• VapeCritic
    Hey guys I want to give you another quick update about the MV1, I received word from Ghost that their internal testing of the firmware updates went very well, so they are going to start rolling out beta testing of the app most likely tomorrow.

In addition to those of you who test it out I'm going to test the firmware updates on the 6 units I have in my possession that are running hot, and I'll let you guys know if it works on all of them.

Ghost says they tested the updates on a dozen units with varying degrees of issues, and that they all ended up performing perfectly after being updated, so they're positive about this.

They started mentioning in my last update thread about how they're going to start the beta testing process, so I decided to make this new update so we can have all this new info here instead.

Just to confirm again, my buy-back offer is extended for you guys so that you have enough time to update your units with the app and test it out.

And thank you all again VERY much for your patience with me/Ghost.

Stay tuned for my results from the firmware updates.
  • Rockytdogg
    Thanks Bud!
  • Jcasvt1
    Thanks Bud, ghostvapeofficial, for the updates. Please reach out if you need any android testers.
  • RightTrash
    Thanks for the update, Bud! A big Thanks to Patrick and the Ghost team as well!

-Note that, I'm bored and thinking aloud more than actually asking anything here.-
    Patiently eager with anticipation, loving the unit minus the current hiccups which are definitely a bit frustrating (was let down trying to use it outdoor the first time, but the second time I tried on the following day, it went way smoother yet there were still some difficulties, leaking).

Will be interesting to see if there is a relearning necessary after the update, or if what I've begun to get figured out will just continue, yet being even better?
    Dry, torn or ground tiny but not powdery nor too fine, semi loose to brim, evenly spread, a fresh cleaned lid, checking and pressing heatsink in, then with the proper adjustments between heat levels 2-3, or 3-4 depending on the battery charge level.

Also, whether or not I'll still want, or need, to be doing an occasional 2 cycles, per 1 long draw (with a quick pause and repress of button)?
    Since I can't always make the 15 second draw time work well, I find this does it yet I think it increases the chances of uneven char.
    Whether that may actually relate more to perhaps the load (material, loose vs packed), or maybe having to do with leakage if I've not pressed together and/or re-assembled the heatsink recently enough?

In other words, will we see the battery just perform longer with the same amount of heat for charge, or will it perform longer and stronger to where there is no drop in charge resulting in upping the heat level?
    Will the temps 1 to 3 actually perform differently?
    -Again am just thinking aloud...-
  • BoomDraws
    awesome
  • vipervs
    hey, I wanted to ask how it looks with the nickel model, I have registered directly after the first release here in the forum for it, but unfortunately there was only black chrome and satin to order.
  • Ooziah
    Unfortunately? Love my black chrome
  • Sage880
    Just wanted to mention - I get char in the middle in the part touching the lid using one crucible but not the other now. My char crucible is like 99% clean from an iso wash but still has a bit of residue on the lid. No visible blocking of whole holes but I think it's enough to affect air flow. Damn dank weed!

Tonight I'll give it a proper iso wash/scrubbing. But for those of you who are having char on lvl 1-3 try getting you crucible/heat sink as absolutely clean as possible. The ghost MV1 seems pretty smart and I think their firmware update will likely lower temp based on sensor readings around the crucible. This thing really is an impressive piece of engineering. I keep having to resist the urge to completly disassemble it for science =].

Complain about it as much as you want but this really is next lvl vaping with the on demand convection system. I think the MV1 will be the start of a whole new era of dry herb vaping and they've really moved the science forward. No it's not perfect but I really do think they will solve most problems with the update simply by the fact that this machine is complicated enough that I think it will be able to regulate hear that precisely. Comparing this to other Vapes is like complaining your BMW is more finicky to use than your toaster!
  • MAbud
    Great stuff, Bud
  • pFresh

Nickel will look something like this. Both look pretty sharp!

z184kky59p9i0g2q.jpeg
    Attachment
    B727BB32-E9F1-4457-8A29-D34F82314E52 (186K)
  • vipervs

nice, how did you get it?
  • Cannabliss420
    Will we all who have bought it get the beta app tomorrow?
  • BoomDraws
    no. A presorted list of iOS users for beta testing and then from there we will go to a launch of the app.
  • Cannabliss420
    Oh that makes sense. Thanks
  • Gizmo
    iOS users only? Hope us Android guys get something like that.
  • Ethan
    If we have an iPad (but not iPhone), is that a viable option for getting the firmware to the MV1?

Also - how do I get on the beta testing list?

Thanks
  • ZRN
    Is there information on when the android version might be sent out?
  • StuddlyBud
    This is spectacular news as I had one of those chair spinning hits this morning using the MV1 before heading off to work.

I had one crucible and was good to go technically, but then dumped it and filled it again for later, but decided to take a hit for the road after having waited a lil bit while preparing to leave...it was at the perfect temp as I took the last hit on level three and it was amazing; couldn't even draw for the full 15 seconds without having lungs and throat full of smooth cool vapor and tasty vapor. I usually am the king of holding it in to get the full benefits of the herb...but nope, I tried holding the cough and I was having fits trying to do so hahaha. Strapped with trainwreck gear, I had an extremely pleasant drive like how I used to remember it. So yes...this is great news indeed.
  • Spog
    Nice!! Can’t wait!
  • theCerberus
    what happened to the replacement mouthpiece? is that still going to be sent out free?
  • ghostvapesofficial
    Thanks Bud, ghostvapeofficial, for the updates. Please reach out if you need any android testers. @Jcasvt1

Please PM me your original order number and email address so that I can add you to the Beta group for Android.

This will follow shortly.

Best

Patrick
  • ghostvapesofficial

In other words, will we see the battery just perform longer with the same amount of heat for charge, or will it perform longer and stronger to where there is no drop in charge resulting in upping the heat level?
    Will the temps 1 to 3 actually perform differently?
    -Again am just thinking aloud...- @RightTrash

You will experience a dramatic improvement in performance across the board. Battery life will be extended and you will experience the same level of performance at any level of charge. The device will be far more forgiving in terms of draw technique and you shouldn't experience charring at any level. ABV will be very uniform with no need for stirring. When using the App you will be able to adjust the temperature in 1 degree increments on levels 4&5. Experimentation with temperature, heat levels and stem adjustments will allow you to customize and find your own perfect setting that you can save for future use.
  • ghostvapesofficial
    hey, I wanted to ask how it looks with the nickel model, I have registered directly after the first release here in the forum for it, but unfortunately there was only black chrome and satin to order. @vipervs

We will have all finishes including Nickel in stock within a few days. We are extending the free Fast Charger offer to anyone that pre-registers before public release of the App. Please feel free to PM me directly to have a nickel unit put aside for you. Best Patrick
  • ghostvapesofficial
    Complain about it as much as you want but this really is next lvl vaping with the on demand convection system. I think the MV1 will be the start of a whole new era of dry herb vaping and they've really moved the science forward. No it's not perfect but I really do think they will solve most problems with the update simply by the fact that this machine is complicated enough that I think it will be able to regulate hear that precisely. Comparing this to other Vapes is like complaining your BMW is more finicky to use than your toaster! @Sage880

Thanks for recognising and appreciating the level of technology involved. You are absolutely correct in your thinking and the Firmware update will indeed be transformational in terms of performance. Best Patrick
  • ghostvapesofficial
    Will we all who have bought it get the beta app tomorrow? @Cannabliss420

The App and firmware update will be available to everyone as soon as the Beta testing program is complete. Please feel free to PM me if you want to take part in the Beta program. We will be adding additional participants on Wednesday and Thursday on iOS and will be commencing testing on Android shortly after.
  • ghostvapesofficial
    iOS users only? Hope us Android guys get something like that. @Gizmo

The App and firmware update will be available to everyone as soon as the Beta testing program is complete. Please feel free to PM me if you want to take part in the Beta program. We will be adding additional participants on Wednesday and Thursday on iOS and will be commencing testing on Android shortly after.
  • ghostvapesofficial
    If we have an iPad (but not iPhone), is that a viable option for getting the firmware to the MV1?

Also - how do I get on the beta testing list?

Thanks @Ethan

The App and firmware update will work on your iPad and will be available to everyone as soon as the Beta testing program is complete. Please feel free to PM me if you want to take part in the Beta program. We will be adding additional participants on Wednesday and Thursday on iOS
  • ghostvapesofficial
    Is there information on when the android version might be sent out? @ZRN

• Erikson
    You will experience a dramatic improvement in performance across the board. Battery life will be extended and you will experience the same level of performance at any level of charge. The device will be far more forgiving in terms of draw technique and you shouldn't experience charring at any level. ABV will be very uniform with no need for stirring. When using the App you will be able to adjust the temperature in 1 degree increments on levels 4&5. Experimentation with temperature, heat levels and stem adjustments will allow you to customize and find your own perfect setting that you can save for future use.ghostvapesofficial

Damn that's exciting.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet