• StuddlyBud

Oh yes Bolivia? I wouldn't worry about that tbh. It has been to my attention that if you are unsatisfied to where you take the hit in costs, Ghost will make sure to make it right by eating the costs of such things. Although you seem like me (don't want yourself, but at the same time others to have to eat any costs if we all don't have to), just allow them to make it right and they will.
  • StuddlyBud
    But to be honest sounds like you have a unit that like most of us, will benefit from the update and app.
  • Terry1951
    LOL Try again. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Lynch_(Argentina)
  • StuddlyBud

lol oh shit hahaha don't laugh I tried. I don't know much about that lol I was kinda close...
  • bener
    Bolivia?
  • Terry1951
    Ireland. Last time I checked a map Bolivia wasn't across the Atlantic from the US.

Patrick Lynch

Ernesto Guevara Lynch, (great-great-great-grandson) father of Che Guevara
    Che Guevara, (great-great-great-great-grandson), Argentine revolutionary
  • StuddlyBud

Thanks for the info, and the across the Atlantic slipped my mind. When you mentioned Che I immediately thought about areas around Brazil or in South America rather lol so that's why I said I was close and obviously ignorant about all that bloodline.
  • LabPong
    MV1 Update 10/8......please stay on topic in this important thread. ty
  • StuddlyBud

I see, but in all honesty, whenever there is a prominent figure such as Che involved, there will always be some controversy.
  • Terry1951
    Is there no facility to delete comments?
  • Summer
    Yeah, Bud is the facility.

@LabPong, hopefully @ghostvapesofficial will answer our questions in the next day or two. If not we'll start a new thread for our posts to be addressed.
  • SirCrackKillaH
    Yo, day one without the glass stem because I'm a dumbass:

After briefly shelving the MV1 yesterday, I posed the question on the message board if you could vape without a stem. A delightful young chap indicated that yes, it was possible. The IQ and the Firefly saw the light of day for a very short period of time before I realized that... F'in A-Right this thing still hits like a friggin monster even without the stem! I find it actually easier to use without the stem while moving. None of that wiggly, jiggly nonsense. None of that trying to perfecly pull the thing out. This MV1 is the shit yo, straight up.
  • BoomDraws
    the heatsink doesnt get hot?
  • SirCrackKillaH
    Check it out. It gets warm but not crazy hot like an IQ. Keep in mind, you can't pound it with back to back pulls. Initial first three draws sure but everything after that, wait like 45sec to a minute and a half in between pulls depending on heat level. Crank it up to level 4 or even 3 and you'll see what I mean. It's still a clean no resistance hit.
  • bener
    In my unit, I have tested out how hot the heatsink gets and I've found that it doesn't get too hot if I let my lips touch the heat sink while I'm using it. I've never tired it without the glass stem, but I am going to!
  • SirCrackKillaH
    y5y5q76dpeag5elo.jpg
    Thats after five draws at level 4, 93F isn't bad. Warm but not hot hot like that damn IQ or Pax.
    Attachment
    IMG_0106 (94K)
  • Rockytdogg
    The top piece on the heat sink/mp assembly is plastic so it doesn’t get as much heat transferred from the metal sink. I hit it a few times a couple of weeks ago w/o the mp just to check it out.... I knew it would work. Why wouldn’t it?
  • SirCrackKillaH
    9rl0bjukbesvk8p1.jpg
    I'm not trying with level 5. This is warm enough. Full blown session from 1-4.
  • SirCrackKillaH
    I initially believed that the device would be inoperable or suffer from a dramatic performance loss without the stem. Bud never mentioned it and after viewing those diagrams relating to the airflow within the device, I thought the stem would be crucial. By removing the stem, it makes it more portable in the sense that you aren't fumbling at all. It shifts what I initially viewed the MV1 to be and without any real performance loss, I think I'll be enjoying this more on the go without the stem and then with the stem for the longer drawn out level 1-5 sessions.
    Without the stem too, I believe I would've gotten a few I know unaccustomed to vapes to try it. When I whipped it out and told them it was a rocket ship, it blew their mind. When I popped the wood that is the stem, it made the thing look more like a medical grade scary spin cycle doohickey and they declined to try out of fear of being rocketed off the planet. I know if I offered it without the stem, I would've been good yo and they would've been like whoaaaaaa but whatever yo, f the stem or don't f the stem, I love the stem. I just wish I hadn't broken mine
    >.<
  • SirCrackKillaH
    Are we good on vaping this thing without the stem? This isn't going to harm the device right? Curious.. as stated prior, the airflow diagrams you guys had were pretty sick and I wasn't sure if this would potentially make the device work harder or not.
  • Philly
    I sent a PM to Patrick About beta testing the Android app. No reply yet. Has anyone got a reply regarding Android testing or is Ghost waiting til their done with iOS testing before they reply.
  • AtMyVakeSale
    I think you might be exposing a tiny bit of the gasket in the heatsink to vapor, which might make it sticky. And you might feel a little strange about having that bit of silicon in the vapor path. IMO, it's not a big deal and you might have to use warm water to keep the gasket clean.
  • Rockytdogg
    Be careful RWV (running whilst vaping) @SirCrackKillaH, wouldn’t want to chip a toof now....!
  • Ooziah
    LOL @Rockytdog. King of Acronyms (KOA!)
  • BoomDraws
    after iOS. Just hold on tight
  • Vapenstein
    I hope they finish testing soon. I've been waiting for my purchase invite email patiently, understanding that they want to put out the best product and app. I think I was close when they decided to suspend purchases to get everything corrected. But hey I'd rather have a vape that's already been put thru the ringer and working properly. Just have to keep on with my Solo.
  • Philly
    Thanks for the update
  • Redwwolf
    Just wondering.... how long of a wait is it from reserving the ghost to being able to purchase it?it's only been a few days for me and I'm really hyped to try this out lol
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment