Pax in regard to the service tickets I opened on my Pax 2 and Pax 3. There was an error and after a few weeks, I contacted them back. They apologized they were able to locate my ticket and overnighted me a completely new box of the Pax 2 and Pax 3. We all get things wrong its how we recover from mistakes. I am very grateful and as true as I am to deliver the facts negative or positive this has been a very Positive.

The IQ, I sent back in March It just needed a deep cleaning after hundreds of uses. I learned how to do that myself, but I was very happy to get my Davinci back with the deep cleaning. Out of nowhere, I noticed last night the Micro USB was not working properly. I contacted Davinci today and they offered to do another ticket. I explained since this is the second time in 8 months, waiting for the entire process would take away from the experience I have had with the IQ (awesome). They are overniting a brand new unit it is me after I submitted pictures to display the area that is causing problems, receipt, and box. This is beyond the call of duty.

As much as I have expressed the flaws that I find with Pax, I know I got a good Vaporizer that will work the next 10 years.

The IQ is almost flawless and has gained my praise in my contribution to Vape Life and FC. It is good to know that as of now the best pocketable Vaporizer is going to be covered for a few years as well.
  • Kakarot
    I just got my new flavor chamber, 10 to 14 water adapter, I have the Nectar Collector already.. I am about to go get a nice little glass bong to use mine with.. I am on my 3rd IQ the other 2 we’re off gassing and they could not fix them but this one is working great and I am back to loving it again.
  • bener
    I am back to loving it again.Kakarot

:s great that you are falling for your vape again X-)

I have been feeling it for my new MV1. I was considering an IQ among others when deciding. What are your favorite things about the IQ, please?
  • Bruce
    It is the best pocketable vape in my opinion and there isn't any pocketable that is close. Vapor Production, the features and style are top notch. Very easy to fit in the pocket and enjoy anywhere. I have 4 18650's which is plenty of power to go!

Tell me about the Nectar Collector? Is that for concentrates? how does it work?

Pretty cool that the IQ comes with the water tool connector out of the box.

My favorite part is the features, the display and exact temp all can be done of the device. The app is pretty good. I am very sensitive, I start at 340 degrees (F) and move up via the Smart Paths 10 degrees at a time.
  • Kakarot
    Give me a few minutes and I’ll show you it’s like a little bubbler that slides on the water mouth piece and The taste,portability, smart paths, the exact temp controls.. the bong/bubbler capacity it really is one of the best portables out.. and the customer service is A++
  • Bruce

1. Favorite Features - It feels like the best best quality made vape in my hands. Solid metal, Ceramic Zirconia Mouthpiece and Onyx Pearl oven lid. The loading chamber is stainless and on an angle so, easy to load.

2. The Flavor Chamber (Ceramic Zirconia) is the air flow. It's removable and hence a removable and easily cleanable air path. The Flavor chamber is outrageous when you use it for storing the next load. Due to it being the airpath as well, the herbs in the chamber durring a session are infused with extra THC because the vapes that are being vaped leave off some yummy THC that can be used when reloading for the next session.

3. Draw resistance very very little.

4. Hybrid - Half Convection and half Conduction. That is my preference due to in my opinion Convection has not been perfected yet but the hybrid Conduction/Convection vapes seem to have it right.

5. Customer Service

6. Up to date 2017 features. Boost Mode, an Incredible sleek device with a cutting-edge display. All controls are on the unit. The app is just an additional way to use the IQ.

7. The App.

8. Micro USB (should be standard on every vape)

9. Low odor. Because of its a hybrid vape.

10. The few times I have had to deal with Customer Care, it has been A1 First Class.

11. It slips into my pocket and I don't notice it's their many times.

12. The built in Pick tool is another really smart and convenient part of this device.
  • Kakarot
    Here’s some pics of the IQ with Bong and the Nectar Collector bubbler.
    5pwnk2bak4n73cqe.jpeg
    76etzaopxbnayu8w.jpeg
    o9vw5fum06tgx8vj.jpeg
    no6gc05dpuf7k46i.jpeg
  • Bruce
    I have got to get the Nectar Collector! Black is looking good. I have the gunmetal.
  • Kakarot
    You can get it from DaVinci's website it is called Nectar collector Honeybird combo... I am pretty sure its 70$.. They also sell the 10 to 14 water pipe adapter.. you can then use the IQ with any bong you desire pretty much... The Collector is great I love it, it is also spill proof and the glass is super thick, it is just as portable as the vape.
  • Bruce
    With the Vape production from the IQ, I can imagine its a great with a bong.
    The honey Collector is that for concentrates?
  • Kakarot
    Nope its made just for the IQ and flower, I guess you could use it with concentrates provided you could use them in the IQ.. I did not think you could tho... IQ is a flower only vape? I thought anyway... I am pretty sure that is just the name of the Bubbler.. That is exactly how it works is like a rock-hammer bubbler.
  • Kakarot
    Wow with that bong and 1 piece of ice in the catcher, you just feel like your inhaling cool air.. I do not think I have ever had such smooth cool vapor.. Just wow
  • Bruce
    I think Sue mentioned she uses lukewarm water in water tools. It works really good. I used to freeze the water as cold as I could. Warm worked better for me.
  • Dave
    What do you suggest is the best way to pack it with the glass spacers? I wasn't getting too much in the way of even bake.what is the weight range for the perfect pack using the larger glass spacer? I'm not using my IQ anymore because it makes me go through a ton of herbage if I do full packs.
  • Bruce
    tight works good on the IQ. Spacers really makes that vape even better
  • CreativeWriter
    I can´t see the holes on the bottom in mine? could you post a picture, because this could be a new feature in new batches and if this is like this I want a replacement
  • Kakarot
    There is something about really cold water, it seems like you dont feel medicated or something.. or it takes much more...
  • Kakarot
    when you take the flavor chamber out and shine a flash light down in there.. you should be able to see the underside of the oven thru the little gasket hole... it is normal to be a little off center.
  • CreativeWriter
    I know...you say chamber holes...these are normal like in every chamber not to take air from nowhere...so Im atraído you are wrong and no convection is happening. Although is a great vape than depends the time I prefer over my mighty and prima
  • CreativeWriter
    Sorry for word "atraído"...I want to write "afraid" but fucking Phone change it
  • Bruce
    I asked the question about whether the IQ is conduction to a Davinci Customer Service Rep. I was told it is a hybrid. I asked the question because there are 4 holes on the bottom. Those 4 holes are part of the airflow of the oven. Being that when I pull I am pulling the hot air through the oven it makes sense that the IQ is a hybrid type of convection and conduction.

Peace, Love and Vape
  • Bruce
    I found cold water made my herbs a bit less potent. Does that make sense?
  • Bruce
    I am going to take your advice. Help me out I am pretty new to the bubbler part of things. I would rather get the connector and buy a bong because then I can use the bong with other vaporizers. If I get the Nectar collector from Davinci the $70 on a bubbler would limit me to just having a bubbler for the IQ. I still would like to use a bubbler with my Extreme Q, Air/Solo, even the Mighty. I can get adapters for those vapes.

I was at a vape store and the prices for a decent piece of glass is $100 to $250.

Make sense ?
  • Kakarot
    Actuallly yeah.. with the cold water thing .. I vaped a whole load with ice cold water and a piece of ice in the ice catcher and did not get medicated through the IQ was like wtf is going on lol... if you use warm water tho with no ice you get stoned... I do not know why, also yeah DaVinci has the 10 to 14 adapter for 9.95, I looked for one at the local head shop but of course they did not have any and a basic glass bong like the one in the pics I put up that one cost me 63$ but if its a honeycomb or a perc then yeah your lookin at 100 to 250.. hell I saw one the other day for 730$ some of them get expensive lol..
  • Kakarot
    Also I dont know tho the damn IQ is so smooth already I spent the 63$ on the bong... I had one already but it was to big and since my lung surgery I do not like to have to pull really hard for a long time so I got that small one... but I compared them The bubbler for just the IQ vs the Bong for the IQ and personally for me the Bubbler for the IQ won.. I don't know wtf it is but god I get lit from 3 or 4 hits with the Bubbler and the IQ only a tiny,tiny,tiny small bit of water goes in it so your not loosin much to filtration but there is just enough to cleanse the vapor and smooth it out a tad more...but like you said you are gonna use multiple bongs with the 10 to 14 adapter so yeah it prolly would better suit your needs.
  • MAbud
    i've been on the fence as to whether to ad an IQ to my arsenal...you guys are making it tougher to say no
  • Bruce
    I don't trust myself! I know I will knock it over! Plus like you said, the IQ is so smooth I don't need a water tool. In my opinion, Davinci has made a move to be the best pocketable vape. Respect to Pax, but competition can be a bitch. The Pax will always hold value because it is a very durable vape with a very good 10-year warranty. But the IQ has beaten the Pax in every category.
  • Kakarot
    Well one really cool thing about the Nectar Collector Honeybird Bubbler is that you put just a little water in it, like literally a TSP the really cool thing about it is that they have made it to where it is really just as portable as the vape because (and I have tested this) you can sling it around loose in a bag or your pocket, it can stay up side down with the water in it and it will NOT spill/leak a drop the back of the glass piece is flat so it is meant to lay down flat without rolling when your not using it. check it out.... Really I think I wasted 63$ on the bong because I don't need it lol but oh well its there if I ever get the need... I love the Nectar Collector it actually boosts the could production and does not diminish the flavor... I usually use the a smart path that starts at 365 and ends at 390.. I don't like going above 390 with any vape.. I usually stay around 355-365 but with this one the gradual temp increase is pretty awesome... I was frustrated with the 2 that messed up but the (and I don't wanna jinx it but #3 has me loving this vape again) and the customer service is fantastic... other companies could learn some stuff from DaVinci in that category..... How did that big nuggie of paprika get in my bong??? :-!
    g069exie5yzck590.jpg
    ty818f18q3soxc2t.jpg
    vkepzyos9ychpllt.jpg
    b4orjbain88r89s4.jpg
    wc2kx3hcl1483soz.jpg
    xtkttsrmcg1ka69w.jpg
  • Bruce
    You are the Boss! I got the bubbler. I plan on getting the nectar collector. But Thank YOU!!! I have my first glass bong. I have made some of the cheap materials. But the taste is incredible, and I am totally f'd on one Rip! I will never cough again! (I also got crap lungs (Smoking), I have emphysema, CPOD, u name it.

Whew ! I am whacked, I am vaping at 380 (Degrees (F) when I normally start around 345 (Degrees (F) without water tool.

I have learned so much on this site. Wow, the bong is really the bong.

I don't think the Ghost MV1 needs a water tool, but that must be insane. I hope they come out with an adapter.

Peace, Love and Vape
    Attachment
    IMG_0926 (126K)
  • Bruce
    If I vape on 420 (Degrees F) is that combusting, when I use a water tool?

"That.... is no sun..... That's The Ghost MV1"
  • Kakarot
    Hell yeah man, that is a nice bong... and I am loving the way you made your own DiY adapter and holder with the tape roll lol that is the shit... Cheers man I will have one with ya X-) Also on the combustion thing I think its 490? or something... the IQ goes to 430... Good question... it also probably depends on the vape to.
    dsmqgkdnveqefed7.jpg
    ydxljaqbq8p0gxh8.jpg
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube